- Business Analyst with 3 years of experience in elicitation, evaluation, analysis & management of User and System Requirements, Business Process Modeling and Business Process Improvement.
- Work with business and information technology teams throughout the requirements, design, coding, testing, and install phases to ensure changes were implemented successfully.
- Reengineered multiple systems that fueled improvements to productivity, efficiency, uptime and accuracy for global business operations. Developed code, system design and test/QA plans for all solutions and often coordinated the national or international rollout.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of projects.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending
- In depth knowledge of Project Life Cycle, User Interface Designing, Testing, Quality Assurance, implementation and support within Agile/Scrum & Waterfall environments.
- Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work. Detailed project planning and control including: Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Analyzing financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions in order to make informed investment decisions. Interpreting data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks, and economic influences.
- Supporting in managing vendor relationships, project team in the development of project plans, project schedule and budget to meet deliverables.
- Competent in transforming Business Requirements into Functional Requirements and designing business models using UML diagrams - Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Proficient in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions with IT Groups and Project Team Members, conducting Gap Analysis and documentation of Use Cases, User Stories and Logical relationships among the data, process, or events.
- Traced requirements through the development process and verified adherence using the Requirements Traceability Matrix. Strong Documentation Skills- Process Flows, Use Cases, BRD, FRD, Technical Design Document, Project Plans.
- Well versed with Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Rose, and MS Visio.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent planning and multi-tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to help enterprise make critical decisions.
- Effective Communicator with good Interpersonal and Client Relational skills.
Programming Languages: JAD, JAA, JAR, Java/J2EE, Salesforce CRM, SQL, HTML,Tableau.
Methodology Databases: DB2 and Oracle (SQL queries)
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows
Software: Microsoft Project and Visio, Rational Rose, JIRA
Processes/Technologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), SDLC, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Use Cases, Storyboards, Scenarios, UML, Joint Application Development (JAD)
Automation Tools: Rational Suite including Rose and Requisite Pro, Quality Center, SharePoint
Other Tools: MS-Project, MSOffice, MS Visio, MS (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Eclipse
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Analyze business requirements and segregated them into high level and low-level Use Cases, Activity and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- Analyzed financial performance of equity fund holdings in Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Liaison between Client and Business Partner’s. Conducted JAD sessions and Brain Storming Sessions with Client.
- Derived Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirement Specification (URS). Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications.
- Documentation of Business Requirements and Coordinated of approvals support of development and Testing Teams.
- Used Agile systems and strategies to provide quick and feasible solutions, based on agile system, to the organization.
- Assumed ownership and resolved over two dozen code anomalies to existing ASP3 application that provided a web based file folder application. Code fixes involved investigating and fixing ASP code, JAVA Script code and SQL statements
- Interviewed multiple stakeholders and defined the compelling Use cases for Enterprise Client Onboarding.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Worked in team environments and contribute to the team performance.
- Write clearly and communicate information and ideas scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Maintained Strict Change Request Management from the clients.
- Reviewed Test plans, Test cases, Test case execution using specification documents and Rational Test Manager.
- Created Data Dictionary for often used retail and technical terminology for benefit of developers and customers respectively.
- Created Entity Relation Diagrams to represent the relationships existing between designs the internal schema of a Database, depicting the data tables, the data columns of those tables, and the relationships between the tables.
- Performed Smoke Testing to ensure that the compiled software components of the Applications adhere to Project Standards, Performance Criteria and Functional specifications to ensure feasibility of testing effort.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and the business users, and the errors discovered were fixed and then verified via regression testing.
- Frequently updated the requirement and defect status as per the current status of the testing project in the Clear Quest.
- Used Rational Clear Case as Version Control System for any changes to common documents related to project like Use Case documents and Activity/Sequence Diagrams.
- Project management update and controlling to ensure on time delivery using MS project
- Derived Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirement Specification (URS). Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications
Environment: MS Visio, Java/J2EE, HTML, MS Project, MS Office, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Windows 7/10, MS- Access.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Reviewed online investing banking documents/case files.
- Analyzed and collected business requirements, identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document.
- Performed Requirement Analysis to Develop Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Prepared templates, charts, diagrams, workflows, and visual media for targeted audiences in support of business requirements gathering and other key business communications.
- Conducted review sessions on regular basis with QA and development teams for preparing status, delivery report and client reporting.
- Create test case documents that detailed the preconditions of screen page, action performed, and the expected results.
- Involved in developing applications using Java, J2EE and Struts.
- Designed and developed test cases for putting the application on manual testing.
- Responsible for the creation of custom objects, page layouts, record types, workflow rules, approval processes and customized fields.
- Worked with the team to create a project road map/blueprint ensuring effective remediation of all applications
Environment: Windows, SQL Server 2000, Agile/Scrum, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, HP Quality Center.
Business System Analyst
- Worked on Software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology, Framing out Business
- Transaction rules and related Documentation, creating Test Plans based on Functionality and Business rules.
- Conducted Surveys and Brainstorming sessions with SMEs for requirement gathering and prepared User Requirement Specifications Documents Created & managed project templates, Use Case templates, requirement types & traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Performed Gap Analysis of the As-Is and Should-Be process within the organization to analyze and fill the existing gaps in the business processes.
- Documented Use Cases and Activity diagrams using MS Visio to understand the requirements and communicate them to the development team.
- Examined, analyzed and modeled Test plans & Test procedures based on RUP methodology.
- Conducted feasibility study and performed impact for proposed enhancements.
- Verified the functional aspect as per the Business Process and validated the interfaces with the other systems and taken care of data conversion from legacy system.
- Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Used Rational Rose to visually determine the proper structure, key elements and optimal design for the database and to aid in efficient creation of tables and storing procedures.
- Wrote clear, concise system requirements specification (SRS) documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop the application with minimum guidance.
- Involved with auditors to build test scenarios & manage user acceptance test.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to test the functionality of the application.
- Coordinated with the development team in documenting End User Manual.
Environment: Windows, Eclipse, Java/J2EE, Struts, Agile/Scrum, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, HP Quality Center.