- 5+ years of experience with a blend of technical, business, and system skills focused on leveraging and optimizing the IT value to achieve the strategic business objectives.
- Actively involved in business requirements gathering and analysis, database mining, analysis, design, development, maintenance, testing, and support of large - scale n-tier enterprise applications using MS SQL Server that includes SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Performance Tuning, troubleshooting, and database back up, and Oracle 11g/10g (SQL/PLSQL Technologies). Well versed in both Server-side and Client-side programming.
- Hands-on experience in performing Gap Analysis, current state (as-is) & future state (to-be) business process analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Integration Testing.
- Strong knowledge in Project Management (triple constraints, all six process groups, project planning and scheduling, WBS, Dealing with individual differences), Incident management, Change Management, and Risk management life cycles.
- Capable of creating ETL packages using SSIS to extract, transform, validate, and load the data from/to Data warehouses, CSV files, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Proficient in writing PL/SQL and T-SQL scripts to create Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Cursors, Database Triggers, and Views.
- Excellent knowledge in creating and scheduling various reports according to business needs using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proven experience in using Core Java concepts such as Object-Oriented Programming, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, Collections, and IO.
- Motivated team player with the ability to work under minimal supervision possessing strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
Programming Language: Java (JSE), C, PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL, UNIX (bash)
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS Visual Studio, TOAD, SQL+, MS Office Suite (Visio, Project), Eclipse IDE, NetBeans IDE, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
Business Analyst Intern (MSBI)
- Analyzed business requirements and designed the database by adhering to the best practices in creating a complete schema
- Created vision, scope, and use case documents; business flow diagrams, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, network diagrams, and sequence diagrams based on the functional requirements using MS Visio
- Created stored procedures, triggers, views, and indexes using T-SQL
- Involved in loading the data from various sources into SQL Server database using SSIS packages and created data mappings using MS Visual Studio
- Ensured new business solutions are in alignment with strategic objectives and technical standards, working closely with business, IT, and strategy groups
- Defined data requirements and report layouts for the business to review. Created test cases and scripts based on requirements
- Created and deployed SSIS packages to export the data from SQL server to Excel sheets and vice versa
- Prepared Unit Test cases to perform the testing for client-end applications
- Created, formalized and documented procedures for daily support and maintenance tasks
- Designed and implemented Data Integration and ETL processes with SSIS packages to make data available for reporting purpose within a data warehouse
- Created, authored, deployed, and managed various report using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) as per the business needs.
- Involved in the creation and deployment of the reports using SSRS, configuring the SQL Server Reporting Server
- Involved in analyzing the root cause of production defects and fixed different hierarchies of defects.
- Reviewed project scope statements, performed gap analysis, and adjusted the project planning documents (added new milestones in WBS)
- Prepared WBS and Gantt charts for project planning and scheduling.
- Resolved the action items by taking the ownership and reporting the status of them using status report standards.
Business Analyst/ Application Production Support analyst
- Involved in bug fixing, troubleshooting, requirement analysis, testing, application maintenance, and production support.
- Streamlined business processes and Provided exemplary 24x7 support by utilizing advanced troubleshooting skills to ensure efficient resolution to application outages and production impacting issues
- Maintained 100% respond and resolve SLAs for all the incidents by adhering to standard procedures and practices
- Involved in setting up the different user roles & groups, and maintained authentication to the application using Oracle SQL scripts in TOAD and SQL plus.
- Dealt with business processes and Updated Project documents by requirements gathering, and analysis.
- Wrote Shell Scripts in automating deployment scripts and other batch jobs on UNIX environment.
- Analyzed logs and errors in troubleshooting the production issues
- Developed four Application Appreciation Documents that include the best practices and resolutions for 30 frequently occurring issues for smooth transition among team members
- Proposed five service improvement plans (SIP) and 3 automated solutions for the R&D support to reduce the incident count by 20% and to automate the maintenance activities that reduce the efforts by 12%
- Conducted bi-weekly audits and improved Quality Assurance of deliverable by 42% in offshore team
- Resolved 120 critical production support issues by coordinating with cross-functional teams and escalated them when necessary
BI/ SQL Developer
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements to identify suitable existing solutions , to fully define the scope of new implementations, and to prevent the implementation of redundant solutions
- Analyzed architecture and technical requirements for both vendor and custom solutions
- Performed Gap Analysis, current state (as-is) & future state (to-be) business process analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Integration Testing
- Architected new data model for Oracle database, normalized the database, and optimized for application requirements
- Extensively implemented T-SQL standards and best practices using joins, DDL , and DML statements
- Automated reporting for approval process by cutting down the average approval wait period by 50%
- Created database schema objects such as joins, indexes, views, stored procedures, and correlated subqueries.
- Developed and created ETL Packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to import or export the data from Data warehouses, and excel spread sheets in BIDS and SQL server management studio.
- Created various reports as per the business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Software Developer Intern
- Designed and developed front-end web pages using Java Object-Oriented Programming concepts like Polymorphism, Multiple-inheritance, Interfaces, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, Collections, and IO.
- Created functions, Stored Procedures, and Triggers for database transactions using PL/SQL
- Extensively implemented SQL scripts for batch transactions using DDL, DML, and DCL statements
- Developed and designed UI for a database of customer’s health and webpages for secure logins
- Responsible for preparing the DFDs, use cases and for designing and developing object models, and class diagrams
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant
- Graded 300 student’s performances and interpreted the results on to dashboard and spreadsheets
- Maintained CMIS server by performing regular audit checks and prepared the reports on server health
- Mentored 90 members on SQL, Java, and Project Management classes
- Monitored and customized SIUE CMIS Web User Interface using HTML and CSS
- Created and maintained Apache Tomcat server profiles for 80 students using FileZilla and PuTTy