Senior Programmer Analyst with extensive experience developing and supporting Business and Human Resources Applications. An accomplished programmer and team lead experienced in relational databases, client server technology and proficient in all phases of project management. Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Programming languages Cobol, Assembler, ABAP/4, C, C++, Java
- Software packages IMB JCL, QMF, Easytrieve, Xpediter, FileAid, REXX, Endevor
- Hardware MVS, VM, SQL Server, HP/UNIX, AS400
- Data Bases DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, IMS
- Business process expertise in Financials Management Applications
Principal Software Engineer
- Lead developer and team leader for an enterprise financial management software package. Software is written in Cobol with a net browser front end interface. Package runs on the MVS, Unix, Nt or AS400 platforms utilizing various relational databases (DB2, Oracle, Sql server). .
- Converted a home grown source control package running on an IBM VM platform to the Computer Associates Endevor Change Management System. Created Endevor processors to handle compilation of cobol, assembler and C modules. Created exit routines to perform additional edit validations. Created multiple User functions utilizing rexx and ispf panels.
- Responsible for General Ledger, Purchasing, Job Cost, Fixed Assets and Human Resources applications.
- Involved with the full project lifecycle for major enhancements for the responsible applications
- Designed and developed Java based Human Resources employee and manager self - service system
- Performed maintenance updates for reported client issues
Senior Programmer Analyst
Confidential, Stanford, CT
- Participated in the installation of SAP accounting modules to replace existing in-house general ledger application
- Developed interface modules to supply accounting data from legacy systems
- Coded reports using SAPs’ language ABAP/4
- Developed a Corporate MIS system to compute profitability of banks products and services to customers
- Developed interface modules between a Sybase based global customer repository and local IBM mainframe based customer files
- Worked on a Foreign Exchange system which tracked how different currencies were bought and sold and their associated profits.
- Designed a Financial product system to track bond instruments traded on the secondary market and assessed the current value of client portfolios.
- Enhanced a Letter of Credit system which tracked letters of credits, collection and reimbursements through the entire life of the issue.
- Supervised a team of seven programmers.
- Interfaced with users and demonstrated the enhanced software
- Created all testing and coding standards and provided technical assistance for updating COBOL. IMS DB and Assembler programs to handle enlarged data files
- Developed various utilities to generate test data, verify results and analyzed the impact of changes to the production environment
- Developed and maintained COBOL IMS programs for invoice processing.
- Developed and maintained COBOL and Culprit programs for auditing various departments within the bank.