Sr. Business Analyst
- Business Requirements Elicitation, BRD and FRD, Strong Documentation Skills
- Master Data Management: Customer, Product (PIM), Supplier
- Data Governance
- Business/Technical Liaison
- Product Owner
- Use Cases, User Stories, Testing, UAT
- Big Data and Analytics
- Risk, Change and Content Management
- Web based applications, data centric, SQL knowledge
- Team Leadership and Mentoring, Prepare Training Materials and Training Groups
- Data Mapping: sources to target; target to upstream systems
- Data Dictionaries, Naming Conventions
- Regulatory & Compliance
- JAD and RAD Sessions, Workshops, Meeting Management, Meeting Facilitation
- Practical, team player, fast learner
- Business Continuity
- Off shore management of BA’s and Developers
Technologies/Methodologies: Microsoft Office Suite, VBA, ACCESS, SharePoint, Visio, ARIS, SQL Server, Oracle, T - SQL and P-SQL (not an expert), Hadoop Platform, Stibo STEP, Tibco, SAP, SAP MDG, Informatica, most project tracking systems, Tableau, Alteryx, CRM systems Clarify, Siebel, SFDC, knowledge of web analytics tools such as Site Catalyst and Google Analytics, Teradata, IBM POS, DB2, COBOL, JCL, Business Process Mapping, Workflows, Waterfall, Agile, Waterfall/Agile.
Senior Lead Business Analyst
- To accurately calculate the Confidential based on many variables (airport, plane type, turnaround times, conditions, etc.) automatically (currently a manual process).
- Steps to achieve goal: Documented as-is business processes and mapped data attributes to the process, elicited and documented the to-be business processes from key stakeholders, detailed process flows in VISIO. Interviewed and documented key stakeholders priorities and expectations and aligned with phases/sprints. Researched and recommended the best practices.
- Solution: Development of a windows robot within the JetBlue Enterprise Tracking System to be triggered on key events to calculate, based on many variables, and timely publication across channels: mobile and web users, airport terminal systems, internal personnel of the Confidential .
Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Documented as-is current supplier and customer management processes, elicited requirements through teach-outs, workshops and one and one interviews and produced documentation for the to-be Supplier Domain, Detailed process flows on current supplier information management: mostly SAP ERP and unstructured data sources with NO data governance:
- Multiple Enterprise SAP systems of differing versions, D&B data feeds, third party vendors, mapped to the logical data model of SAP MDG. Elicited requirements for ABAP developers, Database Architects, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligent groups, and other upstream consumers of the master Supplier data using JAD and RAD sessions. Waterfall/Agile.
- Artifacts produced: MDM Roadmap, Business Requirements Document, Functional Design Document, Use Cases, Test Cases, traceability matrix, gap analysisAdditional duties: Scrum Master, Meeting facilitator, business liaison to align business requirements with user needs, requirement sign-offs, teach-outs, budgets, staffing.
Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Documented as-is current product management, documented to-be Product Information Management, Detailed process flows on current product information management: mostly unstructured data sources with NO governance: Mapping data source to target, Business Requirements Document, Functional Design Document, Use Cases, Test Cases, traceability matrix, gap analysis, meeting facilitator, business liaison, requirement sign-offs, teach-outs.
Technologies/Methodologies: Stibo STEP, Oracle, from setup through production environments, Multiple Enterprise SAP systems, third party vendors, mapped to the logical data model of STEP. Elicited requirements for Hierarchies, Categories, Item attributes, grouping, mapping data, heavy emphasis on meeting Vendors data requests and formats. Waterfall/Agile.
Walmart: Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Teradata, IBM POS systems, Informix, DB2, Legacy, third party data (Experian, Nielsen, Dunn and Bradstreet, US Census, Survey Data, mostly transmitted via SFTP), Facebook and Twitter (JSON files)
- Identify and determine logic used to aggregate data across the customer and retail channels, based on business rules, scoring of the data source and attributes.
- Business Requirement Document, Technical Design Document, Use Cases, UAT scenarios and coordination with business and technical teams for full support and resolution of any defects. All Mapping documents from source to target, maintaining field names to comply with internal database administrators, data owners, data governance.
- Elicited requirements and prioritization from C-level executives on visual and functionality of all data analytic displays, drill-down data requirements, etc. Elicited requirements from Data Model builders, detailed attribute requirements, sources, mapping, and ensuring no roadblocks to build desired functionality.
Technologies/Methodologies: Hadoop Platform, Sqoop, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, Map Reduce, Hue (web based interface query tool), Green Plum, Tableau, Alteryx, Kanban Agile, 2 week sprints, demo to business as PSI, record feedback, reprioritize, backlog cleanup, planning for next sprint.
Senior Business Analyst
- Documented as-is Item Management, documented to-be Item Management including detailed process flows on Item Introduction, modify, source change, pack/size change, discontinued, reclamation, logistics, procurement, Tax, WIC, HazMat, MSDS, etc. using the Conference Room Pilots: to: define, detail and document desired end-to-end business processes and workflows, identify gaps and areas of change between the new system and the old system, identify the impact of the changes on the affected departments and individuals, map the data cleaning, converting and reconciling processes.
- Business Requirements Document, Functional Design Document, Use Cases, Test Cases, UAT steps and acceptance criteria, traceability matrix, gap analysis, meeting facilitator, business liaison, requirement sign-offs, teach-outs, identifying data owners and stewards.
- Led Data Governance Council sessions from formation, knowledge transfer of duties, discovery of areas to group the data attributes logically, workflow approvals, Business Rules, Regulatory, Transportation including MSDS, storage, etc.
Technologies/Methodologies: TIBCO MDM solution, IBM Retail Management Solution, IBM POS systems nationwide, legacy homegrown product information systems built on Oracle RDMS, Teradata, Product Lifecycle Management System
Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Documented as-is current booking processes, search criteria, URL Structures, detailed process flows on current pricing information management systems.
- Business Requirements Document, Functional Design Document, Use Cases, Test Cases, traceability matrix, gap analysis, meeting facilitator, business liaison, and requirement sign-offs, teach-outs.
Technologies/Methodologies: Content Management Systems, real-time pricing systems, wireframe workshops, usability workshops, Oracle, SQL Server, Waterfall/Agile, led daily scrums and follow ups.
Senior Business Analyst/Liaison
- Managed a team of nineteen (19) MS Certified .NET Developers and SQL Server DBA’s: Delivered detailed application specifications nightly and conducted JAD Sessions. All developers used the RAD (Rapid Application Development) Methodology and Prototyping to demo solutions within a week to get signoff or additional requirements. This method proved very successful and cost effective. Able to Pilot applications within three months and continually address enhancement requests and releases.
- Maintenance and Support Function: Maintain, support and update web sites, usage reporting and databases 24x7. Complied and documented all requirements to become a Microsoft Gold Partner in addition to other key alliances such as ORACLE Partner, etc. Maintained and supported internal network. Setup MS Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Project Server.
- Business Liaison: Primary liaison between Technology Group and C Level Management. Prepared Statements of Work (SOW’s), Business Plans, Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, ROI, Support and Maintenance Agreements and Negotiations with the Asset Management Groups, etc.
- Business Manager: Marketing, finances, accounting, staffing and other incidentals in addition to day-to-day operations. HR, Payroll, Vendor Management, Budgets, Accounting, Sales, etc.
- Managed a large development team (developers and DBA’s) with an annual operating budget of over $25 million, produced detailed documentation, and conducted JAD sessions, complied budgets, deliverables and timelines.
- Architected the design and implementation of a Global IT strategy reporting directly to Corporate Division Presidents.
- Transformed a fragmented and under-performing group into a dynamic, customer-focused organization. Established a culture of accountability throughout the IT organization.
- Cut development costs more than 15% by instituting an Enterprise development environment and consolidating multiple, redundant development efforts.
- Designed comprehensive Document Management methodology and repetitive roll-out strategy for Confidential implementation across 12 business units - achieved 100% functionality from launch, and completed each implementation in an average of only 24 weeks (projected estimate was one year).
- Developed numerous client server applications for the Business Units to track employee and Confidential time, reporting systems, Corporate Directory and Data Upload Tools for CRM Systems.