- Highly - motivated and detail-oriented Business Analyst with around 7 years of experience in outstanding project planning, execution and coordination skills.
- Excellent experience in requirements elicitation and analysis, process designing, business solutions and project documentation according to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) Guides.
- Accomplished and fluent communicator with strong reasoning, problem-solving and decision-making skills, along with a practical approach and sound business knowledge.
- Skilled at proposing appropriate and technology-based recommendations for improving functional efficiency of the organization and achieving business excellence
- Extensive experience in project management best practices, processes and methodologies including Agile and Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Experienced in Business Process Reengineering and Gap analysis to check the compatibility of existing system infrastructure with new business requirements
- Experienced in translating business requirements and user expectations into understandable business objectives, use cases, process diagrams, functional and non-functional requirements using various external tools
- Skilled in designing and reviewing various documents including Business requirements document (BRD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS) and testing documents
- Specialized in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), test procedural development and review, tool validation, project customization and administration, defect management, configuration management, version control and business documentation
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Involved in Customization of Work Items, Transition Matrix in TFS.
- In depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC.
- Extensive experience with MS Office applications, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, VISIO.
- Expert in handling all phases of a Project- Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring Controlling and Closing.
- Extensive experience of Project Management methodologies like Waterfall, Agile.
- Acting as a liaison between the developers, analysts, testers and the management team to resolve any conflicts in terms of requirements.
- Experience of working in cross-functional team.
- Skilled at interfacing with the customer resolving their issues with a quick turnaround time.
- Dependable, responsible, organized, excellent critical thinking, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-direction and initiative, yet flexible; Can work independently or as a member of a team.
Areas of Expertise: SDLC, Requirements Gathering, System Analysis, Business Process Reengineering, Gap analysis, UML, Business /system documentation, XSD, Change Management, Project Management, Pivot tables, Wireframes, Data Analysis, Data mapping, Unit Testing, Regression testing, ETL, Business Objects Reports, HIPAA, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
CRM Tools: Net Suite CRM, Sugar CRM, SAP CRM
Tools: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Version one, JIRA, Rally, Smartsheet, Mitel IVR Systems, SQL Developer, SQL Plus, ETL, Oracle Forms & Reports 6i/10g, SQL Loader, SharePoint, Quick Test Professional, HP ALM, Visual studio, XMLSpy, AquaData, MS Test Manager, Informatica, SPSS, XLMiner, Spreadsheet Modelling, SAP, Data Mining, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro
Scripting Language: SQL, XML, HTML
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2010
- Responsible for defining the scope and implementing business rules of the project, gathering business requirements and documentation
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS)
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Used SQL for organizing and abstracting data from MS access data bases, created reports, forms on Ms Access.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives.
- Conducted presentations of the Q/A test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements
- Used SQL queries for organizing and abstracting data from MS access data bases, created reports, forms on Ms Access.
- Applied Confidential brand and intellectual property standards (e.g., copyright, visual identity) and method guidelines (e.g., style guide, method checklists) to method development projects.
- Made use of Adobe Photoshop and MS Visio to create icons, banner images, and adjust image size/resolution to optimize page load time for team site web pages.
- Provided Training and development sessions on MS SharePoint, HTML/HTML5, CSS, JS, Photoshop and Dreamweaver for new hires.
- Prepared and delivered presentations on Methods to Confidential Professionals & trained them on importance of Methods and on how to make use of them effectively.
- It was my team’s initiative that helped to create a social media presence for all the existing methods on Yammer.
- Creating, Preparing & Analyzing methods reports using MS Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookup, Hlookup, Macros) and reporting the same to Content Owners/SMEs, was a bare minimum expectation.
- Reviewing feedback received from practice area resources and developing method content in collaboration with Content Owners & SMEs.
Environment: MS SharePoint 2010/2013, HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, MS Project, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Omniture, MS Office, SQL, Adobe Dreamweaver, MS Visio, Adobe Site Catalyst, Installshield & IBM-Rational Method Composer.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - requirements gathering, conceptual design, analysis, high and low level detailed design, development, system testing.
- Collaborated with stakeholders from internal bank sectors representing Originations, Servicing, Secondary Marketing, Mortgage Lending Administration, Enterprise Risk Management, Model Risk Management, Internal Audit, external auditors and consultants to elicit business needs, gather requirements, and offer solutions.
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Used MS Visio and Appian BPM Suite to map processes (clarify roles/procedures) and build process models (improve rules and procedures).
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Coordinated with developers: Conducted JAD with SMEs, Developers, Project Managers and Quality Analysts to discuss business requirements, test planning, and defect tracking sessions
- Gathered and documented requirements in multiple process areas and disciplines in the Commercial banking including business process, controls, and analytics and reporting.
- Ensure communication and collaboration with stakeholders for system outages/deployments
- Involved in designing, developing and supporting custom database applications including working on developing stored procedures, conducting data modeling, database optimization, and going through the process with developers to enhance and modify databases to satisfy new client requirements
- Developed an application using pega PRPC (high level language built on java) that copies the xml information
- Performed Gap analysis (As-Is & To-Be) between the legacy systems and the proposed systems and created Business Process Models (BPM).
- Identify, direct, monitor and report on quality product delivery performance efforts including resolution plans and prioritization.
- Developed business context diagrams (flow charts) in an effort to identify and analyze process flows in the system.
- Coordinate in-house TIBCO integration teams and vendor development teams on daily basis, speed up application modeling, construction and delivery sprints.
- Define and assign time-boxed bi-weekly sprints to self-organizing CERES business teams and in-house ICC TIBCO development teams with off-site vendor development teams, and monitor progress on weekly basis.
- Worked on basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation
- Created a detailed requirements document, test plan and procedures for application testing.
- Created Drill Through Reports and also Reports that involved Master Detail Relationships
- Involved in modifying the existing Reports based upon the change requested by the user
- Worked on the continuous improvement of QA Process by reviewing and evaluating existing practices with standard testing guidelines.
- Created Use cases, Test cases, Process flows, Test plans for QA team and noted user observation during testing product before release
- Assisted in creating the Data Mapping Specification.
- Collaborated with DBAs to perform data mapping and executed simple and complex SQL queries to verify the mapped data
- Assisted with user testing of systems and maintained quality procedures and ensured appropriate documentation is in place
Environment: Oracle 12c, AQT, Informatica Power Center 9.1, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Version One and Framework Manager.
- Acted as a primary liaison between business and technical development team.
- Held brainstorming sessions with the client, executives and stakeholders to determine best form of requirement gathering.
- Attended Client’s workshops and Knowledge Transfer sessions to understand the client’s system.
- Understood the business requirements and identified gaps in different processes and implemented process improvement initiatives across the business improvement model.
- Created Business Requirement document (BRD) and Functional Requirement document and maintaining the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) related document.
- Worked in a Scrum team environment and participated in backlog review and Sprint planning sessions, following Agile methodology
- Collaborated and negotiated with stakeholders in defining project scope boundaries.
- Conducted feasibility study and performed scope analysis for the proposed enhancements, and made recommendations to the business users.
- Gathered client specific business requirements and translated it in a proper manner to the developers.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SMEs', Vendors, Users and other Stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Created use-cases/test-scripts to further refine the requirement and understand the business process.
- Worked and assisted the project manager for planning and organizing the project activities.
- Optimum use of documentation to avoid any form of miscommunication or misinterpretation during the entire software development process.
- Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis.
- Tracked and updated all decisions, risks, budget issues and action items to ensure project is on track and within scope.
- Handled Client visit’s, audit for the project as well as procured project materials using ARIBA.
- Responsible for staffing plan, acted as liaison with client team in the areas of open positions and the on boarding process.
- Managed project on MS Project tool and resources by locking, releasing and raising shared request using ABACUS.
- Planned, allocated and released workstation of resources using advance care planning tool.
- Managed multiple Program Administration folders/files on SharePoint, project documents and training materials in MS Office.
Environment: Windows 2000, Oracle 9i, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, Requisite Pro, ClearCase, Quality Center, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, Web Logic, DB2.
- Elicited requirements by identifying system users and conducting interviews
- Conducted JAD sessions and interviews with developers and SMEs for eliciting requirements
- Created the FRD, BRD and SRS artifacts after gathering input from business owners and other stakeholders.
- Involved with the business owner in understanding the AS-IS process for the fixed income securities and devised a TO-BE process to inculcate that in the system.
- Performed GAP analysis, cost-benefit analysis and feasibility analysis within the triple constraints.
- Created visual flow and UML diagrams for use cases, user interface, process flow and information flow.
- Created mockups (static and dynamic prototypes) of webpages and GUI, visualized process flows, information flow using MS Office Visio.
- Created the WBS using MS Project.
- Conducted Business Process Modeling (BPMN) to understand business processes.
- Utilized RUP methodology to develop the web application to satisfy the warranted periodic functionality releases.
- Involved in tracking defects and Managed scope and requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Wrote test cases, test scripts and planned the user acceptance tests (UATs).
- Performed Functional, Integration and Regression testing.
Environment: Agile RUP, JAD, MS Office Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project.