- Over 7 years of all - encompassing experience as a Business Analyst and front line leadership role in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Charted business requirements for mid-size to large organizations. Adept in gathering business requirements pertaining to functional, non-functional and data aspects of the business. Held meeting with stakeholders and end-users to determine needs and necessities.
- Strong Knowledge and hands on experience of SDLC methodologies and Business Process Models (BPM) like Agile Modelling, Agile Unified Process (AUP), Waterfall, SCRUM and Rational Unified Process (RUP) software development.
- Skilled in preparing business requirements document (BRD), functional and technical specifications, systems design and requirements specifications.
- Knowledge of testing and implementation of ISO statistical plans and rule changes, experience with Commercial lines of business.
- Worked with business stakeholders to gather requirements Compliance projects.
- Expertise in understanding the business process from taking a requirement from a system record to a centralized warehouse.
- Extensive work experience for Analyzing data loss, data workflow & Analysis process
- Vast experience conducting and documenting the "AS-IS" and "TO-BE" processes and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)
- Expert in Tracking and Managing the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM that controls numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project.
- Involved in meetings with the QA team for Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution and Issue Resolution.
- Reviewed Test plans to make sure all the requirements have been covered and corresponding test cases have been created.
- Facilitated UAT testing involving the Business users, Development and the QA teams.
- Extensive experience in creating and maintaining source to target data mapping documents
- Experience in Project tracking, management, and reporting using MS Project and in doing presentations and recommendations to plant heads and corporate management.
- Strong documentation and analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills.
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, and ability to master new technologies, manage multiple tasks while following through from start to completion with limited supervision
- Involved with long term projects from the requirements gathering phase to the deployment phase.
Business Analyst Tools: Rally, JIRA, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational ClearQuest, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Excel - Visio, Share point, Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
Operating Systems: Windows XP/95/98/2000, Vista, 7/8.
Databases: Microsoft Access, MySQL, MS SQL Server
Test tools: HP Quality Center
Software Application Communication Tools: TOAD
Microsoft: Outlook, Lotus Notes
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Gathering business requirements and translating into functional specs for the technical teams.
- Assisting the deployment efforts to make sure releases are on track, work with third party vendors to support development.
- Assisting the Development Team with application improvements, prioritization, change request, user acceptance testing and monitor and update defects, resolve end-user questions, incidents, and issues.
- Assisting QC team to build test plans, test cases and validate them before publishing to QA team.
- Designing User Interface(UI), User stories, SCRUM reports, plans, tracked and manage data using Agile methodology tool JIRA, Rally and HPQC
- Testing validations of application, test cases, enhancements, updates, Lessons learned and bug fixes/ break fix solutions.
- Supporting application specific site on SharePoint and SharePoint migrations to the latest version
- Providing End User support and running weekly and monthly reports using Excel.
- Defined, improved and executed a Centralized APM (Application Portfolio Manager) process for creation and maintenance of applications information in HOPEX.
- Worked with a broad set of IT and potentially Business customers to understand their needs and communicated how APM works now vs. prior ITMS process.
- Worked with operational teams (AM, HOPEX Tool Owner) as required to complete tasks/meet customer needs.
- Conducted training sessions to give overview of new SharePoint APM site and HOPEX.
- Analyzed/researched issues, identified critical gaps, and work with appropriate teams to resolve the gaps and made it user friendly.
- Gave detailed attention to the application details to ensure data quality and teamwork to improve with shared learnings.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS- Office Suite, Rally, Web Services SharePoint, HPQC, Planisware, HOPEX, QlikView
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Gathering business requirements from the Subject Matter Expert under government compliance (DIFS) and SharePoint governance. Worked with the technical team to deliver on any changes that needed to be made within Rider.
- Completed Rider process by uploading URLs on to Hap.org.
- Updated Rider Tracking Log throughout the Rider evaluation process.
- Created “Rider Process End to End” while creating flowcharts using Visio
- Created “Rider Manual” for company use.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS- Office Suite, XML, Web Services SharePoint
Confidential, Naperville, IL
- Conducted one-on-one meetings with the project SME’s to gather the requirements.
- Facilitated story mapping sessions with users, stakeholders and developers; and documented their changes in requests.
- Created Statement of Work and RFP to execute IT projects
- Facilitated business requirements gathering sessions with the business, and overlooked the creation of Use Cases/Activity Diagrams, Functional Specifications, wireframes, mockups and prototypes using Visio.
- Created Use-Cases and Business requirement document after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes and SharePoint governance.
- Performed feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the critical requirements from the user’s perspective under government compliances.
- Performed Requirement Traceability Matrix to map the requirements with the test cases and performed GAP analysis.
- Understood and articulated business requirements from user interviews and then converted requirements into system requirements.
- Designed User Interface(UI), User stories, SCRUM reports, plans, tracked and manage data using Agile methodology tool JIRA
- Designed and developed business flow diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, Object Oriented models using MS Visio.
- Supported Developers and Testers with acceptance criteria and on demand requirement in Execution phase of project
- Analyze data errors and created process flows for Users including end to end resolution, worked with Technical writers to guide Operational Desktop Procedures creation.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Test Execution.
- Conducted training sessions for end users on usage of Data Clean up tools
Environment: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Office suite, JIRA, TOAD, Asp.Net, SQL Server 2008, MS Visio, MS- Office Suite, Quality Center 9.5, UML 2.0, Siebel Dashboard, Cognos 10.1, XML, Web Services, MS SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL
Client: Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Engaged in different phases of SDLC of the project executing RUP methodology of iterative software development from Inception to Transition phase.
- Work on creating RFP and RFI to gather proposals from Confidential Vendors
- Evaluated the RFP responses and ranked them according to the evaluation criteria.
- Conducted JAD sessions with business units and stakeholders to define project scope, to identify the business flows using story mapping sessions and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the new development efforts.
- Created different documentations based on CMMI standard model.
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive business analysis by constantly working with the Business Users, Solution Engineers, Developers and Testers, Management, Deployment and Support Staff in order to determine Project Management deliverables (Statement of Work, Project Charter, Project Plan, Work Break down Structure), High Level and Low Level artifacts & deliverables to be produced and design the application that will support the business and meet the constraints of time, resources and budget.
- Acted as liaison between development team, testing team and Business SMEs to generate and standardize Functional requirements specification documents, Use cases, Vendor Specification documents and Architectural documents.
- Created User stories, User Interface (UI), Wireframes using Agile Methodology
- Involved in designing business use case scenarios, use case realizations diagrams, and workflow charts for documenting the requirements.
- Monthly and quarterly management meetings with travel liaison for consistent communication.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Test Execution with user and QA team.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Visio, JIRA, Asp.Net, SQL Server 2005/2008, Rational Requisite Pro, MS- Office Suite, MS SharePoint Server 2007, Quality Center 9.5, UML 2.0, Wireframe Widgets .
Confidential, Frankfort, KY
- Working in a team environment, my activities include, but are not limited to the following
- Analyzed and documented existing business and information systems environment and future business process using a variety of tools such as MS Excel, and MS Visio.
- Part of the team who assessed the RFP responses to select a vendor to execute the project
- Met with internal and external clients to discuss and observe existing and future business needs.
- Prepared UML use cases and other diagrams to specify in detail the business and functional processes of a new application or enhancement.
- Developed functional hierarchy diagrams and process models according to government compliance and to document user functions and workflow.
- Gathered, analyzed, and documented business requirements. Wrote detailed descriptions of the user's needs, program functions, and user interface design.
- Identified information system enhancements that improved business processes and supported future business needs.
- Performed GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements
- Recommended strategies for development and implementation of software solutions.
- Participated in evaluations of software vendors and solutions.
- Participated in unit testing to verify the system functions properly and satisfy the business requirements.
- Assisted in maintenance of key project management enablers e.g. communication plan, organization charts etc.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, XML, Web Services, MS PowerPoint, Requisite Pro, SQL, Java, J2EE
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to understand the workflow of the business and their application processes
- Performed GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios using the UML methodologies, Business Requirement Document (BRD), to be used as input to the functional design specifications
- Evaluated information gathered from multiple sources and reconciled conflicts.
- Decomposed high-level information into details and distinguished user requests from true needs.
- Generated the reports with numerous prompts and linking several data providers like external files, Excel Spread sheets
- Ensured implementation of Business Requirements into Technical Requirements using Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Providing part time support to Regression testing team to implement business logic into system at the time of testing & execution
- Analyzed and translated data to identify trends and specific business impacts to assisted Operations management with strategic decision making
- Created Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Procedures in HP Quality Center as per the requirements
Environment: Microsoft PPT, MS Excel (MACROS, Spreadsheets, Dashboards), MS Sharepoint, MS Project, JIRA