- Almost 8 years of diverse experience as a Business Analyst in the Insurance, Financial Domain
- Worked expansively on Business Requirement Gathering, Evaluation Data Sources, Translating the requirement into Specifications and Application design
- Proficient in Technical writing (FRD) and Business Writing (BRD)
- Used Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling to help the team and worked closely with the Testing Team on different test process
- Have worked with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle process using Agile or RUP methodologies
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members using various elicitation techniques
- Good working knowledge on Scrum concepts like Scrum team, Product backlog, Sprint planning, User stories, Daily standup, Burn down charts, Planning poker, Pair programming etc.
- Proficient in writing Use Cases, Preparing Test Cases, developing Test Plans and Test Scripts
- Worked expansively on Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence diagram relevant to the project requirement
- Have Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery
- Was involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution and Issue Resolution and Report Generation to ensure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Test Cases documentation, creating User manual, and conducting Training sessions.
- Good Understanding of XML, DTD, Schema and XSLT
- Proficient in executing SQL queries to create user reports, data validation, and data flow testing for business process
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills and a team player with strong interpersonal and communication proficiency
Requirement Management Tools: Power Designer, Rational Rose, Rally
Project Management Tools: MS Project
Methodologies: RUP, Agile, SDLC
Databases: MS SQL, SQL Server 2000, SharePoint
Languages: Java, XML,HTML,UML
Operating Systems: MS Windows XP/NT/2000
Business Modeling Tool: Smart Draw, JustinMind Prototype, Erwin Data modeler
Defect Tracking Tools: Silk Central, Jira, QC
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Utilize the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to develop a detailed implementation process Guidewire ClaimCenter Integration during different iterations and phases in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Performed as a liaison between Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business users, and Development Team to identify the business needs, business rules and business process specification for the implementation.
- Documented Policy integration and claims professional assignment details in Vision and Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs) using Rational Requisite Pro and Power Designer.
- Successfully implemented call center CRM solutions related to assessment of loan applications for claim investigation and loan payment tracking.
- Successfully led and conducted JAD sessions to facilitate business process agility and to identify the content flows and processes.
- Performed GAP analysis on the traditional claims system and newly integrated ClaimCenter and carefully elaborated application enhancement specifications detailing in scope/out of scope items, as - is/to-be process maps and critical test scenarios.
- Designed Use Case modeling originating from First Notice of Loss (FNOL) to Claim-case closure, drafted Narrative Use Cases and created UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Flow Diagrams (Business/System) using MS Visio.
- Dispensed automated claim segmentation and assignment, automated triggers and escalations and seamless integration based structured walkthrough to the developers to understand the Use Cases.
- Worked with quality control teams to develop Test Plans, Test Cases and test scripts based on functional performance criteria and usability.
- Systematized and Executed UI/GUI Testing, Progression, Regression testing and provided support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for multiple iterations involving the entire Policy Holder environment setup.
- Garnered technical prowess on Change Management by performing Impact Analysis for Change Requests obtained during Claims processing lifecycle.
- Frequently used Requirements Traceability Matrix ( RTM ) for identifying and tracing the linkages among PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter .
- Conducted policy holder’s standpoint based manual application tests.
- Extensive experience in extracting UI based information by querying the Oracle database using SQL queries.
- Used SQL during the testing phase to verify and validate that the correct information is being provided.
- Orchestrated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to guarantee that all the data model, business rules, workflows and user interface requirements have been fulfilled by the web application.
- Worked closely with PM during RACI review process and release management for seamless integration.
- Implemented Software Quality Assurance development policies and test procedures. Documented test scripts according to the business specifications and design documents.
- Collaborated with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Fully engaged in product release and deployment to end-users after successful development and testing of the product. Participated in preparing training material for agents and policy holders and created thorough documents.
Environment: Agile methodology, Power Designer, Silk Central, Oracle, Java, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Performed GAP analysis of “as is” system and assessed benefits of the proposed functionalities of CWB and COA.
- Prepared AS-IS and TO-BE write up for claims auditing system.
- In RUP environment elicited, evaluated, documented and communicated requirements for integration into the new and COA system.
- Gathered BRs through thorough interaction with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Led meetings with business users, eliciting requirements to further define business and functional requirements.
- Converted business requirements into functional specifications, concentrating on workflow and business process improvement.
- Documented functional and non-functional system requirements to realize business objectives.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) approach to generate Use Cases and Activity Diagrams from gathered requirements.
- Conducted weekly meetings with CWB users and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and provided monthly prototypes of the application enhancements.
- Coordinated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with systems analysts during transformation of the product according to the business requirements.
- As needed, produced detailed design specifications for claims auditing system which included Use Case Diagrams and Descriptions, Activity Diagrams and User Interface Diagrams (UID).
- Assisted the database designer using ER diagrams to identify entities, attributes and relationships.
- Implemented full traceability measures during enhancement phase.
- Conducted walk troughs for the development and QA teams.
- Guided and signed off on test cases and test scripts.
- Played pivotal role in defect lifecycle.
- Formulated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plans with multiple test cases for each project, to ensure the system ran smoothly after “to be” adaptations have been made.
- Played pivotal role in generation and execution of SQL queries.
- Worked hand and hand with the Claims QA team to automate the manual claims auditing process.
- Assisted in creating user manuals and trained claims department on enhanced functionalities of the system.
Environment: RUP, Justin Mind, MS Visio, SQL Server, MS Office, MS SharePoint, Guide wire, Silk Central
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Identified shortcoming in current system and areas for improvement while working with Business Users, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Business Analysts.
- Designed and developed project documents based on RUP methodology.
- Performed Gap analysis for new functionality requirements.
- Prioritized actual business needs and documented improving areas to meet the end state requirements.
- Conducted Elicitation and Focus Group Sessions with several business user groups to determine and gather requirements.
- Created other requirement documents like Functional Requirements Document (FRD) from several Use Case scenarios modeled in Smart Draw.
- Wrote Business Cases for the Stakeholders to understand the functioning of the new Underwriting System.
- Analyzed standard industry practices of back office applications of Insurance Company, underwriting, billing & policy and claims administration with the help of Subject Matter Expert.
- Prototyped the application changes using Justinmind Prototype for developers.
- Designed and developed various UML diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams to both management and development teams to ensure uniform understanding of business and functional requirements .
- Used SQL queries to retrieve various records for testing purpose.
- Experienced with Guidewire Billing Centre to automate the billing life cycle.
- Experience in handling Change Management.
- Widely used Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed at the Use Case Level as well as the Test Case Level.
- Assisted testing teams in preparation of test cases , test scenarios and Regression testing.
- Adequately executed Smoke testing and User Acceptance Testing of each build during the various phases of the application.
- Extensively used Borland’s Silk Central for defect management that included bug tracking, review, assignment and reporting.
- Created detailed periodic Status Reports to provide the progress about the project to end-users and top management.
- Organized and participated in Release walkthroughs, demos & presentations of the new releases and documenting the feedback.
- Supported in development of User Training materials for the upgraded version of the existing system technology.
Environment: Power Designer, Microsoft Office Suite, Justinmind Prototype, Microsoft Visio, Smart Draw, Borland Silk Central, Java, Oracle, Windows XP, SQL.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Review the previous version of the system, read the last version of the system documentation and hence understanding the parts need to be improved, did Gap analysis.
- Conducted a diagnostic of the CRN that needed improvement.
- Contact offshore vendors to implement a cost effective global delivery model , whereby a dedicated team would provide 24 x 7 supports for the application.
- Gather Product Backlog by comparing the differences of the existing system and the features that were raised by the stakeholders. Prepare Sprint Backlog and manage the Sprint Task and Burn down Chart.
- Created User Stories to elaborate interaction of CRN with the Off-Shore support Center . Designed Sequence and Activity Diagrams to show data flow of ticket resolution.
- Provide User stories depending on different scenarios.
- Help and engage in sprint planning, daily stand-up meeting etc.
- Create UML diagrams, which include activity diagram, sequence diagram, state diagram.
- Wrote UI Mock-ups in order to help understanding the complex system and break it into more clear pieces.
- Assisted database modelers on understanding the entities relationship, constraints and therefore create a conceptual, logical and physical model.
- Plan and wrote Test cases, personally involved in User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Play part in defect tracking and manage to follow up on open defect, prioritize high-level defect. Generate daily status report using Mantis.
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix throughout the development and testing process, corresponding each of the individual business requirement with the test cases.
- Assisted testing team generates different data into system for testing.
- During the migration phases, kept daily meeting records about any opinions, difficulties and questions about the new version of software.
- Worked with the desktop support team during the migration phase and help user during the knowledge transfer period.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Oracle, UML, SQL, Mantis, MS Office, JIRA
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Facilitated (JAD) Joint Application Development sessions to identify business rules and business requirements and then documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Created the Use Cases and translated the business requirement with the help of UML diagrams to developers.
- Conducted Gap analysis to understand new business model.
- Created Business Requirements from business users using RequisitePro and converted them into System Requirement specifications.
- Analyzed Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Entity Diagrams, Activity Diagrams using Visio and Power designer.
- Assisted QA department to write and execute Test plans and Test Cases, came up with test scripts, test scenarios and worked on UAT.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate Rational Unified Process (RUP) policies and guidelines.
- Conducted walkthroughs with end users, developers, managers and other analysts. Developed user manuals and delivered with final project.
- Used MS Office suite components for project tracking, documentation, and presentation to senior management.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology, Oracle10g, UML, MS-Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Power Designer).