- Facilitator between Business Systems and Information Technology with over 9 years of various environment experiences in the field of business analysis.
- Several years of experience and advance knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and project life cycles like Waterfall, Agile, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Extreme Programming (XP), Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Participated and actively functioned in Joint Application Development (JAD)
- Strong Experience in Test Plans development, Test Conditions and Test Cases, test data creation and analysis, interaction with the development team for error detection and correction.
- Vast experience in requirement gathering for business and application requirements, business processes, identifying risks, impact analysis, UML modeling, Sequence and Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio.
- Ability in Installation, Configuration, Development and Maintenance of Identity and Access Components such as policy server, policy store, web agent, ASA agent, key store and TAI agent and also on CA wily for Monitoring the performance and health of the system
- Adept at writing Data Mapping Documents, Data Transformation Rules and maintaining Data Dictionary, Data Migration.
- Strong knowledge of financial processes, interfaces (ACH, SWIFT) and terminology.
- Proficient in working with UML development tools like MS Visio, Eclipse, Enterprise architecture framework, UML2 Tools, and Power Designer etc.
- Ability to deliver key financial metrics, including budget, data analysis, payment, credit & fraud risk analysis.
- Experienced in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Risk Analysis and mitigation plan, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Good knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM and RAD methodologies.
- Experienced working with agile methodology, creating user stories, participating in iterations for completion of projects and conducted daily Scrum/Stand - up meetings to track the progress of the team on a day to day basis.
- Critical deadlines were met on time inputting extra hours whenever required.
- Good experience on Mainframes (DB2), SQL and Microsoft Tools.
- Extensive experience with User acceptance testing (UAT), Business Line Acceptance Testing (BLAT), System testing, Integration testing and build verification testing, Master data Management (MDM).
- Exposure to Healthcare, Insurance and Finance business domains.
- A sincere, committed, quick learner, motivated team player with excellent communication, analytical, leadership, interpersonal and management skills. Exceptional problem solving and sound decision making capabilities, along with the ability to resolve difficult situations.
Methodologies: RUP, Agile, Iterative/Hybrid, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/03/XP, LINUX, UNIX, MAC OS/OSX
Business Modelling Tools: Version One, Oracle BPA, MS Visio, Blue Works, MS PowerPoint, Blue Prism, ARIS, Enterprise Architect, Infopath, MS Word, MS Excel, IBM BPM.
Key Skills: Requirements Document, Business Process Analysis & Research, Use Case Modeling & Analysis, JAD/RAD Sessions, ERP, Content Management, Knowledge Management, SharePoint, Requirements Gathering, Gap Analysis, Traceability and Impact analysis, SharePoint, MS Visio, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Requisite Pro.
Confidential, St.Louis, MO
Sr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated discovery sessions and gathered requirements from system users and key stakeholders from different channels/Sub Firms.
- Worked with the Quality and UAT team to create test plans and test cases based on the business requirements.
- Created BRD.
- Engaged with IT/DEV/UCD teams to explore the potential solutions for the requirements gathered and to address their pain points.
- Worked on Access Management for providing Authentication, Authorization, Scalability and Accountability for the Applications.
- Finding automation opportunities in existing process and implementing those with the help of blue prism.
- Handled Escalated calls from frontline consumer banking customer service clients when situation required manager discretion or if clients insisted on speaking with management directly.
- Created and maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Created SharePoint solutions such as Workflow using Nintex and SharePoint Designer.
- Used CAML queries to filter list items from SharePoint List and libraries.
- Administrator of the PremiSys access system, Verint Nextiva camera system, and Passage Point Visitor management system.
- Interacting on daily basis with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status, Deadlines, Risks and Compliance Issues.
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders daily to ensure consistent application of the access control policies.
- Continuously work to improve efficiency and structure of the access control system. Following the Agile/Iterative methodology.
- Service all inquiries and request on consumer banking accounts, including investigating and solving billing disputes, profile maintenance, balance inquiries, account closure and customer retention, money transfers, and account research.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing scheduling systems for VS Supervisors, Hosts and Volunteers to maintain maximum post coverage per seasonal visitor demand, as well as evaluate effectiveness
- Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario description.
- Stakeholder management: Interfaced externally with vendors to procure component specs and with customers to gather and cross-check requirements. Interfaced internally with sales, purchasing, manufacturing and applications engineering.
- Contributing actively in project status meetings, FSD review, QA review meeting, and System Test meeting.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated JAD sessions to collect requirements from system users and prepared business requirement that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Worked with the Quality Team to create test plans and test cases based on the business requirements.
- Identified processes for developing and documenting detailed business requirements. Data was collected from end-users, and analysts.
- Analyzed and worked with electronic payment processing including ACH, wires and credit card.
- Created Requirements documents to document business needs.
- Requirements were gathered through interactions and meetings and periodic walkthroughs with loan analysts, credit analysts and other potential users of the application.
- Conducted Use-Case reviews and identified gaps, leading to improvements/enhancements in the same.
- Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Strong knowledge of Identity Management Systems like SUN IDM and CA Site Minder.
- Created high-quality user stories or requirements documents for use by the development and quality assurance teams, and ensured that the delivered projects meet stakeholder expectations.
- Developed and maintained metrics dashboards and performance scorecards using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Handle the tasks of developing business requirements, procedures, processes for closure of identified gap area with the help of Internal Fraud Manager and IT group.
- Worked with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status, Deadlines, Environment Request, and Compliance Issues.
- Used Advanced lending solution to verify the customer credit line.
- Ensured Use-Cases were consistent and covered all aspects of the Requirements document.
- Identified and analysed the data requirements for the various site teams and made sure that the required data is available in the testing environment.
- Worked with the fraud department in analyzing the risk involved in online banking, performed risk analysis co- ordinated with the PM.
- Worked directly with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
- Designed and developed scenarios based on business requirements.
- Followed the RUP methodology for the entire SDLC.
- Involved in Functional System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Test using the test cases given by the client before releasing the application.
- Interacting with other teams through walkthroughs, teleconferences, meetings, etc. to resolve various issues.
- Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario description.
- Involved in project status meetings, QA review meeting, and System Test meeting.
- Wrote test cases and test scripts for the User Acceptance testing.
Confidential, NY, NY
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered information with end users, Business and IT to troubleshoot various functional areas of the project.
- Worked extensively with SMEs, business users and technical leads in understanding and documenting their requirements pertaining to stocks, futures, options and foreign exchange.
- Conducted extensive Business Process Mapping to understand the objectives of the business, the actual work being accomplished and most importantly the impact of processes on customers.
- Handle visitor concerns, comments and complaints that cannot be settled at the frontline level.
- Developed Traceability Matrix for maintaining/updating current and new system requirements using MS Excel
- Used Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) to draw Business Process Workflows.
- Used Rational Unified Process Methodology in collecting requirements, documenting and sending them for development, which was carried using an iterative approach.
- Was involved in customizing the functionality requirements and designing custom reports as per the needs of the business users using MS Excel.
- Mastered knowledge of securities lending business (including trading in equities, fixed income products) in order to document business requirements accurately. Also gained expertise with security reference data in investment management.
- Experience in collecting requirements and designing prototypes using MS Visio. This helped the business in better understanding proposed changes.
- Co-authored business requirements document with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members.
- Developed and implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, Analysis, planning, tracking and delivery using Rational Rose, Requisite pro and RUP
- Worked extensively with accounts payable & receivable and developed database model for the backend database and Extracted & loaded data using MS Access.
- Transforming requirements from MS Access to new repository using Requisite Pro & MS Excel.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams using MS Visio and Enterprise Architect in order to clarify the online data access management.
- Worked extensively with Developers to gather technical requirements for the front end of the application where the front end was made using JAVA and HTML
- Collaborated with the testing team to develop the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in manual testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Drove the definition of customer business requirements by analyzing and documenting business rules, source to target mapping, business processes, process flows, and procurement documents; developed gap analysis when/where required.
- Developed and managed systems, processes, policies and procedures that exceeded planned net loss from charge backs and various types of fraud.
- Provided insightful, actionable, and analytic based recommendations that consider fraud exposure, unauthorized transactions, fraud risks & vulnerabilities, and fraud losses.
- Conducted interview sessions with users and different levels of management so as to extract requirements and to develop use cases and functional specifications.
- Responsible for creating User Stories, functional and Back End Use Cases, Use Case Diagram, process flow diagram, data flow diagram using MS Visio.
- Executed test scenario and test script.
- Developed and maintained a work plan for system projects.
- Responsible for the execution for the project life cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation and documentation, as required.
- Facilitated smooth completion of project by providing insurance subject matter expertise to the team and utilizing subject matter know-how for quality assurance purposes.
- Provided issue resolution recommendations to project managers for each project. Ensure that there is regular and effective communications of issues and corrective actions between teams;
- Implemented data access, storage and validation routines on the database server using structured Query Language (SQL)
- Organized and conducted extensive JAD sessions with users to identify and understand requirements.
- Worked on Change Requests and was a part of CCB.
- Responsible for doing the gap analysis for the interfacing system.
- Developed customer deliverables, including Detailed Specification Documents, Call flow document and General system design documents.
- Coordinated with the different teams distributed at different geographic locations for various releases.
- Developed and maintains Business and Use Cases.
- Involved in overall development of the projects including status reports, client presentations, risk analysis and mitigation, defining milestone deliverables and defining critical success factors.
- Coordinated with Reporting team for developing report prototypes.
- Facilitated requirements gathering activities, including meeting with users to discuss System Task Requests (STRs), Enhancements, and Project Assessment Quotations (PAQs) requirements.
- Heavily involved in SIT and QA testing for NH IVR.
- Initiated test plans, develop and execute test cases and scenarios; worked with users to develop specific acceptance criteria and prepare test exhibits.
- Assisted clients during UAT Environment.
Confidential, Cranston, RI
Business Systems Analyst
- Managed and coordinated the efforts of the Business analyst team as well User Interface team to ensure efficient and timely delivery of the documentation.
- Worked directly with the Project Manager to manage project scope, managing deliverables, updating BA Dashboard.
- Conducted JAD sessions, user interviews, and detailed research and requirement meetings to capture the requirements and prepare BRD.
- Identified and shaped the analysis strategy at a crucial time for ACH payment services product by mapping the middleware and external vendor services to UI design for Confidential ’s online and Mobile Banking.
- Worked directly with IA (Information Architect) and other representatives from the UX (User Experience) to design wireframes and flows.
- Created High level Use Case to detailed UC documents to be used throughout the project from estimation to final design and delivery.
- Created executive-level viewgraphs in MS PowerPoint.
- Managed change control log and version control documents to avoid confusion and avoid documentation gaps.
- Prepared As-is To-be business models (Gap Analysis) to highlight the Gap and outline the future capabilities of the products.
- Assisted IA for the design of wireframes based on interface design knowledge and expertise.
- Managed and efficiently completed the one of the highly desired project (due its revenue generating properties)on the US Bank roadmap
- Worked directly with the offshore development team. Conducting and coordinating numerous product design sessions - On site and Virtual
- Conducted daily stand up meetings to get live updates from the team, helping Project Manager actively update the project status, detect risks at early stage and take corrective / preventive actions.
- Assured timely delivery of various documents (BRD, Wireframes, Visio Source files, Style Guide, Content etc.) To the development team.
- Conducted cross channel meetings to ensure all internal groups like Security, Fraud, Compliance, Risk and Reporting etc. understood the requirements and the impact.
- Worked with reporting teams to communicate reporting, tagging and data requirements for the mobile application.
- Efficiently tackled multiple projects and issues at a time, along with providing required help to the team from time to time proving great multi-tasking abilities
- Actively participated and provided back up to the testing teams for the overnight release support (go live). Conducted BLAT on various handsets and testing environments, maintained test logs and data logs to document bugs, defect and fixes.
- Provided testing support to the testing team. Actively participated in overnight app releases, running test cases, revivifying defects and bugs and properly communicating to the required.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Documentation (BRD) to gain understanding on scope of application.
- Developed use cases and specific requirements for new releases and worked closely with application development and data operations teams to ensure features and releases function according to use cases, requirements and product strategy.
- Helped with product design, product development, implementation and internal product support.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management for open and pending issues.
- Applied innovative scrum techniques for making quick decisions for the project.
- Assigning users for User acceptance testing (UAT) and taking feedback from users about the system.
- Actively participated in status meetings with the development manager and directors to keep an update on client needs and team progress.