Seeking Senior Business Analyst / Data Analyst / Project Management Roles in Virginia/DC/MD area
- 10+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Systems Analysis, Project Management and Design, Client Management, People Management, Software Testing and Production Support.
- A competent, energetic and result oriented with the ability to play a multi - faceted role of Business Analyst/Data Analyst/Project Manager, key participant in design discussions, Onsite/Offshore coordinator.
- MS in Financial Engineering from New York University (2005)
- Excellent working knowledge of Market Risk, Credit Risk, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Equities, Securities, Futures and Options, Market Data, Reference Data, Wealth Management, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Enterprise Data, Mortgage Backed Securities & Healthcare.
- Proficient in creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Specification documents (FSD), non-functional specifications.
- Expertise to drive discussions and project negotiations with department heads, directors as well as other technical teams to define and manage Scope of the projects.
- Ability to keep the vision and objectives of a project in perspective to drive all aspects of business analysis, requirement gathering, project planning and project management, communications management and Stakeholder management.
- Excellent working knowledge Rapid Application Development Agile Methodology & Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Lead UAT and created Test Procedures, defining Test cases, reviewing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing errors.
- Expertise in Data Analysis using Oracle Toad for SQL Queries, Microsoft SQL Server, Access & Excel.
- Project Management experience managing and coordinating team’s onsite/offshore model with varied software development methodologies - Waterfall, Agile, Rapid Application Development (RAD).
- Executed & handled all phases of project management processes from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling and closing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Generated metrics and reports on Scope, Schedule, Budget, Human Resource Management, Risks and Issues using tools like Microsoft Project & Clarity.
- Utilized best practices to ensure quality of products while leveraging personal ability to uncover business needs from end users and translate findings into technical specifications for IT staff direction.
Requirements Analysis: DOORS, IBM Rational Requisite Pro, Rally, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Data Analysis: SQL using TOAD/SQL Server, Access, Altova XML SPY
Project management: MS Project, Clarity, SharePoint, BMC Remedy, Team Tracker
Methodologies: Agile, EDM, Waterfall
Database: ORACLE DB2, MS SQL Server, MS ACCESS, CMDB, ITIL
Reporting: Business Objects (BOXI) - Crystal Reports
MS Office: MS Project, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Designing: Visio, Adonis
Change Management: Clear Case, Clear Quest, Change management tracker, SharePoint
Quality Assurance: ALM, HPQC, Mercury Quality Center, Test Director Win runner, Load runner, QTP
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Lead Business Analyst /Data Analyst
- Created CBRS Business Rules for Mortgage Backed Securities.
- Managed Project Deliverables using Software Development Life cycle methodology.
- Worked with SME’s for CBRS & LDNG Support Initiative and created Business Requirements Document.
- Created System Requirements Specifications as per System Context Diagram.
- Conducted Data Analysis by creating SQL Queries using Toad.
- Created Mapping Documents from Source to Target, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked with Data Modelers & ETL and Mainframe Developers to determined data relationships for logical and physical model as per the systems requirements.
- Used Doors, Rational Requisite Pro, & Rally for Requirements Documentation and management.
- Elicited Analyzed, translated and documenting requirements by stakeholder /SME interviews, surveys, user group meetings and cross functional meetings, Gap Analysis, Traceability Matrix,, JAD Sessions, managed Change requests and change trackers.’
- Created Business requirements document (BRD), USE Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD).Share Point which serves as a central storage and collaboration space for documents and information
- Managed requirements using Clear Case, Clear Quest.
- Reverse Engineered Logic for Prefix Analysis and created Eligibility Grids.
- Conducted Review Sessions with Subject Matter Experts to finalize the documentation.
- Created User Manuals and end training documentation.
- Lead UAT effort and Production Readiness Review.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Lead Business Analyst
- Worked in Agile Environment for managing and creating Business Analysis/Data Analysis documentation.
- Created System Requirements Specification (Technical Specifications), Process Workflows and Mapping Documents for various interfaces that were used for sending flow data to CSP.
- Created User Stories and facilitated Scrum Meetings.
- Created User Interface, GUI Mockups for exception management of data that would be sent via various interfaces to CSP.
- Worked with Business Team, ETL team and Java Development Team to mitigate risks issues and gaps.
- Conducted Data Analysis by using advanced SQL and Access.
- Worked with Data Architects to identify data relationships for logical and physical model as per the systems requirements.
- Created Transformation rules from many (source) to one (target).
- Worked with change control board (CCB) for change management process
- Worked with QA team to provide them understanding of the requirements and generate a test plan.
- Adhered to change management process for managing requirements.
- Created and managed requirements as per the project plan and communicated changes to higher management.
Project Management/Lead Business Analyst
- Managed Project Deliverables as per SDLC Life Cycle and mentored team members
- Crated Solutions Specifications, Business Requirements Document and Test Plans.
- Conducted Data Analysis and worked with Development and Reporting team for technical requirements.
- Managed Data Accuracy, Completeness and Data Point Changes as per Requirements.
- Managed, maintained and tracked Change Requests for existing new/existing requirements.
- Verified accuracy of operational data by creating SQL queries and validating Reports using Business Objects
- Organized and restructured the requirements management using Doors.
- Worked with Technology Vendors and trained Business Team for the process.
Confidential, Livingston, NJ
- Developed project charter outlining project objectives, scopes and identifying all the key stakeholders.
- Created detailed project plan for the VMO project initiatives and monitored that project meets the overall objectives, business requirements, quality standards, performance criteria and user needs
- Managed and directed team in creating documents as per SDLC v 2.01 such as BRD, Systems Requirements, Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Worked with teams to integrate change management activities into overall project plan.
- Facilitated status meetings in order to identify and manage risks and issues.
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
Lead Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Worked with Access Management/Inventory Management system for managing user profiles.
- Worked with Inventory Systems such as RIMS for retrieving and mapping user profile data..
- Created Business Requirements Document, Functional Specifications, and Process Work Flow diagrams.
- Conducted Data Analysis by using SQL Server and Advanced Access.
- Worked with Data Architects and modelers for ER relationship diagram as per the specifications.
- Created Business Rules, transformation rules and mapping documents as per logical and physical data models.
- Worked with BMC Remedy for successful release of project.
- Worked with CMDB (ITIL) as required for Enterprise Account Management.
- Created UAT Test Plan and provided training to end users.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Project Management/Lead Data Analyst
- Worked with Financial Business Team, Portfolio Management and Data Migration teams.
- Worked with Service-Now management for Assets, Applications, Software, Hardware, Financials Costs associated with the services
- Created project plan and managed projects of Applications owned by Confidential and used by AstraZeneca.
- Maintained Risks and Issues Log and provided status reports to IS Business Team.
- Lead and Conducted Data Analysis as required for data center migration and consolidation projects, migrated applications from outsourced hosting to internal data centers, and led hardware refreshes for legacy hardware.
- Conducted Data Mapping and data validation process.
- Worked with Central Database Management (ITIL) for Asset Management, Portfolio Management Modules, CMDB, Remedy, and SharePoint.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Lead Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Worked with Confidential .com Technology and Business Team to help them define the process and layout.
- Gathered requirements and documented BRD and FSD.
- Conducted Gap Analysis and thereby created Traceability Matrix between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Created Advanced SQL queries using Oracle DB2, SQL Server 2007, Access, Excel for data analysis and validation
- Used Autosys for creating automated jobs and processes.
- Worked with Business Objects to validate financial data.
- Managed entire QA Process thereby creating Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Executed manual and automated testing using HP Quality Center.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing and created end user manual and data dictionary.
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
Project Manager/Lead Business Analyst
- Played key role of project manager and managed the project lifecycle and provided all the deliverables as per SDLC v2.03 and Conducted and created Business Analysis, Data Analysis, QA testing documents required for the NPL A-Frame project
- Created Business Requirements Document using DOORS, Functional Specifications, SRS, Technical Design, Testing Documents
- Conducted Data Analysis for Financial Data using SQL, Access, SAS, and Advanced Excel, and validated financial reports using BOXI project management for the entire release of the project using SDLC 2.03
- Worked with BMC Remedy, CMDB, Business Objects, HP QC tools during the project life cycle
- Project management using Central Program Office tools which provided report to Local Governance Council for the progress of the project and conducted PRR with the SOX and Business team for the final release of the project
- Managed QA Process, UAT thereby creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Scenarios and executed testing in Quality center
Confidential, New Jersey
Lead Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Gathered Requirements and created Business Requirements documentation, Functional Specifications, schedule, and scope changes, conducted requirement analysis from various Business Users in order to design the application
- Analyzed and mapped data using SQL Server, TOAD, Access.
- Obtain key changes including Business Requirements, quality assurance plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services - Extraction Transformation and loading of data.
- Business Process Re-engineering for defining current and future state
- Created Functional and non - Functional requirements which includes descriptive text, screen mock-ups, Use cases, Test plan, Test cases, Scripts/ defect reporting and management/ change management
- Worked Web-based technology tool/ online tool utilizing XML payloads and responses
- UAT, Entire QA testing process - Test Plan, Test Case, executed testing both manual and automated as required across various units/end user training.
Confidential, New York
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Performed extensive Requirement Analysis and created BRD, FSD, Business Glossary, Actors Catalog and Data Dictionary to facilitate the other teams in understanding client business
- Analyzed Cost Analysis, Variance and Gap analysis on data ranging from loans and float to outstanding mortgages for Business Support Team
- Created Business rules, mapping documents, change management trackers in order to migrate to the new financial system and sunset the old system
- Business Process Engineering process defining as - is and future state.
- Provided Training to Business End Users from various financial sectors such as Debt Securities /Bonds, Equities, Funds, Derivatives, Commodities and Foreign exchange
- Ensured traceability between different development artifacts and proper configuration management of the artifacts.
- Conducted UAT process to test the solution by developing test scripts, test cases, test scenarios and defect tracking and resolution process.
Confidential, New York
- Requirements gathering, drafting project proposals, and coordinating project activities.
- Developed prototype of new information processing application and facilitated collection requirements and preparation of business requirement documents (BRD) and function specification document (FSD) in support of risk underwriting strategies for execution by the IT group.
- Identifying the scope of the product, deriving specifications and design for the product line.
- Collaborated with project manager in tracking and managing project development process following RUP based SDLC methodologies.
- Maintained and kept track of stake holder’s requests for enhancements and changes using Rational Clear Quest.
- Prepared Use Cases which provided the Trading Customer with the options to buy or sell securities at market price, for their accounts and activity diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Created test scripts to ensure proper coverage of requirements, validated traceability to use cases.