- Over 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst & Quality Assurance Analyst in Finance, E - commerce, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare and Banking Industries.
- Expert in SDLC - Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD),Gap Analysis,Feasibility Studies and Impact Analysis andorganized the software requirements in a structured way.
- Experience in Data warehousing, CMS, CRM and Multiple Systems Integrations.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence concepts: Data warehousing, facts, dimensions, data maps, conversions, data dictionaries etc.
- Understanding of CMS System: Digital Asset Management, Workflows, Content Management, security and roles based access etc.
- Worked on Mobile platforms (Android & iOS) and Web applications.
- Experience in project management work such as creating Business Case documents, RACI matrices, Project Charters, SWOT Analysis.
- Expert in creating deliverables like Business Requirements Documents, Scoping Documents, Gap Analysis Documents, Impact Analysis Documents, and Use case Documents.
- Experience in working with Agile Deliverables like Product backlogs, User Stories with detailed Narratives and Acceptance Criteria.
- Experience with UI/ UX wire framing and mock ups using MS Visio, Balsamiq and Axure.
- Managed the Change Management Process during development and production environment.
- Experience in creating SIT & UAT Test Plans, maintaining Traceability Matrix, developing test cases and managing defects from Open to Close.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries for data validation.
- Experience in coordinating UAT.
- Experience in compliance of SOX, PCI and HIPAA guidelines.
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Worked with off shore Teams.
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Edraw, Balsamiq
Testing Tools: Quality Center, ALM, JIRA
Methodologies: Agile SCRUM, SDLC
Packages: MS Office, MS Project, MS Reporting Services, Oracle, Lotus Notes
Confidential, West Chicago, ILBusiness Analyst
- Worked with the business to understand their needs and benefits of the projects and created a scoping document.
- Worked with different IT teams to get estimates on the high level requirements and get estimates for their effort and created a use case for the project and got the project funding approved by the management.
- Helped the product owner determine the constraints of the machinery so that customization options can be limited based on physical constraints of the machinery. Included the constraints as business rules in the user stories.
- Worked with the product owner to create a product backlog.
- Participated in the Planning Sprint; Maintained and updated the backlog in JIRA as it got prioritized and estimated.
- Participated in Daily stand ups and updated the team on my progress.
- Maintained the scrum board in JIRA.
- Worked on grooming the user stories (adding rules & acceptance criteria) that were assigned to each sprint.
- Created raw wireframes and worked with the UX department to get them finalized and included them in the story.
- Performed Data analysis by doing VlOOKUP in excel and also ran SQL queries to ensure that there are no data gaps.
- Worked on the mapping document for ETL from MS Access DB to Oracle based tables.
- Worked on reporting user stories and created excel mock ups as an addendum. Added facts and dimensions to the user stories.
- Worked with the solutions architects, data designers, developers and IS security teams to help them fully comprehend the requirements.
- Tested the features as they were deployed in the QA environment.
- Helped the QA Analyst as they executed the test cases.
- Opened defects in JIRA.
- Helped the business with the UAT during hardening sprint.
- Did functionality test after deployment into production.
- Created training material for the engineers and workers on the floor for the new order management through SAM.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OHBusiness Analyst
- Liaised with business and functional owners during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Defined and documented clear and complete detailed business requirements and functional specifications using the SDLC methodology from the Business team.
- Documentation completed include business requirement documents (BRD), functional specifications document (FSD), technical specification document, joint requirement document (JRD), high level design documents (HLD), use cases, gap analysis, test scripts, training materials.
- Organized meeting with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements and System Requirements.
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring that accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Applied change requests, versions, and addendum.
- Developed use cases, work flow, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements.
- Conducted risk engineering to derive and execute action plans on time.
- Prioritized business and systems problems; analyzed legislation and conducted impact analysis.
- Prepared business process models; used Visio to create Use Case diagrams and business process flow.
- Key contact for Client interface during System Testing, User Acceptance Test (UAT)phases. Manage all reporting, test metrics and scope estimating; and provide ongoing support to application development project manager.
- Served as a liaison between the project and groups, always promoting a positive message about system enhancements and facilitating the transition from one application to another.
- Prepared Test plan, Entry criteria, Exit criteria, Target user list, testing activities plan.
- Prepared Test conditions and Test cases.
- Managed defects in HP Quality Center/ HP ALM.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Go Live Support call and to keep track of the issue log following up on Go live calls in assisting the Project Manager.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WIBusiness Analyst
- Worked as a Business Analyst/Co- Scrum Master.
- Attended meetings with Product Manager to update the SCRUM Team backlog.
- Participated in Stand up sessions and sprint planning, kick off and wrap up meetings.
- Worked closely with the Product Manager and the Scrum Master to select the Sprint backlog items based on the priority conversation with business and the complexity level.
- Added this list to requirements to the Scrum team Backlog.
- Worked closely with the Subject Matter Experts to develop and understand the process flow diagrams.
- Prepared & conducted User focus Groupsessions with key business team members to capitalize on the synergy of a groupand followed up later with findings and updates.
- Acted as a Proxy product owner for business during development.
- Conducted SWOT Analysis as a strategic planning tool to evaluate risks.
- Setup meetings with Business to get buy-in on the priority of the tasks being handled within each sprint.
- Communicated this prioritized list of tasks back to the Scrum Master (project manager) of the scrum team.
- Created and maintained Sprint release document.
- Discussed all issues with Developers and Other Team Members, and gave them overviews of the Business need early on.
- Interviewed business users to gather requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by co-coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Developed user stories, workflow, screen mock-ups and conversion requirements.
- Defined user phrase, narrative and acceptance criteria within the user story.
- Wrote user stories for all level of complexities (UI to minor functional development to major multi unit functionality)
- Worked with IBM Cognos for Intelligence Reporting of Inventory at Warehouses.
- Created Report mock ups with Sample Data.
- Used Pivot tables and v-lookup to sort data.
- Modified the MDM (Master Data Management) data dictionary.
- Touched base daily with development and testing teams.
- Supported the Scrum Master in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes and conduct project related presentations. Supported in maintaining the burn down chart.
- Reviewed completed and remaining work with Scrum Master.
- Conducted BAT (Build Acceptance Testing).
- Helped Business team in defining SLAs (service level agreements)
- Coordinated Demo of developed functionality with business.
- Managed Requirements churn.
- Co-led the “Sprint Review meetings”
- Developed and rolled-out of Knowledge Management Portal for the Retail and Consumer Vertical.
Confidential, Aurora, ILQuality Assurance Analyst
- Functioned as an interface among stakeholders to capture, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business process and information systems.
- Gathered requirements from business users to have a clear understanding of the business process and expectations.
- Led teams to elicit and review business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and other artifacts and communicated final outcomes to business and technical teams.
- Worked with Marcel Media UX team to create workable models for the redesign.
- Worked with the Marcel Media content advisors for SEO (search engine optimization) tag words and to create sitemap.
- Worked to gather requirements for Digital Asset Management, Workflows, Content Management, security and roles based access etc.
- Worked closely with vendor staff to assist in process redesign needed for realization of business goals.
- Marcel media QA team also reached out to me for clarification on requirements.
- Strong involvement with QA team to develop test approaches and methods for unit, integration, functional testing, load, and usability testing according to applications complexity and test requirement.
- Create Test Plan and cases. Participated in UAT before project go-live.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PAQuality Assurance Analyst
- Collaborated in the design, automation and implementation of business processes. Acted as the liaison between department management and the development team.
- Led and managed the implementation of Business Credit Card Taxonomy system.
- Created Functional Requirementsdocument and statement formatting style sheets with the help of the UX team.
- Supported Business Requirement owners in determining the project scope and the overall feasibility of software functionality based on budget and resource hours.
- Acted as a business resource expert between Executive Management, Development Contractors and Business Owners to ensure the quality assurance of the credit card application processing system.
- Acted as a vendor liaison to implement new releases to Credit Card Taxonomy System.
- Directed cross-functional teams, managed Quality Assurance and UAT Testing initiatives to insure timely delivery of projects.
- Worked on the reporting requirements; creating Excel mock upsnoting facts and dimensions and created data dictionaryetc.
- Worked with the legal department to ensure that the requirements are SOX & PCI compliant.
ConfidentialQuality Assurance Analyst
- Facilitated business process workshops with multiple groups of stakeholders &PeopleSoft SMEs for identifying gaps and redundancies.
- Prepared AS IS and TO BE swim lane process flow diagrams.
- Provided business process improvement solutions.
- Worked closely with the developers to ensure that the business requirements are implemented correctly.
- Worked with the testers to ensure test cases are executed and defects managed and resolved quickly.
- Worked hand in hand with the UAT teams.
- Worked on post production defects.