Business Analyst with over 7+ years of diverse progressive experience in Information Technology, with emphasis on Business Analysis and technical knowledge Expertise in working with Business Analysis, Business Processes, Business Process Models, Business Flow Diagrams and Business Requirement Documents for Financial, Banking and Brokerage, Mortgage and Healthcare Industries.
- Expertise in Business Systems Analysis and Requirements Management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills with particular emphasis on clear, detailed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications, as well as reports for management.
- Team player, result-oriented, fast learner, excellent communication skills with strong research capability.
- Direct responsibilities include experience with requirements gathering, planning, organizing, and Change Management.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) aspects.
- Extensive experience in Data Analysis, Data Cleansing, Requirements gathering, Business Analysis, Entity Relationship diagrams (ERD), Architectural design docs, Functional and Technical design docs, and Process Flow diagrams.
- Experience in creating business process flow diagrams.
- Experience in developing and writing functional business requirements and process flows.
- Experience in participating JAD sessions for project definition involving analyzing requirements, creating prototypes, user interface.
- Experience in Business Process definition, Risk Analysis, and Use case Analysis.
- Developed design and functional specifications and produced deliverables related to the projects assigned.
- Experience in Business Analysis using Functional Flow charts, Check sheets, Interrelationship diagrams, Workshops and Brainstorming Sessions.
- Extensive exposure to Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology including UML.
- Experience in creating test cases, test scripts and test plans.
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & release skill sets.
- Developed use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams and activity diagrams using UML to make users and developers understand the system.
Task Performed Tools Used
Requirements Management Rational Requisite Pro, Enterprise Architect, HP Quality Center Wireframe Tools MS Visio, Axure, Smart Draw, MS Paint, SnagIt Database DB2, MS Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server, IMS, Sybase UML Diagrams MS Visio, Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect Test Cases HP Quality Center Defect Tracking HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, TRAC
Confidential, NY Nov 2011 - Present
ACCIS / ACS (Automated Child Care Information System)
WES (Web Enrollment System)
The current system tracks the enrollment and attendance of New York Children Services. 19000 children are based on using the Microsoft Excel program. The seventy two delegate agencies submit their enrollment data via a variety of reports and staff spends hours inputting the information into the spreadsheets. As one of the largest Head Start Grantees, this system represents an area of vulnerability to ongoing monitoring and ability to ensure full compliance with federal performance standards on Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance .The proposed solution is to modify ACS existing web- based automated child care information ACS existing web based, as well as include Head Start eligibility criteria in ACCIS.T o add several other feature to improve the efficiency of the work flow.
- Research, analyze and develop project plans, work flow systems, business rules and policies to enhance internal operations and computer systems.
- Operationalize state and agency policies and develop system requirement documents for computer applications that will support those policies.
- Create technical and user documentations for existing ad-hoc reports and standardize selection criteria for common reporting attributes; Prepare documentation for report conversion to be used in the new Child Care/ Head Start application.
- Compile system reference documentations for Child Care and Head Start systems, by working as facilitator for multi-unit management groups and utilizing existing documentation and SQL scripts.
- Analyze agency wide workflow systems to identify opportunities for improvement through automation.
- Develop detailed specifications for user enhancements; prepare training curriculum and learning aids for computer systems; write user manuals and guides for Child Care/Head Start applications for ACS, sponsors and day care programs.
- Develop scripts, scenarios and perform comprehensive testing of applications.
- Perform training for end-users and agency management on computer system functions to improve overall efficiency.
- Performed testing for other projects for the client.
- Managed demo meetings for different phases of the project.
- Used different tools such as snagit to create different types of screen designs according to the user expectations. Also for better understanding of the development team.
- Used MS Visio for Business Process flow diagrams.
Environment: ACCIS, WES, MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), MS Visio, SnagIt, Azure, Windows 7, Agile
Confidential, NY July 10 – Nov 2011
Sr. Business Analyst
EquiTrak Hedge Fund Application
The project objective is to implement EquiTrak hedge fund administration for Citigroup GTS team. Equitrak is a complete Hedge Fund software solution. It meets the needs of both fund managers and fund administrators. It provides capabilities for hedge fund as well as private equity investment administration.
- Working with Citi bank team to understand their hedge fund requirements.
- Participated in various stages of data and requirement analysis for project needs.
- Gathered information from hedge fund managers and prepared business requirement documents and functional required documents.
- Worked extensively on Hedge Fund and Private Equities.
- Analyzing the accuracy of hedge fund financial calculations, business rules and transactions for the application.
- Prepared Use cases based on Business Requirements and High Level Design using MS Visio.
- Understanding the real end user needs and analyzing their requirements on different platforms performing a cost benefit analysis and Risk analysis.
- Analyzing the current software and hardware system and evaluating their compatibility and scalability in developing the present system.
- Developed used case scenarios, class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Conducted various JAD sessions with different stakeholders in order to get a better understanding of ongoing activities and updating every party of their tasks and assigned duties.
- Documented business rules and business integration processes using BRD (Business Required Documentation) based on the gathered requirements.
- Created Workflow and Activity diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Conducted periodic meetings with technical team in order to make sure that developments are adhered to the business requirements and customer’s expectations.
- Verified that the requirements are testable and involved in testing for the software implementation.
- Imparted technical experience assisting database designers in the development of current project right from the business transition phase to database design phase.
- Used SQL queries for data validation retrieving the date from the back end.
- Developed various Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Verify the issues raised by Citigroup during the UAT testing and document them for the development team to fix them.
- Responsible for resolving the clients issue by working with Development and QA team.
- Constantly followed and reviewed SDLC methodology at every stage of software development in order to make sure that requirements are testable and necessary changes could be made before moving it to production.
- Preformed System Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing and also Conducted UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Environment: Equitrak, MS Office, Quality center, Rational Rose, Java, SQL 2008, UML, Oracle11g , MS Visio, Windows XP, .Net, Dream weaver, Agile
Confidential Feb 07- July 09
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
Automation of Home Mortgage based loan system
It is a web based application developed to support Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (WFHM). The end user is the Home Mortgage Consultant (HMC) working for WFHM wherein the application facilitates recording online the primary borrower's personal information, orders the credit history of the borrower through credit report agencies like RELS or Equifax and evaluates his income, assets and liabilities. The application further facilitates in calculation of mortgage costs like prepaids, closing fees and other credits and also includes governmental regulatory declarations which are mandatory to be filled by the primary borrower. Finally, it helps the HMC in Floating the Price and decisioning the Loan. This project was aimed at automating the entire mortgage system with the intention of closing more loans in less time. The system was designed using Java in the front end and Oracle at the back end.
- Served as a liaison between mortgage specialists and the project team.
- Responsible for gathering user requirements and specifications for designing a mortgage based loan system using and documenting the same.
- Extensively involved in maintaining requirements traceability and communicating any changes to these requirements to different business groups and programmers.
- Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
- Created context and workflow models, information and business rule models, Use Case and Object Models during the analysis using Rational tools.
- Designed the system, prepared UML and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose and Visio.
- Responsible for writing detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required for developing or modifying software programs using Rational Rose (UML).
- Prepared Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) and Functional Specification Documentation (FSD) and communicated these to the stakeholders.
- Actively interacted with different business groups to perform Gap analysis to identify the deficiencies in the system by comparing the actual objectives with the system objectives desired.
- Conducted Business Requirements, Functional and Technical meetings with Business groups.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams.
- Extensively involved in regression testing during various phases of the application.
- Prepared test plans, write test scripts and execute test scripts as the project develops.
- To be aware of all system changes affecting the business line.
- Developed Data Models and generated Database schema Structures and developed data flow diagrams.
- Testing of the application and posting the defects (Change Requests) on Rational Clear Quest.
- Participation in status meetings where such defects logged in CQ are reviewed.
- Have used XML Spy for Data Mapping and Data Modeling for large scale System Integration with Partner Applications.
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational Req Pro, Rational ClearQuest, RUP, QTP, WinRunner, LoadRunner, MSOffice2000, XML, XML Spy, OLAP, XSD, Java
Confidential, Beachwood, OH Feb 06 – Feb 07
Business Analyst/System Analyst
Client is online broker. Services offered include common and preferred stocks, futures, ETFs, option trades, mutual funds, fixed income, margin lending, and cash management services. TD Ameritrade have led the marketplace by introducing key innovations that make financial services more accessible and affordable for customers, improve the quality and coordination of services, and help individuals and their investments make more informed. The project was to implement sales force CRM to enhance their customer experience, to manage the activities and workflows with its reliability, customization.
- Prepared interview questionnaires for the users and gathered requirements to write specifications and to shape software development process.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams, according to RUP for a better understanding of the user community.
- Organized meetings with the development teams to elicit use cases and document them.
- Created and managed project template, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Involved in executing test cases, evaluating test results and preparing test summary reports.
- Worked as a liaison between CRM analysts and users.
- Documented timely reports using MS Project 2000.
- Checked business readiness and determined activities of flow.
- Assisted CRM Analyst in customization of sales force CRM as per the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Assisted in assigning roles and application of activities and workflows.
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, MS-Visio, Microsoft Office 2003 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project 2000, Windows XP, UML, RUP, MS Visio, Java, Websphere Application Server, Oracle8i.
Confidential, NY Oct 04 – Feb 06
A trading system on Validation & Enrichment (V&E) providing income trading in all currencies and process information from countless sources such as trader workstations, globally distributed databases and live price feeds. Customizable interfaces display a wide range of real time data including matrix prices, risk factors, hedge ratios, analytics and credit factors. It supports manual or electronic transactions, and publishes live, executable prices over the Internet. It can simultaneously publish orders, execute transaction, measure performance and manage risk in any fixed income security from around the world.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements for the Security trading business, both in terms of enhancements to existing systems and in entirely new desktop applications.
- Interacted with Fixed Income Business Group to finalize the Business Requirement Documents.
- Responsible for working with the Management Division to determine business requirements, converting those business requirements into technical requirements and an overall web strategy/design, and then work with a team of developers to build, test and implement the solutions.
- Used WebFOCUS as the business intelligence platform.
- Extended Use Cases into descriptive sequence diagrams with linkage to constituent classes and objects.
- Operated in a Rational Unified Process (RUP) development environment.
- Defined functional and technical requirements, modeled business processes while applying structured and object-oriented analytic techniques.
- Worked with IT department to develop product functionality and web usability specifications.
- Utilize Joint Application Development (JAD) to ensure greater client satisfaction and speed development times.
- Performed all aspects of the SDLC including project planning and discovery, requirements analysis, systems design, implementation, integration and testing, quality assurance, deployment, and maintenance.
- Gathered requirements, interviewed end users, programmers and system analysts utilizing the JAD concept to define the system. Using Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) methodologies, prepared System Work Flow and Data Flow diagrams (Visio), performed gap analysis, briefed and updated team members (MS Project) and prepared briefings for management.
Environment: Java/J2EE, WebLogic7.1, SQL 2005/ 2000, RUP, LoadRunner, MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Rose.
Confidential, NJ Feb 04 – Oct 04
New Jersey's state wide automated system for the welfare programs under title IV of the Social Security Act (Child/Spousal Support, Medical support, Foster Care etc) and is federally certified. It has interfaces with other welfare systems like AFDC, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Comprehensive Claims Systems, etc. The project is to design, develop and implement extensive software changes in TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) program and mandated by the Provisions of the federal Welfare Reform Enactment's (PRWORA) that are to be audited and certified by DHHS in a time bound manner.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Agile, Oracle, SQL, Windows XP, Quality Center, Win Runner, Business Objects, MS Visio, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case.
EDUCATION: Bachelors of Science in Accounting – RUTGERS UNIVERSITY.