- Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience across global industry in requirements gathering and analysis, business process flow, in multi - national and multi-vendor environments.
- Domain knowledge of Accounting Principles and Acts (GAAP & SOX), Capital Budgeting, Equities, Fixed Income, Mortgage - backed securities (MBS), Asset - Backed Securities (ABS), Basel II, Basel III, VaR and Stress Testing, Derivatives (Options, Futures, Forwards, Swaps), KYC, AML, EWS, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risks, Commodities, Money Markets, Prime brokerage Services
- Highly articulate, confident and persuasive team-builder, able to motivate and communicate to achieve goal.
- Extensive experience in Banking and Financial Services Industry group including Credit Cards Processing and Investment Banking.
- Experience working as a Datawarehousing Developer and was responsible for core application development using Cognos, ETL, Informatica, Oracle Products.
- Experience with ETL tool Informatica Power Center /Power Mart 9x/8x/7x/6x/5x/4x, Power Exchange 8.6.1/8.1/8.0 in designing and developing complex Mappings, Mapplets, Transformations, Workflows, Worklets, Configuring the Informatica Server and scheduling the Workflows and sessions.
- Experience includes PeopleSoft Finance and Supply Chain modules (FSCM)/(SCM)/(HR/HRMS) like GL, INV, OM, BI, AR, AP, Purchase Order, Treasury, Fixed Asset, Job Cost, e-procurement, Purchasing, Cash Management, SCM, Commitment Control, Allocations, Asset Management, Project Costing and PeopleSoft HRMS modules like HR, Benefits.
- Deep understanding of House Methodologies like Rules-Based, Stress Tests, Risk Based Haircuts (RBH) used in Prime Brokerage services.
- Worked in all stages of SDLC starting from Requirement gathering phase till Production Support.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document BRD, Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications FRS, Software Design Specification SDS, Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software External Specifications SES, Software Requirement Document(SRD), Data Dictionary, Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Activity diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Experiences in Investment Banking projects specialized in Securities Trading (stock trading, fixed income trading, and derivatives trading), Securities Lending, wealth management and risk management.
- Full understanding of Rational Unified Process (RUP) using Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Object Modeling Technique (OMT).
- Knowledge of Customer Segmentation, Portfolio Analysis/Management, FDR processes and FICO Score generation.
- Special expertise in Data Requirement Analysis, Design, Development of ETL process using IBM Datastage 8.X/7.x/6.x/5.x (Info Sphere Information Server, Web Sphere, Ascential Datastage) Datastage Designer, Datastage Director, Datastage Administrator, Parallel Extender/Orchestrate.
- Strong skill set includes project management, business analysis, as well as report and ETL development. Knowledgeable in the data warehouse life cycle.
- Proficient in T-SQL, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSRS, SSIS, SharePoint, Tableau, Team Foundation Server, Google Analytics and SAP Crystal Solutions (Excelsius).
- Solid knowledge& experience with integration of FI/CO with other SAP modules.
- Experience in Scrum Process and thorough understanding of Extreme Programming (Software Development Methodology and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Experience in ISO 9000 Documentation.
- Basic understanding of Business architecture Zachman and POLDAT frameworks and Service-oriented Architecture SOA .
- Experience in PeopleSoft HRMS technology includes conversion, development, and SQR report, interfaceand People code, People Tools (V8.xx), Crystal/Query.
- Developed ANT scripts for the build and deployment of J2EE applications.
- Used Sharepoint Portal and Documentum Web Publisher.
- Exposure to SAP Finance (FI) module.
- Experience in Competitive Analysis, Data Analysis, Gap Analysis and understanding of ROI Analysis, P&L Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Experience in creating the process flow diagrams depicting “AS-IS” and “To-Be” state.
- Possess end to end Project Life Cycle experience - Right from pre discovery phase to roll out.
- Excellent communication skills required to successfully deliver in a business analyst role.
- Excellent people management skills, and is a good listener, Managed over 10 direct reports on various projects.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation & inter-personal skills with demonstrated relationship management abilities.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac and Linux
ETL Tools: I nformatica Informatica, Datastage, Informatica MDM, Teradata and SAP HANA,Live Office, Analytics, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, XML Notepad
Data Modeling: Physical Modeling, Logical Modeling, Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, FACT, Dimensions), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams
Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Reporting Tools: SAS, Cognos, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Cognos Report Studio Cognos Query Studio, Cognos Powerplay Web Cognos Workspace
Scheduling Tools: Autosys
QA Automation Tools: QTP, Load Runner, HP Quality Center
GUI: Business Objects XI, R2/R3/R4 Development, BO Universes, IDT, BO Desktop, Web Intelligence all versions, BO Dashboards, SAP Explorer, and SAP Explorer Infospaces.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Key components of project include CRM & Analytics (new implementation of Siebel), CRM Migration.
- Created the data mapping documents.
- SME for evaluating vendor provided configurations and technical deliverables on the Calypso platform to ensure they meet business needs.
- Closely coordinated with the PMO team to create milestones and timelines for deliverables on a weekly basis and detect and report Risks and Issues.
- Worked on Securing WebSphere Portal with LDAP and DB2, WebSphere with LDAP.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWork Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Developed reports for the prime brokerage group including market risk reports, credit risk reports.
- Gathered and documented the requirements for including Trading Book Products for another entity absorbed by Merrill Lynch as part of the Basel II Reporting.
- Credit Derivative technology and Business Intelligence departments. Worked with business line users, technologists, risk managers, product controllers to demise and then implement large scale Fixed Income Bond Pricing system.
- Used Datastage as an ETL to extract data from sources like flat files and DB2 and loaded to target DB2 UDB.
- Developed mappings using Informatica Power Center to load data from various source systems to target database and using B2B Data Transformation Studio.
- Managed a global team of developers (11+ offshore) for global risk and pricing system detailing specifications, scope and communicate requirements and status of trading, risk management and systems initiatives to Sr. Management, IT and the business
- Built out a state of the art data front end trading system and data warehouse, bond pricing, and analytic engine for Fixed Income and credit derivatives and feed to GL.
- This included process analysis and data analysis using SQL and Excel involving the product attributes of Broker Dealer products like Delayed Delivery, When Issued and To Be Announced (TBA), Fixed Income products and OTC Derivatives like Interest Rate Swaps, Equity Index Swap Flow and Forward Rate Agreements (FRA) and Bond Options and Securities Lending Products determining the data required for Risk and Capital calculations along with the Business and creating a Business / functional requirements document as a deliverable.
- Prepared process flow diagrams depicting “AS-IS” and “To-Be” state.
- Business Analyst in their Investment Banking PMO Group. Participate in Clearing and Dodd-Frank Initiatives and coordinate PMO functions for UAT upgrade to Calypso.
- Ensure compliance regulations are maintained during all customer interactions through carrying quality monitoring using CRM tools.
- Customize and extend the Oracle E-Business Suite using flex fields, Forms Personalization, Oracle 10g PL/SQL and SQL*Plus scripts.
- Developed and implemented Basel III reporting requirements for BOLI accounts including the Advanced Approach and Alternative Modified Approach for risk weighting
- Designed new Business Intelligence (BI) system using Oracle Discoverer 10g to provide reporting under Oracle Applications.
- Configured Informatica MDM hub on Weblogic application server.
- Used ERwin 4.0 to capture data by creating Entity-Relationship and use Case diagrams.
- Responsible for all functions of the CS Innovation Business Intelligence and Analytics team.
- Worked with J2EE and J2SE technologies including JSP's, Servlets, Java WebStartand EJBs& Weblogic.
- Worked as a team with ETL Developers and Process Analysts in preparing the requirements, and writing work flows, process flows.
- Documented all the artifacts in Microsoft SharePoint for version controlling and common point accessibility purpose.
- Led the in-house timekeeping system integration testing for release 2 of PeopleSoft My HR project, which involved converting the timekeeping and payroll systems.
- End-user support and training for Office 365 client.
- Administered and maintained Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Guided testing team activities involving Algorithmic Trading (DSA) Smart Order Routing & Execution, Order Management, Trading Engines/Crossing Networks, Indication of Interest/Trade Advertisement flow, Booking and reporting.
- Performed requirements modeling and develop analysis diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams, data models, and use-case realizations using RUP tools in Agile.
- Closely involved in planning and execution of all the testing phases including UAT (onsite), proactively performed thorough reviews of System/UAT test-cases and data-sets.
- Partner with Functional/Development leads to ensure timely delivery against project schedules.
- Worked as a Test manager to design and implement the Test Framework and Test strategy. Coordinate SIT and UAT Testing.
Environment: Oracle PeopleSoft 9.2, PeopleSoft Expense, MS Visio, ERWIN, Informatica MDM 9.1, Rational Requisite Pro, HP Quality Center, QTP, Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Visual Source Safe, Test Director 7.6, Quick Test Pro (QTP).
Senior IT Business Analyst
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
- Involved at various stages of SDLC from concept through development, testing and production.
- Responsible for defining scope and objectives for new functionality & enhancement to implement business strategies.
- Validated design and system change requests with the business, corresponding to changing risk severity and impact.
- As a Senior Analyst, created project schedules, conducting task identification and management, milestone tracking, resource allocation using MS Project. Completing Project Status Reports & participated in PMO meetings to update senior management and other stakeholders on the progress, issues and deliverables of the project.
- Completed Project Status Reports & led PMO meetings to update senior management and other stakeholders on the progress, issues and deliverables of the project.
- Conducted data mapping & data modeling activities to map products (Equity, Bonds, Loans, etc.) with the existing processes.
- Worked with the Release Management, PMO, Executive Management, along with managers/staff in Development, ETT, UAT, Core Business and other areas, to plan, deliver, and track testing progress.
- Create SharePoint work space to manage project, work break down items, prioritization lists, business requirement documents, and manage tasks.
- Coordinate closely with traders, middle office, data and technical operations support, various application development teams to report and communicate the execution status back to the business and senior management.
- Record and distribute information electronically to support credit, securities lending, and derivative trading for the global firm.
- Gathered requirements from the business for the components like Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure at Default (EAD) and Counterparty Charge component of the Basel III Compliance Guidelines for various financial products like Repos, Reverse repos, Securities Lending and Borrowing
- Use TOAD to run SQL and PL/SQL code to manipulate the databases.
- Responsible for System Upgrade from version 7.1.6 to 11.1.2 (Latest Version) of Hyperion DBA.
- Bill functioned as the PeopleSoft Time and Labor subject matter expert on a new PeopleSoft 8.9 Time and Labor implementation.
- Communicate with customers and managers of other departments to define business intelligence requirements and then lead initiatives to deliver solutions accordingly.
- Collaborated with engineers to improve Calypso fixed income calculation functionality to match with industry standard software such as Bloomberg.
- Systematically gained knowledge on the business process being followed in the project environment.
- Optimize business requirements from as-is state documentation, SOPs, interviews with key stakeholders. Current clean in process has resulted in new enhancements to improve productivity and reduce future instruments with invalid reference data.
- Actively involved in migration of Informatica powercenter from Version 8.6.1 to 9.5.1.
- Provide secondary support to PeopleSoft Asset Management, General Ledger and SCM.
- Prepared technical design documents for Prime Brokerage Reporting. Developed, tested and implemented Transaction Activity using SQL scripting.
- Assured that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate AGILE Policies and guidelines.
- Manage Sharepoint site and document (functional & technical) source to target mappings, process flows, procedures and business requirements.
- Developed and maintained Business Requirement Documents (BRD) & Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Working as liaison between business and IT with focus on residential mortgage loan programs (HAMP, CHAMP, DOJ)
- Collaborated with senior management on the development and implementation of special DOJ projects related with compliance.
- Participated in database design and worked with SQL / Oracle queries for change control and compliance audit reports/applications.
- Added functionality and enhanced reporting features by writing, modifying and testing SQL/Oracle queries.
- Responsible for driving Legal & Compliance projects from initiation through implementation following strict schedules.
- Collaborated with senior management on the development and implementation of special IT related projects for the Risk Initiatives group.
- Working with Quality Assurance teams to ensure all technical and functional requirements are thoroughly tested.
- Involved in gathering requirements by discussing GAPS of the current and future state of the system.
- Extensively work on Share Point for different projects, updated documents and grant access to other users.
- Assisted project teams in preparing UI design and data flow diagram using Visio, MS Power point
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SSIS 2012, DTS, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2012, Share point, SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD, Informatica Powercenter 9.5.1,PO tools, Oracle SQL Developer, Peoplesoft FSCM, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Azure, CRM Web Services, Agile/Scrum, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft access.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Intake Specialist for the Team to review and assign work items across the team based on the resources' skill set and workload.
- Audit Handling
- Internal SAS 70.
- Ensure the integrity of Schedule A, Schedule C, and statements, which are presented to clients for 5500 packages.
- Proactively researched and analyze reconciling reports as well as identify money owed to the company.
- Conduct, calculate, validate, and approve transfers from separate accounts to general accounts to cover for expenses.
- Production Support
- Provide high level of support to the IT Team and other teams; includes running queries using SQL for payment reports.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from Oracle database, XML files, and flat files to Oracle.
- Process change requests, conduct root cause analyses to resolve all issues during the reconciliation process, and identify risk factors that impede report delivery.
- Intermediate medium for business and information technology team.
- Act as business intelligence point of contact internal staff and external clients
- Work with business team on conducting project requirements, business specifications, and creating business cases.
- Automation Initiative for Manual Statements (2009): Spearheaded efforts to increase productivity by automating statements for clients. Led the business team of 3 to automate 11 clients’ statements over the course of 2 years resulting in annual savings of over $90,000. Involved throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) but heavily involved with the creation of the Charter, including ROI savings, and Requirements during the Inception phase while providing testing support during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase.
- Lump sum payments project: Annual Project to reconciliation yearly lump sum payments. Calculate expenses for these payments and input them in our expense system.
- 408 (b) (2) project (2011): Initiated building on UAT documents.
- Schedule D project (2012): Assisted building specs on the project for additional forms added to the annual 5500 reporting. Built UAT documents.
- Reconciliation of Discontinued IPGS (2010/2011): Balanced transactions/payments between two systems and financial books.
- IPG Implication (2010): Assisted building specs on the project for improvements needed on current systems. Built UAT documents.
- Schedule C project (2009): Assisted building specs on the project for additional forms added to the annual 5500 reporting. Built UAT documents.
- IPG Product Enhancements (2008): Assisted building specs on the project for improvements needed on current systems. Built UAT documents.
- GPAY/PACs Reconciliation (2007): Balanced transactions/payments between two systems.
- Conducted journal entries and system transactions to stay reconciled with financial statements.
- Charged with gathering management's informational requirements, developing the appropriate Cognos Business Intelligence reporting infrastructure, providing analysis and furthering the conversion of the company's raw data into actionable intelligence for the leading title insurance underwriter whose annual revenues exceed $7.2 billion.
- Furthermore, act in the capacity of a Team Lead and Supervisor backup. Lead regular meetings with teams and discuss concerns with Supervisor and Manager.
- Created Teradata External loader connections such as MLoad, Upsert and Update, Fastload while loading data into the target tables in Teradata Database.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for general business and data issues.
- Train and mentor team members in daily job responsibilities.
Environment: MS VISIO 2007/2010, MS OFFICE suite, MS Project Management, Microsoft SharePoint,Informatica 8.0.1, Enterprise Architect, HTML,Oracle 10i, SQL server 2005/2008, Quality Center.
Oracle Business System Analyst
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Packages and used SQL loader to load data into the database.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings to load data from Source systems.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer.
- Peoplesoft Queries for Finance Users Redesigning and TEST existing flow of data from PO>AP>AM and made recommendations for the changes in business rules. Coordinate with Development and SYS admin teams writing functional specifications.
- Good experience in working as coordinator to offshore team from Onshore under ETL, Datastage, UNIX and Oracle environment.
- Involved in migrating warehouse database from Oracle 9i to 10g database.
- Involved in analyzing and adding new features of Oracle 10g like DBMS SHEDULER, Create Directory, Data pump, CONNECT BY ROOT in existing Oracle 9i application.
- Worked with Prime Brokerage on development of margin methodologies for Derivatives, FX and Treasuries
- Testing the test pass- 8.4 to 9.0 and 9.0 to 9.1 writing test cases using PTF (Peoplesoft Testing Framework) Training users on new features and preparing training documents working on feature enhancements Documentation of all the phases of the Project.
- Tuned Report performance by exploiting the Oracle's new built-in functions and rewriting SQL statements.
- Extensively used Erwin for data modeling and Dimensional Data Modeling by ERWIN.
- Used EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF to tune SQL queries.
- Developed BO full client Reports, Web intelligence report in 6.5 and XI R2 and universes with context and loops.
- Migrated Reports from 6.5 thick client (desktop Intelligence report) to XI r2 Thin Client (Web Intelligence Report) through Report Conversion Tool (RPT) and Import wizard.
- Maintained CMS with various repositories for security, Managing Objects, Server and Audits.
- Implemented new concept of manage access restriction in universe on the existing application by which 1550 reports are reduced to less than 200 reports.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Informatica Powercenter, Oracle Db, PL/SQL, ER-WIN, Toad.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
- Working as an Analyst on BI (Business Intelligence) Applications and custom implementation project at Hillsborough County, Tampa, aimed at achieving reduced spending through greater operational efficiency.
- Translating the client's business reporting requirements for configuring, testing and setting up BI applications and custom analytical reporting solutions.
- Assembling the data source requirements for designing the OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) system using data from source systems from OLTP (Online Transaction Processing) system using dimensional modeling techniques.
- Create and furnish business intelligence reports to agency executives, managers, staff and outside entities to allow for performance based assessments of progression towards goals and objectives
- Testing the BI Publisher web reporting solution to enable ad hoc reporting capabilities for executive decision makers.
- Preparing and testing the training material for conducting the OBIEE and BI Publisher hands-on installation and configuration sessions for power users.
Environment: OBIEE 11g, Oracle SQL developer, SQL Plus, UPK (User Productivity Kit) Developer. DAC (Data Warehouse Administration Console), Informatica.