- Results - driven Business Analyst professional with first-rate skills in analyzing full cycles for complex, multi-site projects and initiatives with expertise of SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Over 12 years of industry experience in Business Data analysis serving at all levels of SDLC as Business Analyst, Technical Lead (Developer and Testing).
- Thorough understanding of IT industry systems organization and architecture with a thorough experience working on Telecom projects from conception till implementation.
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC with proficiency in mapping client’s requirements, quality assurance, integration & testing and troubleshooting for complex information systems management.
- Act as a liaison between the business groups, application owners and the development team.
- Experienced in Scrum Practices like User Stories, Story Slicing, Backlog Grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Spring Review and Sprint Retrospective
- Extensively used Agile methodology and utilized Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to configure and develop process, standards procedures
- Conducted Daily Scrum meeting, Planning Sessions, Backlog updates, User Stories updates, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing
- Strong communication, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new technical and functional environments straight off & leveraging the same for bringing in successful project accomplishment with the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- ITIL Certified professional has the ability to translate technical concepts for business people and also breaking down the business process or requirements into technical requirements for the developers & testers.
- Expertise in Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow, Functional Process Flow, Business Process Re-Engineering Data analysis, Data mapping and Change Management.
- Act as a liaison between the business groups, application owners and the development team.
- Experienced in creating industry standard documents such as BRDs, FSDs, User Stories and Use Cases.
- Proficient in Designing OSS/BSS architectures for various service providers on Telecom Provisioning, Order & Inventory Management across a variety of technologies such as IPTV, Ethernet, and Broadband.
- Proven ability to deliver substantial revenue, productivity and quality improvements through well-managed, on-time projects.
- Created Use Cases, Test Plan and Test Cases and conducted end-to-end SIT/UAT testing on New Product, New Technology and Data migration for several releases.
- Served as a point of contact for the Business, Solution Development and Testing Teams, and coordinated multiple teams at onsite and offsite locations.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures, functions, triggers and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer, DB Visualizer and Squirrel DB.
- Extensively used SOAP services in the database to integrate with external systems.
- Expertise in working with Operating Systems like Sun Solaris, UNIX, and Windows.
- Experienced to handle Requirements scope discussion, testing and Deployment meetings.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
SOA Technologies: Web Services, WSDL, SOAP
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11gWeb/App. Servers: Tomcat, BEA Web Logic 10.0
Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project, Toad, Oracle SQL Developer, DB Visualizer
Others: SDLC, Agile SCRUM, Use Cases.
Senior Business Analyst
- Planned project from conception to implementation and monitored its progress.
- Meet with IT team members to review projects and report on financials
- Supported the IT Finance team
- Oversee and review the process and payments of all telecom services.
- Ensure the availability of the information to the billing system and troubleshoot the billing errors.
- Ensure billing information is translated from the Inventory management system to the billing systems.
- Working with the billing team to map the products in the orders to the billing entity, therefore ensure all the products selected are billed.
- Provide level of effort (LOE) to the client on the effort to materialize a requirement.
- Closely worked with the Business Teams and understand the client's requirements for effective delivery.
- Participated in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Assisted in entering and updating Issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) into JIRA Agile application.
- Developed new Product and product specifications in the Metasolv 6.2 and created new customized validations in Metasolv as per the business requirements.
- Performed Level-1, 2 and 3 functional decomposition of the system in collaboration with management, business stakeholders and technology.
- Designed wireframes in collaboration with Creative team and business users ensuring UX principles are followed.
- Developed use cases and workflows.
- Wrote Stored Procedures, Packages, and PL/SQL scripts to in corporate new validations and enhance existing provisioning logic.
- Worked on the Soap Service for the Service Request and WSDL deployment and perform request and invoke response from the WSDL through the database objects to interact with external applications.
- Creating DB jobs for automated web service call and work management processes.
- Created new, modify or disconnect orders (MACD) in the inventory management system based on the requirement.
- Created user stories and ensured developers understand the same and able to break them down to appropriate tasks.
- Have a very good understanding on network architecture and equipment configurations.
- Create and generate reports in internal reporting tools and also in SAP Business Objects .
- Handled errors using Exception Handling for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Involved in product testing in collaboration with QA team to ensure the final product conforms to the defined requirement and business need.
- Review test cases, test plans and test reports and also perform root cause analysis on the identified test bugs and provide suggestions to overcome them in future.
- Coordinated on the change management process, publishing the code in Production and worked on the deployment as per the Hour-by-Hour.
- Managing the support team, helping them understanding the process of handling tickets and guiding in taking corrective actions on the issues faced after the production release.
- Performed end-user training of new systems and its features.
Technical Business Analyst
- Worked on the Agile Methodology to perform migration of data from Legacy inventory to the target database.
- Participated in sprint planning meeting, Daily Scrum stand up call, Sprint review meetings.
- Pre-groom user stories & Creating Use cases by gathering requirements through facilitated meeting sessions with stakeholders and bring user stories to ready state
- Gathered requirements from Subject Matter Experts, Solution Architects and Technical Leads to create queries in compliance to need assessments done by the PMO.
- Conducted "As is" and "To Be" architecture & process & data flows using Business Process modeling tools such as MS Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Interacted with the business users in knowing the business views and gathered the reporting requirements to design the order management system.
- Responsible for the analysis and design of the data models, data mapping and migration.
- Worked on the migration scripts and performance tuning the scripts to speed up the data loading.
- Consolidation of different order types like PSR (Product Service Request), EWO (Engineering work Order) and ISR (Internal Service Request) from different instances to one instances.
- Migration of network inventory from different database, analyzing and consolidating the data.
- Working with the CA team on the POC and providing requirement for the Service Virtualization tool.
- Worked with Development and Quality Assurance teams on Release, Sprint, UAT Planning and conduct Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, and Daily Scrums
- Experienced on working with the tool to handle testing by bypassing the dependencies on certain servers and environments.
- Strong knowledge on the tool utilization and CA DevTest.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner on project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Tracked and reported all agile metrics using JIRA during a particular sprint.
- Managed product backlog within JIRA.
- Demonstrated the benefits and usage of DevTest tool to the team.
- Conducted training sessions to the team on using the DevTest/CA Service virtualization tool on projects.
- Prepared use cases for the Test Data Management to the CA team and worked with them to materializing the use cases in projects.
Business Analyst / Subject Matter Expert
- Conducted requirements gathering sessions with business in order to understand the functionality being requested and discuss about the operational procedures around the same
- Oversee all CSG projects from startup, through testing and implementation with a series of created diagnostics designed to uncover Potential failures during ordering process
- Conducted series of weekly conference calls to update regional teams with all areas of strengths and opportunities for growth
- Manipulated and maintained various addressable interfaces and all related software applications for CSG
- Lead Product Backlog Management, Story Prioritization, Requirements Traceability, Defect Resolution and Product Demonstration.
- Prepared process-flow diagrams for AS-IS and To-be process. Performs gap analysis between existing and To Be processes.
- Captured detailed functional and non-functional requirements and involved various stakeholders to review and validate for workflow tasks involved.
- Leading a team on creation of the FTTC, FTTP devices and circuits in the MARTENS OSS.
- Provisioning POTS, DSL circuits and troubleshooting on Marconi FITL/ONU devices.
- Migrating the circuits from a legacy system to the client’s OSS.
- Capturing the new resource models and aligning the same in templates.
- Quality Assurance and verification of the corrected devices and circuits.
- Collaborated successfully with downstream and upstream application teams ensuring seamless synergy, in an environment having complex interdependence in terms of functionality and timing dependency among multiple interfacing applications.
- Defining process/guidelines for error correction and maintaining the same in the repository.
- Trained, Mentored/Guided project associates
- Attended Root Cause Analysis meetings to identify the root cause for bugs and helped determine best use of development and testing resources for risk management.
- Generated reports of Amdocs Cramer database on the Network Inventory for Capacity availability.
- Worked on solution for new network implementation in Cramer IMS.
- Report generation and support in Oracle/SQL (Cramer) database.
- Operation support to user for the Issues faced.
- Categorized the issues as operational/CR.
- Report creation of the network resource utilization as per user requirement.
- Enhanced the functionality of the Cramer IMS for more user adoption.
- Added new customization and naming conventions.
- Lead for the upgradation of the versions.
- User Business Requirement and Solution Document sign off among users.
- Alignment of the plan of execution among vendor and client.
- Budget allocation and PO release.
- Experience in Business Process Management Implementation with System Integration in Amdocs Cramer.
- Milestone categorization and date allocation for the same.
- Aligned Vendor plan and User Requirement schedule in the same road.
- Crunched/elaborated the scope as User Requirement changes.
- Planning and routing traffic on the TCL optical backbone network comprising ECI, MARCONI, and TEJAS SDH Device family and in OSS.
- Carrying out weekly Team Meeting and feedback/improvement discussion.
- End to end provisioning of IPLC, NPLC (Private Leased lines) and DSL circuits on SONET/SDH optical network.
- Dealing with Operations, with respect to reports and data that have to match with the given specifications, adhering to Quality procedure, meeting the specified requirements at all stages in the process.
- End to End CLR creation in Inventory management.
- Working out Network augmentation plan/reliability plan implementation.
- Additional responsibilities include preparing Network Inventory Reports and mentoring juniors.
- Team Lead for monitoring the TDM circuits of Priority Customers.
- Act as customer's advocate and the primary point of escalation for all Tata operational activities, coordinating all network related activities between the Tata service assurance & Service Delivery teams globally.
- Performing segment-wise and round-robin test to identify the defective segment in the circuit using MTS (Maintenance Test Setup) and ANT-20.
- Resolution of service affecting problems on proactive or reactive basis.
- Proactive Performance monitoring/Alarm monitoring of circuits and carrying out RCA.
- Co-ordination with L2 support teams of service providers all over the world for service failure related issues.