- Dynamic, Result - Oriented software professional with extensive experience (12+ years) across all stages in Software Development Life Cycle. Roles include Project Management, Project Technical Lead, Business Systems Analyst, Subject Matter Expert, and Development Lead & Senior Programmer.
- Over 12 years’ of extensive experience in Mainframe, RDBMS, SQL and Web technologies. (Includes COBOL, SQL, DB2, MQ series, Eztrieve, Endeavor, JCL, VSAM, FILEAID, REXX, CLIST, Abendaid and various other mainframe technologies). Expert level proficiency in MS Office.
- Proven leadership skills in managing large projects from conception to completion. Managed projects with over 10000 hours of development and with budgets > $1 million. Familiar with Waterfall, Agile and various other SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to motivate, manage and lead teams of professionals across platforms and geographical locations.
- Over 12 years of experience in the Insurance domain. Subject Matter Expert in several domains related to Automobile Insurance.
- Proficient in managing large projects, employees, consultants, vendors, onsite as well as offshore resources. Includes creation of project plans, estimates, timelines schedules and deliverables.
- Experienced in handling multiple teams, including both onsite and offshore teams (India & Vietnam).
- Adept in motivating individuals, building teams & maintaining focus of the team.
- Received several awards for outstanding performance during my career.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Lead, Business Systems Analyst, Project Lead, Subject Matter Expert
- Successfully led and managed large scale mainframe development projects with budgets of over $1 million and 20 member teams.
- Job requirements include creating technical designs, guiding, leading and managing a team a programmers.
- Guiding the project through all stages of SDLC until implementation.
- Extensive use of Mainframe technologies. Online - COBOL, DB2, SQL, Batch - JCL, COBOL, Eztrieve.
- Utilities like REXX, File aid, In sync, debugging tools like Expeditor, Abendaid and Interest. Scheduling - CA7.
- Subject Matter Expert in various domains of Automobile Insurance. Extensive knowledge in Auto Insurance Discounts, Vehicle Features, and other aspects related to Automobile Insurance domain.
- Designed and implemented a new table driven system for derivation & calculation of discounts. This reduced the CPU consumption by over 60% and dramatically increased the speed of the nightly batch process. This also facilitated modularity and enabled dynamic changes to the system through table updates.
- Designed and implemented a new system for updating vehicle features. This introduced a new and efficient method of file transfer from the vendor, and a new process of delivering batch updates to the system. Project also included maintaining the old system, in parallel, comparing results and finally decommissioning the old system in phases.
- Project lead for several large projects which includes.
- Played a lead role in requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing and implementation of over 50 medium to large scale enhancement projects.
- Managed, encouraged and motivated several associated teams (development, testing and support teams) including external teams / consultants, at the same time maintaining strict schedule of timelines and ensuring a quality delivery with attention to every detail.
- Single POC for all technical aspects of the above mentioned projects.
- Create weekly status reports on projects for review and discussion for IT and Business Executive Leadership team.
- Headed a team of programmers that generates data reports to Legal experts and External council.
- Includes working with Legal team. (Internal and external Legal Counsel). Understanding legal requirements, converting them into technical requirements, supervising a team of programmers to generate reports, validating and handing over the reports to Legal Counsel which are in-turn delivered in the court.
- Delivered over 500 small and medium and 5 large projects/ reports to the Legal team
Confidential, Basking ridge, NJ
- Lead a team of programmers who re-engineered a mainframe application system to enable to adjudicate a medical insurance claim in less than 10 seconds. (which previously took 48 hours)
- Responsibilities included analysis of the system, creating system specifications, technical specifications, coding, testing, deployment and support of this application. In addition to team management roles like resource allocation, task allocation, mentoring… and other team building activities.
- Coded large and complex COBOL programs (more than 5000 lines of code), including extensive CICS commands, VSAM file processing & MQ-Series connections.
- Experience in debugging large programs and re-designing complex legacy applications.
- Expert in technologies like MQ-Series, CICS, VSAM, DB2, and languages like Cobol, JCL, other tools include Expeditor, File aid, Endeavor, Omegamon, etc.
- Monitored & supported 24/7 applications. Fixed defects in production environment.
Confidential, Basking ridge, NJSystems Analyst
- Lead a development team responsible for the above mentioned project.
- Responsibilities included analysis of the system, analysis of individual programs, creating designs for new systems, data stores, coding new programs, I/O handlers for reading/ writing into VSAM / DB2 data stores and etc.
- Experienced in creating generic, re-usable components which are used for file handling
- Proposed new designs for existing application to create a more robust & efficient system.
- Used languages & technologies like COBOL, CICS, and DB2 and Etc. Other tools include Xpeditor, File aid, Endeavor, Omegamon, etc.