- Result - driven Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle: gathering requirements, analysis and implementation of projects.
- Expert in Business Process Mapping, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance, excellent analytical skills to understand the business processes and functionality, requirements and to translate them to system requirement specifications (SRS), developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modeling, creating scope documents, and conducting feasibility studies.
- Extensive knowledge of IBM Curam System solution for MLTC Eligibility and Enrollment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Curam functionality including case type and definitions: Application, Integrated Case, Product Delivery, Issue and investigation.
- Expert in gathering business requirements, evaluating data sources, data flow modeling, object modeling, business process modeling, case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis & testing various methodologies.
- Skilled in Project documentation (word documents-Project Charter, BRD, and FSD),Visio diagrams, power point presentations and spread Sheets-Requirement traceability matrices, test plans and test case scenarios and stored them using MS SharePoint.
- Experience in developing project plans using MS Project and MS Share Point, identifying documents, validating requirements, and reengineering process.
- In depth knowledge in waterfall methodology, agile scrum methodology and RUP methodology Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Experience in developing conceptual, logical models and physical database design for Online Transactional processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) systems, Master Data Management (MDM).
- Hands on experience in Master Data Management (MDM), managing Data and ETL processes to support solution needs.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, design and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers and to limit a project's exposure to forces of change.
- Expertise of UML in visualizing and documenting the artifacts using Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Expert in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- A balanced blend of Business, IT and Project management skill with strong in-depth and breadth of experience with multiple industry, technologies, frameworks and processes.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, can perform well both independently and with a team, always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform environments.
- OOAD (OOA/OOD)
- Business Requirements Document (BRD). WAP
- MS Access
- SQL Server
- My SQL
- Oracle DBA
- DB2. SQL scripting
- Windows basic UNIX
- HTML basic DHTML basic XML
- MS Office Suite-Excel Macros
- Adobe Photoshop
- Rational- Rational Rose
- Rational XDE
- Caliber RM
- Crystal Reports various NIKU products
- Intermediate level-Visual Basic
- Policy Forms
Confidential - Nashville, TN
Sr. Business Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Enforced Agile principles as the scrum master that resulted in a reduction of throughput across teams increasing delivery in a more efficient and shorter time.
- Developed cost estimating process for quoting new business that was adapted by entire division.
- Executed credit and financial analysis of the firm's and forecasted firm's performance with use of different cause and effect methods.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting review of the financial performance against the forecast with the budget holders.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Case.
- Clarified business needs; analyzed Requirements, Created Solution Designs, Data models, Web UI, Workflows and procedural guidelines. Configured user privileges, integrations, LOVs and delivered multi-domain MDM capabilities to Product Services.
- Conducted project kick-off meetings, defined project objectives and scope, tracked risks, assumptions and status of the project using JIRA.
- Serve as Scrum Master for the Development team, leading Sprint Planning meetings, Sprint Retrospectives, Sprint Reviews and Daily Scrum Calls.
- Use JIRA and Agility to track team progress and delivery performance.
- Documented the scrum’s day-to-day activities, procedures, policies and their limitations, to understand the existing process and find out the gaps. .
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations, gathering and analyzing requirements using RequistePro.
- Identify, research, Realize, investigate, analyze, define and document business processes and Use Case Scenarios.
- Met with business users to gather requirements for various SharePoint projects.
- Create and configure SharePoint sites and Migrate SharePoint sites and content using Sharegate.
- Used and Configured SSRS and SSAS for SharePoint Needs.
- Assisted with the facilitation and development trainings on using MS SharePoint 2013.
- Organized JAD sessions to flush out requirements, performed Use Case and work flow analysis, outlined business rules, and developed domain object models.
- Performed Gap Analysis by doing an in-depth study of the current process, planned implementation actions and change control process and also interacting with business heads to finalize the BRD document for the application by doing the requirement analysis.
- Determined, forecasted, and calculated excess and obsolete material, WIP, and finished goods. Calculated and reported scrap and rework.
- Implementation of RUP effort in different iterations and phases of the SDLC.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verified performance, reliability and fault.
- Acted as a resource in understanding how IS carry out business functions and assists in ensuring the timely and effective implementation.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Used Informatica and Data Stage for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD using UML.
- Drive usage and revenue growth through up selling & cross selling of various value packs, services and offers; based on the need, preference & affordability of the customers
- Assisted with user testing of systems (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Wrote SQL to verify and validate that results match the reference data being provided.
- Worked with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
Environment: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project, MS Visio, SWOT analysis, ETL, SQL, Windows
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Sr. Business Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Gathered technical and system business requirements, worked with end users to understand and document current state processes to analyze operations, determined project scope and kept stakeholders focused on in-scope items only, maintained Business Requirements document.
- Studied system capabilities, analyzed alternative solutions and prepared system specifications.
- Maximize revenue generating base by identifying and addressing the zero usage customers
- Developed standard Business Process Models detailing the Curam Eligibility Enrollment solution process and presented the models to the State.
- The system processes: Screening, Intake, Eligibility, Evidence, Curam Express Rules (CER), Income support, Intelligent Evidence Gathering (IEG), Activation, Administrator and Work Queues to name a few.
- Presented and facilitated IBM Curam MLTC Eligibility and Enrollment business system process to the state, conferred with IBM and walked through the MLTC Eligibility and Enrollment Solution blue print for the Curam COTS product.
- Provided solutions to management after understanding by current state processes and recommended future state solutions that resulted in cost savings of $50,000.
- Participated in project management by creating roadmap, identifying phases that project needed to be broken out into, and ensured that project stayed on task and within budget of $30,000.00
- Supervised Unit and UAT testing of new software.
- Facilitated training for large groups and one-on-one sessions both in person and via Web-Ex.
- Provided technical support/assistance during the whole implementation process.
- Ensured that quality service was provided to internal and external customers by establishing and enforcing organizational/operational standards.
- Employed change management techniques to result in successful adoption of system and new business processes.
- Prepared reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data gathered.
- Attended educational workshops, reviewed professional publications, and worked to establish personal external relationships with stakeholders outside of the organization.
- Utilized industry benchmarking practices and was actively engaged in attending professional societies meetings to benefit the organization.
Confidential - Los Angeles, CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interacted with client groups to determine user requirements, Business rules and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low-level use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- Project Representative on the Database Reconciliation Tools Task Force to work on Feature Usage Tracking.
- Developed the Technician Detail System Requirements for the comparison between the Network Features Usage and Billing Orders.
- Followed Agile Iterative development approach and was involved with all iterations of the development life cycle and risk management.
- Extensively worked with Project Manager to determine the current best practices for requirement gathering
- Set up Demand deposit accounts automatically to adjust with interest rates when rate changes occur in money market accounts like mortgage accounts, bond accounts.
- Analyzed the strategies of Risk management, Mortgage, Fixed Income and Derivatives in the investment division and conducted Portfolio Performance measurement: return, calculation and attribution.
- Created and participated in JAD sessions to analyze and prioritize competing business needs.
- Involved in reporting the schedule and the plan of the project using Business Intelligence.
- Examined, analyzed and modeled test plans, test scripts, test procedures and use case scenarios based on RUP methodology.
- Used Test Director to coordinate and manage the master test plan, test scripts, testing resources, pass vs. fail cases and the entire testing process.
- Wrote clear, concise detailed system requirements specification (SRS) documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop the application with minimum guidance.
- Analyzed problem incidents, debug SQL and implement fixes.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Defined program and project goals, objectives, products, services, constraints, assumptions, risks and facilitated processes by working with the project team, sponsor, and stakeholders to baseline the scope of the work and enable development of the plan.
Environment: Agile, UML, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Quest, SQL, Windows XP, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook), PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL and Windows
Confidential - Mclean, VA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducted one to one interviews with Portfolio Manager to gather Business Requirements and was involved in the documentation of Business Requirement Documents.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic Project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted Project related presentations.
- Identified internal and external system Requirements, design and configuration set-up.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the Business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the Business line, including the Business Plan, Products, and Process.
- Created alerts against tableau dashboards and from different data sources using Metric Insights.
- Developed and Published Packages in Framework Manager
- Translated the Business needs into system Requirements, communicating with the Business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view.
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Developed Business Requirement Document as well as High-Level Project Plan.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Generated SQL queries to develop risk reports.
- Developed Functional Specification Document and Supplementary Specification (non-functional) Document.
- Worked with developers to make sure that they understood the Use Cases.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Partnered with the Technical Areas in the research and resolution of System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Develop User Manuals, and Training Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, Windows, SQL, PLSQL, XML, VB, J2EE, ASP, Crystal Reports, Adobe Photoshop, Mercury TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner