- 10 years of Industry experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design. Requirement Engineering, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Performance Tuning of Applications.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and requirements gathering and writing system functional specifications including use cases.
- Expertise in UML (class diagrams, object diagrams, GAP Analysis, use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and collaboration diagrams) as a data analysis methodology for application functionality designs using IBM’s Rational Rose.
- Extensive experience working with vendor e - commerce tools like Microsoft commerce as well as helping construct and integrate in-house ecommerce applications.
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data ware house/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Business Objects Modules (Reporter, Supervisor, Designer, and Web Intelligence).
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents
- Proven success as a data analyst through the years, providing a well-balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, and technical solutions.
- Professional experience in data analysis, operations management and development, design, documentation and testing.
- Effective in executing multiple tasks and assignments ahead of schedule. Created and maintained effective budgets.
- Exposure to Client/Server, Web Application developmental tools and Software development and design.
- Effective in executing multiple tasks and assignments ahead of schedule. Created and maintained effective budget.
Software/Hardware: OOAD (OOA/OOD), RUP, UML, SDLC, Waterfall, QA, WAP, CVS, TEAMMATE, MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DBA, DB2. ATG, Windows /XP, basic UNIX,, basic DHTML, basic XML, XSLT, MS Office Suite-Excel Macros, Project, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Rational- Rational Rose, Agile, Rational XDE, DOORS, Cobol,RequisitePro, CaliberRM, Crystal Reports, C, C++, Sharepoint, Docushare, BASIC, Intermediate level-Visual Basic.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Business System Analyst
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared vision statement and initial data models that contain Business Requirement Documents and supporting documents that contain the essential business elements and detailed definitions.
- Gathered requirements for corporate retails systems for future Point of Sale POS, IT Service Desk, Raymark Clarience, Productivity Per Hour Reporting, and Off-Site Storage.
- Wrote all Business Requirements Documents for reports using MicroStrategy(Report Suite) Desktop Designer to design, create, and maintain an Business intelligence system from a single interface. These reports were used to work with the Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL and Database Warehouse Developers.
- Involvement in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (S.D.L.C), employing different Software Engineering Processes including Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Agile methodologies.
- Tested same rule instance, in a Data Stage flow for computational purposes and in the DPI portal for display purposes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Include integrating new chain into existing systems which encompassed, gap analysis, specific brand requirements and full POS integration
- Wrote PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in Oracle for extracting as well as writing data.
- Update project plan for IT Retail area relating to future Point of Sale POS Support Commissions Other Projects.
- Functional responsibilities included performing GUI Testing, System testing, Database testing, Usability testing, and Regression Testing.
- Performed the data mapping for the new Web services elements between Front end, Middleware & Back end systems.
- Executed the test cases manually for various job submissions in batch processing by using the Test Director/Mercury Quality Center.
- Determined project scope and engineering requirements, estimated schedules, tracked item completion, certified milestones and maintained project documentation and corporate e-commerce web site Testing.
- Analyzed requirementsand compiled functional specifications, wireframes, customer requirements, feature-set, and design documents.
- Creating weekly JIRA status reports and tracking status of enhancements, defects and tasks weekly.
- Develop automated test scripts using QTP, enhanced the scripts inserting checkpoints, parameters, synchronized the scripts and saved the same for regression testing.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Business Process Models.
- Wrote Test Cases in MS Excel for user registration, access to training material, and activity log-in, reviewed the test cases and finalized.
- Helped in the implementation of MS share point 2007 in the company, as a document handler.
- Supervise and manage projects throughout SDLC to ensure that project management methodology based on RUP is followed during the project lifecycle using MS Project and NIKU Workbench.
- Planned and defined Use Cases created Use Case diagrams, Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies.
- Used XML, XSL and XSLT for developing a dynamic and flexible system for handling data.
- Utilized SharePoint Business Intelligence Reporting Solutions for effective program collaboration and management.
- Involve in daily defect meetings during testing phase and extensively worked throughout defect life cycle from opening to closure using HP Quality Center.
- Was involved n the creation of new E-Commerce Products (Arrival Notices and Customized Reporting)
- Performed the requirement analysis and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro
- Tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling, Process mapping and Business Process flow diagrams.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered requirements for catalog browsing and inventory availability for a Websphere Commerce WCS store and transition of requirements to Functional specification.
- Gathered requirements for order history, order list, order details, cancel order and return label and retrieval of data from IBM Sterling Ecommerce suite.
- Experience working with IBM Websphere commerce and IBM Sterling Commerce applications for fulfillment, inventory, pricing and order management.
- Created High level architectural diagram of the flow of xml web service request and response between various systems.
- Created epics, high level user stories and decomposing of high level stories into low level stories.
- Experience working on mobile apps requirements and analysis. Provided ideas and options to enhance some of the business proposed solutions.
- Responsible for coordination of user and integration testing, for all mobile web and mobile apps projects.
- Understanding of SQL, XML, and XSD (schemas)
- Analyze and mine data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse to explain trends that appear on standard reports.
- Conducted session/workshops to explain web services requests and responses elements created as part of the requirements to development teams, ESB teams, back end IBM sterling team and testers.
- Worked with business experts to gather and document the business requirements necessary to enhance the production inpatient coding compliance business intelligence system.
- Organized and facilitated JAD sessions as required with fellow Analysts, decision makers, users, key member(s) from the development team, system architect thereby developed the vision/scope of the system.
- Extensively Worked with XML to read and understand the underlying schemas and also to enable communication (Response and Request) between systems.
- Created and supplied the Qlikview team all the SQL scripts need to pull the data for all the data points in the Qlikview dashboards created for reporting.
- Extensively worked with middleware web service development team like ESB Enterprise Service Bus and Web Logic teams.
- Involved in the end-to-end test using QTP and responsible for the Quality-Assurance of this application to complete in record time.
- Played crucial role in all the stages of the Rational Unified Process including testing and system integration. Assisted the testing team in User Acceptance Testing and heavily involved during business validation and user sign-off.
- Gathered requirements, created user stories using Version One, documented use cases using MS Blueprint and UI design Mock ups
- Written automated test scripts for Functional, GUI validation, System, Data driven, Regression and UAT testing using Quick Test Professional.
- Establish documentation for Agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team.
- Provide business intelligence analysis to decision-makers using an interactive OLAP tool
- Worked with the cross-functional mobile apps team to ensure that all the requirements were compliant with overall project goal and scope.
- Participated in User Story Estimation, User Story Prioritization, Sprints, User Story Testing, and Project Documentation.
- Creates UI Wireframes for Product List pages, Product Detail pages and Brand Pages.
- Extensively worked on creating UI Wireframes, Prototypes using HTML code.
- Interacted with the SMEs and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Extensively used XML, XSL and XSLT for transferring and transforming data.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
Business Systems Analyst
- Interviewed stake holders and users to discover and document their business processes and performed domain analysis.
- Process Modeling Sessions & JAD Workshops Lead efforts in identifying Analyzing, defining, documenting and translating High-level business requirements into clearly articulated, detailed functional specifications, Lead efforts in Creation of Business Process Flow Diagrams.
- Developed design prototype of new risk management solution. Met with client groups to determine user requirements and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- Conduct End-to-End, Manual Testing of the system and prepared and managed test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Elicit requirements and develop wireframes for functional requirements. Indicate the UI/UX needs of the business.
- Wrote user interface guidelines for field service mobile apps to ensure that developers were coding to a standard "look and feel" which improved developer productivity.
- Develop automated test scripts using QTP, enhanced the scripts inserting checkpoints, parameters, synchronized the scripts and saved the same for Regression testing.
- Elicited requirements for Agile projects by documenting User stories, Product Backlog's and Acceptance Criteria.
- Conducted Business Review meting and IT SME review meeting. Created Customer Requirements and Functional Requirement Documents.
- Use Quality Center as the test repository and used it for executing the test cases and scripts and logging & generating various reports and graphs for further analysis.
- Worked closely with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team and Business Intelligence Architecture team to understand repository objects that support the business requirement and process.
- Collaborated with development architect and the business to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Write SQL queries to test Data Integrity, Referential Integrity and performed Database Testing for the Application.
- Coordinated meetings between the developers and the QA team in creating the Test Plan and Test Cases. Conducted testing using Cucumber technique.
- Used MS Visio to develop wireframes and user flows for business processes.
- Conducted training sessions on client site on new versions of Web Dashboard and Merchant Mobile apps.
- Analyzed business process requirements, defined functional and non-functional software requirements, which were captured in Rational RequisitePro. Simultaneously performed Use Case Analysis, Identified Actors, developed Use Case Models in Rational Rose and use case specification documents in an iterative and incremental fashion.
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.)
- Created Traceability Matrix, attributes for the requirements utilizing RequisitePro
- Creation of Test case scenarios, Created Context Diagrams, Process Flows, Data flows.
- Communicated requirements and changes to cross-functional teams as appropriate in a timely manner there by continuously representing and ensuring that stakeholders/users needs are being met. Informed project managers about the progress of the project through PowerPoint presentation
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with the business community to define business requirements and analyze the functional requirements and gathered the requirement from stakeholder and SME's.
- Authored the Business Document as well as High-Level Project Plan on the Project Scope
- Designed and developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams using Rational Rose to define the Business Process and Data Process model
- Assisting in developing and shaping solutions for clients (web sites, web-based applications, etc.) that solve tangible business problems.
- Performed Unit and Integration testing with the development team as well as User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing of the application using QTP, Quality Center and Jira.
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions and walkthroughs between technical and regulatory teams for meeting requirements.
- Involved in reporting the schedule and the plan of the project using Business Intelligence.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups. Identified the Key Changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them.
- Used HP Quality Center for storing, maintaining the test repository, bug tracking and reporting.
- Participated in Data Analysis and Design and data mining with the Data analyst in defining data sources and required data content for the data warehouse component.
- Used QTP and QC to automate Test Scripts and Manage.
- Involved in creating Wire frames with the creative team as per the Requirements.
- Gathered requirements from the end-users and acted as a liaison between the end-users and the development team and QA team.
- Created test cases, test scenarios and test scripts needed for performing continuous integration testing.
- Responsible for triaging of defects during the UAT Phase.
- Designed Use Cases and Use Case diagrams to develop Business Requirements and converted Business Requirements Specification into Functional Specification Document FSD using Microsoft Blueprint Requirement center.