- Over 8 years of experience in IT, engaged in multiple roles including Business Systems Analyst, Data Analyst/Modeler and Tableau Report Analyst.
- Strong Technical and Business System Analysis experience in Banking, Travel and Retail domains.
- Rich experience working in Integration, Migration and Business Process Re - engineering of complex projects from old legacy systems.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop/ Tableau Server, creating highly interactive Data Visualization Dashboards using feature such as Data Blending, Extracts, Calculations, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Context Filters, Sets, Groups, Aggregate measures etc.
- Global experience in handling customer and Team engagements in US and India.
- Result oriented professional with strong analytical skills and work towards organizational goals to increase efficiency of systems and processes
- Effective communicator with Top Management, Cross functional groups and Third Party Applications/Vendors
- Through knowledge of Project Management Principles (PMP) and ITIL Processes.
- Well acquainted with Workflows and (UML) (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams such as, Use case diagrams, activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Expertise in data base programming (SQL, PLSQL, TSQL) MS Access Oracle 10g/9i, SQL server 2005/2008, DB2, Data base tuning and Query optimization.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in ER Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snowflake Schema).
- Designed and developed model report packages using BI reporting tools (OBIEE) including report design and complex reporting capabilities.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a proven ability to learn and understand new technologies efficiently.
- Effective team worker and can carry out individual tasks to meet the deadlines effectively.
- Competence to adapt to new software applications and products, self-starter, with excellent communication skills and understanding of business workflow.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Requirements Gathering for Complex Business Process Re-Engineering/ Integration Projects
- Communicating and Negotiating with different levels of Management, cross functional groups
- Vendor Management
- Data Analysis, Data Modeling and Data Mapping
- SQL Queries, Stored Procedures and Reporting
- Managing Teams in Global Delivery Model
- Total Quality Management and UAT
- Change Management
Project Management: MS Project, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, TFS, HPSC Change management, ServiceNow
Business /Data Modeling: UML, Erwin 7.2/4.0, EmbarcaderoER/Studio, MS Visio, Rational Rose
Methodologies: Rational Unified Processes, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, Lean, SixSigma
Requirement Gathering: Rational Requisite Pro, DOORS
Tools: HP Quality Center (QC), TFS, BugZilla, Velocity 7.6 (POS), VQ manager, Report center, POS analysis, MS Office, Toad, Auto sys, Putty, SAP MM.
Operating Systems/DB: Unix, MVS, AS400, Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7
OLAP / BI Tools: SAP Business Objects BI Platform 4.1, Business Objects XI R3, Crystal Reports 4.0 (1993) through SAP Crystal Reports 4.1 2013 (Authorized Crystal Engineer), SAP Universe Designer, SAP Web Intelligence, SAP Analyzer, SAP Xcelsius, Microsoft SSRS, MicroStrategy.
ETL Tools: Informatica 7.1, 8.1, 8.6. SQL Server DTS Packages, SSIS 2005/2008
Database: SQL Server 2008 R2, Oracle, TeraData, DB2, MySQL
Confidential, Chandler, Arizona
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Involved in Exploring, Designing, Building, Testing and Deployment of the high-level Dashboards for Board of Directors, Marketing Decision makers, Finance for critical metrics.
- Involved in understanding the reporting requirements and providing Tableau reporting solutions.
- Develop, maintain and document highly visualized comprehensive dashboards using Tableau.
- Desktop and publish it to Tableau Server to meet business specific challenges.
- Developed new reports and enhancing existing reports in Business Objects Web Intelligence environment.
- Presented to higher management the discovered trends and analysis, forecast data, recommendations and risks identified.
- Coordinated and conducted business, system requirements analysis meetings with business and technology partners, business analysts and DBA's.
- Analyzed the Business requirements and translated them into Application and operational requirements.
- Performed PL/SQL validation queries by cross testing the resulting data from the reports.
- Implemented Security Features of Business Objects like row level, object level and report level to make the data secure.
- Recommended and took lead on new ideas of implementation/developing of WebI reports involving responsibilities towards getting dashboard requirements, design, document, develop and test front end dashboards and reports.
- Created Classes and Objects for management system based on the warehouse schema in Universe.
- Created Reports using all the BO functions like Drill Down, Prompts, Dimensional and Measure variables to show accurate Results. Prepared universe for Ad-hoc query functionality to educate users. Allowing them to run queries to create some reports using objects in the universe.
- Created Star Flake Schema and created new universe by using techniques like indexing, derived tables, setting up contexts and creating Loves.
- Revised the Group Structure in both Development and Production Environments.
- Performed unit testing, system testing and user acceptances test (UAT) for universe, reports and security management.
- Developed Webi, Webi Rich Client and Xcelsius Dashboards.
- Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issues.
- Involved in Tableau Licensing and Installation.
- Worked on Tableau Metadata tables and Postgre SQL.
- Provided support to different levels of Tableau developers.
- Involved in Creating and Managing security rules for dashboards and views.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8, 9.1, Tableau Server 8.0, 9.1, MS Office Suite, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Excel.
Confidential, New York
Sr. Tableau Developer/ Sr. Data Analyst
- Involved in full life cycle of Reporting starting from the authoring phase, the Management phase all the way to the Delivery phase.
- Responsible for requirement gathering from business and prepared the requirement specification document.
- Understand and discuss the BI (ETL and Reporting) requirements with the Business Unit and preparing the detail design documentation per the standards.
- Designed and developed Tableau reports to ensure all the business requirements are met and provide enhanced Solution that meets client needs.
- Developed mock up reports for business users.
- Identified and created the datasets for the report generation, written the queries and stored procedures for reports, also identified parameters to be added in the reports as per the business requirement
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and extracts.
- Scheduled data refreshes (Complete refresh and Incremental refresh) on extracted source data in Tableau.
- Generate dashboards to provide trending of data using statistics and KPI’s for top management.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Created Tableau dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, heat maps, bullet charts, Gantt charts demonstrating key information for decision making.
- Created, organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives using advance Tableau functionalities like Actions, Parameters, Groups, Background Images, Context filters, etc.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Blended data from multiple sources, transformed and exported to Tableau through Alteryx.
- Involved in creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Worked with Tableau administrators in integrating fully interactive Tableau views on external websites through Java API scripting.
- Designed strategies for securing the reports created depending upon the level of sensitivity of information that the report contained.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server) 9.x/8.x, Teradata, Oracle, Java API, Alteryx, SQL Developer, SQL, XML, Flat files, UNIX, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Confidential, Cary, North Carolina
Tableau Developer /Data Analyst
- Lead meetings with Architect, SMEs and Business Teams to discuss the change requests related to the project, discussed possible solutions and finalized the solution
- Prepared the PPT on finalized solution, discussed it with focus groups and got necessary approvals
- Conducted Brainstorm with Business Teams, SMEs to do Requirement Elicitation
- Conducted JAD sessions with all stakeholders during the process of preparing Business Requirement Document and Review
- Prepared new or modified existing System Requirement Document with Pseudo code to meet Business Requirements
- Used SQL Queries extensively to extract data to do data analysis and created data mapping document with business rule for the ETL developer to processing and load data into the Third-party vendor tools.
- Develop source to target data mappings for ETL Developers to Migrate data.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability for requirements related to different project requirements
- Designed/Modified BO Universe using Vendor tool (LMS) Data mart as source to generate various Trading Report, which are source to the RWA and RAY.
- Created customized Crystal reports (Calypso, Equity and GL Reconcile reports) as per request from different departments like finance and Global marketing by providing end users an option to drill down into reports, sort/filter information, refresh reports, print reports, and export them into many formats including PDF, Excel, and Word.
- Liaised with Testing and Development Teams during Testing to review bugs reported by Testing Team in Quality Center
- Developed and designed complex data structures, ad hoc queries, reports and analytics in OBIEE
- Develop the universe and create variables in the Business objects repository
Environment: Tableau, Informatica Power center 9.1, Informatica Power Exchange 9.1, oracle 11g, SQL server 2008, ER-studio, Autosys 11.3, HP quality Centre, XML, Flat Files, Windows 7, Linux, OBIEE, Moodys analytics
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery, covering the entire Tableau development lifecycle.
- Installation, maintenance and administration of Tableau Servers.
- Experience in Marks, Publisher and Security.
- Experience with creating Worksheets, Dashboarding and infographics.
- Working with Multiple Data Connections.
- Used Snow flake and Star Schema Designs for data modelling.
- Experience with troubleshooting.
- Experience in tableau created Rapid Analytics and Reporting.
- Experience with Tableau for Data Acquisition and data visualizations for client and customers.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Involved in Custom Geocoding.
- Expertise in Tableau Analysis.
- Experience in BI interactive Dashboards and Tableau Publisher.
- Experience in developing Dashboard using OLAP cubes.
- Experience of Client-Interaction on onsite/Offshore.
- Involved in Test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Live, optimized connections to Teradata to leverage the investments.
- Expertise in connecting to Oracle and SQL databases and troubleshooting.
Environment: Tableau Server 6.1, Tableau Desktop 6.1, MYSQL Server, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2008 SSAS, Oracle 11i, Sybase, Crystal XI, Info view, CMS, CMC, Excel, JAVA, J2EE, Tomcat., TSQL, UNIX, Linux RHEL 5.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Business System Analyst/Data Analyst
- Worked with project manager, traders, and other stakeholders to define project scope, plan, and requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions with the stakeholders, end users and SME, to determine the critical business processes and identify key functional requirements for system adhering to the financial regulations and policies.
- Implemented change management after the application is in production and ensured the changes moved into production via DBA and ETL and were implemented in production with all approvals
- Involved in preparing Logical Data Models and conducted controlled brain-storming sessions with project focus groups.
- Identified business process and developed business process flow diagrams for loan preapproval, loan application and loan process with the help of MS Visio.
- Performed GAP analysis of current new account opening processes and compare with proposed system enhancement.
- Used Rational Rose to design Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams to simplify the business process for stakeholders and developers
- Implemented Referential Integrity using primary key and foreign key relationships.
- Identified and tracked slowly changing dimensions and determined the hierarchies in dimensions.
- Used Erwin tool for relational database and dimensional data warehouse designs.
- Designed complex report Published to Crystal Enterprise for end users to view, schedule, and share reports over the web (Info View).
- Created documentation and test cases, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing. Conducted logical data model walkthroughs and validation.
- Used Crystal Reports to generate reports from different databases of different asset classes like equities, bonds, derivatives, and commodities, for all business needs.
Environment: Erwin 4.0, SQL, PL/SQL, MS Office (Word, Power Point, Access, Excel, Outlook), Lotus notes, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2005/2000, Business Objects, Informatica.
Siebel Analytics Developer
- Involved in Creating and Administering the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in a Siebel Analytics Repository.
- Configured analytics repository with logical dimensional modeling using Star Schema (Facts and Dimensions).
- Configured and created repository using Siebel Analytic Admin Tool.
- Developed different kinds of reports/Ad-hoc queries using Siebel Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards.
- Created connection pools to retrieve data from Siebel LDAP layer, real time Siebel OLTP data and data from Oracle Database.
- Managed day-to-day repository (rpd), scheduler, and iBots.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards per user requirements.
- Involved in setting up Delivers to configure iBots based on the threshold value to the users.
- Developed UNIX and PL/SQL scripts for pre & post session processes to automate daily loads.
- Created iBots and Delivers to send Alert messages to subscribed users.
Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.7.1, Informatica Power Center 6.1, Oracle 8i, TOAD, UNIX