- 7 years of professional experience as a Business Analyst in Insurance domain and banking domains.
- Insurance experience includes Personal Property Casualty and Commercial Automobile Product knowledge, Worker’s compensation, Umbrella, Home Insurance, and Reinsurance for Commercial Property Casualty, Group and Life Insurance Systems.
- Expert in commercial Property and Casualty and Personal Lines Insurance experience with national carriers.
- Experienced in developing Conceptual, logical models and physical database design for Online Transactional processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) systems, Master Data Management (MDM).
- Experienced in Data Migration, Data Conversions using DTS, Data Junction and SQL Loader.
- Experienced in designing star schema (identification of facts and dimensions), Snowflake schema for modeling a Data Warehouse.
- Well versed in Normalization/Denormalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Good command in modeling using case tools like ERwin, Oracle Designer, Power Designer & E - R/Studio.
- Target and Source RDBMS experiences includes DB2 (UDB and Mainframe), SQL Server (2000, 2005 and 2008), Oracle 9I and below and Teradata. Advanced skills in client side MS Access 2007 and below.
- Good amount of experience in PL/SQL programming: Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience using query tools for Oracle, Sybase, Teradata, DB2 and MS SQL Server to validate reports and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Experience in data transformation, data mapping from source to target database schemas, data cleansing procedures.
- Experience with Business Process Modeling, Process Flow Modeling, Data flow modeling
- Excellent experience in Extract, Transfer and Load process using ETL tools like Data Stage, Informatica,
- Data Integrator and SQL Server Integration Services for Data migration and Data Warehousing projects.
- Involved in performance optimization of DWH solutions, both on ETL as well as Database side.
- Strong experience with SQL, Normalized Database creation in relational databases like Oracle 8i/9i, MS-SQL Server 7.0, DB2 UDB, Sybase 11.5/11.2. Expert in writing optimized PL/SQL, SQL, triggers, and cursors in Oracle 9i/8i. Expertise in performance and tuning of triggers, stored procedures, queries.
- Experience in Oracle and SQL-Server database administration.
- Use a balance of technology and business skills to deliver implementations.
- Conducted joint application development (JAD) sessions, and white board sessions to keep executive staff, and the team members apprised of goals, project status, and resolving issues.
- Quick learner, highly motivated, result oriented and an enthusiastic team player.
Programming Languages: SQL, Transact SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, COBOL, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML 4.0, XML, JAVA, .NET framework 3.0, C#, ASP.NET
Database Systems: SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, Oracle 10g/9i/8, DB2, and MS Access 2003/2000, Teradata
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose
Process Tools: Rational Rose Suite, RUP, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Share Point, SASV9.0. Version One, XML Spy, Pivot Tables, SSIS, Requisite Pro
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Cognosv8.0., SSRS
Operating System: Windows NT 4.0/98/2000, XP, 2007, UNIX
Version Control System Tools: Harvest, Rational Clear Case
Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise Suite, QTP V9.5, Win Runner V9.2, Load Runner, HP Quality centre 10.0, Clear Quest
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Analyst / Data Analyst
- Involved in brainstorming and JAD session with the client in order to identify all the business requirements for rate, quote, bind & issue a policy.
- Explained Property and Casualty terms, Insurance Rules, Workers Compensation, Claims Procedures to development teams
- Analysis of business requirements and system requirements of the client and also for Property and casualty modules
- Worked on Commercial Lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Expertise in developing and deploying applications using IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS 3.5/5.x/6.x), BEA WEBLOGIC, IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer.
- Worked as a Personal line of Property and Casualty Expert for interface to Insurer Business.
- Used IBM WebSphere Business Modeler to understand and transform business through superior business modeling.
- Performed Requirements Gathering and Analysis, interviewed the SME (Subject Matter Experts), and ensured that contributors and all key stakeholders were motivated to complete assigned tasks.
- Lead multiple project teams of technical professionals through all phases of the SDLC using technologies including Oracle, Erwin, Data Stage, Data Warehousing, Websphere and Cognos.
- Expertise in Enterprise Application integration and orchestration of complex JAVA implementation using Websphere Integration Developer (WID/BPEL) and Oracle Service Bus (OSB 11g)
- Used data analysis techniques to validate business rules and identified low quality missing data in the existing enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
- Prepared extremely detailed ETL design documents and target-source mapping templates based on requirements gathered.
- Gathered reporting requirement and generated reports using Microsoft SSIS and SSRS BI tool
- Worked on SQL Server 2005 concepts SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS (Analysis Services) and SSRS (Reporting Services).
- Extensively participated in functional and technical meetings for designing the architecture of ETL load process (mappings, sessions, workflows from source systems to staging to DW).
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the proposed system.
- Used SQL for extracting data from the Oracle database and performed data analysis
- Performed Defect Tracking and Change Control Procedures using Spira and Squish respectively.
- Involved in User-acceptance testing (UAT) and helping business in validating various defects and change requests raised during the testing.
- Attend daily and weekly communications meeting with different team members along with Project managers, and business users during the UAT and Model Office Testing.
- Triaged the production support tickets using System Center Service Manger (SCSM)
Environment: s: Business Objects, Cognos 8.4, Informatica, IBM WebSphere, Rational Requisite, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, UML 2.0, MS Project 2000, MS Office, Oracle 10g, Windows 2000, XML, Power Designer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Experience working in the Commercial Package Policy, Personal Lines Insurance (Auto, Homeowners), Monline Insurance Policy, Workmen’s Comp and Commercial farm Insurance
- Played business analyst in multiple projects and programs. Procure first-hand information from the clients & take into consideration most of the systems inquiry, functional spec, development, monitoring, testing life insurance and P & C insurance changes
- Gathered reporting requirement and generated reports using Microsoft SSIS and SSRS BI tool
- Defined to implement the required business transformation rules and logic for ETL development
- Implementation of ISO rules, rates, forms and routine revisions. Algorithm implementation due to ISO rate and form changes
- System processing of new business for property and casualty insurance policy
- Policy administration operations, including material and non-material changes in property and casualty insurance business.
- Setting up system inquiries (SI) to address the relevant issues into our CTS (customer tracking system) as per the requirements of clients and on the basis our initial and impact analysis
- Used IBM WebSphere Business Modeler to fully visualize, comprehend, and document the business processes. To model and optimize the business-critical processes. Define and refine process models through the company's best practices.
- Worked on Point In claims systems of auto lob for MVR (motor vehicle reports) for North American risk services and responsible for business reporting
- Sketched diagrams of proposed and existing systems using Visio
- Implemented the entire Agile Methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts, and activities
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements by using Rational Rose, Visio and Requisite pro
- Supported IT & Risk Management in Business Continuity Planning for Item Processing department
- Developed and maintained the project plan using MS Project
- Conducted interviews with clients for the purpose of gathering product requirements and understanding the client workflow
- Created a RACI matrix based on the organization standards for ongoing operations and issue resolution procedures
- Worked with ETL team during the upload process.
- Gained thorough understanding of Cash Management, Liquidity Positions and Liquidity Ratios
- Worked with the Quality Assurance team to create Test Plan and Test Cases and conduct unit, integration, and system testing
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Unix, Documentum, Windows NT/XP, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, VBScript, C#. DOORS, C++, NET, ASP.NET, Quality Center, Business Objects, TestDirector, LoadRunner
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Business Systems Analyst/ Data Analyst
- Worked with the account managers, managements, and report requestors to gather requirements, get report requests.
- Introduced Agile and RUP methodologies to reflect liquid nature of front-office improving time-to-market
- Wrote Business Requirements, analyzed them and tested them
- Create and maintain data model/architecture standards, including master data management (MDM)
- Assured that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate AGILE Policies and guidelines.
- Designed DataStage ETL jobs for extracting data from heterogeneous source systems, transform and finally load into the Data Marts.
- Perform Source-to-Target Data Mapping; Data Lineage Analysis and documentation using the Enterprise Metadata Repository.
- Created DTS and SSIS Packages to vendors in which records were loaded Daily, also to other data resources such as Excel, Access, flat file, and XML in order to Create and maintain a centralized data warehouse.
- Assisted JAD sessions to identify the business flows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the EDI X12 Transaction, Code set and Identifier aspects of HIPAA.
- Worked on HIPAA 4010/ 5010 transactions set and ICD-10 initiatives.
- Work with Compliance and Regulatory operations to follow and monitor different IT process bound by CMS Regulations.
- Worked with SQL server and Flat file sources. The data was loaded to Oracle and XML targets
- In corporate structured analysis and design processes, procedures and formats. In corporate object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) into the AGILE SDLC
- Provided technical solution related to domain controller, database server, IIS server and FTP server
- Design and develop the data load process using Informatica PowerCenter and XML Style sheets and ACORD XML.
- Gathered requirements from the clients and developed crosswalks for 837 P/I claim.
- Extensively involved in the modeling and development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements management plans, Functional Requirements, supplemental Requirements, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Used Test Director and Mercury Quality Center for updating the status of all the Test Cases & Test Scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access.
- Wrote Test Plans in MS Word for Manual Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing & reviewed their consistency with the business requirements.
Environment: Oracle, DB2, SSIS, SSAS, SQL Server, UNIX Shell Scripts, Netezza, PL/SQL, Teradata, Erwin, TOAD, Crystal Reports, Rational Rose, Informatica, Rational Requisite Pro, Windows
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Reviewed and analyzed the business environment and identified process improvements.
- Interacted with Business Users to conduct thorough Requirements Analysis.
- Used DataStage Manager for importing metadata from repository, new job categories and creating new data elements.
- Work closely with production underwriters to review commercial property insurance renewal and new business opportunities to ensure proper risk identification, analysis and assessment and the development and growth of a profitable portfolio of business. Involved in Data Modeling of both Logical Design and Physical design of data warehouse and data marts in Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema methodology.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and analyzed the server performance on UNIX.
- Coordinated activities with project manager and various other teams using MS Project.
- Assisted in on-going process improvement efforts to ensure Test Planning, Execution, and Reporting is effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated.
- Assist other project teams with data analysis, data mining and data profiling as needed.
- Developed the ETL Informatica Mappings for importing data from ODS into subsequent data marts.
- Involved in Managing Data modelling project from Logical design and implementation of Sybase Database. Performed GAP analysis of system rules, system and system process flows, user administration, and requirements
- Acted as User Acceptance Testing coordinator and monitored business testing and interfaced with the development team regarding defect status and fixes on a daily basis.
- Involved in generation and execution of SQL queries.