- 8+ years of IT experience in different stages of Application & Product development - Analysis, Design & Development in Agile & Waterfall methodology. Excellent communication skills.
- Worked as a scrum Master, product owner, & Business Analyst, Business System analyst.
- Business Process Modeling (BPM), Use Case modeling using UML, Data Modeling, Project Management, Change Management, Software Training, Software Development methodologies, QA testing & Systems Testing, troubleshooting of client server & Web based systems.
- Experience on both Agile & Waterfall Software development methodology.
- Full SDLC experience & experience with projects & Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process (RUP) & Agile Methodology.
- Hands on experience in SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexes in SQL Server with a strong understanding of data & analytics.
- Worked efficiently on multiple projects spanning over different releases at the same time
- Experienced in performing Business Process Reengineering/Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements
- Modified/ transformed data using various Business Intelligence & ETL tools such as Informatica & Ab Initio
- Excellent Understanding of Data warehousing/ETL concepts ¬ Data marts, Star, Snowflake, Fact, fact less, Dimensions, Hierarchy, Measures, cubes Etc
- Transformed business requirements into functional specifications, focusing on workflow analysis & design, business process re-engineering, user interface UI design, & process flow modeling.
- In depth knowledge in the Investment Banking Industry, Project Finance, Credit Card Industry, Mortgage Loan Origination, Loan Servicing, Treasury Services, Brokerage Services, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Asset Wealth Management, Cash Management, Capital Market & Credit Risk Fundamentals, Warranty Claims.
- Proven track record in requirement gathering & analysis, data collection, analysis & evaluation in Information Systems issues, analytical problem solving & decision making, communication & inter-personal skills with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Handled production support from business team for critical & high priority production tickets, which are not solved by customer helpline. Used HP Service Desk (HPSD) tool extensively.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Processes, Design Patterns, Structured & Object-oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP) & UML.
- Expert in MS Office Products such as Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Access, Visio.
- Conducted various JAD sessions with business users & separately with development, QA teams.
- Comprehensive problem-solving abilities, excellent verbal & written communication skills
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power point, Project, Access) Outlook, MS sharepoint, MS Exchange, IBM Lotus Notes
Analysis Tools / Techniques: RUP, UML, Object Oriented Analysis, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Data Modeling, ETL Analysis, Dashboard Design, BRM
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Jira, Test director
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Crystal Reports, Business Objects
Database: SQL server, Oracle, Teradata, MS- Access
Data Access Technologies: Toad, MQ series, stored procedures
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Advanced Server, Windows 2x, Windows NT, UNIX
SDLC: Agile, Waterfall
Operating System: Windows 7, 10, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Linux
Security: Fire wall setup & SSL configuration, MS tooks, One Note, Windows 365
Reengineering Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Worked on One Warranty Solution application also dealt with Mainframe data
- Gathered, Analyzed, & documented customer’s Business & Functional requirements
- Analyzed Production issues
- Worked on Localization requirement gathering- Mexico & French Canada.
- SQL developed & Teradata to pull data & analyzed
- Used HPQC/ ALM to monitor defect status & update
- Identified & documented defects, created new requirements, prepared test data for lower environments
- Perform defect testing for different functions of the application Regression, SIT & UAT test.
- Tested CDS files
- Working with other applications, Gcamp, Gslts, GIVIS, PAWS, test their CDS 9.1 formatted files
- Claim processing as a dealer as well as authoring & an internal user.
- Gathered requirements from the Business, Facilitated other meeting sessions
- Used SQL database to gather data needed to do further analysis
- Facilitated release planning meetings, Defect meetings
- Environment: Windows 10, Oracle SQL developer, HOD, Teradata, MS Visio, SharePoint, SOAPUI
Sr. Business Analyst / Scrum MasterResponsibilities:
- Scrum master role for second half of the project duration after scrum master was promoted.
- Facilitated meetings for the team. Held retrospective meetings
- One on one coaching with team members, mediation through conflicts, helped team made decisions
- Permanently lower the risk of sensitive test data in all development & test environments
- Eliminated the possibility of sensitive data proliferation via network isolation & automated disposal processes.
- Established re-designed access controls limiting future data access & eliminate shared test ID usage without traceability of access within test environments
- Identified the impacts of new fields being scrubbed in the development & test environments.
- Identified the tools that currently capture production data, to be used for development or testing, outside of those tools supported by the Test Center.
- Identified applications who can use the Test Center & if not, document exceptions & implement a solution with the same level of adherence & which allows applications to function & test at an acceptable level.
- Identified those developments & testing activities currently performed on the DEVPLEX
- Created a plan for migrating those & other qualified activities to DEV2.0 & execute the plan.
- Escalated risks & issues to SDiT Program resources. Documented Risk & Issues will be used when appropriate
- Facilitated the identification of dependencies, Document dependencies, Route dependencies & monitor progress of reviews/approvals, monitor dependencies & ensure status is updated, ensure project manager/ planner is informed.
- Helped identify Issues, Document issues, assist with Issue Resolution, monitor issues & ensure status is updated, Ensure Project Manager is informed.
- Organized & facilitate Risk identification sessions, Document risks, assist with risk analysis & risk response planning, monitor risks & ensure status is updated, Ensure Project Manager is informed.
- Prepared Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly reports
Environment: Lotus Notes 8.5, MS Visio, SharePoint, Microsoft office 2010, Excel 2013
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Product Owner / Sr. Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- The Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), commonly known as Confidential is a government sponsored enterprise. The corporation's purpose is to expand the secondary mortgage market by securitizing mortgages in the form of mortgage backed securities (MBS)
- Projects included to build an integrated data warehouse which stores large amount of Loan data.
- Started off as a Business Analyst for the credit enhancement target state project & assisted the analysis team with creating user stories & defining features. Created FR & NFR. Soon after I was the Product owner/Business Analyst for the technical team & currently leading 14 team members.
- Worked with Business team during analysis phase to define features
- Created FR & NFR
- Worked in the Agile methodology
- Interviewed & meetings with Business & Technical Area Experts, asking detailed questions to understood project needs from business standpoint & technical as well.
- Liaison between Business & technology team
- Created Use case scenarios, Gap Analysis
- Created User stories using Gherkin format
- Created state entity diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Created Process flows
- Created Wireframes & UI mockups
- Created data tables for the testing team
- Conducting Requirement Gathering & JAD sessions
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Developed Test Scenarios & documented Test Plans that contains test scripts, test cases, test data & expected results. Used Toad to run SQL queries to get the useful information from database.
- Leading scrum meetings
- Conducted story grooming sessions, sprint planning sessions
- Giving demos during showcase
- Provided clarification to technical team
- Worked with IT team for data Extraction, Transformation & Loading from source systems to destination systems
- Used MS SharePoint to Upload & share various documents, deliverables with other teams & departments
Environment: MS Visio 2007, MS Office 2007, XML, DAT, MS Project, Oracle, Toad, UML, Windows XP, Quality Center, Doors, Agile, Rally, Jira, ALM, Excel
Product Owner/ Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Gathered requirements & conducted interviews with business users & Project Manager to understand the needs of the application.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, & the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Worked on various applications & Conducted Gap analysis between “As is” & “To be” process for the applications. Participated in the Logical & Physical Design sessions & developed Design Documents.
- Used Web Service that checks the background of a vendor
- Identify & analyses business problems & defines the scope of activities required to address the issues, including requirement definition, process review, impact assessment & operational streamlining where appropriate
- Created role-based matrix for these applications & worked with the developer to create applications supporting these roles.
- Responsible for business process modeling, process mapping
- Created DCR (Document collection repository) diagrams in MS Visio to understand the inbound & outbound files, uploading of documents in the applications. Also created diagrams to depict the process flows & use case diagrams for applications related to each other.
- Act as primary communication channel between business areas & Development team
- Created Documentation Analysis reporting, strategy planning, risk analysis, contingency plans for company executives.
- Identified & analyzed business problems & defines the scope of activities required to address the issues, including requirement definition, process review, impact assessment & operational streamlining
- Proficient in creating user stories, epics, maintaining product backlogs & test cases in Agile methodology.
- Documented & tracked all product defects with use of SQL (reporting).
- Managed the Product backlog, including continuously updating the generated the list of tasks to be completed by the development team
- Wrote product backlog items, as well the acceptance criteria. Making sure goals are met
- Dev road map presentation to stakeholders
- Made sure all developers understand the vision of the product & understand what needs to be developed
- Was key part of Sprint planning, story grooming, review, retrospective & daily scrum.
- Worked with stakeholders to determine the content & steps required to deliver the next iteration at a sprint during sprint planning meeting
- Collaborated with team in determining & selecting improvement action during retrospective meetings
- Answered questions & accepted product backlog items as they were completed.
- Empowered to make necessary decisions to maintain the required speed of development. was very decisive, promptly answered development team’s questions
Environment: Microsoft SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Office,, MS Exchange, Microsoft Project, PL/SQL, UML, Iterative Process Methodology, Rally
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Documented as Is processes, To Be processes & identified gaps by conducting Gap Analysis, & documenting impacts to different groups & systems.
- Created UI mock ups & screen prototypes for user feedback using IBM ¬ Rational Rose & Paint.
- Developed the Requirements Management Plan & gathered user & business requirements through open-ended discussions, prototyping & guidance of the compliance department & work environment.
- Implemented Jersey & Spring 3.1 to develop Restful Web Services.
- Interviewed business area experts, asking detailed questions & carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed & understood by both business people & technical people.
- Interacted with the SMEs & stakeholders to get a better understanding of client's business processes.
- Created Epics & user stories for new requirements & working towards completion before the sprints end
- Involved in the analysis of the existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality & data conversion procedure.
- Experienced in testing Credit Cards Originations, Acquisitions & Authorizations
- Performed Data Gap Analysis in current Data warehouse with respect to the product level data
- Understood Data Models, Data Schema, ETL & created extensive store procedures
- Designed data flow & mapping design documents & designed ETL process to extract data from sources & store them to staging tables & also designed ETL process to transform & load data into Data warehouse.
- Created Test data for testing various scenarios involving the creation of Packages, Customers, Accounts for Deposits, Loans, Credit Card applications
- Identified Use Cases from the requirements & wrote Use Case Specifications document.
- Modified/ transformed data using Ab Initio Created Use Cases & Business Use-Case Model after accessing the status & scope of the project & thoroughly understanding the business processes.
- Involved in designing of the system with the system architecture & the development team by translating the business requirements into a functional specification document.
- Worked for ensuring that the final Data warehouse implementation will meet the user expectations
- Actively involved in conducting reviews, walkthroughs & facilitating in requirement definition workshops (JAD) to confirm & playback business requirements for the project.
- Reported status to project management & project owners on a weekly basis.
- Worked on the data mapping project.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement & communication throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Educated clients team & stakeholders on the benefits & risks associated with the project.
- Collaborated with the Development & Testing Teams throughout the SDLC.
- Created reports formats on Performance Metrics for each type of record in the SRMS schema.
- Used SQL Server to write queries, procedures to insert, update, select & delete data from database.
Environment: Rational ClearQuest, Rational Unified Process (RUP), MS Exchange, UML, MSWord, Access, RequisitePro
Business System AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for Gathering Requirements from the Quantitative Analysts, Portfolio Managers & Technical Team to produce Business & Functional Requirements for a Risk Management Application from Data warehouse.
- Prepared (BRDs) to document all existing Files & Data elements to be converted from source system to Target Pre staging.
- Prepared ‘Statement of Work’ documents based on defects or change request documents submitted by the production support/QA team during UA testing.
- Prepared Business Requirement Design Specification & determined in scope & out of scope aspects of the process.
- Responsible for gathering requirements, design & develop data warehousing ETL solutions & delivery reports for Confidential & Finance Team.
- Served as liaison between IT & business users including Accounting & Claims on reporting requirements & system information.
- Performed GAP Analysis, conducted walkthroughs & acted as a liaison between the business users, stakeholders & the team to perform the requirements, quality & risk analysis
- Writing/eliciting Epics & decomposing them into User Stories sized appropriately for the iteration
- Conducted JAD sessions, analyzed & documented the business requirements from various teams & stakeholders.
- Identified the limitations users currently experience in the operational reports obtained from current systems & recommended solutions to overcome these limitations.
- Excellent Understanding of Data warehousing concepts ¬ Data marts, Star, Snowflake, Fact, fact less, Dimensions, Hierarchy, Measures, cubes Etc.
- Suggested measures & fine tune queries to improve the performance of each Interface & the quality of the output files.
- Used daily contribution & payroll reports to create & update expanded schedules for each employer to be used in Trustee reporting & arbitration procedures.
- Communicated with the accounting personnel to ensure that contract reporting, & payment requirements are met.
- Performed complex analysis of accounts receivable, contributions received, & payroll data determine accuracy, identify exceptions, trends, & estimate future contributions maintain Delinquency Report
- Coordinated the activities of subordinates in the Interface Team & organize weekly status Meetings.
- Performed financial research & analysis as necessary & respond to data requests & additional projects & responsibilities as assigned.
- Crystal Reports was used to generate reports from different databases of different asset classes like equities, bonds, derivatives, & commodities, for all business needs.
Environment: Microsoft SharePoint, Enterprise Data warehouse, ETL, Informatica Power Center, Net, MS Visio, MS Office, Microsoft Project, UML & Data Stage, Iterative Process Methodology.
Confidential,Saint Paul, MN
- Communicated with Line of Business & created Business Requirements Document (BRD), High
- Level Diagram (HLD), & part of Low Level Diagram (LLD).
- Conducted walkthrough for Line of Business, Development team, & Quality Assurance team.
- Facilitated system maintenance & enhancement through design documents, process flow diagrams use case diagrams etc.
- Analyzed system impacts as a result of proposed changes. It entailed interaction with other systems users & Subject Matter Experts (SME) s.
- Designed screen layouts for proposed solutions, user interactions.
- Understanding the specifications for Data warehouse ETL Processes & interacting with the data analysts & the end users for informational requirements.
- Tracked the project flow & acquired sign offs from Business, System Development & Quality Analysis team.
- Created Documentation Analysis reporting, architectural presentations, infrastructure specifications, strategy planning, risk analysis, contingency plans for company executives.
- Implemented new policy changes, legal requirements by creating the Business Requirement, detailed Technical Requirement, User Requirement documents etc.
- Provided solution for database requirements by designing controls, data fields & data formats.
- Worked in legacy system migration from Lotus Notes to Oracle.
- Used different in house software to track data flow, system interactions, system defects, service requests & responses.
Environment: SharePoint, PL/SQL, Quality Center, UML, MS Project, MS Office Suite, .NET