- Eighteen years of Information Technology experience within the Healthcare, Airline, Marketing, Financial, Telecommunications, Accounting, and Retail fields.
- Experienced in expressing requirements through User Stories, storyboarding, process flow diagrams and more.
- Business Analysis expertise involving Systems/Application Analysis, Enterprise Data Warehousing, Quality Assurance, Process Re - engineering, Project Management, SDLC, Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Waterfall methodologies. Utilizing PMBOK, BABOK, and SBOK practices.
- Business Analysis & Planning
- Project Management & Scheduling
- Gathering & Translating Requirements
- Technical Specifications
- Software & Project Tracking
- Research & Development
- Implementation of Multi-Platform Environments
- Process Improvement
- QA Testing
- Overall Management of Project Activities
- Vendor Management
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Responsible for managing IT tasks for a financial services company that provides Life/Health Insurance and annuities products. Utilizing multiple methodologies (Agile/Waterfall/Iterative), based on project complexity.
- Assigned to medium/highly visible projects, addressing various solutions (SQL database, eCommerce, CRM, Mobile, Policy Administration). Responsible for managing projects from conception through post-implementation.
- As the IT POC, responsible for assessing the impact of system enhancements and Change Requests. Monitor progress of tasks and assist Business Customers with QA testing. Responsible for Stakeholder and Vendor Management.
- Utilizing JIRA/Confluence software for requirements, project/issue tracking and SharePoint for cross-team collaboration. Responsible for defect management: including reporting, tracking, resolution and communication, at all levels.
- Elicit and develop clear, traceable requirements using various business analysis techniques: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, epics, tasks and workflow analysis; Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details. Translate the business user stories into IT-level user stories.
- Facilitate Change Management meetings, to collaborate with developers, architects, subject matter experts, and other IT team members to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Utilize technical aptitude to review XML schemas and code changes, to expedite UAT approval.
- Developed/Approved/Executed detailed test plans for system validation, including front-end, API and backend validation.
- Elicited and created initial epics and user stories for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Developed/managed the Product Backlog of epics/features/user stories according to business value, throughout the release and sprint planning cycles. Facilitated Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospective meetings, when needed.
- Collaborated with Front End Web Developers, UI/Graphic Designers, UX Designers, and Product Mgmt on feature prioritization, design and implementation.
- Assist the Project Manager/Program Manager regarding resources needs, budget, risk management, QA testing and post-implementation support.
- Responsible for managing IT tasks for multiple Healthcare Clients on a major government mandated implementation, utilizing Iterative Development practices.
- As the IT POC, responsible for file creation, data updates, submittal of job requests to all impacted Development teams. Monitor progress of tasks and assist Business Customers with QA testing.
- Provided Production Support for Business Customers and Development, as post-implementation activities.
- Responsible for gathering, developing, coordinating and maintaining functional business requirements for an AS400/Java conversion project.
- Collaborated with Business SME’s to create the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Functional Specification documents (BRD, FRD).
- Provide detail understanding of data, data systems and source systems based on full reference to architecture documents.
IT Business Analyst
- Responsible for leading, gathering, developing, coordinating and maintaining business requirements for various eCommerce (customer-facing web) projects and the redesign of web and mobile applications, from initial phase to implementation in a multi-platform environment (.NET, WebSphere, iSeries, Java, COTS, AS400, Mainframe, Sabre), utilizing Agile practices.
- Acted as the liaison between Business Units, Vendors and IT to ensure all requirements were documented and maintained. Worked within an Offshore/Onshore model, while representing the PMO. Provided operational 24/7 on-call support for applications interfacing with the Passenger Services System and Flight Operating System.
- Developed business process diagrams to demonstrate “As-Is” and “To-Be” to model and examine multiple aspects of the enterprise system. Utilized iRise to create screen mockups and interface designs for impacted Business Units.
- Attended Scrum meetings to assist with IT efforts, Product Owners and QA testing.
- Created a Story Map to effectively manage the Road Map and Backlog. Identified and assessed dependencies within iterations and releases to manage changing requirements.
- Tested User Stories to obtain approval. Provided Product Owners status of scheduled Sprints.
- Acted as the liaison between Business Units, Vendors and IT to ensure all requirements were documented and maintained. Worked within an Offshore/Onshore model, while representing the PMO. Assigned to enterprise projects (Reservations, Loyalty, Customer Service, Flight Operations).
- Developed User Stories to assist the Product Owner with the management of the product backlog.