- Seasoned and result oriented health information technology professional, with a strong track record of guiding complex and challenging projects to successful outcomes. 10 years of progressive experience inbusiness analysis and project management. Tech savvy physicianwith growth mindset, who bridges the gap between stakeholders from health, business and technology sectors. Well accustomed to best practices in business analysis and project management in health sector; has successfully collaborated with large cross - functional and cross-cultural teams, from project initiation through execution and close out.
- Passionate about technology and healthcare. Strong believer in the ability of technology, systems thinking, and mission-driven teams in solving challenges in health sector.
- Strong functional experience and knowledge on Medicare and Medicaid(Part A, B, C D), PPO, EPO, POS, and HMO health insurance plans, and CMS, CDC and FDA guidelines.
- Expertise in Picture Archival and Communication System (PACS), Telehealth, Teleradiology, mHealth, Health Information Exchange (HIE), Electronic Health Records (EHR), Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Experience with practical implications of HIPAA, HITECH, PPACA&MACRA (MIPS & AAPM).HIPAA ANSI X12 5010 transactions, code set rules such as EDI 837, 834, 835, 270, 271, 276, 277 and ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS.
- Proficient in working on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall, V-Model, Spiral, RUP (Rational Unified Process), Lean and Agile (Scrum, XP). Hands-on experience in Scrum and XP (Agile) best practices, such as Paired Programming, Refactoring, Continuous Integration (CI),Test Driven Development (TDD), Automation Test Driven Development(ATDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Proficient in SWOT Analysis, MOST Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, GAP Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, ROI Analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact Analysis, As-Is & To-Be Mapping, Value Stream Mappingetc.
- Extensive experience in eliciting requirements from stakeholders and users by utilizing methods like Interviews, Surveys, Observation, Brainstorming, Workshops, and Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Ability to work seamlessly with stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME) from multiple domains, aligning objectives, developing consensus, managing expectationsand in delivering results.
- Proficient in creating UML diagrams such as Use Case diagrams, Class Diagrams, Object Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagramsData Flow Diagrams (DFD) and in creatinghigh fidelity and low fidelity prototypes including Sketches, Wireframes and Mock-Ups. Used MS Visio, Lucid Chart and Balsamiq.
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing (DWH), Database Schemas (Star, Snowflake, Galaxy), Data Marts, OLAP operations (Roll up, Drill down, Slice, Dice & Pivot), Extraction-Transformation-Loading (ETL), Data Staging,Data Mapping, Data Cleansing, Data Loading, Data Analysis, and Data Presentation
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence(BI), including Descriptive, Prescriptive and Predictive BI. Well versed in using tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos and Power BI for creating insightful reports.
- Excellent documentation skills for developing Concept Proposal, Scope Documentation, SOW, Project Charter, Project Plan, Risk Management Plan, Business Requirement Documentation (BRD), Functional Requirement Documentation (FRD), System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM), Test Plan, Performance Reports, Risk Register, Risk Matrix, Stakeholder Matrix, RACI Matrix, and other related artifacts.
- Used DDL, DML, & DRL SQL Queries. Well versed withSQL skills such as CRUD(Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations, Stored procedures, Views, bulk insert for Data Import & Export.
- Experienced in development and implementation of Test Strategy, Test Plan, Unit Test, System Integration Test, User Acceptance Test (UAT), Regression Test, Black-box Testing, White-box testing, Grey-box testing, Soak Test, Stress Test, Performance Tests. Worked on Manual testing and Automated testing.
- Strong experiencein SOAP and REST API (Application Programming Interfaces),API documentation& development, Web services, n-tier architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices, and Cloud Computing.
- Well versed with industry standards such as ISO, Six Sigma, SOX, BABOK, PMBOK, and CMM.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to tailor presentations towards different functional areas of business.
- Exceptional ability to adapt to changes and emerging trends in technology and working environment. Ability to prioritize, manage and deliver on multiple projects and tasks consistently.
- Waterfall, Waterfall-Scrum, V-model, RUP, Scrum, XP, Kanban
- Windows, Mac OS
- MS Project, JIRA, Rally (CA), Version One, Pivotal Tracker
- HP UFT, HP-QC, Cucumber, Selenium, Swagger
- MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
- Informatica, Erwin, TOAD
- Tableau, MS Power BI, IBM Cognos
- MS Visio, Lucid chart, Balsamiq
- GitHub, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
sr. business systems analyst
Confidential, Melbourne, Florida
- Responsible for taking and innovative telehealth concept to a market ready solution.
- Held brainstorming sessions with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to clearly define the functionality of the domain and the various processes that it was required to perform.
- Mapped Customer Care Pathway, identified pain points and proposed solutions.
- Defining short and long-term product vision and communicating it to the development team and stakeholders. Responsible for aligning stakeholders and for managing expectations.
- Collaborated with Project Manager and created artifacts such as Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Gantt Chart, RACI Matrix, Stakeholder MatrixandRisk Register
- Gathered requirements, prepared RFI, identified vendors, conducted demos, prepared RFP, shortlisted vendors, prepared RFQs, selected and partnered with technology vendor to create MVP for pilot testing.
- Secured BAA (Business Associate Agreements) and followed ePHI protection guidance to ensure HIPAA & HITECH compliance. Created Minimally Viable Product (MVP) within a month, conducted Failure Mode Effective Analysis (FMEA), obtained Class II FDA clearance through Letter to file.
- Validated technological feasibility, clinical feasibility and business model viability through pilot tests as Clinical Science Projects under Master Research Agreements in wound-care segment, musculoskeletal segment and emergency medicine segment. Assisted Product manager with product demonstrations.
- Created Business Requirement Specs(BRS), Functional Requirement Specs(FRS), User Requirement Specs(URS), Use Cases and Workflow diagrams in Water-Scrum-Fall.
- Facilitated Sprint 0, Scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective), and Backlog Grooming
- Collaborated with PO inextracting User Stories, mapping dependencies, managing risks, and for prioritization of Product backlog. Ensured that DEEP backlogs are available for at least 3 sprints, throughout the project.
- Worked with PO in workflow and role based vertical slicing to break down user stories. Defined Acceptance Criteria and helped define Definition of Done. Performed MoSCoW and technological risk-based backlog prioritization
- Worked on Swagger editor for REST API documentation and Swagger UI for API Testing. Worked on Cloud-hosted Web services and on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Frequently usedSQL queriesfor data retrieval, data analysis, data validation and data reporting.
- Involved in creating Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Documentation, Determining Severity & Priority of defects, Defect Reporting. Involved in conductingUnit Testing, System Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing
- Conducted document analysis, brainstorming, interviews and JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions with clinical, administrative and technical stakeholders to elicit requirements and to manage expectations.
- Created UML diagrams (Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Activity Diagram) to facilitate development.
- Developedhigh fidelity and low fidelity prototypes to facilitate client centric, iterative development.
- Created Excel mockups and performed large set data analysis using advanced excel tools like v-lookup, data imports, pivot table. Enabled administrators and clinicians to foresee effective use of data to improve quality metrics.
- Worked with System Architects and Subject Matter experts (SME) to enable HIPAA and HITECH compliant data extraction, data virtualization, data analysis and presentation.
- Liaised with Clinical and Administrative stakeholders in identifying qualifying initiatives for MACRAQuality Payment Program (QPP). Advised in effective use of data to monitor KPIs for selected initiatives.
- Created Business Requirement Specs (BRS), Functional Requirement Specs (FRS), User Requirement Specs (URS) and Data Mapping Documentsfor multiple projects in Waterfall framework and Waterfall-Scrum-Hybrid framework.
- Actively supported Project Manager in managing Project scope, Schedule, Dependencies, Budget, Risk, and Status reports throughout out the Project life cycle (PLC).
- Actively participated in Scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review & Sprint Retrospective) and coached the team in self-management and adherence to time boxes. Maintained Impediment Log and proactively resolved impediments and blockers.
- Conducted user story writing sessions with Product Owner, extracted User Stories and compiled Product Backlog with DEEP user stories that satisfy INVEST criteria. Conducted Backlog Grooming Sessions with Product Owner and Development team to refine Product backlog by applying Estimation Techniques (Planning Poker), Sizing Techniques (Vertical Slicing) and Prioritization techniques(MoSCoW, Walking Skeleton).
- Worked with Product Owner and Development team to negotiate on Acceptance Criteria for PSPI (Potentially Shippable Product Increment), on Definition of Done and in adopting Technical debt management strategies. Collaborated in generating Scrum artifacts such as Product Backlog, Sprint backlog, Release Burn down chart, Sprint Burn down chart, User Story Mapping and Scrum Planning Boards.
- Performed ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) with Informatica,Data Modelling with Erwin, Data Mapping with TOAD, EDW with Oracle RDBMS, Data Analysis (Predictive Analytics) with Tableau, Ad-Hoc query & reporting using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBI-EE), and Data Mining with R-based Oracle Data Mining Interface.
- Used HL7 compliant REST APIs to extract data from source layer and to display data in the presentation layer.
- Developed and executed test strategy, test plan, test cases, test documentation and test reporting. Conducted functional walkthroughs and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions.
- Performed Automated testing with Selenium Web driver. Used Cucumber to perform Unit tests written in Gherkin Format. Integrated Selenium with Cucumber to enable behavior driven development (BDD).
- Created and maintained SQL tables, scripts and complex queries for data analysis and extraction
- Frequently used SQL queries for CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations. Used SQL and excel skills to gather, analyze and visualize data for successful executive presentations.
- Performed advanced data analysis to develop integrated process improvement plans and projections for strategic decision support to enable improved patient outcomes.
- Provided extensive insights into processes, correlations, causations and outcomes through visually rich, dynamic, and insightful dashboards.
Environment: MS Windows, MS Office, Microsoft Visio, Scrum, Cerner Informatica, Erwin, TOAD, Oracle, JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, SharePoint, Tableau, OBI EE, R-based ODM Interface (RODM)
Sr. BUSINESS ANALYST/jr. Project Manager
- Conducted JAD (joint Application Development) sessions with KOL (Key Opinion Leaders), Clinical Stakeholders, Technological stakeholders and Business stakeholders.
- Appliedclinical, technical and business expertise in requirement analysis and documentationto create Business Requirement Documentation (BRD), Functional requirement Documentation (FRD)&System Requirement Specs (SRS). Created and managed requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Demonstrated capability to build strong relationships and to deliver high quality customer service, working with clinicians, para-clinical staff and radiologists on a regular basis.
- Conducted Customer care pathway mappings and applied lean methodologies to reduce waste and to maximize value.
- Led cross functional team meetings to come up with functional design of business problems.
- Worked with Project Manager in coordinating all aspects of project such as initiation, planning including budgeting, scheduling, task assignment and tracking. Collaborated with the Project manager in creating artifacts such as RACI Matrix, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and Risk Register.
- Worked with R&L to interpret regulations and guidelines and ensure the system is compliant with HIPAA, HITECH.
- Acted as a liaison between development team and regulatory subject matter experts (SMEs) to facilitate R&L compliant application development.
- Conducted regular meetings with various departments to track variances. Effectively communicated with Senior Management to keep them updated on project progress.
- Performed Quality Assurance functions, including test strategies,test plans, test cases and test procedures.
- Followed Behavior Driven Development (BDD), which integrated both Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) for building application components.
- Wrote Test Cases, worked with Testers to conduct and document Manual and Automated tests on HP UFT.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries through MS Access for Data Validation and Reporting. Used Tableau and Excel (Lookup, Pivot & Macros) for advanced data analysis on performance metrics.
Environment: MS Windows, MS Office, MS Access, Balsamiq, Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid,HTML, CSS, XML, Java, Eclipse, JIRA, Sharepoint, Tableau, HP-UFTsr business analyst| Confidential, nyc | feb’14-oct’14
ConfidentialSr. BUSINESS ANALYST/jr. Project Manager
- Conducted As-Is To-Be mapping andGAP analysis of business process, workflows and architectureat conceptual and physical levels.
- Conducted data analysis, interviews and JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions to reconcile business and technological stakeholder requirements. Designed and developed Business Process models and UMLs - Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked with project manager in creation and maintenance of BRD, FRD, SRS and RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix). Worked with Project manager to create SOW (Statement of Work) and Project Plan. Assisted Project manager in creating and maintainingRBS (Requirements Breakdown Structure), WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and Gantt chart.
- Prepared conceptual (business) data modelandfacilitated logical (ER Model) data modeldevelopment. Identified, documented and tested the data mapping feeds from several source data systems to destination applications.
- Analyzed Business requirements into workflows to depict various scenarios of system to createRFI and RFP.
- Performed Risk Analysis, created Risk Register, RACI Matrix. and influenced the organization to adopt recommended solutions and tradeoffs Ensuring defined PMO processes being followed, and compliance with company's standard policies and procedures.
- Managed the change control process and ensured adherence to the company's change management process.
- Actively facilitatedUser Acceptance Testing (UAT)with Business Users, created defect reports, and attained sign off.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries using joins, unions, outer-joins and aggregate functions to extract data from different databases for timely reporting and validation.
- Assisted in development of User Interfaces and prepared screenshots to get business's buy-in on the requirements.
Environment: MS Windows, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, Waterfall, Share-point, Oracle, SQL, HP QCbusiness analyst | infosys, bangalore | oct’12-dec’13
ConfidentialSr. BUSINESS ANALYST/jr. Project Manager
- ConductedJAD sessions and workshops, to elicit requirements and to reach consensus.
- Conducted As-IS & To-Be Mapping. Conducted GAP analysisonHIPAA X12 4010 to HIPAA X12 5010 conversion
- Worked on EDI transactions 270 (eligibility request), 271(eligibility response), 276(status request), 277(status response), 837(claim process), 835(claim remittance), 834(health plan enrollment).
- Created UML diagrams (Workflow, Use Case, Activity) for design transparency and communication.
- Created BRS, FRS and URS according to stakeholder requirements and feedback
- Tracked and maintained Stakeholder requested changes using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Worked on Use Cases for FACETS batch processes. Involved in claim adjudication process of FACETS application
- Involved in Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis for migration of ICD 9 CM to ICD 10 CM and ICD 10 PCS.
- Conducted ICD 9 to ICD 10 forward mapping and backward mapping with GEM(General Equivalence Mappings).
- Participated in the planning and development of test strategy and test plan to meet the QA needs of the client.
- Responsible for writing SQL Queries to find out that the data is correctly populated in each field.
- Produced clear user manuals & training guides for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and deployment for end-clients with step-by-step instructions and created appropriate GUI screenshots.
Environment: MS Windows, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, Oracle, SQL, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, FACETS, HP QC, Load Runner, XML. clinical business analyst | philips healthcare, mumbai | mar’11-aug’12
ConfidentialSr. BUSINESS ANALYST/jr. Project Manager
- Conducted Document Analysis (Secondary Research), Surveys, Focus Groups and Interviews (Primary Research) to elicit customer and market requirements in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, and presented findings to executive committees.
- Conducted As-Is and To-Be mapping and Gap Analysis to ensure Product-Market fit.
- Worked with the Product Director (Business Owner) to create Product concepts and Concept proposals.
- Created MVP (Minimally Viable Product) to conduct lean validation sessions with KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders)
- Collaborated with Project Manager in developing Project Plan and in conducting Risk Analysis.
- Collaborated with Product manager in developing Business Requirement Documentation (BRS), Functional requirement Documentation(FRD) and System Requirement Documentation (SRS).
- Prepare and take ownership of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Collaborated with Research & Development, Regulatory, Legal, Marketing, Sales and Clinical Application Departments at different stages of Project Life Cycle (PLC).
- Liaised with Clinical Application Specialists, Surgeons, Physicians and Development teams to facilitate customer focused development.
- Involved in creating test plans, test cases, test scripts and testing traceability matrix and in developing test strategies for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: MS Windows, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, MS Dynamics, Sharepoint, Visual Studio, .NET, TFS, V-Model, HP QTP, Qlik Sense healthcare business analyst | aims, kerala | oct’09 - jan’11
ConfidentialSr. BUSINESS ANALYST/jr. Project Manager
- Collaborated with business and clinical stakeholders to prepare the Business Proposal
- Conducted extensive feasibility study, risk analysis and assisted in creating SOW (Statement of Work).
- Co-created Project plan and WBS(Work Breakdown Structure) with Project Manager.
- Responsible to elicit requirements from end users such as clinical staff, para clinical staff, clerical staff, and hospital administrators.Worked with administrators to elicit detailed requirements for EDW and BI (Business Intelligence) and with Clinical staff to elicit requirements for EHR. Acted as a bridge between clinical users and development team.
- Worked on creating and took ownership in tracking Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for the EHR and BI systems.
- Played a key role in converting paper-based Analog data into digital data.
- Assisted the development team with Data Warehousing processes, including Data Extraction, Data Cleansing, Data Mapping, Data Virtualization and Data Federation.
- Enabled advanced Analytics with MS Power BI. Unraveled actionable insights to initiate projects to improve health metrics.
- Assisted the testing team in creating Test Plan and in User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Developed User Manuals and rolled out training sessions for users.
Environment: MS Windows, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Access, MS Project, Informatica, Power BI, Oracle RDBMS, Waterfall, .NET, Visual Studio, HP QCclinicalbusiness analyst | aims, kerala | Jul’08-sept’09
ConfidentialSr. BUSINESS ANALYST/jr. Project Manager
- Collaborated with the Project Manager in creating and in securing approval for Business Proposal and Project Plan
- Conductedworkshops and interviewswith clinicians, surgeons and residentsto elicit granular requirements.
- CreatedBRS (Business Requirements Specifications), FRS (Functional Requirement Specifications) and SRS (System Requirement Specifications).Created and maintainedRTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
- Liaised between Clinicians and Development team to align objectives and to manage expectations.
- Created a database of EKG, Spirometry and SpO2 data to be used for simulation.
- Created clinical test scenarios in collaboration with BLS (basic Life Support), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and ITLS (International Trauma Life Support) certified medical professionals.
- Interfaced with business, clinical and technological stakeholders, throughout the development phase.
- Assisted the development team with clinical UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- CreatedUser Manuals and providedextensive in person and online Training for end users.
- Worked with clinical educators and surgeons to accelerate adoption of new learning tools.
- Developed a service and support system to resolve complaints and to gather customer feedback
Environment: MS Windows, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, Waterfall, .NET, Visual Studio, HP QC