- Extensive experience in Business Modeling, Business Process Reengineering, Business process improvements, Historical Data Reports Analysis and Project plan setup along with plan configuration with customers.
- Extensive experience in working with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including Requirement Elicitation, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Operations, Disposition and Change Management.
- Strong knowledge of methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, Hybrid (Waterfall - Scrum), Scaled Agile (SAFe3.0, 4.0).
- Experience in managing requirements and slicing User Stories using Vertical (Agile) and Horizontal slicing.
- Highly proficient in writing User Stories and handling the Requirements Churn. Efficient at user story prioritization techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, Moscow, Kano Model, Business Value Based, Walking Skeleton, Validated Learning, Technology Risk Based and Customer Value Based. User Story Estimation techniques such as Planning poker, Bucket System, Relative Mass Valuation, T-Shirt Sizing, Dot Voting.
- Scrum retrospective techniques such as Satisfaction Histogram, Cool Wall, 4L’s, Mad Sad Glad and Starfish. Hands on experience with tools for Project Management activities, proficient with Project Management Tools.
- Experience in recording and maintaining the artifacts like impediments list, sprint burn down charts and sprint burn up charts to track the team’s performance and keeping it visible to the team members and owners.
- Conducted Impact Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, GAP analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Feasibility Study, As-Is and To-Be business analysis, Risk Analysis, SWOT analysis and Force Field Analysis.
- Experience in eliciting Business Requirements with various techniques: Joint Application Development (JAD), Observation, Interviews, Document Analysis, Prototyping, Interface Analysis, conducting Survey.
- Proven expertise in creating Business Requirement Document (BRD), Use-Cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Test Requirement Document (TRD).
- Involved in creating Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed Matrix (RACI) for role participation.
- Adept at handling organizational and team conflicts through effective Conflict Management and Conflict Resolution methods and effective at implementing Change/Configuration Management using Change Request Forms/ logs.
- Profound knowledge in Big Data concepts including Hadoop Ecosystem consisting of HDFS, Name Nodes, Data Nodes, YARN with knowledge of libraries such as Pig, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, Spark, Impala, Kafka.
- Experience working in big data environment, in implementing business logic and optimize the queries using Hive Language (HiveQL), NoSql.
- Knowledge about cloud based architecture and services like AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Cloud watch, Glacier, ELB and EBS.
- Extensively used SQL queries using joins, unions, group by, order by and aggregate functions to extract data from different data sources and to perform DDL (Data defining language) operations to create, read, update and delete (CRUD) the data in the database for data manipulation/calculations & data analysis operations.
- High Expertise in Data Profiling, Data Quality, Data Cleansing, Master Data Management, Data Governance, Predictive Analysis, Data Quality Dimensions, Data Mapping, Entity Resolution
- High expertise in Data Warehousing, Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical), Data Migration, Star/Snowflake Schemas, Data Marts, Architectures such as Centralized, Bus, Interconnected, Hub and Spoke and Federated.
- Expertise in Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), MOLAP, ROLAP, HOLAP operations. Proficient with Excel for performing slicing, dicing, pivoting and Lookup OLAP operations.
- Extensive Business Intelligence experience with OBIEE 10g/11g (ad hoc queries, mobile analytics, reporting), OBIEE Administrative tool, OBIEE dashboards, OBIEE delivery and BI publisher in designing and developing.
- Strong knowledge of MSBI suite of products (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS), Power BI (Power Pivot and Power Query)
- Involved in selecting, filtering and abstracting big datasets by transferring to a size manageable for analytics.
- Involved with extensive client interactions and converting business functionalities into Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) models across heterogeneous IT environments. Extensive knowledge of SOAP/RESTful web services, AJAX, JSON, XML, XML Schema Definition (XSD), Web Service Description Language(WSDL)
- Collaborated in various types of testing like Functional (Black-Box) testing, End to End Testing, Regression testing, an d User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Involved in Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing Expertise in developing Test plans, and Test case and Test procedures in manual and automated test environments.
- Self-Motivated and Objective driven with excellent communication and Interpersonal Skills with a sound understanding of the balance that must exist between customer satisfaction and technical excellence.
Project Management Tools/Methodology: MS-Project, MS Share Point, JIRA, Rally, Team Foundation Server, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum, and Waterfall, SAFe
Requirement Management: MS Office, JIRA, Version-One, HP ALM, Blue Print
Data Profiling and Scrubbing: DQ Analyzer, DataFlux Management Studio
Reporting Tools: Spotfire, IBM Cognos, MS office Suite, Tableau, Power BI, Crystal, OBIEE
Modeling Tools: Balsamiq, JustInMind, Invision, Erwin, Rational Rose, MS Visio
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Centre 7.x/8.x/9.x, SSIS, IBM Data Stage, PIG module
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, H-base, MS Access, Oracle, Teradata, IBM DB2
Big Data: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Hue, Pig, Sqoop, mapR 2.0, Spark, Flume, Storm, Ambari, Kafka
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access
Version Control Tools: BitBucket, GitHub, Source Tree
Testing Tools: JIRA, Load Runner, Selenium, HP ALM, HP QC, Bugzilla
Analytics Tools: MS Excel, MS Access, Power BI, Tableau 9.1
Defect Tracking tool: HP ALM, JIRA
Confidential - San Jose, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzed Organized Scrum Workshop facilitated Scrum Ceremonies and different retrospective techniques.
- Interacted with stakeholders to identify business needs and elicit requirements using elicitation techniques such as JAD sessions, Functional Decomposition, Interviews and Questionnaire.
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Case, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Data Models, Dimensional Data Models and ER diagrams using MS Visio.
- Gained knowledge about federal securities laws and regulations SEC, SIPC and FINRA regulations.
- Created Business Requirements Document (BRD), Software Requirements Specification (SRS) to in corporate functional, non-functional, GUI Requirements, Data Requirements, Use Case Model, Conceptual Models, RTM.
- Performed root cause analysis to identify data quality problems, and historical trends.
- Leveraged broad understanding and experience with Big Data architecture to deal with analytics .
- Provided insight on leveraging the power of data warehousing along with Hadoop and AWS EMR to combat the problem of 3 V’s in Big Data.
- Performed data profiling to identify inaccuracy in Data along with preparation of Data Mapping document.
- Coordinated with ETL developers to ensure the challenges of ETL process are overcome.
- Coordinated in the creation of dashboard designs along with charts and graphs.
- Assisted in design review meetings to make sure all the requirements are covered in the development phase.
- Facilitated multiple meetings like Sprint Planning, Daily Stand up Meeting, Sprint Review and Retrospective meeting.
- Carried out research to understand various APIs in the market and select the best-suited API for the project.
- Coached teams to write effective user stories using INVEST criteria, and tasks using SMART criteria, defined Acceptance criterions, and Definition of Done. Used various Estimation, planning and Retrospective techniques such as Moscow, Agile Poker and Star Fish.
- Coached my scrum teams to be self-organizing, transparent, cross-functional and accountable.
- Organized multiple team building activities to improve the team’s morale and productivity.
- Worked closely with UI team in developing the web application, XML documents and validated XML, HTML and Java Script. Assisted Web services team in designing REST services and configuring WADL.
- Checked the format, used XSD files to validate the XML for Well-formedness as well as validity.
- Implemented Issues Tracking in Version One to effectively track impediments against user stories.
- Proficient in prioritizing techniques like MoSCoW, KANO and Walking Skeleton.
- Helped the teams to determine Story Points for User Stories using Estimation Techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt Sizing, Relative Mass Valuation and Dot Voting; helping teams achieve more with a higher level of Satisfaction.
- Worked on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) primarily including RESTful web services and JSON.
- Differentiated Client side and server side validation components to ensure these components defined rules.
- Made a UI checklist to ensure view provided easy usability, navigation, content and design (Look and Feel)
- Allowed only authorized users to gain access to the web application (Client Side/ Server Side Validation).
Environment: - Waterfall - Scrum hybrid, Apache Hadoop, HDFS, Apache Hive, Impala, Kafka, Xignite APIs, Java Spring 4.1, Persistence, Hibernate, HTML 5, CSS3, jQuery 1.11, Kendo UI, AngularJS 1.x, Oracle 11G/R2, Altova XMLSpy, RALLY, AJAX, SharePoint(2010), Microsoft Office, Informatica IDQ, Informatica Power Center, TFS, Jenkins, Visio
Confidential - Minnetonka, MN
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gathered & Elicited requirements using JAD sessions, Questionnaire, Interview sessions, Focus Groups and performed the feasibility analysis and GAP analysis to derive requirements for payment gateway processing.
- Conducted a detailed Feasibility check, Impact analysis, Cost Benefit analysis.
- Involved in implementing PCI-DSS level one compliance and coordinated in documentation of the same.
- Coached the team and Implemented software methodologies including Agile (Scrum), Scrum - waterfall Hybrid.
- Interacted with SME’s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Created Mock-Up and Wireframes of User Interface components for client verification using UXPin
- Adopted Entity-relationship modeling technique and developed Conceptual and Logical data model for DFI tables.
- Logged Data mapping documents of various HTML field to XML tags and further onto tables stored in database.
- Conducted session for writing User Story, and Acceptance Criteria for Potentially Shippable Product Increment.
- Ensured good communication management among team members and product owner.
- As a SCRUM Master, facilitated and time-boxed the SCRUM ceremonies Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Standups, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting and Grooming Sessions.
- Coached the team to improve their velocity over time by adopting best engineering practices.
- Helped the Product Owner to Prioritize the Product Backlog items for developing Sprint tasks
- Highly proficient in writing and prioritizing user stories in Product Back Log with Product Owner.
- Analyzed the Iteration Burn Down charts and reviewed defects.
- As experienced Scrum Master anticipated and removed impediments from project team’s path and pushed them to deliver quality results based on schedule.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability.
- Generated ad hoc SQL queries using joins, database connections and transformation rules to fetch data from the SQL Server database systems.
- Assisted with User Acceptance Testing, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensure that appropriate documentation is in place. Assisted in Black box testing, Integration testing, Load testing using Load Runner and Regression testing using UFT.
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
Sr Business Systems Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implemented Waterfall- Scrum Hybrid Methodology for the development of the application and facilitated sprints and daily stand up meetings.
- Elicited business requirements by participating in JAD sessions, conducting Interview sessions with business users and stakeholders, conducting sessions and consulting existing systems documents.
- Used document analysis to understand the AS-IS process and developed TO-BE process using GAP Analysis.
- Designed the Use Case Diagrams and coordinated with multiple resources in creation of Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked on JIRA for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management functions.
- Coordinated with the development team to better define the functionalities of UI on front end and back end application programming interface (API).
- As a Scrum Master, facilitated the Backlog Grooming Meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Stand Up Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting and Sprint Retrospective Meeting.
- Actively involved in removing impediments for the team members by facilitating the Daily Stand-Up Meetings.
- Proactively resolved impediments faced by team and communicated during Daily Scrum Meetings.
- Established self-organizing qualities by assisting the team to become more accountable, committed and in corporate communication management.
- Worked towards increasing the productivity of the teams by ensuring cadence and transparency.
- Coached the team on the basics of capacity planning during the sprint planning sessions.
- Used multiple prioritization techniques like MOSCOW, KANO and Walking Skeleton.
- Assisted the team to determine Story Points for User Stories using Estimation Techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt sizing, Relative Mass Valuation and Dot Voting.
- Incorporated and coached teams on the importance of Continuous Integration, ATDD and Continuous testing.
- Worked closely with Product management and Program manager in designing the change management plan and analyzed impact, incorporated feedback from business focus groups at each phase.
- Collaborated with Program manager, Product Management to revise User Acceptance criteria and change management plan by integrating the insights from focus groups and impact analysis.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum hybrid, JIRA, MS Visio, SharePoint 13, UModel, Selenium, Informatica Power Center, Tableau, MS (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Java, REST API, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Java Script, JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform, JDBC, Oracle, JSON, WADL, WAQL, XML, JSF Frameworks and XQuery, TFS, Visio, Jenkins
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Business System Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducted Gap Analysis for as-is and to-be of the process to identify and validate requirements.
- Performed Interviews and Surveys, Document Analysis, Job Shadowing with Business Users, SME’s and multiple teams for requirement gathering and refinement.
- Translated the business requirements specification into functional specification and GUI specifications based on business rules and company listing/delisting rules and procedures as per the Dodd-Frank guidelines and BASEL policies.
- Created GUI Specifications using UI Components such as buttons, Drop-Down List, Check Boxes, Breadcrumbs, for retrieving data from the user with both client side validation and server side validation.
- Automation of publishing Ticker notices to the market based on business rules governed by Corporate Actions and Market Watch business teams.
- Coached the team on different slicing techniques and estimation techniques.
- Integral part of breaking down the EPICS into User Stories that the development team could estimate the work using Planning Poker and T-Shirt Sizing.
- Maintained the Task Board that was referred to during the daily standups that helped the team track the stories To Do, In Progress, Done, and Accepted.
- Assisted Data analyst help develop Data Architecture for the migration of historical records from existing Listing and Compliance application to the newly developed web-based application.
- Ran Excel based Macros to run the daily compliance reports using Lookups and Pivot Tables.
- Planned the UAT testing, test plans, test cases and worked with the business users for UAT Test execution and assisted in developing the training documents.
- Streamlined the requirements/enhancements for Post-Production release based on business priority to technological severity analyses and mappings.
- Monitored various module tasks from initiation through transition and organize interdepartmental or cross-functional team activities ensuring completion of project tasks and schedule.
- Served as a liaison between the business teams and the technology teams located onshore and offshore.
Business System Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively Involved in Pre-Analysis of project with SME (Subject Matter Experts) and Developers
- Conducted Gap analysis for ‘As-in’ and To-be of the process to identify and validate requirements.
- Participating JAD sessions with SME’s and multiple teams for requirement gathering and refinement.
- Analyzed the gathered requirement and reviewed Business Requirement Document (BRD)/Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Created System Requirement Specification (SRS) document to describe all data, functional and behavioral requirement of the system.
- Used Share point for content management and document management.
- Wrote Use Case and built Use Case Diagram/ Activity Diagram using MS Visio.
- Created Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) using HP QC tool.
- Used JIRA for allotting task and issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability.
- Worked with QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for UAT and regression testing.
- Tableau was used as a data visualization tool to communicate information clearly and efficiently via the statistical graphics, plots, information graphics, tables, and charts selected throughout the project
Environment: Scrum- Waterfall Hybrid, Wireframes, SQL Server, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio, GAP Analysis, HP QC, UAT Testing, SharePoint, ASP.net, Tableau, Ajax, XML, Web Server.