To take a challenging role on business operations as Business Analyst and give an efficient and effective solution that would help the organization to achieve the best solution in business which would increase its productivity in market.
- Over 5+ years of industry wide experience in Transportation, Health Services, Software as a Service with focus on Business Analysis.
- Experience working in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing projects.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools like IBM Cognos, Tableau.
- Experience in being a liaison between business units, customers (internal and external) and various stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of Business Process Improvement (BPI), Business Requirement Gathering and Elicitation, Requirements Management and development, Business Process Flow (BPF), Business Process Modeling (BPM) and Change Request Management.
- Solid understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (such as requirement, analysis, design, data modeling, business process modeling, implementation and deployment).
- Involved in end to end implementation of the reporting solution including Requirements Gathering, Data Model Development, Report Development, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Production and Post Production Support.
- Skilled in Object Oriented Analysis and Design with experience in creating Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Unified Modeling Language (UML) using MS Visio.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Test Script, Test cases, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing Performance Testing and Functional Testing.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix to keep the stakeholders informed of the progress of the project.
- Extensive experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Interviews and Work Shops for project definition involving analyzing requirements, creating prototypes, user interface, database schema and system design.
- Organized, goal - oriented, self-starter, and ability to master new technologies, manage multiple tasks while following through from start to completion.
- Ability to inculcate new relevant skills with ease in a time sensitive frame.
- Good knowledge of Oracle and SQL.
- Experienced working in an environment using Agile methodology.
- Experienced in developing acceptance criteria and assisting in migrating the user requirements from summated to ready for test purposes
- Experience in writing queries/scripts for data analysis and QA report testing.
- Conducted successful projects with the help of teams to achieve deadlines timely and proficiently.
- Exceptional problem solving and sound decision making capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills as well as presentation skills. Experience working with business users as well as senior management.
- Assisting Project Manager in project planning and developing project task plans.
- Belief in teamwork, dedication, and professional ethics within the working environment.
- Experience providing ongoing system maintenance and evaluation of systems.
Databases: MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle
Languages: SQL, Visual Basic
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, V model, Big bang
BI Tools: IBM Cognos8x, 10x, Tableau
Testing Tools: Test Director, Quality Center
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/NT
Project Management: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel), MS Project
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visual Studio VSTS 2012/2013, Rational Rose
CRM: Salesforce, Nutshell, SugarCRM
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked with business units as well as internal and external stake holders to gather requirements
- Engaged various internal and external business units to validate the business processes and define solutions requirements
- Created documents and other artifacts to promote sustainable knowledge management within the organization
- Worked closely with program manager, project manager and senior business analyst
- Documented Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Non-functional Requirements
- Created application prototypes and screen mockups
- Created business process flow diagrams
- Created graphical representations of complex business processes
- Facilitated workshops for requirements gathering
- Performed Gap Analysis AS-IS / TO-BE for large applications
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix to keep track of the requirements.
Environment: Traditional SDLC, IS AS and TO BE Analysis, Microsoft Visual Studio VSTS 2013, GAP Analysis, Screen Mock Ups, Process Diagrams, MS Visio, Feature Documents, Wireframes
Confidential, Columbus OH
- Conducted interviews with clients to analyze their data and gather requirements.
- Prepared the Functional Specification Document (FSD) and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS)
- Prioritized outstanding defects and systems problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met
- Engaged members of the software development team to identify potential technical constraints, dependencies, Assumptions, non-functional requirements and transition requirements associated with a new solution
- Engaged members of data migration team to understand data storage requirements and reporting needs
- Engaged members of Infrastructure team to define environments needed such as production, test, development and others
- Experience in maintaining user accounts, roles, and profiles on Salesforce.com application, Customizing Salesforce.com fields, page layouts, record types, profiles, and roles.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by development team and QA team to make sure all requirements have been covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Was in regular contact with Business partners on the status of issues, action plans and timeframe for resolution throughout the development cycle.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix throughout the project.
Environment: Agile Scrum, PL/SQL, MS Office 2007, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Mercury Quality Center, Windows XP/2000
- Interact with a diverse base of user-groups to solicit requirements and manage expectations
- Support the performance of defining project scope business requirements analysis
- Act as liaison between users, product management, sales and developers to define software requirements and write detailed functional requirements
- Work with internal staff to develop and plan projects, escalate and report issues
- Work with external customers to manage project milestones, meeting notes, deliverables
- Develop and maintain project documentation such as project plans, scope and timelines
- Maintain internal company project tracking system for each assigned project
- Coordinate set-up of testing environment and develop and execute test plans
- Assist the users (customers) in acceptance testing, developing procedures, and updating documentation
- Training - Coordination and support of training program for customer.
- Maintain and update weekly project management status sheets
- Assist in the development and maintenance of related software documentation, testing plans and user guide
Environment: Agile Scrum, Competitor Analysis, Microsoft Visual Studio VSTS 2013, GAP Analysis, Screen Mock Ups, Data Analysis, MS Visio, Snag IT, UAT testing, Consumer Training, Presentations
- Performed tasks ad techniques required to conduct Stakeholder analysis & Interviews, Customer Research, Market Research, Competitor analysis.
- Conducted JAD sessions for clarifying requirement with Business Users and development team.
- Articulated and prioritized requirements based on business needs.
- Coordinated with development team, product owner, scrum master on maintaining and understanding requirements' traceability.
- Conduct user demos of system solutions.
- Participated in UAT, integration, smoke and regression testing and reporting functional defects.
- Data modeling of business rules and trigger conditions.
- Prototyping to create low & high fidelity wireframes.
- Responsible for maintaining and creating a rich user experience for the application.
Environment: Big Bang, SWOT Analysis, IS AS and TO BE Analysis, Microsoft Visual Studio VSTS 2013, GAP Analysis, Screen Mock Ups, Process Diagrams, MS Visio, Snag IT, UAT testing