- Have more than Eight years of experience as a business analyst in software development, implementation, and supportprojects across various industries.
- As a Business Analyst, I was responsible for defining and managing scope and deliverables, conducting requirement gathering sessions, writing business requirements, design specifications, test plans, and end - user training materials.
- Developed system prototypes through storyboards which assisted the client in their marketing and sales.
- Conducted walk throughs at various stages of implementation and end user training.
- Worked extensively with implementing new releases, managing maintenance schedules, adding new enhancements and conducting end to end testing, including System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Collaborated with Developers, Business Users and Stakeholders during life cycle of project.
- End to end working knowledge of HCM business processes such as Hire to Terminate, Time to Payroll and Benefits processes.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in with test planning, test scenario development, and test execution. Participated in functional, system, integration and User Acceptance Testing
- Have strong communication and analytical skills and works effectively in a cross-functional team environment, allows me to learn new processes across various industries to deliver quick results.
- Strong analytical skills
- Project management
- Storyboarding, Use Cases, User Stories, Poker Planning, JAD
- Strong collaborative skills leverage tools:
- Visio, Jira, MS Office, MS Project, Peoplesoft
- Navigating a Matrix Reporting Relationship
- Strong Structured query language (SQL) skills.
- Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall and Spiral.
- Eliciting and specifying project requirements.Workflow Analysis, Business Process Models
- Testing expertise: (Functional, system, integration and User Acceptance Testing)
- CRM, Retail
Confidential, Naperville, IL
Business Analyst - Web and Apps Development
- Captured and authored user stories that capture the requirements and conditions for new requirements / change requests.
- Collaborated with graphic designers to create a user-friendly layout for website, Mobile Web and Apps interface.
- Served as a primary liaison between project business owners and IT development team.
- Used Agile SCRUM methodology for gathering requirements and interpret data from multiple channels as user stories, preparing product backlog, assisting product owner with the product backlog and conducting daily SCRUMs.
- Worked on Integration withpayment gateway, inventory system and email automation software.
- Implemented requirement change process to manage constant changes to the requirements in a startup environment and coordinate the delivery of the project in time.
- Managed business and development priorities to meet rapid and tight deadlines
- Developed end to end test cases, conducted system, integration and UAT testing for quick rollout of incremental functionality.
- Analyzed defects to find root cause of the issues, documented defects, followed up with developers, and other teams on the resolution.
- Involved in revamping of their contract management system.
- Thoroughly studied the inherent systems to have clear understanding of the current business processes and associated system workflow.
- Conducted gap analysis and JAD sessions for refining of requirements in coordination with multiple teams.
- Responsible for creating business process model that depicted all activities and workflow documentation.
- Performed Tests to ensure corporate needs are being met.
- Completed documentation by using industry-standard analysis and documentation technique.
- Participated in various internal testing procedures and provided solutions.
- Develop extensive validation steps and procedures for complex test case scenarios and documenting for execution steps and results during System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression Testing.
ConfidentialQA testing team
- As a part of QA testing team, performed testing of HR, benefits business processes, which included new hire process, employee changes, benefits enrollment, interfaces and reports (PS Query and SQL).
- Conducted testing of employee, manager self-service components across HR and Benefits functions.
- Created test cases based on employee life events that might affect benefits enrollment, based on eligibility and event rules.
- Tested end to end application functionality; including up- and down-stream system interfaces
- Worked with IT teams in troubleshooting complex technical or end user scenarios
- Analyzed client’s first billing statement for accuracy.
- As a part of Agile testing team performed and executed Tested Patches applied.
- Conducted release and regression testing to enable quick rollout of delivered bundles/fixes.
- Collaborated with other team members, developers, technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the rollout of high quality application to production.
Confidential, Itica, NY
- Worked as a Liaison between the clients based in Florida and the developers in India.
- Supervised day-to-day management (customer relations and development).
- Created Use cases with use case diagrams with story boards and detailed requirement document.
- Conducted web conferences stake holders, project managers and team leads at various stages to get the project meet deadlines and complete on time.
- Conducted weekly team meetings and prepared weekly Status Reports. Also, responsible for the invoices generated during the project.
- Coordinated/Participated in the testing of the business requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating, tracking and updating project issues, risks and change controls that impacted the development Team.
- Held discussions with the attorney and reviewed when the client applied for patency of the software.
- Involved in Phase 2 of the project.
- Created a detailed requirements document with options for scalability and simple using.
- Created few mockups of the layouts which included both the web browser and the Executable downloaded.
- Performed extensive market research to create enhancements and futures of the product.
- Co-coordinating with Project Managers for Onsite/Offshore projects.
- Analyzed the business, functional requirements and streamlined the testing activities.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.