- Worked as a Business Analyst in Finance(Banking), Healthcare(Government) and Telecom Industries
- Extensive knowledge of financial instruments like Fixed Income securities, Loans, Equity markets, Derivatives, Risk management and Asset Management
- Experience working with different software methodologies like RUP, Waterfall and Agile
- Experience in gathering requirements from stakeholders by using different elicitation methods like one on one interview, brain storming, surveys, Prototypes, JAD sessions, Mock up screens, etc.
- Good understanding of configuration, change management and defect management within the corporate environment
- Excellent skills in translating complex business concepts/strategies into deliverable product requirements and software requirement specifications
- Excellent business writing skills in writing in Business Requirement Document (BRD), other functional and non - functional documents like Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications document (FSD).
- Strong Structured and Object Oriented Analysis and Design (SADT and OOAD) skills and expertise using CASE tools such as MS-Visio.
- Experience in gathering requirements, GAP analysis, SWOT analysis and participating in all phases of SDLC
- Good knowledge in Informatica software and SAP BI (Reports and dashboards)
- Experience in software testing, developing test cases, test scripts and involved in System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Methodologies /Processes: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall, JAD, RAD
Requirements Tools: MS Visio 2003, Visual SourceSafe, Enterprise Architect (Sparx system), rally, TDP
Defect Tracking Tools: Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Mercury’s Test Director, Mantis
QA Tools: Mercury’s Load Runner, Win Runner, Quick Test Pro, Test Director, HP Quality Center
Reporting Tool: Business Objects XI 3.1/R3/R2/6.x, Business Intelligence 4.1, BODS
ETL Tool: Informatica 9.1
Data Virtualization: Composite studio server
Productivity/PM tools: MS Project 2003, MS Excel 2003, MS Word 2003, MS PowerPoint 2003, Snag It
Databases: SQL, ORACLE 9, IBM DB2
Operating Systems: Windows (95,98, 2000, XP, Vista)
Version Control: Quma Pro, Cvs Web Edit, Perforce
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Extensive knowledge of analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of reporting applications using Hadoop services.
- Working with different scrum teams in SDLC
- Analyzing SQL queries, Query database to extract a set of data for the required condition to support analysis and manipulate using excel to arrive Confidential a conclusion.
- Performed Root cause analysis of data discrepancies between different business systems looking Confidential Business rules, data model and provide the analysis to development/bug fix team.
- Extracted and analyzed data from Teradata and Hadoop to perform validations.
- Created Business requirement documents and AIS documents along with RACI matrix and traceability matrix
- Created requirements (Epics and User stories) in rally and tracked them throughout SDLC
- Created and tracked requirements in TDP (Technology Development platform)
- Created AID (Application interface documents) for downstream applications
- Conducted daily scrum meetings with developers and testing team
- Worked with SPI data (Sensitive personal information) with billing teams
- Working with Master data Management
- Provide assistance to project managers on project timelines and requirements
- Created Change Requests in project when scope changes as in change management
- Conducted one-one interviews with stakeholders on eliciting requirements and created Business requirement documents and Functional requirement documents
- Created use cases and use case analysis in design scope of agile methodology
- Facilitating JAD sessions and discussions with cross-functional teams to eliciting requirements process and development
- Worked with different lines of business teams to gather requirements in different projects Confidential the same time.
- Creating business process flow diagrams, UML diagrams (class diagrams, object diagrams, use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and collaboration diagrams using Visio and Rational Rose), Entity Relationship (E-R) Diagrams and Data-Flow Diagrams
- Worked with QDM team (Quality Data Management) on Audits of each requirement comes in DataLake and Created SQL queries for QDM audits
- Worked with QA team and created test cases and test scenarios in HP Quality Center
- Created SQL queries and test cases as part of testing and QDM design
- Familiarity with Hadoop/Big Data/Data Analysis.
- Ability to think analytically to identify gaps and ensure completeness of requirements.
- As the BIDW BA works on multiple projects which may be Confidential different stages of the SDLC
Environment: Agile, waterfall, Teradata, Hadoop, Rally, TDP, QDM, Confidential space, share point, UML, Clear Quest, Clear Case, MS-Visio, Oracle 9i/10g, composite studio server, Use cases, Word, Ms-Office, Excel, SQL
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Senior Business Analyst
- Extensively involved in all phases of SDLC (Software development Life cycle) and follows Agile methodology.
- Participated in a Discovery Session to define the scope of the project.
- Performed Gap analysis to check gaps in current and future system
- Gather requirements from business users, Stakeholders and Subject matter experts(SMEs)
- Analyze and create requirement documents by using different elicitation techniques such as JAD sessions, Questionnaires, workshops, prototypes, One on One Interviews with the stakeholders.
- Assisting user group in developing content, recommending enhancements and identifying new business requirements.
- Involved in training of new software (Composite Studio Server)
- Created use case scenarios with use case diagrams and documenting work flows
- Conducted Daily Scrum, Sprint planning and Sprint review meetings as a facilitator
- Conducted Joint application development (JAD) sessions for gathering requirements and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to customer
- Worked with different cross functional teams like Loans, Mortgage, credit cards, billing and credit monitoring departments
- Supporting IT team by creating BRD, functional specification documents (FSD or FRD)
- Supporting project manager with detailed project plans assisting in developing, scheduling and tracking project milestones
- Working with a cross functional and diverse team of business users and developers to track and resolve day to day system issues and end user requests and inquiries
- Used SAP BI reporting tool to generate, authoring, viewing and modifying reports and interactive visualizations.
- Created and maintained Change request spread sheets in Change management
- Create and review unit test cases, system test cases and test scripts to make sure that all requirements are covered.
- Created complex SQL statements to analyze data and create prototypes
- Studied the existing business process and created AS-IS workflow to illustrate the existing system.
- Used Unified Model Language to develop Object Oriented designs and created Structured and behavioral UML diagrams
- Created Domain models
- Worked in ETL mappings using different transformations and Analyzed the data by using data validation option (VDO)
- Worked with offshore team on user needs
Environment: Agile, waterfall, Teradata, ClearQuest, ClearCase, MS-Visio, Oracle 9i/10g, composite studio server, SAP BI, informatica 9.1, Use cases, Word, Ms-Office, Excel, SQL
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Coordinating JAD sessions with business users, developer, testers to analyze requirements, understand work flows and present the requirements specifications
- Conducted one on one interviews with Stakeholder and cross functional teams to gather requirements
- Involved in stakeholder analysis and management
- Proficiency in the child welfare and case management business area, policies and domain knowledge in welfare programs
- Experienced on Claims, Payments, Medicaid, Medicare, Provider, Portal, Billing, and Benefits.
- Worked with reports (Business Intelligence Tool) and created user training documents to understand reports
- Implemented RUP methodology for iterative and incremental development of the system.
- Involved in the creation of the Mockups and prototypes
- Coordinated with the stakeholders, SMEs and project key personnel to gather functional and non-functional requirements during JAD sessions.
- Recorded requirements in the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) defining each technical requirement in detail from areas like: main hardware, application software, networks, servers, internet and desktop configuration.
- Prepared Logical Process and Data Models that contained set of diagrams
- Prepared supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the data elements to analyze and document Business Data Requirements.
- Compiled the Visio flow charts and composed detailed Specification Documents in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Created UML class diagrams, use case diagrams and sequence diagrams to view the system from different perspectives.
- Incorporated stakeholder feedback throughout project lifecycle to ensure project quality and customer satisfaction.
- Used MS Project for managing schedules, resources and collaboration.
- Produced complete data mappings and data conversion documents needed for the application.
- Experienced hands on informatica knowledge (use of different transformations, mappings, workflows) and reporting knowledge from different Data warehouse team members Confidential the process of SDLC
- Trained in Master data management and worked
- Defining project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress using MS- Project.
- Acting as a catalyst between business users and IT team to facilitate iterative project development.
- Used GAP analysis, Risk analysis and cost-benefit analysis
- Creating process work flows, Functional Specifications and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Extensive experience with System Integration Testing (SIT), User acceptance testing (UAT) and training users on how to use the system built.
- Performed Functional and User Interface (UI) testing to ensure that the user acceptance criteria are met.
- Involved in configuration management, version control and defect tracking using Rational Clear Case and Rational Clear Quest
- Weekly Status reporting to the manager and client.
Environment: Rational Suite (RUP, UML with Rational Rose, Rational Requisite pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case), MS-Visio, Oracle 9i/10g, Informatica 9.1, Use cases, Word, Ms-Office, QA, Excel, Agile, waterfall, SQL, Visio, Business Intelligence
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
- Preparing and analyzing ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ of the existing architecture using Gap Analysis
- Designing workflow scenarios and process flows and documenting business process and business scenarios Confidential conceptual and procedural level
- Acting as primary liaison between IT and business personnel facilitating proper understanding of the business needs and criticality of business workflow
- Developing functional design specifications that adhere to design standards to meet defined business requirements
- Performing end-to-end analysis, Kano analysis and design of business systems including needs assessment, requirements gathering, prioritization, estimating and risk assessment
- Interacting with Subject Matter Experts(SMEs) and establishing a business analysis and design methodology around RUP
- Facilitating change management across entire process from project conceptualization to testing through software development and implementation
- Created sql queries to perform validation of requirement.
- Created xcelsius dashboards in Business intelligence and provided user training documents
Environment: MS-Project, MS-Visio, RUP, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, SQL, Oracle, Use case, QA, Agile, Word, Excel
Confidential, Islandia, NY
Business/ Systems Analyst
- Gathering requirements from users and SMEs by way of interviews and questionnaires
- Conducting feasibility studies to analyze requirements and suggest optimal IT solution
- Participating in the design of iterative software development process for building the application
- Facilitating JAD sessions with IT designers, developers, users and other stakeholders and preparing post session reports
- Worked on different forecasting models.
- Involved in Exports projects for Image dump, Data dump and standard exports.
- Agile SCRUM and conventional project management experienced
- Created Bi Directional Traceability matrix to ensure that all requirements are covered by test cases.
- Authoring business requirements document and Use Case documents using various UML based methods like Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, State chart Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Acting as a facilitator between users, stakeholders and IT team
- Developing Test Cases, Test Data and Requirement Traceability using Excel and performing UAT
Environment: Oracle 8i, Windows, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Use cases, Word, Ms-Office, Agile methodology, QA, Visio
Junior Business Analyst
- Conducted user interviews, gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements
- Created use case scenarios and documenting work flow and business process
- Supported IT team by creating functional specification documents
- Worked with a cross functional and diverse team of business users and developers to track and resolve day to day systems issues and end user requests and inquiries
- Performed Stakeholder Analysis to identify key players for project success and stakeholder management to communicate effectively with the right stakeholders
- Facilitate pre-scoping and scoping sessions with all relevant stakeholder
- Identified and involved all key stakeholders in the project and ensuring that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of project plan
- Created flow charts and traceability matrix.
- Created Business Requirements Document, validating business requirements with project stakeholders and conducting walkthrough meetings
- Facilitating JAD sessions and scheduling meeting with developers and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project
- Provided implementation assessment for Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, UML and RUP
- Created test cases documents and validated requirements.
Environment: RAD and agile methodologies, UML, Rational Rose, SQL, Oracle 9i, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Windows 2000, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Use cases, Word, Ms-Office, QA, Excel, Visio.