- Sr. Business System Analyst with 7 + years of experience in Healthcare, Insurance and finance domain through exposure to innovative business processes. I am a conscientious individual have been achieving excellent results through commitment striving to grab every learning opportunity and excel in business performance.
- In - depth knowledge and experience in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with RUP, Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in creating prototypes, mock-ups and wireframes for user interface designs using Axure and MS Visio.
- Clear understanding of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS and well versed with ANSI X12, HIPAA and HL7 standards.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries to generate reports, extract data from multiple databases for data mapping and analysis.
- Experienced in performing UAT testing, Ad- hoc testing to identify usability issues.
- Proficient with all phases of Requirement Management including eliciting, analyzing and documenting requirements.
- Communicate the business requirements and data mapping in technical terms to the ETL developers using Informatica
- Able to write detailed requirement specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant Business Intelligence focus.
- Excellent knowledge of analyzing requirements for data migration, data reconciliation, mapping rules, staging rules and transformation rules for the ETL processes.
- Understanding in solving complex business requirements in BI by designing data models, data processing logic, and UI.
- Write use cases, business rules, and other artifacts such as swim lane diagrams, activity flow diagrams and data flow diagrams to effectively articulate and represent business processes, desired outcomes, and requirements.
- Experience in Prototyping and Mockup tools.
- Inclusive knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involved in all stages Including Defining, Designing, Developing, Debugging, and Deployment of applications.
- Supported in generating deeply integrated applications and automation system in entire system.
- Involved in creating various artifacts like BRD, functional specifications, Use Cases, UML diagrams, data mapping documentation, pre and post RTM, weekly reports.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams based on UML methodology and business process flow diagrams, Data flow diagrams, state chart diagram using Microsoft Visio.
- Hands on experience working in the production support environment..
- Hands-on experience on loan origination system (LOS), fixed income products like (treasury, Bonds, notes and bills) and mortgage backed securities, Municipal Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Junk Bonds and Convertible Bonds
- Experience in implementing Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodologies to drive projects including creation of RUP artifacts. Well versed with software methodologies like Waterfall, Spiral, and Extreme Programming
- Expertise with multiple payer environments
- Functional experience in health Care Industry with vast knowledge on Medicare and Medicaid
- Extensive knowledge of reporting tools such as SQL and ACCESS for underlying database tables and resolve data issues
- Good understanding of various GUI & Web-Based user interface.
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Agile (Scrum)
Microsoft Applications/Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Front Page, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server
Project Tracking Tool: JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, SwiftALM, HP Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest, HP Quality Center, Service Now
Content Management Tools: Content Management, Adobe Experience Manager, SharePoint, Decision Support System
Testing Application/Tools: Oracle TOAD, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)
Integration Application/Tools: Trizetto, FACETS, NASCO, Informatica HIPAA, Validator, MAR, SUR, EPSDT, TPL, BPA, BIAR
Languages/Standards: XML, HTML, UML, SQL, HIPPA 4010/5010, ICD9/10, ANSIX12
Operating & Scripting: Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, UNIX, AIX, Windows 2003, Bash Scripting
Computer System Analyst, Minneapolis, MN
- Involved in gathering the requirements that were critical to the business process flow and using those requirements for the Business Requirements Document (BRD), for the implementation of the NPI in EDI X12 transactions as mandated by the Federal Regulation
- Conducted JAD sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to obtain domain level information, interviewing and asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed an understood by both business and technical team
- Responsibly handled HIPAA EDI validation from Medicare, Medicaid and other payers of government carriers Created documents that incorporated both the technical and functional details.
- Involved in creating documents and diagrams for Membership Enrollment according to the HIPAA 834 Compliance Standards for Membership Enrollment
- Worked with user to define user acceptance test cases. Involved in UAT testing (User Acceptance Testing) and Implementation
- Involved in HIPAA/EDI Medical Claims Analysis, Design, Implementation and Documentation
- Entered numerous claims for testing purposes to ensure accurate and quality adjudication and implementation of business and operational requirements
- Conducted Data analysis using SQL on the backend databases for producing mapping documentation and transformation rules for developers
- Analysis of existing data requirements using SQL to document functional requirements from high-level User Stories.
- Expert use of Service Now to manage and resolved Auction issues
- Completed User Stories that automated services using Service Now Incident Management
- Wrote complex SQL queries to extract and validate the data from the Facets database
- Extensively worked with Member/Subscriber and HIPAA Privacy Facets application groups
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with System Administrators and Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties
- Used Rational Clear Quest to track and maintain different versions of the project documentation
Sr. Business System Analyst/ Data Analyst, Bethlehem, PA
- Involved in interactions with the Subject Matter Expert, Project Manager, Developers, and the End-Users.
- Conducted JAD sessions as a lead facilitator in requirement phase.
- Worked in agile methodology
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys, JAD sessions and observations and created the Business Requirements documentation for building UI
- Interacted with Business Users to conduct thorough Requirements Analysis
- Involved in requirement gathering by conducting personal interviews, developing questionnaire, brainstorming, or role playing to get a better understanding of client business processes and creating requirements traceability matrix for tracking the requirements
- Designed ETL processes to load prospects to data marts. Applied complicated marketing segmentation algorithm to select targeted prospects for mailing
- Conducted Design Walkthroughs with end users, developers, managers, and analysts to gather the modification requests and to upgrade or change the business specifications for the product
- Developed UML Use Cases using Rational Rose and developed a detailed project plan with emphasis on deliverables.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases according to Business Requirements
- Maintained status report of the testing had been conducted.
- Involved in XML and JSON response format to support various clients.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance Testing, explained to the end-users the testing methodology to get the various data points from the different interfaces.
- Generate various reports and graphs in Quality center to analyze the AUT
- Used Quality Center as a Bug Reporting Tool for entering the Bug
- BSA for Service Now migration. Process of stories (system updates) procedures & queries writing
- Utilized Service Now repository to run ad-hoc demand analysis reporting
Business Analyst, Houston, TX
- Facilitated interviews and JAD sections with SMEs prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR)
- Conducted walkthrough with different departments heads to have a deeper understanding of BPR
- Used Agile/Scrum method for gathering requirements and facilitating User Story workshop with account holders
- Documented User Stories and facilitated story point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications
- Analyzed and prioritized the business requirements and generated reports to the BA team lead.
- Worked extensively through Agile development methodology by dividing the application into iterations
- Worked on to MS Visio prepare UML diagrams like Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Work flows
- Developed process flow diagrams for business process of the company, User Interface (UI) Wireframes and Mockups using MS Visio
- Organized and prioritized business requirements by using Scenario and Use Case to produce Requirements Structure
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Accepting Testing (UAT) and validation
- Assisted in organizing and managing all phases of the software testing process and tracking defects using Quality Center
- Coordinated with the test team to check weekly status and reported to the Project Manager using Gantt chart
- Participated and reported in daily Scrums, Sprint meetings and Sprint review meetings
- Participated in creating User manuals.
- Telephone, remote and email support of end-users with utilization of the Service Now ticketing system
- Worked effectively with Off-shore teams supporting development and testing
- Mocking the UI designs using draft UI in Pega, MS Visio, MS-Word etc
- Customized the solution based on the requirement by communicating with offshore and business to provide value added and technically viable solution to customer.
- Worked closely with the product owner and development team to prepare the product log to capture the features, prioritize and document the estimates and milestones for the release.
- Involved in writing analytical SQL queries to perform data analysis, data validation and quality check.
- Prepared reports used for account summary of collateralized debts obligations using crystal reports based on SQL
- Worked with development teams to ensure testing issues were resolved successfully as per the requirements.
Business Analyst, Dallas, TX
- Gathered functional business requirements from process owners and developed functional specifications for application enhancements.
- Worked on Agile Methodology and have hands on experience working in the environment.
- Acted as a liaison between the client and development team to support the client's data analysis and reporting needs. Utilized Agile/ SCRUM and PMI methodologies to monitor, steer, and develop project objectives. Learned e-Commerce business practices and different types of payment methods for understanding client's business better
- Conducted JAD sessions with supply chain management and development team to brain storm Point of Sale (POS) and Order Management System enhancements
- Wrote functional requirements and non-functional requirements based upon the approved business requirements by following UML processes and standard procedures for developing use cases, use case diagrams, and other supporting documentation for both web and mobile application
- Interacted with various members at the management level to understand business decision and analysis needs in order to generate appropriate and relevant data analysis reports and data modelling
- Created UML Activity Diagrams to depict business processes (AS-IS and TO-BE) and analyzed them for their efficiency and productivity
- Constructed Use Cases and Wireframes and translated them into Functional Requirements. Maintained traceability of requirements, and feature enhancements across builds
- Developed Use Cases and Test Cases for the Business Users, Developers and QA team
- Computed flexible solution for patient treatment plan and patient care plan.
- Worked with the technical team to ensure that varied changes including configuration change requests submitted by the test team are logged, cross environment impact is assessed and cross environment migrations are managed
- Co-ordinated onshore testers and developers
- Involved in initiating and conducting High level design reviews with the technical teams to drive design
- Prepared mock up screen for User Interface Design by creating the wire frame diagrams and layout and presented it to the business users using Rational Rose.
- Conducted regression testing as part of smooth execution of the project
- Co-ordinate business activities with Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and identify business issues, best practices and performance of other competitors using MS Visio
- Used SQL queries for reporting needs and for documentation
- Created Use Case Model using Rational Rose for developers and other stakeholders to understand the business process, depict roles, and procedures.
- Constructed Use Cases and Wireframes and translated them into a Functional Requirement Specifications document.
- Assisted project manager in planning, managing risks and preparing documents for audits.
- Coordinating with Business Customer for requirement validations and UAT
- Preparing UATs, Reviewing System Test Plans and defect monitoring
Business System Analyst
- Prepared business requirements document (BRD), which involved market risk analysis and credit risk management like continuous time finance& asset pricing and documentation.
- Assisted project manager in conducting GAP analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations.
- Identified processes for developing and documenting detailed business requirements. Data was collected from end-users, and analysts.
- Constantly worked with business users to understand changing requirements, worked with developer team to develop prototypes/Mockups, demonstrated prototypes to the business users as and when required.
- Created Use-Cases and Requirements documents to document business needs.
- Requirements were gathered through interactions and meetings and periodic walkthroughs with loan analysts, credit analysts and other potential users of the application.
- Conducted Use-Case reviews and identified gaps, leading to improvements/enhancements in the same.
- Ensured Use-Cases were consistent and covered all aspects of the Requirements document.
- Maintained documents and the effect of proposed changes on the project schedule and costs.
- Managed and tracked Defects using Rational ClearQuest.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrix for tracking the project updates.
- Worked directly with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
- Designed and developed scenarios based on business requirements.
- Performed risk analysis with the requirements to identify the key business risk areas for the project and prioritized the application development and testing.