- Over 7 years of experience as Business Analyst in Business Process Analysis/Modeling, Business Requirements Gathering, Database Design, Development of Web Based, Infrastucture and Client/Server Applications.
- Complete understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and extensive working experience in various Software Development Methodologies like RUP, SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall.
- Designed end to end Agile/Scrum methodology for some technology projects and worked as a Product Owner and Scrum Master for various projects.
- Extensive Experience in Mobile Application.
- Complete Understanding of Application Lifecycle Management and Expertise in HP Quality Center.
- Performed in depth Gap Analysis to analyze/compare the As - Is and To-Be compatibility of existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Well versed with Investment banking (Equity trading, Future’s market, Forex market), Commercial Banking and Retail banking (Mortgage, Student loans, Credit and Debit cards).
- Successful in translating Business Requirements and User expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) using Rational Rose & MS Visio.
- Expertise in using Microsoft, JIRA and Rational tools for creating Use cases, Version Control and Defect Monitoring.
- Experience in documenting Systems Design Specifications, Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS), Functional Specifications Design (FSD), Business Requirement Documents (BRD), CRS,DDR.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Visual Studio Team System for requirement management and work item tracking.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Process Diagram, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various applications.
- Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Process Flows, Work Flows, Class Diagrams and User Interface Mock-Ups
- Proficient knowleged with CRM softwares and tools.
- Experienced in conducting Requirement Analysis, Use Case Design, Designing Test Plans and Developing Database Schemas based on the logical models.
- Performed GAP Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Experience working as Joint Application Development (JAD) facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, MS Access, MS Visio, Technical Assessment Tools, Data Warehousing Concepts and Web Design and Development.
- Good experience of working with the QA methodologies and processes.
- Expertise and complete understanding of QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing, Developing, Execution and Documentation of the Test Cases, Automated Test Scripts and Test Plans.
- Proficient in developing and executing Test Procedures, Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Result Validation.
- Extensive experience in performing Functional, Usability and Stress Testing along with ensuring that the software meets the system requirements.
- Expertise in data driven testing and setting parameters with the Performance Session Scripts.
- Experience with Data Analysis using Oracle as a backend and TOAD as the querying interface.
- Expertise in Database Administration of Test Environment Databases, Data Pools and identifying the performance issues due to inefficient Database Administration.
Software Development Methodologies: JAD, AGILE, RAD, Waterfall, RUP, UML.
Testing Tools: QTP, WinRunner, Load Runner, Mercury Suite, Rational Suite.
Management Tools: MS-Project, Rational Requisite Pro, Rally
Applications: Rational Rose, MS-Visio, MS Azure, MS Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-SharePoint
Languages: SQL, Java, VB Script, .Net, HTML, XML.
Defect Tracker: Application Life Cycle Management, Rally, Quality Center, Test Director.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 9i, MySQL 4.0.16, TOAD, DB2, IMS-DB.
Infrastructure Business Analyst
- Reviewed current business processes and thoroughly analyzed best practices and current policies of a leading Insurance Firm. Conducted JAD sessions and workshops in order to gather requirements from management, SME, agents, brokers, legal and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Managing resources (on site and off shore), allocate tasks using project management tools like MS Project, CA Clarity
- Used MS Visio to perform Process flow analysis to capture the dynamic aspect of the application.
- Managing team towards on time delivery, status reporting to the senior leadership for the project milestones and project status
- Produced system diagrams, business requirements, report specifications, workflows and documentation.
- Conducted business analysis in order to assess impact of the change with all the concerned departments.
- Documented Business needs and specifications in the form of Business Requirement Document (BRD) and achieved official sign offs from stakeholders.
- Performed GAP analysis, impact analysis to check compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new business requirements and suggested methods to overcome them.
- Conducted impact and gap analysis to define and document the project scope.
- Worked with design, developers and testing team on prototype interaction exercise to make sure that all requirement features have been addressed.
- Was involved in managing the daily standup meetings and also ensured that quality standards were enforced as per the build-release schedule
- Data Mapping for mapping of data fields between two portals, legacy ACE and legacy Chubb for integrating into the combined Agent Portal.
- Provided guidance to project managers on infrastructure options and delivery timelines.
- Assessed overall technology needs, devised methodologies for data infrastructure, automation, and compliance. Managed technical specifications Including flows and documentation.
- Reviewed Technical documents with the team to make sure that all the product requirements are addressed.
- Worked on UAT testing and took signoff from the Commercial line of Property & Casualty business users.
- Created User Acceptance Test cases, user stories and Acceptance criteria documents.
- Reviewed implementation and coordination test with the test team and validate system performance.
- Responsible for the development of a Data Warehouse for personal lines property and casualty insurance.
- Identified client training needs, created the training plans, developed training materials and conducted training sessions that drives system adoption.
- Aligned project documents so that they are approved by the appropriate stakeholders.
Environment: MS Project, MS Azure, Microsoft Visio, C#, Rational Suite (RequistePro, ClearQuest, Clearcase ), Requisite Pro, Clearcase, Rational Rose, Business Objects ClearQuest, SharePoint.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Implemented and integrated RUP solutions with complete line of traceability for all the artifacts of web development projects.
- Designed End to End Agile methodology for the mobile and web based projects.
- Gathered Business and Technical requirements through interviews and brainstorming sessions with Stakeholders, Development Team, Data Base Administrators and Services Team.
- Documented all requirements gathered in JAD/JAR sessions into Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Technical Requirement Document (TRD).
- Developed detailed Use Cases, Functional and Non Functional Specifications using UML notations.
- Responsible for Change Management for PAS portfolio, managed CCB, setup weekly meetings with Product Owner, SM, technical lead and QA leads to discuss work items for Change Control and release plan.
- Acted as a Scrum Master for the Mobile and Web enhancements projects, where some of the daily responsibilities include sprint management, organizing scrum meetings, allocating story points and creating release notes.
- Worked with IT Infrastructure and Operations team.
- Facilitated best practices infrastructure, as well as team building and knowledge transfer meetings.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down technique for building Business Process Models.
- Developed Use Case Models using Rational Rose to depict Actor and Use-Cases in various Business processes and identification of Basic/Alternative flows and definition of preconditions and post conditions of the System.
- Worked with UI team to create the User Interface screenshots to be presented to the Business.
- Participated in RFP reviews and made infrastructure recommendations.
- Examined, analyzed Test plans, Use Case Model, Test procedures based on RUP methodology.
- Performed GAP Analysis for the modules in production, conducted feasibility studies and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements.
- Reviewed proposed infrastructure designs for adherence to enterprise standards and approved design to proceed for provisioning.
- Expereince In using RACI model tool to identify roles and responsibilities during change process.
- Expereince in using SIPOC tool and assisted project manager in identifying all the relevant elements of process improvement before project begins.
- Used HP Quality Center and HP ALM softwares to record change and intiate bug tracking.
- Performed various process reengineering for improving the process and optimizing end to end processes.
- Performed requirements modeling and developed Analysis Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State Diagrams, Data Models, and Use-Case relationships using RUP tools in Agile Methodology.
- Assisted development teams in Testing for Bug Fixes in the daily builds and turn around for immediate fixes.
- Gathered Business Requirements from Product Owners to document requirements for mobile applications updates.
- Worked very closely with Developers and resolved any issues they have during development cycles and co-ordinate with Business for any clarifications.
- Create weekly Status reports for Business to track the progress of the project and highlight any deviations from the proposed plan.
- Involved in the BRD, FSD and DDR reviews with Business, Developer and Mapper.
- Co-ordinated some minor and major Releases and created Status Reports to communicate with top tier management heads.
- Worked with Project Manager and Development Leads in creating Project Plans and updating the daily tasks.
- Assisted Testing Teams in translating use cases to Test Cases. Also worked closely with Testing Lead in creating and validating Test Plans.
- Tracked all major and minor Bug fixes through completion. Validated production reports and escalated production bugs for immediate fixes.
- Maintained and kept track of stakeholder’s request for enhancements and changes using Unified Change Management Tool (UCM) such as Rational ClearQuest and JIRA
- Used Rational ClearCase, Configuration Management Tool to maintain different builds of the application with description about all changes and versions.
- Created User Manuals and provided User Training for the changes made to Mobile and Website.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, MS SharePoint, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), JIRA, Rational ClearQuest, MS Visio, MS Azure, Java EE7, SQL server 2012, SQL, HTML, UML.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Worked as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and document requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Business Process using MS Visio or Rational Rose Modeler.
- Generated test data by using TestPatrner on Guidewire Policy Center.
- Interacted with project stakeholders to elicit and document project requirements by translating business needs into testable, developer-ready requirements
- Produced professional quality project artifacts including but not limited to business requirement documents, requirement plans, models (e.g. data, event, context and process), traceability matrices, use cases, issue logs and other documents as needed.
- Ensured that system requirements meet business needs and that the business is able to fully integrate and implement new systems or system features.
- Worked closely with PM and helped in conveying project goals to the off shore team.
- Assisted the business in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Served as a critical resource and liaison between subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Worked with the business to recommend appropriate training, communication and scheduling as systems are deployed.
- Create reports on the Infrastructure Management Group's performance metrics including financials, goals, accomplishments, and server counts.
- Consistently written atomic requirements and RFPs to bring effective upgrade regarding client facing experience.
- Closely worked with SMEs to smoothly produce documents for Approval from various stakeholders.
- Worked with the project team to determine appropriate test plans, deployment plans and supports the product launch
- Participated in the Quality Inspection process for all requirements
- Secured Business Requirement Document approvals from project stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while simultaneously working multiple projects
Environment: Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, MS Visio, MS Azure, Rational Test Manager, SQL