- A Business Analyst with 4 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), involved in various phases like Requirement elicitation, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
- In depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using various methodologies like Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall Methodology.
- Reviewed and assessed the information gathered, defined key facts and issues, identified potential problems and facilitated problem resolution.
- Authored business and system requirements analyses and functional specifications with supporting business process flows (data modeling), Traceability matrices, risk analyses and concept of operations for systems utilizing company standards, processes, and procedures.
- Interacted with large teams of testers and developers through excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Involved in generating business requirements (BRD), functional specifications (FSD/FRD), detailed design specifications, use cases and UML diagrams to communicate the intended system functionality to the development team.
- Involved in documenting test plans, test cases, and solving UAT issues.
- Skilled in Requirement Analysis, Use Case development, UML/BPMN Modeling with Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data flow, Context diagram, and process flow diagrams using MS Visio
- Acted as a liaison between the development team and the management team to resolve any conflicts in terms of requirements.
- Good communication and customer service skills, Responsible, self - motivated and organized, excellent written and verbal skills.
- Motivated self-starter with good team building, leadership, interpersonal, and learning skills.
Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Requisite Pro, SharePoint, MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Project, Outlook, Power Center 9.1, TOAD, Adobe, JIRA, Balsamiq, Confluence
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Languages: Java, UML/BPMN, HTML, CSS
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Worked with the end users to define business requirements and analyze the possible technical solutions.
- Analyzed the Business and System Requirements of the MS Dynamics 2015 application.
- Managed all the customization of the tool, such as, user set up, business rules, teams, editing sitemap, dialogs/workflows, option sets.
- Created new entities, and used out of box entities to fulfill user requirements.
- Managing daily data imports from other tools like SAP.
- Using export/reimport or excel functionality to fix/update corrupt data.
- Developed Business requirement documents, Functional documents, user stories, acceptance criteria.
- Analyzed user problems and helped automate those using workflows, business rules and collaborated with developers to implement code.
- Held daily scrum meetings to go over requirements, open issues and change requests.
- Resolved tickets created by end users.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Collaborated with remote teams located in different countries to resolve issue and/or implement new requirements.
Environment: MS Dynamics CRM (2011, 2015,2016), UML, MSOffice 2016, MS Visio, MS Server 2012, SQL, MS Outlook, Jira, Confluence
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in gathering requirements and creating user requirements, managing change control process, updating existing documentation.
- Created Data Flow Diagram for the data collecting Application continuously improving them using an agile development approach.
- Extensive interactions with the client and the management team to understand the business needs.
- Involved in designing Use Case Diagram, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram for project documentation
- Acted as a product owner to elicit business needs and create user stories.
- Analyzed user statement of requirements to develop new reports
- Wrote standard SQL Queries to perform Data Validation to make sure test results matched back to expected results based on the user needs.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Conducted JAD sessions to develop an architectural solution that met the business requirement as well as resolve open issues and change request.
- Conducted daily Scrum meetings, worked on product backlog to prioritize the requirements.
- Communicated and collaborated with clients to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver Use Cases, GUI, Screens and Interface Designs.
- Collaborated with developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
Environment: UML, MSOffice, MS Visio, MSSQL Server 2012, SQL, MS Outlook
Jr. Business Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Worked with the business users to define business requirements and analyze the possible technical solutions.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed, and documented Business requirements based on the analysis of loan processing workflow model.
- Modeled AS IS and TO BE process flow diagrams using MS Visio
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and gap analyses to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Analyzed the Business and System Requirements of the application.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Co-author business requirements document with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members
- Assisted the testing team in developing the Test plans for quality assurance based on functional requirements.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Developer.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for various web based and database related applications.
- Interacting with the development and testing teams to improve overall quality of the software.
- Based on the business requirements, created Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Script documents to test the Business Objects reports.
- Analyzed user problems, including automated and manual business processes and identified, researched, investigated, defined and documented business processes.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: MS office 2010, MS Visio, MS Project, Informatica Power Center 9.1, Rational Test Manager