- Big Data Analytics Solution Architecture experience in Fortune 500 Enterprise environments
- Financial Services: Gathered Requirements from Senior Management, Designed Solution, and led deployment of custom Big Data Dashboards and Data Cubes for Senior Management for Bank of America.
- Defined Requirements, Designed Solution, and led Development and Deployment of an OLAP Reporting Solution designed to provide business intelligence, descriptive and predictive Data Analytics to Bank of America Management.
- Led creation of new Data Models instrumental in Advanced Data Analytics at Bank of America.
- Created Data Visualization reports based on Big Data Analytics
- High proficiency with reporting tools such as SQL, SAS macros, SAS stored processes, SQL server stored processes, Hadoop, Tableau, R Programming, Excel advanced reporting
- Advanced experience in Cloud applications and data integration
- Experienced in articulating solution “pros and cons”, gaining alignment across LOB’s, and driving solution forward.
- Excellent Soft Skills and ability to translate Business Requirements and objectives into Solution Design and ultimately Deployment, communicate effectively with Senior or Executive Management, conflict resolution, and crisp and customized status reporting.
- Excellent creative and analytical skills and experienced working in consultative and collaborative solution development and recommendations, interpersonal and presentation skills to facilitate overall Solution Design, Requirements gathering and confirmation, enterprise coordination and facilitation across lines of business.
- Broad Experience as a Developer, Solution Architect, Integration Architect, Solution Lead, and Project Management including status, WBS creation, Scope Management, Scheduling, Risk and Issue Management.
BI Products and Skills: Essbase, SAS Portal, SAS Stored processes, SQL, SQLPlus, PL/SQL, MS stored procedures, SAS 9.2 EBI, SAS 9.1.3, SAS administration tools, SAS OLAP, SAS Data Integration Studio (SAS DI), Advanced Excel reporting, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS web applications for reporting and analysis (SAS Portal and SAS Web Report Studio) and data integration applications.
Java Skill Set: Data Model design and creation from Conceptual Models to Logical Models feeding into various schema frameworks: CA ERWIN, Oracle SQL Dev Data Modeler, Sparx, Confidential InfoSphere Data Architect, J2EE (multi - tier) JSP, Servlets, JAVA Beans (EJB), JDBC
Database Systems: SQLPLEX, DB2, MS SQL Server, SAS 9.1.3, SAS SPDS, Oracle 8, Oracle 8i, Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL 4.x, Lotus Notes, DB2, Soft Layer Schema
Business Modeling and CASE Tools: Rational Rose, Erwin, BPwin, Process Analyst, Data Architect, Visio
Design Patterns and Methodologies: MVC, UML, RUP, Agile, SCRUM, Extended Entity Relational Model (ERR), Logic Relational Model, Iterative Software Development, Cascade Software Development, Waterfall
OS and Tools: Linux, Unix, Confidential AIX 5L, Solaris 8, Solaris 10, Windows 98/2000/NT/XP, JAMS, Essbase Administration Console, Essbase Integration Server, Essbase Viewer, Maestro scheduler, BAC SCCS version control tool, Apache Web Server, WebLogic Application Server 8.1, Xythos (webDav), Tomcat, Oracle Application Server
Hadoop, Soft Layer Server and Data Base Virtualization, Logical Partitions, integrations, Python, R, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Tableau design, development, Data Cube design and development, integration with Data Analytics Reports, Design and Development of customized Data Dashboard Displays, SLA Data Dashboards
BSA - Business Systems Analyst
- Work with Confidential stakeholders to drive and document key functional and non-functional requirements
- Lead Workstreams through requirements, solution design, coding, testing and Go-Live
- Enhanced process for gathering requirements enterprise coordination
- Developed custom SharePoint site for the group to facilitate and streamline requirements collection, validation, collaboration, and documentation and archiving
- Data Model creation and integration
- Built cross Line of Business collaboration around requirements and solution design
- Supported the analysis of SCRA remediation efforts by providing data profiling during early milestones of the analysis
- Aided in the creation of critical data sets as inputs to the process.
- Performed analytics on large data sets creating summarized reports for a management audience.
- Contributed to the logical design and data modeling of the architecture that comprised the data structures of the project.
- Extracted and loaded data into a newly created SCRA repository
- Data Model creation from Concept through Logical Design
Sr BI Specialist
- Defined with business partners, designed, developed and deployed a monthly OLAP reporting solution to gather information about Rewards programs performance
- Participated in the bank’s effort to test the data conversion of the new credit card platform, in which I contributed to my team as a Test Lead, being the liaison to different groups within the bank and my team
- Implemented existing critical financial tools in the new data platform, being responsible to understand the new data structures, data changes and changing business requirements.
- Responsible for updating and coordinating with business partners, tracking defects, and interfacing with other teams to resolve issues.
- Responsible for creation of Data Models for new or enhanced Schema
Environment: Essbase, SQL, SAS, SQL Server, Stored Procedures, Maestro, UNIX scripting, Essbase Integration Services, Essbase Administration Services, SCCS (BAC’s versioning control), SAS Enterprise Guide.
Senior BI Solution Architect Lead
- Worked directly with the Sr Product Development Director to understand the business needs, designing overall Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Designed a JEE solution that integrated the SAS business intelligence reporting content into a custom distributed web-based application by accessing SAS metadata content through Integration Technologies
- Developed proof of concept deliverables that integrated the JEE application with existing BI reporting metadata, Hadoop
- Designed an efficient architecture that expedited creation of BI reports avoiding IT development bottlenecks where it became a “Business-Led” solution and easily customizable for Business Leadership.
- Overall Solution Architect for SAS development team as I integrated the platform into the JEE solution
- Managed Work Streams through Design to Implementation
- Developed in a mixed Agile and RUP environment
Environment: PrimeFaces, EJB3, JPA, JAAS, JEE 6, TFS, Eclipse, SQL Server, SAS BI Platform 9.2, Windows Server.
SAS BI Analyst
- Participated in requirement gathering sessions with the client from inception and gave consulting advice as the business needs were transformed into IT applications.
- Designed and developed a web-faced application using Java JEE technologies, HTML, CSS, SAS Foundation Services, SAS Stored Processes and SAS datasets. This application allows the user to query, plot and manage forecast pricing data for different Dow products.
- The development was executed using an Agile methodology that allowed the users to clarify business requirements as the development of the application was carried out.
- In charge of GUI and functionality design and implementation
- Served as a web server administrator to deploy and manage the newly developed application
SAS BI Analyst
- SAS BI (Business Intelligence) Specialist for analysis, installation, deployment and configuration of Global Warranty data application for GM for more than 5,000 users. The deployment of this global application included technologies such as SAS BI 9 platform, Java, STRUTS; operating systems such as AIX 5L, Sun Solaris 10; servers such as DB2 4.2, WebLogic Application Server 8.1, Xythos Web File Server.
- Installed, managed and deployed the SAS Portal and SAS Web Report Studio web applications for the GM global warranty report and analysis.
- SAS BI Data Model creation from Concept to Logical design and integration with SAS BI interface
- Participated in IT BOM to assess server and disk specifications
- Performed SAS Enterprise BI installation on the Development, Pre-Production and Production distributed environments.
- Configured servers to implement user authentication against Confidential LDAP directory
- Deployed on AIX 5.3 platforms, Sun T2000 Solaris 10 servers, using WebLogic 8.1 as the application server, Xythos as the content management server and DB2 8.1 as the backend database for Xythos
- Administered the DB2 databases, in this capacity wrote scripts to create DB2 database schemas, tables, tablespaces
- Administered WebLogic Managed Servers; in this capacity created managed servers, deployed WAR and EAR files for the internal application, customized startup scripts to handle policy files and system environment variables, managed memory used by managed servers.
- Maintained and extended custom-developed web application for data mining and reporting purposes, which makes use of a SAS analytical program used to produce diverse reports.
- Administered business intelligence metadata
- Setup security definitions for users and groups, and access to BI content throughout the SAS Business Intelligence Platform
- Developed UNIX scripts to automate ETL processes and system monitoring
- Developed module using Java, SAS and UNIX scripting to import user definitions into SAS Metadata Server from custom developed application
- Interfaced with the client for business requirements submitted through change requests
- Assisted users in use of BI tools and generation of reports using SAS query and reporting tools