- Has extensive experience of over 15 years as a Business / Data Analytics Solutions Scientist in Utility/Energy, Health care, Automotive and Insurance industries complemented by engineering degree, to develop reports, tools, and services that provide valuable insights.
- Has broad experience in user - and systems-level analytics, management consulting, business development, software development, testing, business support, and report writing. Worked on large-scale enterprise financial reporting and audit projects, including problem solving, performing financial, logistic, and marketing analysis, and modeling.
- Has knowledge of risk management information systems including utilization and functionality.
- Also has extensive experience with creating test cases, scripts, in translating design documents from functional to technical specifications, performing systems and design documentation and fit-gap analysis.
- In addition to that, also able clearly and fluently translated technical findings to a non-technical team, such as the Operation, Marketing, Call Centers or Sales departments.
- This involved enablement of the business to make decisions by arming them with quantified insights, in addition to understanding the needs of our non-technical colleagues in order to wrangle the data appropriately.
- With ability to work independently and in the group projects, has worked on a range of databases and applications. Has a strong knowledge of business and services innovations, business case development.
- Resourceful, accurate, detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to quickly grasp new technology, learn and adapt to new systems and software.
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Oracle Designer 2000, Oracle Reports v.6i, Crystal Reports, Juris Reports, iVOS reports, Access Reports, Jasper Reports
Data Exploration and Visualization Tools: Tableau; Statistical Computer Packages hands-on experience with R, SAS and SPSS.
Scripting Languages and Data Mining Tools: exposure to C and Java, HTML, XML, API
Interfacing with RDBMS engines: Oracle 8/9i/10g; SQL Server 2005, 2008; MySQL; Cache Database; DB2 using JDBC and ODBC, SQL/PL-SQL packages/T-SQL
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Window 2007/ NT/ 2000 / 98 / 95 / XP; proficient in Linux and Unix operating system with strong debugging and problem analysis ; IBM mainframe operating systems MVS, TSO, JCL ; Rational Clear Case; ClearQuest
Network and Database Connectivity Tools: Hands on with FTP and it\'s secure variants PGP encryption products, OnNet-32 network; Toad; Hummingbird Connectivity, ODBC, Exceed 7.0
Management of software development processes: Good understanding of issues in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); Request Tracking System (RTS);
Business Applications: MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project, Visio, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, WIKI
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Senior Business Data Analyst
- Supporting the Total Performance Management initiative of Medical and Product Professional Liability Group to ensure that our operations teams are aligned with overall client’s program goals.
- Developing comprehensive, complex data reports and dashboards and providing analysis for forecasting and/or benchmarking used by senior management. The role brought greater focus and accountability with a major focus on turning data-driven insights into strategy and action. This involved leveraging analytical tools to identify areas of opportunity, identify loss causation, risk evaluation as well as monitor industry and competitor performance by conducting benchmarking studies to analyze industry-wide trends and to benchmark individual clients against their industry.
- Providing complex data analysis functions to meet client specific, program or company senior management needs. This involved conducting clinical analysis to determine optimal metrics that allowed Risk Managers to quickly evaluate the status of their programs and identify area of opportunity, to capture clinical elements in client's professional liability cases to accurately pinpoint the individual practice and system breakdowns at the root of the alleged medical error. The insight gained through this taxonomy provides evidence for our clients to drive patient safety initiatives, improve quality of care, reduce loss costs and stay in compliance.
- Gathering and preparing statistical data for reporting; making recommendations to management for training needs and staying up-to date on current business analytics industry landscape development. Additionally, enabled big data analytics for our clients through advisory services including consultation with large professional liability clients by leveraging their malpractice claim data.
- Performed data integrity; development and production of reports utilized in measuring data accuracy. Preparing data for analysis including selection, cleansing, creation of derived fields, and formatting. Involved in business UAT in collaboration with IT Development teams.
Environment: Hyperion, Business Objects, viaOne, SQL Server, Juris, iVOS, Juris Reports, iVOS Reports, MSOffice, MS Access, Excel, SharePoint, Tableau, PowerPoint
Business Data/Audit Analyst
- Provide remote support for Field Audit staff to ensure timely availability of audit data, test results and reports using Lotus Notes/web enabled databases.
- Perform testing and create reports to support audit findings.
- Perform Variance Analysis and Data Mining.
- Conduct desk audits of franchised dealerships to ensure payments made for warranty claims, incentive programs, and reported sales are properly supported by the dealership in accordance with the client’s policies.
- Collaborate with IT staff to identify improvements, create enhancement requirements, perform User Acceptance Testing and troubleshoot issues to ensure system availability.
- Responsible for computer hardware/software management within Corporate Audit.
Environment: Warranty, UPIC, Dealer Billing, Case management System, Auto Audit, Business Objects, DB2, Microsoft Access and Excel, FTP
Business System Analyst
- Documented the business and software requirements and created system and design documentation.
- Developed and maintained technical documentation such as data specifications, business rules, flowcharts, and technical memos.
- Prepared weekly and monthly financial, operational and sales reports for upper management.
- Directly worked with vendors and internal business partners and provided expertise and guidance to the customers as required.
- Prepared written and verbal reports and briefings.
- Performed root-cause analysis of database and data related issues, and resolved complex data problem as needed.
- Provided full support in database management and migration from MS Access to Oracle 10g including writing SQL and stored procedures.
Environment: SQL, Access, Oracle 10g, Unix, Visio, MS Project
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Technical Business Analyst
- Performed system analysis (Local and Confidential Claim Systems) by closely working with mainframe developers and Business Units.
- Provided audit and test validity of data results that resulted in report integrity.
- Provided expertise and guidance to the customers as required.
- Documented business requirements for mapping of Nasco ITS Claims to the Local Claims fields to ensure business and quality assurance and provide ability for the business to compare finalized claims processed on Local and Confidential systems after MOS changes to be implemented.
- Developed, tested, and implemented parallel testing infrastructure to produce Claim Comparison reports between Local and Nasco systems.
- Enhanced BCBS capabilities by ensuring that no significant payment differences exist between two platforms and ultimately that MOS solution would have a known and predictable outcome.
- Developed, tested, and implemented methods to extract data from mainframe database and enabled the generation of management summary and detailed reports using Crystal Reports Developer tools and MS Access database.
- Documented technical specifications to enable future enhancements to the existing infrastructure and reports.
- Collaborated with other technology teams and architects to define and develop cross - function technology stack interactions. mainframe testers and developers that resulted in consistent outputs.
Environment: Access, Excel, Crystal Reports, Nasco, MOS, SQL, MS Project
Confidential, Detroit, MI
System Analyst / Developer
- Worked across the entire company to drive actionable insights into customer behavior, product usability, marketing performance, and risk.
- Responsible for investigation of application data structures and processes in order to perform data sourcing for reporting.
- Generated PL/SQL stored procedures and enabled business to generated required reporting in a range of predetermined formats.
- Analyzed changes, enhancements and/or designs to ensure confidentiality, data integrity and availability.
- Participated in system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for optimizing the report’s SQL and troubleshooting of processing errors.
- Worked directly with executives and managers at all levels of the organization to gather and analyze requirements for reporting/data needs.
- Collaborated with various Departments in the company: Database Engineering, Network Engineering, Server Engineering, Information Protection Group to find solution on given task.
- Applied accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, and audit trails are maintained throughout all applications.
- Created financial reports and was responsible for data integrity analysis and data reconciliation.
- Generated reporting functions (analysis, design, development, quality control testing and deployment and integration) and helped business personnel to generate reports, sub-reports, and chart/graphs as needed by individual business users and management.
- Participated in application upgrades, software patch installations and infrastructure changes through testing and change control completion.
Environment: Oracle Financial Applications, Credit and Collection application, PeopleSoft Financials Modules (General Ledger, Accounts Payables/Billing, Travel/Expenses), SAP (FI and CS modules), Data Warehouse Reporting, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Oracle Reports, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, UNIX, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, Visio, FTP Package