- Highly motivated, goal oriented with near 8 years of experience in Business System Analysis, Business Process Analyst, Process engineering, Process improvement, Quality assurance, and Lean Six Sigma.
- Solid Experience in Business Requirement Management (Elicitation, Validation, Specification, Verification), Gap Analysis, Business Process Modeling, Process Management, Change Management, and Application Development, in diverse business domains like Insurance, Healthcare, Retail Banking, Financial Services, and Real Estate.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle processwhich includes Waterfalland Spiral methodologies and expertise in Rational Unified Process methodology (RUP), Agile, and Six Sigma methodologies.
- In depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE in supporting/interfacing system applications.
- Skilled in the areas of writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), System Requirement Specifications (SRS), and design and development of use case scenarios.
- Expert knowledge in generating - Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams and State Chart Diagrams.
- Facilitated requirements gathering through research, formal-informal sessions, JAD sessionswith SMEs and end users, Gap analysis, data analysis business process improvement, and systems integration.
- Proficient in the analysis, design, and re-engineering of system applications using established system analysis, business and system process design, Implementation of methodologies.
- Extensive use of rational tools including Requisite Pro, Rose, ClearCase, ClearQuest and HP tools like HP test director(Quality center.)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Visio.
- Simplified existing applications & integration architecture & build for scalability utilizing SOA as framework and Applied the "As Is" and "To Be" process designs in order to identify any potential process gaps and as well as improvement opportunities.
- Competent in analyzing and creating Narrative Use Cases, User Stories, Use Case Diagrams, Data Model, Activity diagrams, Data/Flow/Navigational flow diagrams using UML Tools like Visio.
- Conducted planning, presentations to the stake Holder analysis to get a clear understanding of the process and various roles and responsibilities of the team members in Supply Chain Services management.
- Excellent skills in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) for eliciting functional requirements that support the High Level business requirements and documenting process flows.
- Experience inwriting Business Requirements Document (BRD), Project charter, Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Request for Proposals (RFP), Statement of Work (SOW)
- Expert in Tracking and Managing the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that controls numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project.
- In-depth knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP); risk engineering; Data modeling and mapping; and design using UML, Rational Rose, and Visio.
- Proficient in using MOSS 2007, assisted in writing SharePoint end user guides, facilitated training classes for end users, department head and content managers.
- Expert in Service Level Agreements document and implementing the responsibility for the team.
- Proficient in writing and executing simple SQL queries against the database to check for the ER relations with the requirements documents.
- Experience in data conversion and data migration in solicits information from appropriate sources.
- Expertise in assisting the Testing Team in creating the Test Plans, Test Cases andTest Scripts and efficiently prioritize and manage the defects using the Defect Tracking system in mortgage banking.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at both company and client premises.
- Expert in writing detail system use cases, developing business test cases, and working with QA teams during testing phase thereby facilitating acceptance testing with stakeholders and business users
- Proficient in the development of Test Strategies and Test Plans, writing detailed Test Cases and developing and implementing complete software Test methodologies.
BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT/PEGA
- Specialization in Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC).
- Acted as a Pega Business Liason between the business and the technical team in the areas of Software Design and Development Life Cycle and Web based technologies.
- Experience in implementing PEGA (BPM) for streamlining operations in various areas of banking, including Credit Cards, Account Management, Customer Service, Campaign, and Marketing Accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in developing Work Flows and Activities, Rule based Business Process Management using Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC), Decision tables, Decision maps, Declarative expressions, Constraints, and Indexes.
- Experience in using Pega BA tools like Application Profiler and Application Accelerator.
New York State Life and Health, Series 6, and 63
B.A Economics/Business Management, The City College of New York, CUNY
Certified Business Analyst, Liberty Institution
- Business Analysis and Design.
- Requirements Workshop Facilitation - JAD Sessions.
- UML Modeling, Use Case, Sequence, Activity, State and Context diagram.
- Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology Implementation.
- User Acceptance Testing.
- RUP- Rational Unified Process.
- Agile Modeling and SCRUM.
- SDLC, Waterfall and Six Sigma.
- Requirements Management - Rational Requisite Pro.
- Unified Modeling Language - Rational Rose.
- Testing Tools - Rational ClearQuest, HP Test Director.
- Productivity Suite - MS Visio, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML 4.
- MS SQL Server, Access
- Oracle 9i/8/7
- Windows 95/98/00/NT/2000/XP, Advanced Servers
- Pega 6.1/5.5
Confidential, PA Mar 2011 - Present
Client offers a broad range of traditional and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, voluntary plans, group life and disability plans and medical management capabilities and health care management services for Medicaid plans. Our customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates.
Java, SQL 2003, MS Visio, MS Office, and Crystal Reports.
- Gathered requirements for Claims application, develop and test corresponding code.
- Performed business review and facilitated business unit acceptance test.
- Worked on change control requests to implement system enhancements submitted by various support business units.
- Involved in designing and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Business team.
- Understand business processes, sub-processes, and related systems used at each level of the insurance process.
- Performed extensive Gap Analysis between different client channels identifying the functional gap between AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Analyzed business unit trends and benchmarks to suggest how to improve AS-IS processes and develop process enhancements through automation.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD), RAD, and DRP sessions.
- Performed business continuity planning to minimize system downtime.
- Communicated with various business units about project progress, usage statistics, and enhancement recommendations.
- Determined the infrastructure components that are drivers of system performance and investigated the system infrastructure to determine which parts need improvement to support future growth.
- Supported overall process by which capacity and performance data is captured, reduced and processed at component level for capacity planning business services.
- Performed statistical studies of data to understand how the evolution of workload affected the infrastructure. This data was used in updating the capacity management plan.
- Acted as a third tier production support to IT Operations in identifying and analyzing system performance problems.
- Presented capacity and performance metrics to senior management on a quarterly basis, which enabled senior management to understand investments necessary to support service levels.
- Used SQL statements for data validation and reporting.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE Aug 2010 - Mar 2011
Business Process Analyst
My project with Metlife is about their acquisition of Alico. Alico sells life insurance products outside of US. I am dealing with their operations in few European countries. Metlife is standardizing the valuation for the life insurance policies in these countries to meet their local regulation requirements. As a BA, I am working with various groups such as KPMG Analyst, Actuarial consultants, developers, and testers to coordinate the entire process and if there are any gaps. We are helping the company in doing some analytical work and communicating with each group regarding the work, bringing up any issues that might arise and tracking the progress of each country.
Rational Requisite Pro, Test Director, Ms Office, EA, SQL, Visio, MS Excel and Java Script.
- Performed GAP Analysis to define gaps between AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to analyze and prioritize competing business needs.
- Determined traceability and dependability between the requirements using Rational RequisitePro.
- Assured that all RUP artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Used MS Visio to create Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Created BRD, Vision, scope, wire frames and Functional Specifications.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications, and product knowledge.
- Used Test Director to manage testing and defect life cycles, and map requirements to test cases.
- Performed role of administrator for Test Director.
- Liaison with customer’s business unit managers, stakeholders, and functional subject matter experts (SME).
- Created project charter, scope and schedule.
- Performed change management system during change requirement.
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ Oct 2009 - Aug 2010
Business Analyst/Business Process Analyst
- Identified, captured, defined, and analyzed business processes/requirements in Agile SDLC methodology.
- Analyzed, Elicited, and Gathered requirements for financial mortgage system.
- Responsible for understanding and documenting AS-IS and TO-BE processes in supporting and interfacing system applications.
- Reviewed the business rules with the developing team and modified based on Technical Specification and software requirements specifications (SRS) using Pega Rules Process Commander.
- Gathered information and requirements from the users, then documented in Business Requirement Document (BRD), and Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Facilitated JAD (Joint application development) sessions.
- Worked closely with the SME’s (subject matter experts) to identify elements that contribute risk.
- Helped the users with UAT Test Scripts and in UAT.
- Wrote Use Cases and developed Business Rules document for the implementation of Workflows in Pega PRPC.
- Adhered to the Project’s timeline and delivery dates.
- Analyzed firm’s business processes using work flow diagrams, process diagrams and GAP analysis to improve the efficiency of work.
- Designed and developed the User interface for the application by creating the harness and section rules.
- Creation of search reports using List view and Summary view rules of PRPC.
- Performed analysis for the feasibility of the project.
- Interacted with the business users and stakeholders to define the Scope and Objective of the project and identify assumptions, constraints, and dependencies.
- Experience with PegaRules Process Commander (PRPC 5.x) in the implementation of the system to streamline various operations like credit cards, account management, marketing campaigns, accounting etc.
- Utilized the Waterfall methodology of development for Requirements, Planning, Design, and Deployment.
- Implemented Pega Methodology and Pega Management Framework (PMF).
- Involved in designing the Technical Design Documents for the Workflow development process.
Confidential, New York, NY May 2007 - Oct 2009
Client is a leading global financial service in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Project, Visual basic 6.0, Oracle 11i, .NET, Sales Force, Thomson Software, and LexisNexis.
Project: Wealth Management System
This project was developed specifically to support Wealth Management Groups to provide most valuable advisory services to clients on Asset Projections, Equity, Options, futures, Fixed Income, Credit Management, Risk Analytics, Portfolio Rebalancing, Investment Holdings, Trading, Liquidity needs and Future goals. The systems solutions advise the clients on wealth management strategies, provide clear and complete picture of the clients’ assets in position, full brokerage capabilities, research data, tax and insurance information.
- Built Portfolio models for clients and back tested models to analyze return on portfolio versus S&P500.
- Analyzed securities with the aid of research reports and presented recommendations to supervisor.
- Determined the benefit of using covered call option to increase portfolio return.
- Reviewed the asset allocation of existing portfolios to determine the need for rebalancing based on portfolio models.
- Performed cost basis analysis for securities sold for tax purposes.
- Gained in-depth understanding of market conditions and investment opportunities through conference calls and proprietary research reports.
- Managed current and prospective client information using Sales force and researched on the securities especially stocks and mutual funds.
- Experience in stock selection process involved looking at Bank of America research reports of various companies across all the industries. On the other hand, Morning Star rating and analysis was used for evaluating mutual funds.
- Analyzed this information and presented my report to the financial advisor. The advisor would then make the final decision to invest their client’s money in various securities.
- The portfolio as a whole was back tested using Thomson software to observe its return compared to the market. The performance of the same portfolio against S&P 500 was compared for the past ten years.
- Analyzed the performance of the existing portfolios every quarter. An opinion such as Buy, Sell or Hold would be formed based on the economic trend and the performance of the company or the fund in the past year and the outlook for the next quarter.
- Participated in the corporate wide BPR roadmap process to define the “To be” process based on Design for Six Sigma Methodology.
- Developed functional requirements and a proposed data warehouse strategy for supporting employee compensation and compliance reporting/analytics.
- Involved in defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements and documenting and managing them using Rational rose and Rational Requisite Pro respectively.
- Presented high level requirements and interaction diagrams using use cases, to user groups, as well as documenting requirements and getting them reviewed and base lining the same.
- Analyze business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, activity diagrams using UML methodology.
- Prepared Business Workflow models that cover "How" business processes are accomplished.
- Involved in process modeling, reviewing and writing URS and Functional Requirements.
- Participated in periodical Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the management and IT teams.
- Interviewed business experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical communities.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop processes, standards, and procedures.
- Performed UAT and Performance testing on the application.
- Used MS Office extensively (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Outlook, Project) for analysis, presentation and documentation throughout the project.
Confidential, Morris Plains, NJ Nov 2006 - Apr 2007
Client is a diversified financing solution provider serving consumers, retailers and businesses around the globe in Commercial Lending and Leasing. The project was how interest should be applied to businesses that borrowed money from Banks. The project was built on Fiserv Technologies, which will allow businesses and banks to allocate interest, and allow businesses and banks to run and view reports.
Windows 2000/XP, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, SQL Server, MS Project, SOX, MS Access, .NET, UML, Cognos 8.4, SharePoint, Sales Force.
- Performed Stakeholder Analysis, conducted interviews, and worked with the SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) to identify the key players for project success.
- Participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the proposed system.
- Provided implementation assessment for Rational RequisitePro, Rational Rose, Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations.
- Created Process Work Flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), and Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Created Use Cases using UML and managed the entire functional requirements life cycle using Rational Unified Process and Rational Rose.
- Responsible for creating business flow diagrams and charts using MS Visio.
- Developed Test cases and Use Cases and conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional System Testing, Integration testing and resolving the various issues.
- Created product documentation, including online help, printed user manual, and training materials.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.
Confidential, Louisville, KY Jun 2005 - Oct 2006
Business System Analyst
Client is a well-known name in Specialty Hospitals, Nursing Centers and Rehabilitation Centers. Knect is a web based intranet site, which has information about the organization and is a one stop shop, where an employee can find his timesheets, benefits related material, doctors can find the different forms related to them, nurses can take online training and therapists can apply for the courses and jobs.
Windows 2000/XP, Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, SQL Server, MS Project, SOX, MS Access, UML, and Informatica.
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive Business Analysis by working with end users and other stake holders to identify the system, operational requirements, and proposed enhancements.
- Gathered business requirements from business users such as Insurance Policy Managers, credit card Managers and drafted business requirement document (BRD).
- Identified all necessary Business and System Narrative Use Cases from requirements, created UML diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Wireframes and Sequence Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop Test plans, Test cases, Use Case Scenarios.
- Co-authored Business Requirements Specification (BRS), Use Case Specifications, Systems Requirement Specification (SRS) and Change Request in collaboration with the Business Group and the IT project group members.
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations with the client whose customers were going to be the final users of the product.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with all the IT group members for communicating and managing expectations and to discuss various means for the integration of the new features with the current system using an adoption through execution strategy.
- Assisted in developing test scenarios, test scripts and test data to support unit and system integration testing.
- Involved in comprehensive testing of the system (UAT) to check if it satisfies functional specifications.
Confidential, Long Island, NY May 2004 - Jun 2005
Worked on Web portal application that gives all the information of members and claims. Customer Care Representatives used this application to serve the customers.
- Verified various transactions according to HIPAA rules (834) and X12 standards.
- Captured and re-engineered transactions with legacy systems; Enrollment-834, Health Plan Premium-820, Eligibility Transaction (270/271), Claims (837), Claim Status Report, Response (276/277), and Remittance (835).
- Analyzed and identified issues in claims, encounters and remittance advice process flow.
- Rendered X12 Syntax Integrated Testing, Balancing Testing, Code Testing, Specialty Testing and Trading Partner Specific Testing when environment is upgraded.
- Interacted with developers and documented the functionality process of all the components. Performed re-testing in order to verify resolution of defects.
- Created Use Case Diagrams.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all defined target goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success.
- Conducted JAD sessions with clients and technical units.
- Conducted GAP and SWOT analysis.
- Followed RUP software development lifecycle during the project.
- Developed functional/technical specifications such as Business Scope Document and High Level Design Document.