- Overall 11 years of professional IT experience in Business Analysis, Software Testing, Quality assurance and supporting critical business applications in US Defined Healthcare, Finance and UK Insurance Domain.
- Solid understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) methodologies
- In - depth knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP); risk engineering, data modeling and mapping, and design using UML (Unified Modeling Language), Rational Rose and Visio
- Good knowledge of Oracle and SQL
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional problem solving and sound decision-making capabilities
- Experience in writing queries/scripts for data analysis and QA report testing
- Conducted successful projects with the help of teams to achieve deadlines timely and proficiently
- Working knowledge of RMBS, Equities, Futures, Forwards, Options, OTC Swaps, Structured Products, ETF, Money Market and Fixed Income Securities
- Understand various margining methodologies in financing agreements with counterparties and coordinate with development team to implement them in form of margin calculators.
- Experienced in gathering and documenting business requirements and conducting working sessions for requirements gathering
- Rich knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall model, V-Model, Agile Methodology and QA Test methodologies
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meetings to document changes and implemented test procedures to test changes.
- Involved in the Test Case walkthroughs, assessment meetings, Peer reviews, audit meetings with the client
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Testing scope, Test strategy, Test-Case Designs and Test Scripting based on User Needs, Specifications and Systems Needs documents
- Worked as an onsite Coordinator for smooth flow of work between onsite and offshore
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities
- Experience in all kinds of testing e.g. Unit Testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Sanity testing, Functional Testing, SIT testing, Browser Compatibility Testing, GUI Testing and AS/400 & Mainframes Testing.
- Experience in conducting SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit and ROI Analysis
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix to keep the stakeholders informed of the progress of the project.
- Belief in team work, dedication, and professional ethics within the working environment.
- Extensive experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for project definition involving analyzing requirements, requirement gathering, creating prototypes, user interface, database schema and system design.
- Extensive experience in gathering Business/Functional user requirements, creating Use Cases as per user requirements, developing/designing diagrams such as Activity, Class, and Sequence diagrams, and in addition to creating Business Requirements Document (BRD).Experience in writing Use cases and Functional Requirement Document.
- Flexibility in adaption to a wide range of work environments
- Ability to inculcate new relevant skills with ease in a time sensitive frame
- Knowledge of ISO, Six Sigma and CMM standards. Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Proven track record of being an excellent individual contributor as well as an indispensable and critical team player.
- Experienced in managing mid-size teams and people from different locations and backgrounds
Domain: Healthcare, Insurance and Finance
OS/Platforms: Windows, Linux, AS/400, Mainframes
Ticketing/Tracking/Support: Amdocs Clarify, Amdocs Clear case, Amdocs Clear Support
Testing Expertise: UAT (Proficient), Database (Proficient), SystemFunctional, Regression, Smoke, Sanity
Databases: AS/400, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 using SQLMS-ACCESS
Test ware management: Test Director 8.2, Mercury Quality Center 9.2, HP ALM 11.0, JIRA.
Automated Testing Tools: QTP 9.1
Interfaces: Web, Java, AS/400, SQL/400, DB2/400, SOAP UI, AWD, I series Navigator
Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, UML, CMM
Project Management: Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS PowerPointMS Excel), MS Project, Workday
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose
Mainframe: DB2, SPUFI, CICS and JMR
Confidential, Sayreville, NJ
- Use Amdocs clarify to create cases, or work upon assigned cases/tickets, and to follow the STLC.
- Use HP ALM 11.0 and JIRA to create/log/track defects progress and to follow the defect life cycle
- Integrate, mine and scrub large data sets, connecting data from disparate sources to identify insights and patterns using various analysis patterns.
- Collecting business requirements and constructing detailed BRD’s.
- Providing input to QA for testing of functionality.
- Managing business user expectations
- Interacting with subject matter experts on a daily basis to establish proficiency in the business processes
- Gathering business requirements during sessions with SMEs as assigned by the Client
- Daily interaction with system users and application development teams to triage issues and support underlying technology
- Leading conference calls with cross-functional teams and stakeholders. Provide inputs and updates to the management for further strategies.
- Act as a liaison between business, project managers, application team and offshore test team.
- Develop testing schedule using WBS and ensure that testers are assigned tasks properly.
- Participate in the daily status meetings with project management to resolve defects and the issues found.
- Identify high risk areas specific to a project. Responsible for taking decisions whenever risk-based testing is required to be done.
- Ensure quick resolution of issues and queries raised by the testing team pertaining to the project.
- Ensure that testing environments, applications and tools are ready and available for the teams to work.
- Participation in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with development teams
- Performing validation of documented business requirements against business processes as assigned by the Client to ensure that business requirements accurately represent the needs of business stakeholders.
- Providing verification of developed software in accordance with business requirements and technical specifications as assigned through User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience with the translation of business process requirements into technical requirements
- Experience in producing business and/or technical documentation related to the requirements, specifications, traceability matrices, design, process and data flow diagrams, data migration, testing, and training.
- Identified specifications for billing and accounts receivable requirements, performed gap analysis and presented information to technical team to identify system requirements.
- Expertise in producing professional business documentation, Ability to facilitate business requirements and discussions with client staff on business and functional topics
- Experience in Automation Testing, Functional testing, Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) using the Waterfall Model and good understanding of Agile Methodology
- Evaluate and review new tools and identify the best fit solutions that meet industry standards.
- Work closely with Client SEPG group to identify testing needs and updates to automation guidelines
- Guide UAT team on testing strategy, test planning, test data conditioning and testing.
- Experienced in budgeting, resource identification, cost estimations and proposals
- Co-ordinate internal training for new testers on new applications
- Consult with business stakeholders and project managers to identify program objectives and timelines.
- Actively participate in project team to discuss design reviews, articulate design concepts and suggest usability enhancements to the Business.
- Appraisals, separation, resolving grievances, career progression planning for all the reportees.
- Quality Center Administrator for Company’s testing QC Domain.
- Partnering with Third party teams for identification of Security testing scenarios and sharing the results for the same.
- Sharing of new implementable innovative ideas to improve the product and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Participate in Audits and provide demos to the auditors on the required scenarios.
- Coordinate and work with leaders and PMO to determine resources and secure capacity for QA
- Was an active FA member of the SCAMPI CMMI Ver 3, in which the organization got certified successfully.
- Worked as a Healthcare SME on Blue Cross Blue Shield’s (client side) for Confidential, and performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for them, which garnered a lot of appreciations.
- Responsible for daily call with client regarding work management and assignment to the team
- Responsible for making and analyzing various types of Project trends, Estimation and schedules variances, slippages, Defect trend analysis, RAG reports, Metrics etc
- Managing the Test Effort Estimation, Resource Demand and Capacity Planning Management. Preparing and presenting various metrics like Defect Density, Environment Availability, Cost Per Script, Early Defect Detection Rate and Quality Metrics.
- Extensive experience of working on hosted services model and SaaS models
Environment: Mainframes, AS/400, DB2/400, COBOL ILE, and SQL
Confidential, El Segundo, California
Lead Business Analyst
- Requirements - Work with Requirements Consultant (RC)/Benefits Service Manager (BSM) to gather and clarify Requirements.
- Project Blueprint - Estimating, creating and assigning set of subtasks and defects to associates of support teams.
- Reviewing and ensuring successful completion of testing activities.
- Review Testing -Review that the work done is appropriately documented and executed successfully
- Involved in creating/maintaining of transactions in Mainframe System and accountable for testing incoming transactions of Mainframe system
- Production Support -Support production environment (defects and trends) and execute work flow and defect management with Outside Delivery Group (ODG).
- Gathering, understanding and analyzing requirements, writing test cases/scripts/conditions and reviewing them, All using Quality Center
- Execution, analysis and troubleshooting of test cases
- Data driven framework approach using QTP and MS-Access
Environment: QTP 9.1, MS-Access, Windows XP, Java, VB.Net, Quality Center
- Conducted working sessions for requirement gathering
- Participated in requirement gathering sessions and captured requirements.
- Wrote use case documents based on the requirements captured in the sessions.
- Worked with the business and development team to get requirements finalized
- Created Property Matrix for the development team to assist in build
- Communicated requirements to technical teams
- Created Power point presentations and reports
- Was involved in System testing, End to End Testing, Performance Testing, UAT Phases for the project
- Responsible for weekly status report that was distributed to all stakeholders.
- Participated in Test Status Review meetings
- Analyzed and Validated test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Analyzed the defects and categorized them based on severity
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to compare the requirements, test cases written, test execution and defects logged
- Imparted Training and facilitated Knowledge Sharing Sessions for onshore and offshore teams
- Conducting Functional, Regression and System Testing for Various Modules
- Coordinating the creation/update/review and execution of automated and manual test cases
- Communicating QA risks, milestones, and status to Leadership and Project Team
- Design, prepare and report test results through data dashboards.
- Open and track defects to resolution.
- Ensure the efficiency, integrity and completeness of tasks related to Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Manipulation of program files and tables through SQL/400
- Execution, analysis and troubleshooting of test cases
- Ensuring balanced allocation of testing tasks including test execution, discussing defects within team / with project team, logging, tracking and closing defects in Test Director and reporting to Test lead / Test manager.
- Key Role in Test Strategy and estimation. Conducting Scope, Test readiness review, and recovery meetings
- Generation of precode data using QTP
- Coordinating with different Technical and leadership bands
Environment: QTP 9.1, Mainframes, Windows XP, Java, Quality Center, JIRA, VB Script
- Working on US healthcare and all kinds of claims e.g. HCFA1500, UB92 and Pharmacy on a daily basis
- Debugging cobol programs, analyzing dump logs, and accessing root causes.
- Writing cobol programs, as and when required, on V5R4M0.
- Manipulating programs in real time, through debug, to test and validate certain scenarios which are not possible to test otherwise, given the limited time frame.
- Transferred I-O Modules into native COBOL Programming
- Trained other employees on the new COBOL programming and its functions and uses.
- Perform validation of the code.
- Designated SQA for my team
- Used Agile methodology
Environment: AS/400, OS/400, COBOL ILE, SQL/400, JIRA, Quality Center, Clarify, SOAP UI.