- Over 10 plus years of experience as a Business/System/IT Analyst with extensive knowledge and experience across the project life cycle & Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in the fields of Finance, Health Insurance, Investment Banking, Telecommunication, Mortgage industry, E - Commerce and Annuity.
- Exceptional knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Agile & Waterfall
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the documentation of business process requirements and specifications, design and development of use case scenarios & User stories.
- Extensive experience in facilitating user group meetings and gathering requirements
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design.
- Recognized for being exceptional in communicating with the business to stakeholders, application developers and end users.
- Experience in enabling necessary collaboration among business and development teams to achieve clear and well-defined requirements.
- Experienced in developing Use Case Models, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams & Business process flows.
- Strong visual modeling and business process modeling skills starting with White board to the tools i.e. Rational Rose, MS Visio and Star-UML.
- Worked in team environment and developed relationship with external customers and internal counterparts.
- Acted as a liaison between business owner, SME and development teams and assisted them with Questions /concerns and provide feedback which defines the solution on each level.
- Assisted in developing test cases based on product features and functionality, and user interaction possibilities
- Well versed with conducting gap analysis, developing proof of concept, and detailed story boards to help with business and technical decisions
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, communication and documentation skills with good process management skills to gather requirements that brings out the quality product.
- Experienced in working migration project for secure file transfer application.
- Project lifecycle management / Application Life cycle management;
- Rational Unified Process, SDLC, Agile Methodologies, Waterfall.
- Project Design & Scope management
- SCIFORMA, MS Project, HP ALM
- Business modeling
- White board, Visio, Star UML & Rational Rose
- Gap Analysis, JAD sessions, Project Backlog
- Microsoft Office Suite & JIRA
- Documenting Artifacts (e.g. BRD, SRS, PRS, User stories, Use case, Project Scope & etc.)
- Rational Requisite Pro., EMC Documentum, Caliber, Microsoft Word, Confluence
- Creating test Strategies and documenting Test cases
- Mercury, HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest
- Knowledge of Products and understanding core functionalities/ act as product owner
- MS SharePoint, MS Office Suite, Dreamweaver, Oracle E-Business Suite Financials Oracle, Enterprise Content Management System (Adobe CQ5).
- Knowledge and understanding of different environments
- HTML, .NET, JAVA, SQL & PL SQL
System Analyst / Migration Coordinator / Product Analyst
- As this was a migration project therefore my first task was to understand the current application.
- Daily Team stand up to discuss which data feeds teams are working on and if there are any issues with the current migration.
- Creating data flows for explanation of AS IS and TO BE systems data flows
- Running through the migration process with the End users / Clients /Vendors
- Scheduling meeting with Vendor to go through the migration effort, demo the TO BE flow with them and including necessary Resources to the migration based on skills set.
- Understanding of Data integrity, understanding of Public or Private keys SSH Keys and changing the flow or efforts in migration accordingly.
- Creating meta data of migration related data feeds and understanding the impact from Source and target perspective.
- In some occasion identifying Source resource (where the files are generated or pulled) or Target resource (where the files are usually dropped)
- Identifying the transfer either Automated or SFTP (manual push) include resource accordingly.
- Coordinate PAT testing, making sure the end to end file delivery is covered in Testing.
- Schedule PAT session and coordinate them with internal or external business users(vendors) test results and sign off.
- Update tracker and logs for the Pat testing issues or Production release issues.
- Maintain documents / sign off / Action items or Decisions in share point.
- Schedule and coordinate Production release with vendor or internal team.
- Create Production plan document for end user.
- Monitor the first run of the file delivery and making sure file generated and get delivered according to the TO BE system.
- Maintain and update data feed migration inventory. Coordinate with other teams and inform/discuss the impact of a specific file delivery migration.
- Making sure that data feed characteristics have been replicated or enhanced in the TO BE system.
Technology: Momentum, TIBCO, SharePoint, Microsoft office
ECMS Senior Business System Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Daily standup providing status of each task i.e. what is done, what will be done and if there are any road blocks.
- Facilitating sprint planning, Sprint Sessions, User stories review and JAD sessions.
- During Sprint planning I was responsible for providing T-shirt sizes to the user stories with the help of dev. and define in which sprint we can cover the user story.
- Documenting User story, defining as a user what will be the hurdles that need to be completed to get the output
- Help out developers Understand scope requirements and create Wireframes and define key components or map out data element for them.
- Being the Senior BA I will also help out QA, create test strategy document and explain what will be the accurate scripts that can cover the entire functionality
- The acceptance criteria would cover all the validation for Testers to under where the user will be on happy path and when user will face passive path.
- During sprint planning or Sprint grooming I will track the status of the user stories that Developer are working on. and how much work is completed during the sprint. Base on the availability of the Dev. I would T-shirt size the user story and list it under sprint.
- Managing User stories and Epic in JIRA and maintain the wiki pages on confluence.
- AS a ECMS business analyst the expectation was that I had to be an SME for ECMS system from the author point of view.
- When writing user stories, I have to capture how author can make changes, what is UI rendered and what can be customized/ edited
- To help Data team I will create a metadata of all the field that define what kind of field it is, what is the length of the field and whether is UI rendered or it can be authored.
Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, JAVA, ECMS, UNIX, JIRA, and Confluence.
- As SAP analyst, went through all the material that was provided for their current System. Understood and acted as a SME for the users (i.e. from different departments) to answer or provide solution to their concern related to system.
- Based on the System knowledge created a User guide artifact which defines what the current system is how it can be used where it shall be used, defined user access and created a structure for the dev. team to follow for future releases.
- Created data mapping for the application i.e. map out each field defining, what is the value of the field numeric / alpha numeric, whether the field is 6 or 7 strings long, which data table it belongs to and etc...
- I was also responsible for creating artifacts like BRD and SRS; I would capture business requirements from different business users from different departments and ask those basic questions that why and how this change or requirements will make a difference.
- Reviewed the artifacts with business and developers make changes, once the document is signed off by all the sponsors/stakeholder have it on the shared drive.
- Create a test strategy document defining who will test, what will be tested and what kind of testing will be done will it be regression or smoke testing.
- Making sure that testing score card is maintained and all the issues have been logged.
Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, Caliber, MS project, SQL, SCIFORMA
Sen. Business Analyst
- I initiated the project with AS IS understanding of the system; started the process of gathering Scope requirements from business.
- I was responsible for documenting different artifacts i.e. Business case, Use case, BRD and Test strategy document.
- I was responsible on having a JAD session with Business and developer and review the initial design provide feedback and get clarifications.
- I designed an end to end process flow that defines each toll gate it also define different system involved in the system decision process initiated the process of designing from the white board to MS Visio.
- Initiate a Change management process i.e. to get approval from business, create a BRD for specific change request and create test case and test strategy document.
- I was also involved in interacting with third party vendors and discovering new solutions for the company
- I was included in reviewing and creating of contract, reviewing with legal/ compliance users.
- I was also included in the process of reviewing and hiring new employees for the Client company
Technology: Microsoft Office Workshop, SQL, HP ALM, STAR UML
Business system Analyst
- Use of rational Requisite pro for Gathering & document requirements.
- Participates in the requirements development for applying business needs to technical applications.
- Responsible for documenting System requirements definition (RD) processes and modeling methods
- Responsible for providing conceptual and logical modeling
- Defining and documenting internal and external user interfaces and support system and data requirement clarification and definition.
- Responsible for tailoring information for multiple user audiences, including customers and senior management
- Interact with customer to set and meet project goals with only general instruction. Goes the ‘extra mile’ for the customer to the extent that it is reasonable
- Ability to support prototyping activities that will validate business requirements and solution definition
- Experience with networked data management systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology industry trends, directions and market experience; ability to relate them to own organization
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated processing, company technology practices, standards and procedures
- Outlines potential cost/savings outcomes of technology use. Troubleshoots or addresses significant limitations or problems of technology applications.
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis
- Ability to work on ‘stretch’ work assignments and act decisively when faced with critical problems
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- Ability to coach and mentor other lower level business systems analysts.
Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, Caliber, MS project, SQL, SharePoint
Confidential, Boston, MA
Business System Analyst
- Being BSA for Annuity Host and Life Insurance Team understanding the System and Procedures
- Lead the Production Discrepancy team
- Involved in Problem discussion with the business, end users, QA (Testing Team) and other BSA from business perspective
- Thorough self-analysis of the problem to determine its root cause as soon as a defect is logged and deciding the appropriate solution/fix to resolve the problem.
- Review the analysis of the developers and based on the analysis being done, determine the appropriate fix for the problem
- Preparation of technical specification document for the development team to implement the fix and functional requirement document for the QA team to test the fix
- Involved in Requirement Elicitation & Analysis of tables related to multiple Confidential Projects.
- Analysis of production tables and updates to the production IMS/TBASE and DB2 tables
- Determining the appropriate tables to be updated keeping in mind the relationship between the tables.
- Updates to the DB2 tables are done using SQL Queries in SPUFI and some of the tools and applications used in the client system like DBASSIST and Product Central.
- Involved in generating the reports through Focus language
- Monitoring the nightly batch and fix any amends or errors.
- Follow up and root cause analysis of the ABEND and logging of defect for the same.
- Onsite Coordinator for the project and handling multimember 4 member team at offshore
- Designed and developed reports using Crystal Reports XI version
- Requirement gathering from various stakeholders as automation involving multiple Applications
Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, Caliber, MS project, SQL, Lotus Notes
- Interfaced with business users to identify Business Objectives, Stakeholder Needs, Decision Framework, Solution Scope, Stakeholder Expectations and Critical Success Factors.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Work with the SME to understand the Annuity product and prepare BPR documents for ongoing projects.
- Utilized ESDM and Agile Methodology to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Developed use case with UML for new product functionality.
- Created Interface specification documents between impacted applications.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Participate in stage gate sessions, transition to release (DDI) and all other ESDM lifecycle meetings for projects
- Created procedure document for Smoke Scripting.
- Work with the development team and created Smoke Scripts for testing automation.
Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, Caliber, MS project, SQL, Rational Software Modular (RSM), HP Quality Center
Business System Analyst
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing Mediation system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Convert the Business Process Requirements (BPR) into System Specification Requirements (SRS) using Caliber.
- Implemented RUP methodology to develop process, standards and procedures.
- Implemented Use Cases to capture the system requirement by using Requisite-Pro and RSM.
- Modulated the detailed design of the system using use case diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio and RSM.
- Created Wire frame models for web development application.
- Created different traceability views to determine feature and use case dependence.
- Traced test cases and functional specifications to SRS and BPR using Caliber.
- Created Interface document between upstream and downstream applications.
- Utilized SQL (queries) programming to understand the DB structure.
- Created, compiled, maintained and communicated orderly test results and status reports.
- Worked with the clients on the final signing process in the user acceptance stages.
Technology: Microsoft Word & Excel, Clear QUEST, Microsoft SharePoint
Intern IT consultant
- Assisted in creating Project Plan, Road Map. Designed Requirements Planning and Management document.
- Performed Enterprise Analysis and actively participated in buying Tool Licenses.
- Identified subject-matter experts and drove the requirements gathering process through approval of the documents that convey their needs to management, developers, and quality assurance team.
- Performed technical project consultation, initiation, collection and documentation of client business and functional requirements, solution alternatives, functional design, testing and implementation support.
- Requirements Elicitation, Analysis, Communication, and Validation according to Six Sigma Standards.
- Captured Business Process Flows and Reengineered Process to achieve maximum outputs.
- Facilitating JAD sessions, brain storming sessions with the Business Group and the Technology Group.