- with 6 years’ experience in domains such as Healthcare and Investment Banking. Proficient in Business Process Engineering and SDLC Software Development Life Cycle methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP and Agile including analysis, design, development and testing of software. Understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), SDLC (Software Delivery Lifecycle), and project management fundamentals.
- Strong ability to bridge gap between Business and Technology by working with the project Delivery Teams, Business Stakeholders, End Users, IT Architect and Developers to document the product’s Vision, Scope, Business System Requirements and Technical Specifications.
- Expertise creating Use Cases, Functional Specifications and Activity Diagrams. Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirement. Worked with key stakeholders, developed data visualization reports and dashboards to provide information that facilitates decision making.
- Conducted peer reviews about the Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog. Prepared and maintain Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience in conducting/participating in JAD sessions for project definition involving analysing requirements, Creating Prototypes, User Interface. Proven skill of Business Intelligence (COGNOS, Share Point) and data visualization tools (Excel).
- Expert in conducting GAP Analysis
- Performed GAP analysis of Business rules and Requirements to identify and validate requirements. User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Facilitated UAT sessions with the defined Acceptance Criteria and with references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and other trainings needed.
- Conducted SWOT analysis to realize and identify project objectives.
- Good understanding of Business process flow modelling using UML tools, Use case modelling and Entity Relationship Modelling. Advanced knowledge of Toad, PowerPivot, MSBI (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- DB skills include SQL, PL/SQL and SQL tools (SQL Developer, TOAD, etc.) with a working knowledge of relational databases and structure.
- Worked with User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) teams while driving the Functional requirements and Wireframes. Experience in writing Use Cases, Test Cases Test scripts, RACI matrix, Test Cases and Test Execution strategies.
- Good exposure on Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and other regulatory framework introduced by the Federal Reserve to assess, regulate, and supervise large banks and financial institutions - collectively referred to in the framework as Bank Holding Companies (BHCs).
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Effective Writing & Oral Communication and Presentation skills.
- Developed reports to communicate schedules, issues, risks and project changes to project stakeholders and project managers.
- Provided the necessary documentation in a project such as: statement of work (SOW), business requirements, use cases, functional specifications, data requirements and documentation for business training materials.
- Have strong knowledge of Fixed Income & Equity and has been a significant party in multiple successful enterprise project deliveries. Good experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Access and SQL.
- Knowledge of Investment Banking systems and processes - sub-ledger, ledger, regulatory reporting and reconciliation systems.
Domain: Healthcare and Investment banking
Methodologies: Agile, Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, RUP
Testing Tool: HP Quality Center/ ALM, Jira, Clear Quest, Rally
Requirement management tools: Blueprints, Rational Requisite Pro
Business Modelling tools: MS Visio, Enterprise Architecture, iRise, Rational Rose
Document Creation/Management: MS Office - Word, Excel (PowerPivot), Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project
CRM: Salesforce, PeopleSoft, MS Dynamics CRM
Content management: MS - Share Point
BI/ Reporting tools: Crystal reports, Cognos, Informatica, Business Objects, MSBI (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
Database: MySQL, SQL
Language: HTML, Java, SQL
Operating System: Windows, Unix
BA Deliverables: Created/ executed the following:
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Involved in project initiation phase and captured HLBN and prepared Agile charter.
- Ensure phase wise deliverables are on track and get necessary approvals on time. Agile method Deliverables like agile Charter, Prioritized Backlog, Story point estimates, Release Plan, KANBAN document with WIP details and show and tell documents.
- Worked on detailed iteration planning and Continuous Product Backlog refinement while preparing for future Iterations. i.e., analyse new stories added to the Product Backlog, estimate the story points, split stories and prioritize/ re-prioritize stories where needed.
- Worked collaboratively with the rest of the core team members to decompose User Stories into tasks and Assists the rest of the core team members in resolution of impediments related to User Story solution development.
- Opportunities to improve future Iterations identified during Iteration Retrospective.
- Daily Stand up meetings to monitor progress of the Iteration and take corrective actions
- Worked on setting up the Team KANBAN board and determining the Work in Progress (WIP) limit for each of the KANBAN state.
- Identified project risks / dependence and provide recommend solutions.
- Effort estimation and creation of project schedules. Created work breaks down structure by using Responsibility Assignment Matrix to assign the task and ensure the deliverables in time.
- Worked with Quality Assurance team and prepare Requirements Risk Analysis and scoring.
- Reviewed test plan and test conditions created by QA team and ensured that they are signed off from the required and development teams.
- Developed and performed timely and consistent project reporting such as project status, decisions, action items, upcoming tasks and deliverables with project workbook.
- New and modified functionality demonstrated to the customer during the Show & Tell.
- Created and presented timely & relevant reporting on costs, variance and forecasts to the stakeholders.
- Perform post implementation validation with Business and perform project closure activities.
Environment: Agile Kanban, Microsoft office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, ALM 11.5, Clarity, Rally, iRise, Share point
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle using Agile SCRUM.
- Analysed, documented, and managed all project requirements and changes to requirements throughout the software development life cycle.
- Conducted user interviews, attended JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions, and documented analysis during requirement gathering.
- Identified the use cases from the gathered requirements and prepared a comprehensive Use Case Specifications document.
- Developed UML Use Case model and prepared the detailed work flow diagram based on the proposed enhancement for the system.
- Extensively interacted with both user group and development team in coming up with structured charts, class and sequence diagrams.
- Responsible for status check at regular time-frame.
- Created vision and scope document along with Project Manager as part of Business Modelling to assess success criteria, to baseline deliverable, schedule tasks, duration and assign resources for an extension of the project focused on creating a proactive end-state prospecting and sales process for revenue projection
- Participated in change management process through product demos and user training.
- Coordinated between stakeholders and technical team for Functional testing, Unit testing, Integration testing and User acceptance testing.
Environment: Agile SCRUM, MS Visio, MS Share Point, MS Office, UML, Share Point
- Responsible for creating a team that consisted of patient representatives, project manager and six sigma team to discuss issues, causes and identify and recommend solutions through discussions.
- Studied the concepts of process improvement and how they could be implemented in the project (DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control)
- Surveyed the patients along with physicians to identify opportunities in reducing wait times.
- Conducted GAP Analysis to understand the current process and determine and recommend solutions to improve the process.
- Performed a Root Cause Analysis to identify the exact causes of increased wait times in the ED.
- Used Value Stream Mapping using MS Visio and gathered data to identify opportunities in reducing wait time for patients.
- Created Work flow and Process flow diagrams using MS Project demonstrating the process of emergency department.
- Monitored and tracked the recommended process flow using Baseline Control Charts and recorded the new wait times.
- Assisted in revising the department’s New Patient Protocol Manual to update the new guidelines and standards as per the recommended process.
- Created manuals for staff, clinicians, nurses, PA’s and physicians to understand and follow the recommended work order to reduce patient wait times and increase efficiency.
- Successfully completed the project with a result of reduced patient wait times by 30 minutes or 11% which resulted in improved quality of care and 48% increase in the patient satisfaction score.
Environment: MS Project, MS Word, MS Vision, Lean Management, Six Sigma, Gap Analysis, Smart Draw
- Analysed client’s systems and business processes to understand the AS-IS scenario and TO-BE scenario.
- Conducted user-interviews for requirements gathering, analysed requirements, and created Business requirement document (BRD), System Requirements (SRS), UML diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Researched various steps in the project life cycle and constructed a system to easily identify and monitor high-risk customers.
- Performed Change Management by maintaining and tracking stakeholder’s requests for enhancements and changes.
- Facilitated QA team discussion to determine the test requirements; documented and reported user feedback to management team.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line; including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams.
- Involved in knowledge transition seminars; conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices in the industry.
Environment: Agile Environment, MS Office, Visual Basic, Rational Rose, HTML, MS Office, SQL