- 5 + years of industry experience as a Systems Analyst/Business Analyst with healthcare and solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis.
- Extensive experience in analysing and requirements gathering and writing system functional specifications.
- Strong experience in RUP Business modeling process.
- Health Information Technology: Electronic Health Records, Workflow Process Analysis & Redesign
- In depth knowledge in software development methodologies like Agile/SCRUM AGILE and project management principles.
- Performed Data Analysis of existing data through SQL and experience with EDI & ETL
- Strong exposure in DBMS & RDBMS Concepts, Data Mapping, and SQL queries. Familiarity with Data Warehouse (DW) concepts and schemas & Business Intelligence (BI) concepts & reports.
- Expertise in using Rational tools for creating use cases, version control, and defect tracking and monitoring and used the Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology in all areas of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Owned the entire reporting process. Interacted with the ETL team, developer(s), management, and account holders to get the requirements, document them, design templates, and write specifications .
- Experience in development methodologies like RUP, SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall
- Experience with designing and verifying databases on Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS using Entity - Relationship Diagrams (ERD).Expertise in UML (class diagrams, object diagrams, GAP Analysis, use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and collaboration diagrams) as a business analysis methodology for application functionality designs using IBM’s Rational Rose.
- Experienced in creating BI DSS from the conception until the deployment of business reports utilizing SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 and SQL Server BIDS and Data Tools.
- Strong business analysis skills and an understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) utilizing Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Participating in discussions using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with agile project methodology to develop business/System requirements and process maps
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Conferring with QA and Dev teams in both Agile and Waterfall work environments
- Proficient in designing and executing TSQL Query Statements implementing many types of Tables, Joins, Constraints, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Exception Handling using SQL Server management studio.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWork Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Used Agile methodology to gather requirements and work with the development0 and testing team Produced requirements and system work products including: Business process and data flow diagrams, Use cases/User Stories, Wireframe
- Solid understanding of Business Process definition, Risk Analysis and SDLC methodologies.
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, RUP, UML, CMM,JIRA, SIX SIGMA, Agile(Scrum) JAD
Testing Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, Test Director and Quality Center
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, PVCS, Clear Case
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio for UML and ER diagrams
Programming Language: C, C++, Visual Basic, JAVA, Grasshopper, SQL, PL\SQL
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (2007)
Applications: MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes
Databases/Query Tools: Oracle 8i/9i, MS SQL Server, MS-Access, DB Visualiser, OBIEE, SQL*LIMS, LabWare LIMS and Web LIMS
Reporting/Documentation Tools: Crystal Reports, Rational SoDA / MS Word, Adobe Acrobat
Requirement Gathering Tools: Requisite Pro
Sr. Agile - Business Analyst
- Analyzed clients systems and business processes.
- Followed the Software Development Life Cycle throughout project and used the Agile methodology
- Designed and implemented Payment Advice Transaction, 837 Health Care Claim Transaction. Populated ICD-9, NDC Disease code sets as per the standards. Experience with transaction sets 835, 837, 270, 271, 276, 277 and 5010.
- Involved with all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies throughout the project life cycle.
- Used SQL to test various reports and ETL load jobs in development, QA and production environment
- Created analytical cubes with SQL BIDS 2008 (SSAS) for analysis purposes.
- Performed the requirement analysis, impact analysis and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro and Utilized Agile experience with large and small teams
- Established a Business Analysis methodology around Agile (SDLC) methodology.
- Used MS-Visio for flow-charting, Use- Case process model and architectural design of the application.
- Using Shared Containers and creating reusable components for local and shared use in the ETL process.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Writing new COBOL, DB2 programs to handle Claim centre messages (from front end via XML) processed in the Mainframe from the front end system called Claim Centre (CC) using GUIDEWIRE working with SQL SERVER Data.
- Effectively communicated and assisted other team members in the ongoing assignments as part of an agile environment.
- Analyzed trading partner specifications and created EDI mapping guidelines
- Created the JIRA/SQL scripts for demonstrating the prototypes and for verifying the result sets and used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Carried out detailed and comprehensive business analysis with the Agile methodology
- Lead multiple project teams of technical professionals through all phases of the SDLC using technologies including Oracle, Erwin, Data Stage, Data Warehousing, Websphere
- Developed front-end production entry screen and batch interfaces between remote AS/400s and the corporate mainframe and coordinated various kinds of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including regression testing, system testing, integration testing, functional testing, alpha & beta testing.
Environment: Mainframes, Agile, COBOL, JCL, Db2, Oracle, Java, SQL, JIRA, J2EE, Rose, Agile (Scrum), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, XML, EDI, LoadRunner, WinRunner.
Confidential, Brockton, MA
Sr. Business Analyst/Agile
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) and interview sessions to elicit requirements from the users and subject matter experts.
- Responsible for leading Agile Scrum Sprint Planning Activities
- Reviewed administrative and clinical practices and procedures: point of care, scheduling, registration, clinical documentation, patient care, and charge entry, medical coding and diagnostic testing procedures associated with multiple business units.
- Failure or damages caused during installation or utilization of an EHR system has been feared as a threat in lawsuits.
- Responsible for processing claims, including complex and specialty claims to completion utilizing appropriate references, billing and guidelines
- Developed the systems implementation project management plan with milestones and steps from procurement of vendors to project implementation and maintenance
- Worked closely with Product Manager, System Analyst and Development team to sign off feature file test cases as part of Agile ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) process.
- Generated numerous Business Requirement Documents & Functional requirements specification documents, Use cases, system flow and work flow diagrams.
- Create data extracts for customers using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Worked with the development team to ensure that they understand the functional specifications
- Opportunities to adopt agile process earlier than scheduled and Adhere to Agile Methodologies through entire software development process
- Worked on developing the business requirement and use cases for FACETS batch process, automating the billing entities and commission process
- Responsible for accepting phone calls from employees regarding the status of their claims
- Worked on 837, 835, 276 and 277 Institutional and Professional, EDI Gateway.
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Requirement Analysis, Testing and Implementation.
- Used different components in Pentaho like Database Lookup & Join, Generate rows, Calculator, Row normalizer & denormalizers, Java Script, JIRA, Add constant, Add Sequence.
- Assisted in monitoring ancillary data transactions and addressed problems with HL7 messages.
- Performed feasibility studies to make sure that goals are consistent with objectives.
- Worked with Solution architects and business experts to translate key strategic objectives into actionable
- Involved in the formulation of Business Requirements Document (BRD) after all business requirements were defined clearly.
- Involved in Analysis and ETL testing of various Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Collaborated with the QA team in designing test plans and test cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: RUP, Windows 2000, MS Visio, ASP, C#.Net, JAVA/J2EE, Web application,SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i, SQL server 2000, Agile, Requisite Pro, SQL Server, Agile (Scrum), EDI, use cases, Solution Architect,SDLC, Business intelligence
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Complete study of the in-house requirements for the data warehouse. Analyzed the DW project database requirements from the users in terms of the dimensions they want to measure and the facts for which the dimensions need to be analyzed.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) using Rational RequisitePro.
- Involved in mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the Agile Unified Process.
- Reviewed Stored Procedures for reports and wrote test queries against the source system (SQL Server)/JIRA to match the results with the actual report against the Data mart (Oracle).
- Provide business intelligence analysis to decision-makers using an interactive OLAP tool
- Followed the adaptive RUP framework for the whole Project life cycle (PLC)
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies were present and identified deficiencies, created a defined business cases, and upon approval, implemented strategies for the department and adjacent teams.
- Expert in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data ware house/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Business Objects Modules (Reporter, Supervisor, Designer, and Web Intelligence). Experience with mainframe applications such as TSO, CICS, and familiar with SQL Query Management tools like Toad for Oracle and the Query Analyzer in Microsoft SQL Server. Well versed with client server environment and tools like SQL*Loader, UNIX shell scripts and TOAD
- Developed estimates, project plans (Microsoft project), training material, BI reports using Microstrategy
- Created and managed Project Templates, Use Case Project Templates, Requirement Types and Traceability Relationships in RequisitePro.
- Participated in all phases of the SDLC in Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Gather technical requirements form development for testing Agile/Waterfall methodology.
- Developed and managed Project Plans and Schedules. Managed resolution of Project issues and conflicts.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest), Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), OBIEE, JIRA, Agile (Scrum), IBM WebSphere, XML, Java, J2EE, SSRS, Oracle, MS Visio, JAD, UAT, SQl
- Conducted interviews and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to gather requirements from stakeholders and users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR).
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
- Developed an implementation plan for Partners for EDI X12 transactions such as 834, 835,837,270 and 271.
- Has exposure in the Design, development and maintenance of commercial projects using Waterfall Model and Agile Model.
- Parsing high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Created and monitored SQL Server Agent Jobs to schedule weekly backups of logs to reduce database size and secure the logging data.
- Proficient in preparing project plans and identifying major milestones for each stage as per the SDLC model
- Extensively worked on the out-of-the-box capabilities of Siebel Public Sector
- Validated various EDI transactions, like 837I, 837P, 276/277, 270/271, also created and validated the paper claim's NSF format on mainframe, verifying and validating the NPI data being passed through various processes, including EDI, MQSI,CIS and MHS.
- Expertise in implementation of Full Lifecycle of SDLC as well as implementation of agilemethodologies.
- Generated reports using SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS), and created user friendly templates, indexes, using XML and worked on project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Worked on X837 processing of claims for electronic media claims (EMC), National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP), and Office for Civil Rights (OCR) claims.
- Created a SQL Server Agent Job that triggers a SSIS Package that updates the data warehouse in a scheduled timing.
- Use Cases and other Process Flow Models were designed using Visio and Rational Rose.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries using Joins and Sub-Queries to test the reports generated by the different modules.
Environment: Rational Rose, Agile (Scrum), Rational Requisite Pro, Windows 2000, Agile, MS Office, OOAD, XML, EDI, HTML, Microsoft SQL