- High Level of Expertise in the Financial Industry and expertise in capital markets with extensive experience in Equities, Fixed Income Instruments, Derivatives (Future, Option, Swap, Forwards), and Alternative Investments (REIT, Hedge Fund, ETF, Mutual Fund)
- Experience in the framework and foundations of risk management, including measurement and management of risks at enterprise - wise level
- Experience in applying various risk measurement methods such as Expected Shortfall, stress testing for quantifying market risk, operational risk and credit risk
- Worked with different Linear Time Series Models such as ARMA, Seasonal Models as well as Conditional Heteroscedastic Models such as ARCH, GARCH and their deviations
- Extensive experience with Trade activities, Trade Life Cycle, Capital Market, Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, Asset Management, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Cash Correspondent Banking, Cost/Profit analysis, Budget and forecasting.
- Strong Expertise with various regulations and compliances such as Basel II, Basel III and CCAR.
- Highly proficient in preparing Business and System Use Cases and supporting all the documents with UML diagrams using UML modeling tools such as MS Visio.
- Solid experience in creating Wireframes, Storyboards, and User flows, Process flows and Site maps.
- Extensive experience in developing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Expert in writing queries using the SQL Server to perform data analysis.
- Extensive experience in Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Star/Snowflake Schemas, OLTP/OLAP, and designing E-R Models; Worked with Erwin for Conceptual, Logical, and Physical designs.
- Proficient in documenting System Test Plans, Defining Test Procedures and creating Test cases on the basis of product release features, client's requirements and related technical documents.
- Ability to manage workload within time sensitive deadlines in addition to handling multiple projects or tasks under minimal supervision.
- MS suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- MS Visio
- MS SharePoint
- Rational Suite (Rose
- Requisite Pro)
- Quality Center
- Oracle SQL
- SQL Server.
Sr. Business Analyst / Data Analyst
- Analyzed FRB published mandatory changes for CCAR 14M reports and performed impact analysis on report automation process in Axiom.
- Worked with Finance Change and Finance Accounting team to gather the business requirements and transformed business requirements into functional and technical specifications for development and QA teams.
- Coordinated with development team to identify risk points in existing data sourcing process and provide the solution to remediate the risk.
- Created and maintained mapping documents for FRY14M Jump off point data sourcing.
- Performed data analysis across multiple reports in Axiom to solve user queries.
- Created test cases and performed functional testing to ensure the requirements were implemented as specified in the documents
- Collaborated with BASEL reporting team on gathering and documenting the functional requirements for the centralized mapping branch and updated the mapping table based on the new sourcing logic for Balance sheet and RWA items.
- Worked closely with business users and IT development team throughout the various phases of the project and obtained timely sign-off by all respective parties.
- Demonstrated a strong knowledge of financial instruments with regulatory experience and reporting/analytical skills
- Supervised and managed projects from inception to implementation, ensuring that project management methodology is followed throughout the project lifecycle
- Performed standard Management tasks including Performance Reviews, work assignment, and counseling.
- Led/participated in meetings at the operational and project level, provide continuous feedback on project status; offering constructive options to ensure project tracks to original expectations.
- Identified resources and/or scheduling conflicts; change in project scope; function as an escalation point to keep all parties aware of overall project impact, facilitating management decisions at the earliest possible time.
Tools: & Technologies: Axiom, JIRA, XML, Microsoft SQL, HP ALM, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio), Sharepoint
Business Analyst / Data Analyst
- Identified, understood and documented business needs for new market risk and credit risk module or re-usability of an existing module by performing a GAP analysis
- Worked on regulatory report of FR Y 14Q schedules.
- Performed data analytics with emphasis on credit scoring, credit risk, behavioral models, loan loss and general-purpose risk/profitability models by brainstorming
- Mitigated extreme technology risk by retiring unsupported applications for the Fixed Income Trading platforms
- Integrate multiple reference data masters for securities to eliminate manual entry and operational risk
- Developed trade-related work flows for fixed income trades flowing through to the settlement and accounting systems
- Developed business requirements for proprietary bond allocation models to be processed on Perform
- As Product owner involved in creating and prioritizing the Sprint Backlogs in CA agile Central, conducting Sprint Retrospectives and Reviews, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements
- Constantly interacted with stakeholders to develop release backlog and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) into use case for the IT team
- Provided specifications for Data Models, Logical and Physical Database design
- Performed data analysis using SQL server in addition to implementing ETL with the direct correlation to the data warehouse and data marts
- Documented Test Plan, Test cases and performed functional and stress testing
- Reported all the defects in Quality Center while conducting UAT and stress tests
- Managed all the requirements with Rational Requisite Pro, making requirements available to all team members
- Designed Aggregate report formats and evaluating COGNOS as strategic reporting tool
- Facilitated UAT and recorded the user feedback for future changes
- Conducted training sessions to make the users comfortable with the functionality and provided support on maintenance issues
Tools: & Technologies: CA Agile Central, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, Cognos, SQL Server, HP-ALM, Sharepoint, Jira
Business Analyst / Data Analyst
- Defining strategy level architectures and system/technology level architectures for Pillar I and Pillar II (including Balance sheet planning, Corporate Stress Testing, Liquidity risk, VAR implementation, EC Credit risk, EC Aggregation and Allocation).
- Documented methodology, data reports, and model results, and communicated with project team manager to share knowledge and involved in Monitoring and managing the data feeds into the data warehouse as well as extraction transformation and loading.
- Created the mapping business terms to Basel II standards and define their traceability
- Worked with platform owner and model owner to develop solutions for stress testing activities, including enterprise-wide capital adequacy stress tests such as CCAR.
- Worked with Reporting team to prepare FFIEC reports
- Worked with product management to help develop roadmap items related to IRR & FX Risk
- Designing Balance sheet planning and Liquidity risk framework methodology
- Involved in implementation of Business user implementation of EC Credit Risk
- Providing data, application and technology consulting in pre-feasibility and feasibility discussions with IT team members and business partners,
- Preparing project deliverables and documentation as needed to support Confidential 's Architecture-related processes
Tools: & Technologies: Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac OS and Android, SQL, HTML and XML, Oracle 8i, MS SQL server, MS Access, Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio, Rational Rose, RequisitePro.
Business Analyst/ Data Analyst
- Understanding the functionality of the existing systems and designing stress testing activities
- Designing process manuals for Counterparty Credit risk & Market risk
- Designing the overall architecture of the system
- Created accurate and timely work stream and project level reports to support the goals of the Basel II program and retail credit work stream.
- Assisted in development of the Basel II Implementation Plan for submission to OCC/FRB.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) from source systems.
- Developed complex mappings using multiple sources and targets in different databases, flat files.
- Creation of data attributes and tables for traded products.
- Implementation and customization of RWA calculator
Tools: & Technologies: Rational Suite, MS Project, MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS POWERPOINT. Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS, Android, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 and IBM Cognos
Jr. Business Analyst
- Engaged stakeholders in gathering software requirements/business rules and ensured alignment with development teams
- Translated stakeholder's requirements into over 10 different deliverables such as functional specifications user case, user stories, workflow/process diagrams data flow/data model diagrams
- Evaluated risks related to requirements implementation, testing process, project communications and training saving the company a large sum of money
- Identify and reconcile errors in client data to ensure accurate business requirements
- Drafted and maintained business requirements and aligned them with functional and technical requirements
- Facilitated monthly meetings with clients to document requirements and explore potential solutions
- Successfully developed and administered a Data Reporting Tool application which allowed tracking of all data requests coming from all different departments in the organization
Tools: & Technologies: Waterfall, Jira, MS Office(word, excel, Powerpoint), MS Visio.