- Experienced Business Analyst with 7+ years in Finance/Healthcare domains and an in - depth understanding of the business process models underlying these domains.
- Hands on experience of over 6 years in gathering Business Requirements, Data Modeling, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications and Application Design.
- Extensive knowledge on commercial loans, cards, mortgage loan life cycle, lending origination, under writing, loan delivery and loan servicing.
- Strong knowledge in Business Analysis, Software Development Life Cycle: System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation on Business Systems.
- Extremely proficient in using Agile and RUP methodologies following sprint sessions and used Rally software extensively to write User Stories, assign tasks to individual team members.
- Validation of the data integrity of extracts using SQL commands.
- Worked on various sectors- Full life cycle implementation, Design, Development, Documentation, Initiation, Transition, Configuration, Testing (Manual and Automation test), Support, Data Migration, merging project, Acquisition project, Divesture project, Marketing Mix Modeling, Conjoint Analysis, Data Analysis using SPSS, etc.
- Experience in performing Gap analysis (GAP), Feasibility and SWOT Analysis by identifying existing technologies and documenting the enhancements to meet the end-state requirements.
- Strong experience in creating design documents like data flow diagrams, process flow charts, use case diagrams, ativity flows and sequential diagrams using MS VISIO and UML.
- Assisted Quality Assurance (QA) team in writing test plans, defining test cases, test scenario and data sets.
- Experience in developing GUI, working together with developers and end-users to perfect the end-users requirements.
- Experience with BI Tools like Tableau and QlikView Dashboard Design.
- Built strong relationships with clients and demonstrated commitment to delivery.
- Strong communication, business understanding, critical thinking and analytical skills. Highly motivated, organized and target oriented team player who enjoys working with multi-functional team towards a common goal.
MS Office: - MS Word, MS ExcelMS Visio, MS Project,: MS Power Point, MS Access
Rational Clear: Quest, Rational Clear Case, Rational Requisite Pro, SharePoint-2010,2007,2003
Enterprise Architects: SQL, Data warehousing, Data mining CA Agile Rally, JIRA, MS VISIO, QC
AgileScrum:, Waterfall, Six Sigma, Rational Unified Process UML, Lotus Notes, HPQC
Rational: Rose, Toad, Cognos, Crystal Reports Windows 98/XP/NT/vista/7
Business System Analyst
Confidential - VA
- Involved in development & documentation of Software Requirements Specification (SRS) using Rational Rose.
- Elicited requirements for development of the users’ GUI, interfacing with various systems.
- Utilized RUP (Rational Unified Process) to create use cases, activity diagrams, class diagrams and workflow process diagrams.
- Involved in gap analysis of the existing system and the to-be system.
- Documented project artifacts such as Stakeholders Analysis, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Test cases and Test Plans in agile environment.
- Educating users and business units on proper recordkeeping requirements, including deletion and retention requirements for e-mail and other electronic records.
- Scheduled and conducted meetings with user (SME) members to identify requirements documented them in specification documents and identified priorities.
- Conducting transitioning of the Agile Technology across teams.
- Interacted with the users and business relationship managers and facilitating implementation of changes using ERD diagrams.
- Developed test plan, test cases and coordinated the loan level tests with the QA team to verify implementation of new features.
Environment: Rational Unified Process, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, MS Office Suite, Windows XP.
Healthcare Business Analyst
Confidential - Cleveland, Ohio
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) process with Stakeholders to analyze deliverables and system constraints.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Worked on transaction-835 claims payments and remittance advice, which deals the payment from payer to provider.
- Interacted with Claims, Payments and Enrollment hence analyzing and documenting related business processes.
- Collaborated with CMS program and technical staff to review proposed program definition/ruling and provided recommendations to program design and high-level risks and/or impacts.
- As a Business Analyst involved in overall program management of the Health Care Financing Administration(HCFA/CMS).
- Analyzing Medicaid claim data and financial data as well as reviewing applications for completeness to process applicants for Federal Medicaid Program.
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Performed extensive Regression testing on Claims supported simulated system.
- Analyzed the existing claims process and specific business rule logic will be applied in the requirement model.
- Conducted UAT to confirm that all derivative products can be successfully processed through stages of the trade life cycle.
- Tracked and maintained Stakeholder requested enhancements and changes using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) and analyzed User Business Requirement Document (BRD), Technical Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) using Requisite Pro, Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Prepared Test cases (using test data available from CMS test document) during Design phase with presence of QA team and implemented plan for integration and functional testing.
- Assisted with user testing of systems and maintained quality procedures and ensured appropriate documentation is in place.
- Integrated Requisite Pro with Rational Rose to provide all teams visibility and maintain tractability among requirements, use cases and change requests.
Environment: SQL Server, Windows 7, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest, UML, Rational Suite, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), MS Access, XML
Business System Analyst
Confidential - Sandi ego, CA
- Involved understanding the current business process, defining scope of the project along with position statement.
- Interacted with users and stakeholders to understand the problem domain, gathered customer requirements through surveys, interviews (group and one-on-one).
- Worked with applicable departments to ensure all regulatory requirements are met implementing the new HMDA rule.
- Created business use case, functional (FRS) and technical specifications for trading system.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodology to create use case diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Created use-case scenarios and storyboards in MS Word and MS PowerPoint for better visualization of the application.
- Worked with SMEs and Developers to develop and design the GUI of the system.
- Resolved issues and improvised the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Performed cost-benefit analysis, generated reports for analyzing various investments and their profitability and also for analyzing various lost opportunities due to time delay in investing.
- Validated business rules and all artifacts with users, approval and sign off. Provided technical and business knowledge to clients.
- Working with the architect, developers on business and technical issues, helping in designing of the system; and testers to ensure all requirements are correctly translated.
- Updated and modified progress and resources allocation in MS project for the team.
- Suggested process and product improvements for the application.
- Created test plans, scripts and facilitated user acceptance testing.
- Performed manual front-end testing to check all functionalities of different modules.
- Helped in deployment of portal a venue for the on-line trading application a collaboration bundle solution.
- Identified areas of risks, assessment, monitoring, having security and audit controls in place.
- Analyzed the ROI of ad spending through various sales channels by optimization and marketing mix modeling.
- Involved in customer target segmentation and classification. Organized, refined and analyzed client data for six regional markets to identify most efficient sales channels and recommend to the client the advertising budget reallocation to increase market share.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, UML, SQL Server, SPSS, Advanced Excel, Tableau, Agile/Scrum, waterfall
- Gathered Business Requirements, Interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes
- Analyzed and optimized the process, Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) and then converted the business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specification using Rational Requisite pro.
- Assisted in technology selection for the application, based on Cost-Effectiveness and Quality with an eye towards the future
- Performed Feasibility, Adaptability and Risk Analysis to identify the business critical and high-risk areas of the application
- Used the Unified Change Management (UCM) tool, Rational ClearQuest, to maintain and track the Stakeholders requested enhancements and changes.
- Involved in gathering clinical data and supported application development. Data includes patient’s admission status, discharge details and transfers. Also tested claims and diagnosis reports of the patient.
- Used Rational Clear Case, a Configuration Management tool to maintain different builds of the application with description about all changes and Versions.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Conducted regression testing and interacted with developers to resolve the issues.
Environment: Rational Rose, Visio, MS Project, SQL Server 2000, Agile/Waterfall
- Created detailed SRS and FRD by identifying functional and non-functional requirements. Performed feasibility study, requirement gathering and delivered a complex project while ensuring compliance with UK credit card mandates.
- Closely worked with SME to analyze and research current production metrics (user, peak-usage) to create capacity baseline for 5000+ user load for banking website; defined the performance benchmark for future implementation.
- Created test summary reports and provided recommendations to the management.
- Interacted with client to understand key business functionalities, performed extensive requirement analysis and developed use cases and workflows.
- Worked closely with PM and scrum master to coordinate daily activities, define project scope, develop project plans, and to ensure solution alignment with client’s needs.
- Prepared detailed test plans, test summary reports, secured signoff from the stakeholders.
- Worked as liaison between third party vendor, technical team and management.
- Developed SQL queries to test the application for data integrity.
- Secured sign-off and approval of deliverables from stakeholders.
- Reach out to potential customers to generate new business.
- Engage a global retailer client to build up their ecommerce capabilities and improve online retail performance
- Ensured quality procedures and implemented configuration management to establish consistency and smooth operation.
Environment: Microsoft Office- Suite, SQL, MS Visio, SharePoint