- Around Nine years of Total Industry experience as a Business Analysis project Management,Business Process Optimization, Business finance, System Analysis, Development, Testing and Implementation
- Professional experience of all the phases and methodologies of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Waterfall - Scrum Methodologies.
- Experienced in creating High Level and Low level design documentations
- Experienced in conducting GAP, Impact, SWOT, Cost-benefit, Feasibility, Risk analysis.
- Proficient in leading Requirements Gathering process via different elicitation techniques such as client interviewing, requirements workshops, Interface Analysis, prototyping, survey/Questionnaire, focus groups, and document analysis.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for deriving functional/nonfunctional requirements.
- Extensive experience in creating artifacts like Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), creating Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and GUI Mockup Screens.
- Extensive knowledge in using SQL queries for backend database analysis.
- Hands-on experience in Data warehousing, modeling and ETL projects and working as Lead Business Analyst in Agile methodology and Devops.
- Outstanding experience in retrieving the data by writing simple/ complex SQL Queries and using SQL, PL/SQL, Indexes, Functions, Procedures, Triggers and Cursors.
- Involved in backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries. Good knowledge of writing and modifying UNIX scripts.
- Worked on Banking, Insurance, Telecom and Healthcare projects
- Excellent knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) transaction codes such as 270/271 (inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277 (claim status), 470 (benefit codes), 835 (payment or remittance advice), 837 (health care claim) and 834 (benefit enrollment).
- Well versed with HIPAA, claim adjustments, claim processing from point of entry to finalizing, claim review, identifying claims processing problems, their source and providing corresponding solutions
- Involved in Data /dimensional Modeling, Data Extraction/ Transformation/ Loading (ETL) and Data mapping.
- Extensively interacted with the designers, developers to ensure functional implementation of business requirements and QA team in executing Test Plans & Test case scenarios.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, facilitation, and documentation skills along with good process management skills to gather requirements.
- Proven track record in producing high quality work under tight schedules and in multi-tasking to meet business goals.
ETL Tools: Informatica, Teradata, HADOOP
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008.2012, IBM DB2, Teradata, MS Access 2000
Business Intelligence Reporting Tools: Business Objects 6.5/6.0/5.1/4.1 (Web-Intelligence 2.5, Designer 5.0, and Developer Suite & Set Analyzer 2.0)
Data WareHousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Query/Reporting, Multidimensional Analysis, Data Mining, Slicing/dicing, Drill Down/Roll Up
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, Unix Shell Scripting
Tools: MS Project 2013, Quality Center, Toad, WinSCP, SQL Developer, Quality Center 9.1, Putty, MS Project, Rational Rose, Power Designer 16.5, Accurev, GitHub, Denodo
Sr.Business Systems Analyst/SDAT
Confidential - Seattle, WA
- Implemented the project using Agile Scrum methodology and analyzed the detailed business case to Interpret user requirements liaison between users and developers to build/enhance systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements
- Lead the decomposition of high-level business and user requirements into functional and Technical User Stories through interviews, JAD sessions for the technical team.
- Groomed user stories to review with business, project team and obtained agreement from all decision makers on the strategic and tactical direction of the initiative
- Lead and facilitated system scoping and requirements gathering sessions with Product Owners to build requirements log (product backlog) with cost estimates and priority.
- Worked with Scrum Master in estimating the complexity of user story by using techniques like planning poker and T-shirt sizing with scrum team. Used RALLY to plan the user story, add Tasks, Test Cases, Dependencies, and Acceptance Criteria to track the sprint
- Developed and presented SCRUM reports and artifacts to include; Velocity Charts, Burn-down Charts, and Demonstration presentations.
- Incorporated new processes like User Story Driven Development to improve quality of the report
- Understood the compliance norms, regulations and legal obligations that will help build an effective module using CIS Review. Classified data to input to the HDP team to add access control policies in Ranger.
- Experienced in Querying on ORACLE SQL DEVELOPER using SQL to access databases
- Experienced in creating SSA mapping Document using MS EXCEL by collecting information from Functional Analyst and feed Data Modeler according to his requirements.
- Professional in creating Source to Target Mapping Document using MS EXCEL by taking input from SSA Document and feed Hadoop Developers
- Experienced in writing BTEQ Scripts using Note Plus, and creating Teradata DDL's and tables in Teradata Database using Teradata SQL Assistant
- Prepared Test Cases, Test Plans and Test Exit Report that is given to App Supporter to deploy the code to production
- Scheduled and reviewed the Test Plan with individual Project Teams.
- Prepared Test Cases with Test Scripts and log the same in QC. Mapped the Test Cases to respective Requirements in order to ensure end-to-end traceability.
- Involved in creating SIS document, Control-M document, Run-Book for each sprint
- Worked on deploying the code in IDW environment following the SIS document using Jenkins, Validating the deployed code for the accuracy and Raised defects for the failed deployments and assigned that to developer.
- Preping the identified environment making sure that all the connections are working and the existing code base is in sync with Prod.
- Performed data loads as requested by testers, Worked on data copies from Prod and Moved code packages from QAT to Pre-Prod after QAT is completed.
- Execute the Test Cases prepared and track the execution per iteration in Test Lab section.
- Logged the defects identified during executions in QC and follow the Defect Lifecycle which includes triaging the defect, providing a warm handoff.
- Worked with the Source system teams to ensure data availability for specific downstream scenarios.
- Performed Data Mockups in cases where Source system data is not available.
- Worked with Hadoop developers in validating data using SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting in PUTTY and HUE
- Experienced in performing UNIT TESTING at pre-preparation, Preparation, Staging and at Dispatch of the code
- Worked on GITHUB, ACCUREV, POWER DESIGNER, DENODO, WYNSCP, MS SHAREPOINT
Environment: AGILE Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid Methodology, RALLY, Oracle SQL, MY SQL, Teradata SQL, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Word, Note Plus, Hadoop, GITHUB, PUTTY, WYNSCP, Teradata, Denodo, Power Designer, Accurev, HP quality center, SharePoint, Jenkins
Senior Business Analyst / Project Coordinator
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Gather and manage Business/ Stakeholder/ functional requirements through the complete SDLC, using waterfall/ SDLC methodology.
- Involved in defining the whole project life cycle, following RUP methodology. Developed a vision plan that defined the primary goals and objectives of the project. Analyze business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level.
- Assisted Project Manager in developing design and specification, according to the requirement and information gathered during JAD sessions and other forms of information gathering methods.
- Created and maintained Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Conduct in-person/ online interview sessions with various stake holders to solicit their vision/ requirements about the opportunity/ initiative at hand.
- Capitalize on opportunities to maximize the benefits/ project outcomes by discovering unexpressed requirements.
- Document the agreed upon requirements as Business requirements and functional requirements for the to-be system.
- Analyzing the internal and external processes, dependencies, SOPs, interfaces, and, mapping them to specific business needs, objectives and desired functionalities.
- Creating detailed and clear Documentation of desired enhancements to ensure accurate mapping and integration with different dependent systems, both internal and external, to Business processes to achieve maximum efficiency to allow maximum automation and great user experience for both, external, as well as internal users.
- Accurately document the As-is business processes to facilitate analysis, comparison, and mapping with desired to-be solutions, duly capturing the Gaps, by creating the to-be Process flow diagrams, data-flows and Use Cases.
- Analyze and document the existing systems’ architecture to facilitate an accurate assessment of dependencies between different applications, databases, and impacted functionalities.
- Manage project documentation/ versioning using MS SharePoint.
- Collaborate with the Allstate Technology Program Management Office, Program/ Project Managers and Business Stakeholders for time/ effort estimations, project time lines, deliverables, and project landmarks.
- Manage client Change requests in light of newly desired functionalities.
- Prepared Low level designs that are used to develop data mappings.
- Extensively involved in ETL code using Business Objects tool in order to meet requirements for extract, cleansing, transformation and loading of data from source to target data structures.
- Determining Interface requirement for source and target systems.
- Facilitate sessions between technical and regulatory teems for meeting requirements as well as solving problems on a daily basis.
- Defined, developed and implemented quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans for user acceptance testing and other QA assessments.
Confidential, Parsipanny NJ
- Implemented the SDLC for the developing life cycle and followed the standards process in the application.
- Translated business requirements into functional requirements and approaches for developers.
- Provided management support to the off-shore End to End integration/ Regression Test Team.
- Workflow documentation and comprehensive training to the healthcare clients.
- Analyzed corporate healthcare business processes to develop customized solutions.
- Working with Medicare operational management to monitor, trend and report on operational metrics such as timeliness, workload, and staff trending, customer satisfaction, and other key measures to facilitate performance excellence.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system flows, user administration and requirements.
- Responsible for the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing for processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Responsible for gap analysis in changing old MMIS and Involved in testing new MMIS.
- Analyzed HIPAA 5010 related to 837,835, 834. Transactions and performed gap analysis between the 4010 and 5010.
- Used RequisitePro for writing/analyzing project vision, goals, specifications and requirements.
- Conduced Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and walk in interview with the business users to gather requirements.
- Worked with the management for improving and giving new ideas for designing future processes of the HIPPA transactions dealing out with EDI’S 271, 276 and 270, 470, 835, 837, 834, HIPAA 4010, 5010, claim adjustments, claim processing from point of entry to finalizing, claim review, identifying claims processing problems, their source and providing alternative solutions using best practice model and principles.
- Created Use Cases diagram and Activity diagram to depict the interaction between the various actors and the system in Rational Rose for the Business Use Case and System Use Case.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Developed the business anomalies workarounds and described them in documentation and presented the matter to the upper management for review.
- Developed non-functional requirements and documented them as Business Rules, Quality attributes and constraint documents.
- Interacted with database developers for formulating the ER diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Responsible for GAP analysis of ICD9-ICD10.
- Held regular JAD meetings with the system architects, developers, database developers, quality testers during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- Worked with QA lead in validating Test Plan and Test Scenarios.
- Used HP Quality Center for tracking Defects and tracing requirement functionality performances.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individuals for resolution.
- Assisted Business User during deployment in formulating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for customized application and getting confirmation for product Release
- Review of high-level design document and low level design of classes and sequence diagrams.
- Ensuring that deliverables were delivered on time as scheduled.
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Coordinated activities between the business house and technical staff, in developing new methods, policies, and procedures to meet the business needs, and has acted as the primary trainer in educating the business house stakeholders as it relates to automated business applications.
- Gathering data information from multiple sources using analytical techniques; and presenting data that visually communicates to users important aspects of the data to optimize the flow of information to support key business functions.
- Interacted with department heads to finalize business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements and also created Business process model.
- Facilitated JRP sessions between technical and regulatory teams for meeting requirements as well as solving problems on a daily basis.
- Involved in creation and reviewing of Functional Specifications and created a Functional Requirement Document.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro to improve the communication of project goals, enhance collaborative development, reduce project risk and increase the quality of application before deployment.
- Created and maintained Narrative Use Cases (Business Use Cases, System Use Cases) and modeled Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams using MSVisio.
- Followed the adaptive RUP framework for the whole Project life cycle.
- Fine-tuned search engines and pulled data from different databases and migrated data back and forth using SQL.
- Involved with the QA team to conceptualize, determine and develop test approaches and methods for unit testing, integration and functional testing, load and usability testing according to the applicationcomplexityandtestrequirements.
Environment: PL/SQL, MSOffice 2007, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, QualityCenter, Windows XP/2000, Oracle9i.
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzed change request (CR) as per requests from team track/BMC remedy.
- Gathered the Business Requirements from the Stakeholders.
- Created the Functional Requirements Documents.
- Assisted the Project Manager in Project Planning and Work Breakdown Structure.
- Conducted brainstorming sessions with Project focus Groups.
- Prepared Feasibility analysis for automation of the report and inclusion into the Dashboard.
- Stored and modified requirements in MS - Word.
- Documented business requirements with wireframes and mockups to explain in detail the business implications and impacts.
- Worked on various Payments and Collection application ( Corporate Banking).
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams in Enterprise Architect.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and Business Requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Analyzed various resource files being used to generate the report and documented data mapping and data source interface documents to assist the development team.
- Worked with the Business Objects developers to provide input for generating automated and ad-hoc Business Objects reports.
- Used SQL for querying and analysis purposes on various source tables and conditions applied.
- Helped the testing team in creating the test plans and test scripts.
- Created the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Assisted Testing Team in System and Unit Testing.
- Assisted the users in UAT testing by providing test scenarios and test data.
- Assigned problems to appropriate software development team for fixes.
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis.
- Created needs assessment survey to understand the requirements of the end users.
- Analyzed and presented results of the survey to the business team and the developers.
- Performed feasibility studies to check the compatibility of new system with various interfaces.
- Prepared the Business requirement document (BRD ) and system requirement document.
- Documented Functional Requirements for the defects and enhancements, and got approval from business for the developers.
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations.
- Created workflow diagrams, UML diagrams, use cases, swim lanes, process flow, and reviewed Test cases, Test Plans and Test Scripts .
- Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions, JRP (Joint Requirement Planning) Sessions , workshops and requirement elicitation sessions with the Business Stakeholders, Subject Matter Expert's, IT Groups and reporting related Business Requirements prior to formulating new policies.
- Developed Test Plan and Test cases to perform UAT test with the end user.
- Assisted with data training to ensure that the end users fully understand all the components of the system.