- IT professional with over 17 years of IT experience with concentration on Business and System Analysis.
- Hands - on experience in software and application development.
- Experience in managing and delivering IT projects in Waterfall and Scrum/Agile methodology environments.
- Expertise in organizing development efforts and providing overall vision for underlying solutions.
- Proven experience in transforming vision into solutions and driving project inception, requirements, and initiation.
- Experience in software and application testing and validation.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows XP/2000, MS-DOS, UNIX (HP/UX, DYNIX, LINUX), IBM iSeries, IBM AS400
Technologies: .NET Framework, XML, HTML, FIX Protocol, SQL, C, C++, C#, Java, JSP, JDBC, J2EE, UNIX shell scripting (bash/sh), Informix 4GL/ESQL, COBOL
Databases: SQL Server, ORACLE, DB2, INFORMIX
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, JAD
Software and Tools: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Dynamics GP, SharePoint, TFS, SQL Server Tool, Visual Studio, DB Visualizer, JAMA, JIRA, COIN, Cisco Workload Automation (CWA), HPSM, PVCS Dimensions, Subversion, Eclipse IDE, CMS, SCARAB, GNU Make, Caliber
Testing Tools: TestDirector, Test Manager
Business System Analyst
- Involved in design, development/implementation, validation, launching and support of the new FIS (Fidelity Information Services) system which supports contracts, invoices, payments, dealers, customers, initiative programs, remarketing, and loans during the lifetime of the product.
- Gathered requirements, communicated with stakeholders and 3rd party vendors in order to satisfy their business needs.
- Worked with Software Development teams in the design and implementation of business requirements for .NET Framework and Oracle/SQL Server web-based applications and services.
- Worked with insurance vendors and systems involved in claims processing.
- Utilized Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Utilized Microsoft Visio and JAMA to address the Business Requirements and User Stories. Provided Business Flow Diagrams to support visual representation of requested processes regarding Customer Bonuses and Payments, Dealer Bonuses and Payments, Insurances, Bankruptcies, and Repositions.
- Worked with Project Management to analyze, plan, communicate and coordinate assigned projects in areas such as feasibility, package review, time and cost estimation, work plan creation and management.
- Directed the Segregation of Duties in the Oracle Financials project that provides new User Profiles for VCI Oracle Financials Users with a corresponding set of permissions and support of existent IRM regulations.
- Managed SLA process support for the team. Worked directly with the Help Desk, Development Team and Project Management Team to eliminate all discrepancies and gaps between various systems such as JAMA, HPSM and JIRA.
- Collaborated directly with Operations and Development Teams to identify and log into the JAMA system non-functional requirements for abnormal jobs completion.
- Outlined and documented specific processes including business and system interaction, and integration points of systems/solutions across IT.
- Created Test Cases according to Business Process Alignment utilizing JAMA environment for System Integration.
- Assisted the Software Development team in debugging and resolving defects discovered during System Test.
- Worked on the data mapping for the new user interfaces to support business needs and process flow.
- Directed the design and implementation of systems for a regional healthcare management company with a focus on sustainability.
- Integrated various patient information access portals with long term goals of enabling home healthcare teams to manage patients with subacute and chronic conditions.
- Provided a platform for multiagency access to billing, payment information, invoice distribution, and vendor reimbursement.
- Developed deep subject matter expertise in Brightstar processes, procedures and technology solutions.
- Created High Level Design Documents and Business Flow diagrams describing proposed hardware and software enhancements.
- Led and coordinated User Acceptance Testing including issue and defect tracking, prioritization, and resolution.
- Communicated with business units and end users to design a new sales inquiry tool responsible for increasing company and franchisee revenue. Utilized as-is and to-be modeling of business processes with involvement in all phases of the full software development life cycle.
- Resolved requirements inconsistencies and process issues arising from variations in process and business model across a decentralized network of independently owned locations.
- Created End-User Documentation and Customer Release Notes for all customers.
- Performed Project Management and directed daily status meetings with the business units and engineering teams to drive efforts within release cycles.
- Utilized Agile/Scrum methodology and led daily stand up meetings with development teams to drive efforts during the release cycle.
- Worked closely with the Software Development team to design and validate solutions for enhancement requests implemented using C# with .NET Framework.
- Collaborated with end users and Product Management teams to create, analyze, and refine business requirements for .NET/SQL Server web-based applications and services.
- Authored Technical Specifications and Functional Requirements describing user interface designs and technical details related to various business applications.
- Engineered customer feedback applications to capture dealer response to prospects and to measure their receptiveness to new programs.
- Worked with Software Development teams in the design and implementation of business requirements.
- Communicated with Project Management and Software Development to identify and schedule tasks, and to create and monitor project plans.
Business Analyst, Software Engineer
- Designed and developed software for international trading systems using C and Dynamic Embedded SQL. The development was performed on an IBM iSeries/AS400 server utilizing the FIX Protocol and .NET web services to communicate with client web-based applications. This enabled end-users to perform equities and options trades through the Internet.
- Performed relational database development for a Java J2EE web-based application responsible for mutual funds management. Development was implemented using SQL and Embedded SQL, and communicated with a DB2 database. This enabled users to perform transactions on a wide variety of mutual funds from the Internet.
- Collected and analyzed Business Requirements by communicating with clients, Quality Assurance, and Development teams abroad. Evaluated Use Cases and performed gap analysis for financial data collection systems.
- Collaborated with Project and Development Management teams to create project plans and monitor project status.
- Educated Development and QA on internal financial systems, IBM iSeries / AS400, and development tools and methodologies.
Business / System Analyst, Software Engineer
- Created and analyzed Business Requirements by communicating with customers to determine their needs. Performed gap analysis, evaluated use cases, and formulated solutions based on customer, business, and technological constraints. Customers included major U.S. phone companies such as AT&T and Verizon.
- Authored Detailed Design Documents and Functional Specifications by collaborating with Software Development and Systems Engineering. Identified and diagrammed process and data flows between internal and external entities, and coordinated meetings between the various teams to create an optimal design.
- Designed, developed, and documented database schemas for Oracle and Informix relational databases. Created code to access and modify these databases using SQL, JDBC, Informix ESQL, and Informix 4GL.
- Directed the Change Control Board responsible for managing defect fixes. Worked with Project Management, Software Development, and QA teams to prioritize and schedule defect fixes, and to improve business processes and overall software quality.
- Designed and developed applications for managing 20+ million phone numbers using C, UNIX shell scripting (bash/sh), SQL, Informix ESQL, and Informix 4GL. Software was developed in a HP/UX UNIX environment for customers including AT&T and Verizon.
- Designed and developed an emergency-response system for the Pentagon. Software was developed in a Linux UNIX environment using C and UNIX shell scripting (bash/sh), and enabled more efficient emergency response times.
- Performed QA Testing for web and database applications using TestDirector. Created and analyzed QA System Test Plans and produced test execution reports. Assisted the Software Development team in debugging and resolving defects discovered during System Test.
- Created UNIX shell scripts in support of development, QA, and production. Performed UNIX administration tasks and mentored software developers and QA on UNIX related topics.
- Provided technical support for end users in the production environment. Identified, researched, and analyzed customer issues in order to develop solutions and resolve recurring problems.
- Involved in all phases of the lifecycle for projects utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Designed and developed software using Java for J2EE MVC web-based applications for configuring cellular data and updating 9-1-1 subscriber data. The development was performed in a Linux UNIX environment utilizing the Eclipse IDE. The GUI front end was created using JSP and HTML, and the underlying logic was developed in Java utilizing Struts and Servlets. The web applications used JDBC to communicate with an Oracle relational database utilizing Oracle PLSQL stored procedures, and an Informix database. These web applications enabled 9-1-1 calltakers to automatically determine the location of a caller for wireless and wireline 9-1-1 calls in the United States.
- Utilized PVCS and Subversion for source code control and tracking.
- Designed and developed applications for managing 20+ million phone numbers using C, UNIX shell scripting, SQL, Informix ESQL, and Informix 4GL. Software was developed in a Dynix UNIX and HP/UX UNIX environment for customers including SBC, Ameritech, Pacific Bell, Bell Atlantic, and GTE.
- Designed, developed, and documented database schemas for Informix relational databases. Collaborated with various local and remote software development teams to formulate an optimal database design.
- Provided Customer Technical Support for production issues. Communicated with software development to troubleshoot and resolve defects.
- Trained software development and QA on UNIX and SQL. This allowed developers and testers to operate more efficiently in their respective environments.
- Worked with the Customer Documentation Team to create End-User documentation for all customers. Created Customer Release Notes and Technical Release Notes for each software release.
- Designed and developed a Java MVC web application for maintaining 9-1-1 subscriber data. The code was developed in a UNIX environment using HTML / JSP for the GUI front-end, and Java and Servlets for the backend. The web application communicated with an Informix relational database using JDBC and SQL.
- Utilized Subversion for source code control and tracking.
- Instructed students on UNIX, C, C++, and Object Oriented Methodologies. Students possessed non-computer-related backgrounds and often had no knowledge of UNIX and programming languages. After completion of the courses, these students became proficient enough to pursue opportunities in IT related fields.
- Performed UNIX administration, configuration, and setup of lab exercises which allowed students to successfully complete required lab assignments
- Assisted up to 15 students in preparing for homework assignments to ensure assignments were completed accurately and students understood the principles.