- Over 9 years of professional experience as a Business Analyst with excellent understanding, analyzing, and documenting Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Business Process Flow, Business Process Mapping, and Modeling.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Use Cases, Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), Object - oriented Analysis and Design, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Rational tools used during all four phases of RUP: Inception, Elaboration, Construction, and Transition.
- Worked on Defined Contribution plans, 401(k), 403(b), Roth IRA with strong knowledge of retirement plans and the business rules associated.
- Excellent understanding of Financial Instruments (Stocks, Corporate and Government Bonds, CDs, MBS, Derivatives) and regulatory and compliance reporting.
- Knowledge of Accounting Cycle, US GAAP, and familiarity with IFRS framework adopted by IASB.
- Experience in preparation of Deliverables, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), detailed Functional Specifications and Non-Functional Specifications, developing Use Cases and Test Cases.
- Conducted GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, and Impact Analysis, modeling Businesses Processes, and prepared Training Manuals and Knowledge Transfer manuals.
- Expertise in creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, as well as Data Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Flow Charts using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Experience in working with QA Teams in defining the Test Plans and Test Cases, and conducting User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience developing web-based applications, wireframes, mockups etc.
- Experience gathering business requirements for integration points including downstream/upstream interface requirements.
- Proficiency in business requirement gathering techniques, conducting JAD and RAD sessions and meetings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills.
Platforms: Windows 2000/XP/NT, UNIX.
Methodologies: JAD, RAD, SDLC, Waterfall.
Programming Language: C++,Java1.4/J2EE,VC++,SAS.HTML,SQL,Perl,Shell scripting
Modeling & Analysis tools: UML (Unified Modeling Language) Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio.
Office Tools: MS Project, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
Finance Systems: Reuters 3000 Xtra, Bloomberg, Neat, NeatPlus.
Financial Database: Hoover's, Factiva, Business Source Premier.
Databases: Oracle 8.1/9i, PL/SQL Developer, MS Access.
Software Tools/Utilities: MS Project, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Excel, Macromedia Studio, IBM Lotus Notes
Reporting tool: Crystal, Cognos
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, ILResponsibilities:
- Worked on Fixed Income, Bonds and Bond Trading Cycle, Equities and Equity Trade Cycle, Derivatives (Options and Futures), Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, and Sales and Marketing.
- Responsible for developing and supporting requirements for service flow of Corporate Actions, Corporate actions response, Currency, Free movement, Mutual Fund Order and execution, Non-financial transactions and trading operational processing in Comerica's global wealth management platform.
- Conducted User Interviews and Work Shops to gather accurate Business Requirements
- Served as a liaison between the business team and the technical team by identifying, understanding, and documenting their needs.
- Assisted in identifying and quantifying Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Market Risk
- Analyze requirements utilizing various methods. (E.g. sample data from SQL queries, Screen Shots, reports, prototype screens, sourcing information, and other data models.)
- Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Created the SQL scripts for demonstrating the prototypes and for verifying the result sets
- Collected information and requirements about different Entities and attributes from FDS.
- Completed GAP analysis in detail on all entities in CCL for a source system.
- Prepared questionnaire based on the System Analysis Performed for all entities.
- Conducted extensive Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for all business related issues.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Involve in manual and automated testing for both front-end and backend. Extensively used automated test tools of Mercury like Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Win Runner, Test Director, Performance and Load Runner Testing.
- Designed & developed the payroll outsourcing module for a 401(k)/403(b) plan sponsor application for a major mutual fund company.
- Implemented full project lifecycle phases including Requirements Gatherings, Design and Analysis, Construction, Integration, Quality Assurance, and Installation.
- Implemented the concept of Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Schemas and Extensible Markup Language (XML) while auditing.
- Implemented and Used SWIFT messaging system to test the flow of messages from and into the new system and was also involved in ETL process
- Responsible for applying object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles to create domain models using UML
- Review requirements and understand technical recommendations and constraints, and develop comprehensive and accurate functional specifications; Data Mapping, and process flows.
- Analyzed the system from both Technical and Business perspectives and prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Worked with other BAs to make an Object Oriented Model of the application and create Use Cases.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) using Rational Rose according to the UML methodology to define business processes.
- Performed Gap Analysis by identifying existing technologies and documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Business Requirement Document Specifications using MS Visio, MS Word and MS Excel
- Developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Used MS Project to manage project time lines
- Extensive use of Excel to create Functional Specification Documents & Templates.
- Collected and Documented Business Processes and participated in building a Business Process Model.
- Worked with the development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Prepared project related Presentations and provided Reports to Higher Management.
- Worked with the Quality Assurance lead to develop detailed Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and the business users. The errors that were discovered were fixed and then verified via Regression Testing.
- Participated in development of Training Materials for the new technology and organizing User Training.
- Provided superior client interaction to make sure all needs were met.
Confidential, Charlotte, NCResponsibilities:
- Interview business area experts asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people
- Creating input/output data requirements as well as authoring business rules of Defined Contribution (401-K / 403-B)
- Analyze Risks, documented Risk Logs and created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) as a roadmap for the 'TO BE' system
- Performed GAP Analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Introduced and successfully demonstrated Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques which included Domain Modeling.
- Developed SOAP based xml message interaction infrastructure, for order management.
- Evaluate technical requirements Created System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Systems Design Specifications (SDS) and System Information sheets to provide concrete inputs for the data mapping processes for Account Analysis, PayPlus & PAM systems, Signature Snippets Data Conversion
- Conducting JAD Sessions to resolve open issues, change requests so that the application meets the business requirements and dead lines
- Facilitating Acceptance Testing of the entire Pension Plan implementation by the Actuaries.
- Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis in MS project.
- Been a part of Architecture and modeling team and have used SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Worked in mainframe environment and used SQL to query various reporting databases.
- Interact and negotiate with Vendors to complete the tasks related to data conversion
- Was involved in the Test Plan document preparation.
- Responsible for creating UML modeling plans, Use cases, process flows, Wire Frames and business requirements documentation using Visio, CaliberRM and Star Team.
- Developed and designed the test cases for different modules of finance referring to the test plan document and analyzing the test rules.
- Identified, prioritized and designed various test scenarios.
- Used Quality Center/Test Director for requirement management, test planning, scheduling, executing test cases, managing and tracking defects.
- Extensive success in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) in an SOA environment.
- Tracked the defects in legacy reports as per account managers and end users. Compared the results and tracked the differences in excel
- Customized the test scripts using check points, synchronization and parameterization of data.
- Automation of test scripts was done using QTP for test re-usability of different online transaction modules.
- Involved in converting User requirements into business requirements, functional and technical requirements using Rational Requisite Pro and also created business process models from the requirement specs
Confidential, Phoenix, AZResponsibilities:
- Obtaining a detailed knowledge of the business process being followed in the project environment.
- Prepared Business Object / Business Process Models that included modeling of all the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Extracted the business requirements from the stakeholders keeping in mind their need for the application and documenting them using Rational ReqPro.
- Involved in put or call options that protects an investor from foreign - exchange risk for a future sale or purchase of a specified foreign-equity portfolio.
- The Credit Risk Evaluator Project is an integrated customer - controlled platform for credit risk management. It is a powerful tool for measuring and monitoring and managing credit risk, thereby offering a broad range of analytical Capabilities and user control.
- The platform enabled institutions to estimate and stress credit risk measures and rating estimates by using scorecards/models.
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- Analyzed Business Requirements performed gap analysis and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Extensively worked on the ETL mappings, analysis and documentation of OLAP reports requirements
- Interacted with database developers for formulating the ER diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Created cross-functional flow chart using MS Visio.
- Used 3rd tool Crystal for ad-hoc reporting.
- Undertook back end testing using SQL and wrote queries.
- Effective communication made possible between the developers and the end-clients to guarantee that development efforts were within the scope of the project and the development was as expected.
- Supported traders for front office operations like order management.
- Held regular JAD meetings with the system architects, developers, database developers, and quality testers during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- Carried out defect control and change control in Clear Quest.