- “It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it”
- This in essence is what I stand for. A quest for excellence and an interest in new and complex issues attracts me towards a career in finance.
- Confidential to learn and an ability to work hard help me contribute to the success of the Organization.
- A Chartered Accountant by profession, coupled with an exposure to large corporate in different industrial segments.
- Possess an excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills backed by effective communication.
- Have been able to tackle the problems and anyalze the situation in a most organised way.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision and seeking additional responsibilities in the fast - paced, challenging environment.
Computer skills: Proficient in MS office applications, Hands on experience with financial packages SAP R3, Oracle, and Quickbooks & Tally.
Other Skills: PL/SQL commands
- Currently working as a Business Analyst for the Confidential Change division of Credit Suisse. The Confidential Change business works across the entire Confidential division to ensure execution of strategic design & implementation of any major changes to the current processes & systems. The work handled includes:
- A key liason role between Finance line and IT in deploying and building solutions to time sensitive Confidential initiatives.
- Understand business drivers, requirements and processes of FA/PC/Capital/Ops users in relation to posting to General ledger.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements (posting rules and associated static), document in clear, concise and comprehensive manner, and articulate to IT teams for their understanding.
- Perform data analysis on Production data to assess impact of business requirements on existing data flows.
- Perform detailed data analysis to assess and address data completeness and data sourcing gaps within the posting platform.
- Support project teams during the definition of testing requirements for posting. Perform Functional Testing, identify and analyze defects, and work with IT teams in their resolution.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing for FA/PC/Capital/Ops users, analyze defects raised and work with FA/PC/Capital/Ops users and IT teams.
- Collaborate and align with FA/PC/Capital/Ops users and IT teams to deliver project outputs and achieve project objectives.
- Coordinate with Integrated Release teams to ensure changes are complete in the Integrated Environment; support creation of Production Readiness.
- Hands on experience on Oracle PL/SQL commands.
- Understanding of DAL oracle based architecture which supports all Finance reporting activities.
- Was handling the entire accounting process for US operations, Canada operations & India operations. The major work handled includes the below:-
- Preparing the invoices on a monthly basis & monitoring the accounts payable functions of the organization.
- Monitoring the accounts receivable for the organization by following up on the same with the customers on a timely manner to maintain the cash flow of the company.
- The billing process in the company is on the hourly basis hence discussing with the management for the rates that needs to be billed so that the required profit margin is retained.
- Handling the payroll functions for the company including Canada & India for timely release of the payments to employees, state taxes & the health benefits.
- Coordinating on matters relating to state jurisdiction with the states to resolve the matters relating to taxes, interests & penalties if any.
- Managing the accounting functions for India by guiding and instructing the employees working in India.
- Preparation of management reports to show the revenue, profitability, variances in the profits & loss on month on month basis to help the management in taking the strategic decisions for the future in regards to revenue generation.
- Preparing the journal entries for the transactions which are not defined in Quickbooks thereby ensuring that all the transactions on a monthly basis have been recorded for.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation statements thus ensuring that all the expenses & receipts are recorded in the bank ledger.
- Hands on experience on Quickbooks & Tally accounting software packages.
- Was handling the Legal Entity Controllers function for Japan region. The process handled includes the following:-
- Have travelled to Tokyo for deploying the tasks to Pune. Have been able to cope up with the transition in a smooth & most efficient way.
- All necessary documentation with desired quality were delivered & was able to achieve 97% documentation on time & quality while being at Tokyo itself which was a point of appreciation from the management.
- Preparation of Legal Entity Packs i.e. Profit & loss & Balance Sheet & the corresponding supportings for one of the entity in Tokyo. Also commenting on the major variances for balances as compared with previous months.
- Preparation of daily & monthly trial balance based on the reports obtained from Peoplesoft & monitoring the balances in the general ledger & reporting any exceptions to the counterparts.
- Monitoring the balances in suspense accounts & reporting the same to the concerned parties in Japan for clearing the same on a daily basis.
- Preparation & posting of month end journals in the application called GLAD.
- Preparation of MIS reports which included reports to Bank of Japan as per specific requirements, reconciliation reports, ad-hoc reports as per the instructions from higher management.
- Have been actively interacting with the counterparts via e-mail, telephone & instant messaging thus being comfortable with the clients.
- Have been involved in the transition of corporate reporting functions from Mumbai to Bangalore for the Korean entities. Also involved in preparation & submission of documentation for the tasks that were transitioned.
- Preparation of the schedules for four Legal Entities in Korea independently (which involved the bank branch & the subsidiary companies) and delivering it to the Controllers in Korea for their review & sign off which forms the part of consolidation at JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York.
- Have been able to handle the month end submissions to New York independently within the time frames set which included closing the books of accounts, transferring the profits & losses to retained earnings, submitting the numbers into a different systems which feeds the submissions to the systems at New York.
- Monitoring of General Ledger on a daily basis, which is maintained in Oracle, and analysing the movements in the accounts.
- Following up for the exceptions noted while analysing the general Ledger with the client for its corrective action.
- Comparing the movements of accounts & their balances from one system application to another, as there are large numbers of systems involved in the Company.
- Also have involved myself in the Corporate reporting functions for Australian Location and training my colleagues with the corporate reporting functions.
- Have obtained an applause card from the trainer & manager on the very first month of deliverables thereby recognizing my potential to handle the things independently.
- Was a core member in the Statutory Audit of Confidential .
- Responsible for leading a team of peers in the assignment at a unit. The assignment has given me considerable exposure inter alia:
- Audit of the functioning of an organisation, its accounting system offices; including review and analysis of various Risk control systems in place in an organisation.
- The assignment included completing the Tax Audit as required under the Income Tax Act.
- Solely involved in the Internal Audit involving sales and payroll verification and ensuring adherence to STPI formalities.