- Certified Scrum Master and Business System/Functional Analyst with 5 + years of experience within health care, retail and commercial banking.
- Extensive knowledge of various concepts like HIPPA standards, EDI transactions, Medicare, Medicaid, claims processing, Trade finance, Anti - Money Laundering, Know Your Customer (KYC), Payment processing (ACH/Wire/Check), Foreign Exchange operations.
- Strong Knowledge of SDLC models such as SCRUM, Kanban, XP, ATDD, RUP methodology and waterfall.
- Experience in verifying EDI raw data of 837 transactions as per HIPAA based transactional 5010 formats.
- Good understanding of health insurance policies like HMO, PPO and proven experience in mapping ICD 9 codes with corresponding ICD 10 diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Expertise in eliciting (brainstorming, requirement workshop, JAD), analyzing, documenting, validating and managing business/system requirements across the lifecycle of the project.
- Strong domain knowledge of Health insurance, Global remittances, Cash Management and Supply chain finance.
- Served as a team lead for implementation of Finacle trade finance module, Omniflow and Trade Online.
- Performed GAP analysis on existing system and provided solutions for a new system.
- In-depth knowledge of drafting BRD, FRD, SRS, use cases, wireframes, activity diagrams, workflows with great technical detail thereby helping development and quality assurance teams in understanding the requirements.
- Excellent team player with strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Developed/executed test scenarios, Test Cases, Test Plans, use cases to support the development team and business groups such as business users, treasury and product team.
- Acted as liaison between business and technology partners for implementing new projects/products.
- Expertise in requirement gathering developed Work Breakdown Structure, project schedule, status reports and attended meetings with respective SMEs to report on project progress to the senior management.
- Highly skilled in creating power point presentations and ensuring effective transition of business process knowledge to end users transitioning from legacy to newer systems.
- Extensively used JIRA, Version one, Rally, MS Visio, HP Quality Center, Balsamiq, MS Projects and MS office. Strong in excel advance features like Vlookup, Pivot table, macros etc.
- Worked extensively in Oracle SQL developer, created stored procedures used for data analysis and validation.
- Prepared reports for BG invocation analysis and Turn-around Time (TAT) analysis.
- Conducted route cause analysis (RCA) and documented the NSTP transaction errors (Non Straight through Processing).
- Involved in structuring the international trade product and process note reengineering.
- Implemented 5S methodology and acted as coordinator in my workplace.
- Performed SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance testing. Also coordinated and resolved the internal/concurrent audit queries/findings.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, AGILE (Scrum, XP, Kanban, and ATDD)
Requirement Management Tools: HP-Quality Center, MS Project, Rational requisite pro, JIRA, Confluence
Business/Data Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Gliffy, Lucidchart, Appian (BPMN)
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, Oracle SQL developer
Environment: FACETS, Finacle 7.x/10.x, SWIFT, AML, OMNIFLOW, TRADE ONLINE, MUREX, SFMS, Oracle DRM
Version control System: Rational clear case, Tortoise SVN
Content Management System: SharePoint, Content Manager, WordPress
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Windows server 2008/2012 R2
Other tools: MS Office, Open Office, MS Access
Languages: C,C++, SQL,PL/SQL, PHP
Testing Management Tool/Defect Tracking Tools: Rational Clear Quest, ALM HP Quality Center
Business Domain: Health care, Insurance, Trade Finance, Transaction banking, Risk Management, Team Management
Project Management: MS Project, MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Business Systems Analyst
- Participated in requirements gathering and design sessions after understanding the high-level project objective.
- Assisted Product Owner in splitting large user stories (Features, Epics) into smaller user stories using different techniques. Used Gherkin syntax for creating acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Managed product backlog items and sprint tasks using JIRA tool. Also, used Confluence tool to create wiki pages and manage project documentation.
- Performed Gap Analysis, identified as-is process and documented the to-be process flow along with required changes in the proposed system.
- Involved in preparation of requirement traceability matrix (RTM) to ensure and validate the cross functional requirements.
- Developed Proof of Concepts (POC) for the new I-flow functionalities along with the development team, presented to the business users, collected feedback and got it approved.
- Used Swim lane diagrams to communicate the process flow changes from current state to future state with respect to new iflow functionality. This contributed to efficient understandability among cross functional teams.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions with stakeholders to communicate/manage/document expectations and discussed multiple methodologies for efficient integration of AML application with the current system.
- Created graphical representation of ‘use cases’ using various types of UML diagrams such as activity diagram, sequence diagram, use-case diagram, wire frames and involved in creation of process flow for discrepancy logic using MS-Visio.
- Using HP Quality Center (HP-QC), prepared test cases to enable testing of ‘future state’ process flow for import letter of credit amendment, buyer’s credit and import bill acceptance.
- Performed System Integration testing (SIT) and helped resolve integration challenges between AML and Omniflow application.
- Conducted bundled User Acceptance Testing (UAT) across all business partners, documented defects/findings and interacted with the software development team to resolve issues.
- Used Oracle SQL developer and created stored procedures for data analysis to facilitate generation of transaction reports specific to turn-around-time (TAT), EOD and product data.
- Conducted training sessions to local and global business users including USA/UK branches and also participated in preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/detailed user guide to capture all process changes.
- Extensively involved in production rollout for the initial phase involving 5 branches followed by organization wide rollout.
- Classified all documents related to the project and segregated using respective Share Point (SP) folders for efficient sharing of documents across various groups.
Business Systems Analyst
- Led and facilitated requirement meetings during business requirements gathering sessions (JAD, brainstorming), across multiple stakeholder groups (product owner, SMEs, and process owners).
- Assisted product owner to establish criteria for requirements, attributes, and processes for prioritizing the requirements.
- Created user stories and detailed acceptance criteria for each user story using Gherkin syntax. Also conducted story review sessions with the product owner for product backlog grooming.
- Helped the sprint team to understand the user stories, its acceptance criteria and also supported scrum team during sprint execution.
- Participated/facilitated agile ceremonies including product backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demonstrations and retrospectives.
- Identified business rules and conditions for MLR rebate calculation.
- Developed and documented complex business processes (As-Is and To-Be) along with identification of multiple and efficient use cases for MLR calculation and Rebate processing.
- Prepared Business Requirement document (BRD) and translated business requirements into functional and non-functional requirement by analyzing the process flows.
- Adopted use case methodology to capture the detailed system requirements and also created screen mockups to provide enhance visibility of the product.
- Created efficient and multiple types of UML diagrams that includes use case diagrams, activity diagrams, process maps, sequence diagrams and state diagrams using MS Visio.
- Created screen mockups to provide enhance visibility of the product using Balsamiq.
- Extensively used SQL for data extraction and generating various reports.
- Involved in test planning activities and facilitated business teams for User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Documented UAT findings and coordinated with the sprint team for resolving the defects.
- Prepared detailed internal user guide and provided training to business users.
Business Systems Analyst
- Elicited requirements for conversion of ICD 9 to ICD 10 code from multiple stake holders using interview and JAD sessions.
- Conducted initial impact analysis for all the critical functions like claims processing, medical policy and reporting.
- Performed Gap analysis, identified as-is process flow and developed to-be process flow.
- Assisted product owner to convert epics into user stories and created acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Managed product backlog items and sprint tasks in JIRA tool. Also uploaded the project documentations like RTM, use case diagrams, data flow diagrams in confluence tool.
- Prepared Business requirement document (BRD), Functional requirement document (FRD) and also created use case diagrams, sequence diagram, system context diagram using MS Visio.
- Created custom mappings between ICD 9 and ICD 10 codes. Prepared custom mapping and crosswalk documents.
- Participated/facilitated agile ceremonies including backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demonstrations and retrospectives.
- Prepared test plans, test scripts and performed testing of all ICD-10 impacted EDI transactions like 837 by validating actual files for accuracy.
- Facilitated business users for user acceptance testing (UAT). Logged UAT defects in JIRA and collaborated with sprint team for resolving the defects.
- Created Ad-hoc queries in SQL for data analysis..
- Involved in production deployment and post deployment support activities.
Lead Business Analyst
- Gathered high level business requirements by conducting stakeholder meetings, working sessions and interviews with business/IT partners.
- Actively participated in performing GAP Analysis, Risk Analysis and Technical Feasibility study with IT partners and other technical/functional SMEs.
- Played role of proxy Product Owner and groomed product backlog by documenting functional and technical epics, features and user stories in JIRA tool.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Developed and documented complex business processes (As-Is and To-Be) along with identification of multiple and efficient use cases.
- Created efficient and multiple types of UML diagrams that includes Object diagrams, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, process maps, sequence diagrams and state diagrams using MS Visio.
- Performed operational risk management assessment and analysed the security implementation of the application with user’s perspective.
- Created various test cases to facilitate testing of amendments made to letter of credit, information security, validation of multiple field mappings, reporting requirements along with regression testing and active involvement in smoke testing.
- Used HP testing/Quality Center tool to efficiently manage test cases and defects.
- Created Ad-Hoc queries and stored procedures using SQL server and generated trade online transaction reports specific to customer, branch and product data.
- Co-ordinated Unit Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts with the business/IT partners.
- Extensively involved in System Integration testing (SIT) and helped resolve integration challenges between CORE and TOL application (Trade Online).
- Conducted various training sessions for business users to present the new process flow, system improvements and Q&A sessions.
- Prepared detailed product specific user guide for easier understandability and seamless transactions by clients.
- Performed duties as a First person responsible (FPR) for trade finance support activities related to Finacle 10.x migration.
- Conducted multiple working sessions with business users/stakeholders and documented the new requirements along with customized menu options to be used for generating regulatory reports, Statements and E-Advice for debit/credit.
- Analyzed the existing manual processes performed by various business users and conducted GAP analysis to identify new customization menu options for Finacle 10.x platform.
- Prepared test plans, test cases and facilitated multiple UAT sessions for testing of menu options in batches for Finacle 10.x migration.
- Worked with Database Management team and involved in validation of database migration scripts functionally consisting more than 23TB of customer records.
- Also involved in migration of huge sets of branch user data in slots based on user profile to the new Finacle 10.x version.
- Coordinated with business users of domestic/international branches including New Y ork/Canada/Bahrain/ Dubai, post UAT sessions documented reviews/feedbacks and reported to the vendor.
- Documented guidelines for regulatory reporting based on geographical locations.
- Created training materials, involved in preparation of E-learning module and conducted training sessions for the business users.
- Interacted with the product owner to gather the high level business requirements.
- Conducted one on one interview with the subject matter experts (SMEs) to clearly understand functionality of the domain and various processes involved in treasury management.
- Analyzed business process and identified user stories for seamless Forex transaction booking.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (BRD), RTM, use case diagrams and dataflow diagrams.
- Directed web designers to create interface screen layouts for positive user experience and consistently maintain application standards.
- Worked in Systems Integration Testing (SIT) extensively to test the data flow from FX Online to Murex.
- Involved in Unit acceptance Testing (UAT), Production deployment and post deployment support.
- Used oracle SQL to analyze and validate various data flow/mappings related to FX Online and other downstream systems.
- Prepared user guide for ‘deal booking, record keeping and troubleshooting’ procedures.
Global Trade Services Manager
- Handled team of 6 as a team lead for ensuring the timely completion of trade operations such as establishing Import and Inland Letters of credit, negotiating LC Bills, issuing Bank Guarantees, SBLC's, Inward Bills under LC, booking, realization and payment of export & Import bills, buyer’s credit, disbursement of Pre Shipment Credit (PCFC) and Post Shipment Credit.
- Scrutinized the outward remittance, import payments , domestic LC and bank guarantee documents as per the guidelines prescribed under UCP, FEMA, RBI, AML guidelines and KYC norms and reported discrepancies to the client.
- Worked in processing all types of remittances which includes receipts and payments pertaining to LC/Non-LC Bills and clean outward/ inward remittances and conducted EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence).
- Processed inward remittance, discounting/negotiation of export documents inland bills, Overseas Direct Investment, Foreign Direct Investment and External Commercial Borrowing.
- Oversaw verification of KYC documentation for current and cash credit account opening.
- Managed different types of corporate payment services like fund transfer ( Wire/Check ), real time gross settlement (RTGS), national electronic fund transfer (NEFT), Cash Management Services (CMS).
- Ensured client satisfaction by providing consultation in Trade Service products and general banking operations.