- Business System Analyst professional with 7+ years of experience providing in - depth knowledge of SDLC(Software Development Life Cycle) and development practices (ranging from traditional to Agile).
- Skilled in gathering User Requirements, translating them into data, functional, quality, and usability requirements.
- Spearheaded projects on Waterfall & Agile-Scrum
- Business writing skills in creating Business requirements document (BRD), Use-Case Specifications, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), High level and Low level documents (HLD/LLD)
- Proficiency in gathering SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) requirements and transforming them into functional specifications focusing on workflow analysis and design & user interface design
- High expertise in tracing requirements throughout the development process and verifying adherence to Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and possessing good understanding of RACI Matrix
- Proven success in eliciting requirement, As-Is and To-Be analysis, GAP analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Risk assessment, and SWOT analysis
- Experienced in creating Test Plan and Test Cases for Functional and Nonfunctional requirements
- Experience in end-to-end testing, UAT (User Acceptance Test) and user training for customers.
- Collaborated in various types of testing like Functional (Black-Box), Regression, and UAT testing
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Functioning in retail operations, design and implementations of point-of-sale systems, logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Conducted walkthrough sessions of the scope document to ensure the buy in from the project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Responsible for providing POS software/hardware support for corporate stores.
- Managed relationship with key partners and stakeholders.
- Gathered, Documented and analyzed business requirements from clients and stakeholders.
- Worked closely with sales, merchandising and fulfillment subject matter experts to uncover dependencies.
- Gathered technical requirements related to security, servers and authentications.
- Added Two Step authentication to existing payments legacy system to enhance security using iDaaS.
- Assisted with defining cost of work to be performed.
- Prepared Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio to review the current and future business processes.
- Participated in daily SPRINT sessions with 3-week iterations.
- Helped develop Use cases, User Stories, Business flow, functional specifications and maintained Story Boards in JIRA.
- Reviewed user stories with the Product Owners and got their approval.
- Created detailed project plans, tracked project timelines and administered weekly status.
- Helped business and technical teams to identify any associated early constraints, risks or issues.
- Brought deeper understanding, compliance, and overall satisfaction to the Change Management component.
- Owned and maintained all documentation: process, training, and presentation.
- Facilitated Technical Review Board meeting and other meetings with technical and management staff.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, Tableau, SharePoint (2010), Microsoft Office, Rally, Tableau, Oracle, JIRA, MS-Visio, UML, UAT Testing
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Analyzed the prior documentation and business processes for full understanding of the project. Interviewed area experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people
- Developed good knowledge of Asset Allocation, Commodities, Bond Pricing, Corporate Bonds, Fixed Income, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Standard & Poor’s 500 (S&P 500) Index, Share Buyback, Payout Ratio
- Gathered Business Requirements, through constant interaction with the Product owner, SME’s, Designer and Developers to get a better understanding of the business processes
- Analyzed and optimized the process, prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that were cost effective and met business requirements
- Conducted stand-up meetings and created burn down charts and calculated the Velocity
- Identified and created User Stories and Use Cases from requirement
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and system requests and prepared Requirement Traceability Matrixes (RTM) to track such requirements
- Actively involved in the creation of Test Plan, Test cases and involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, Informatica, MS Office, SharePoint (2010), MS Project, MS Visio, HP ALM, Clarity, MS Excel
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Involved throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - SCRUM including sprint planning meetings, review meetings and backlog refinement meetings.
- Prepared business requirements documents by conducting client group interviews, focused groups, workshops and online surveys
- Facilitated JAD sessions and conducted peer review meetings periodically to keep track of projects milestones on webex meetings and conference calls.
- Prepared and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to record the business and functional requirements.
- Expert in creating user stories from requirement gatherings while following various elicitation techniques
- Prepared activity diagrams on MS Visio to better understand the flow of activities along with the timelines of each actor
- Prepared change request form to provide details of the changes requests, and obtained approvals from the appropriate stakeholders
- Worked on issue tracking and project planning with JIRA
- Assisted QA team by reviewing test plan and test cases and clarifying requirements to ensure complete coverage of requirements
- Provided training to the users, and involved in facilitating UAT sessions to gain user confidence and approval
- Coordinated UAT and regression testing of the application services.
Environment: SCRUM Methodology, MS Office, MS Access, MS Visio, GAP Analysis, UML, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, JIRA, MS Project