- PMP and ITIL Certified. IT leadership, problem - solving, and change management experience with a unique ability to deliver creative solutions to complex needs.
- Skilled in business analysis, project management, and service management.
- Successfully leverages technology solutions and adept at executing strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Solid track record at business systems, development management, demand and resource management, with optimal use of in-house staff and outsourced/offshore providers.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Strong people-oriented leader and consultant who delivers and supports enterprise-level, customer-facing, high availability transactional systems, data warehouse, and business intelligence.
Software Packages: Peoplesoft, Vignette, Livelink, IBM OnDemand, Kofax Ascent, FICS Abacus, CorpTax, FCS, M&D, GEAC, Walker, Solomon, Hershey, Hyperion, Tiburon CAD, Remedy, Epicor, Mitchell SmartAdvisor, ReviewStat, WorkFront, ServiceNow, QuickBooks, Essette Health Care Management
Operating Systems: NT, Unix, iPlanet, BEA Weblogic, MVS, VM, VMWare
Hardware: IBM mainframe, Sun, WinTel
Database: DB2, Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, Lotus Notes, Arcadia, Hadoop
Tools: MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint Java, IIS, SQA test, Forte
Confidential, La Palma, CA
- Lead Business Analyst for Health Care Management Software implementation, data migration, new interfaces, configuration.
- Prepared test plans, test scripts, executed testing and status reporting.
Confidential, Orange, CA
Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Business analysis, project management, and quality assurance for medical bill review and workers compensation claims utilization management.
- Expertise in Business Requirements, Project Plans, Functional Specifications, User Manuals, RAID Tracking. Utilized Sharepoint, Workfront.
- Automation of Claims EDI to the Case Management Software---this enhanced productivity and reduced errors.
- Business analysis/project management for large scale acquisition of workers compensation insurance portfolio, consolidation of key business systems for medical bill review and clinical services..
- Accounting middleware for billing services: designed, tested, and implemented using Excel and Access, with import to QuickBooks. Converted to QuickBooks 2015 from 2008. Coordinated with Finance/Accountng and IT infrastructure.
- IT Strategic Roadmap: repository tool for initiatives, prioritization framework, executive presentations.
- Analyzed, built and tested automated workflow and business rules.
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence: Business and Data Analysis, Test Specs, Agile methodology. planned and tested business applications and coordinated with corporate IT.
Confidential, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Business analysis and project management for ERP Financial Systems implementation (Epicor)---successfully delivered GL/AP/AR under accelerated timeline and increased scope. Interface specifications, project planning, status/issue reporting, test planning and execution.
- Prepared Functional Specifications, Test Specifications, Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Vendor evaluation for budgeting and planning system.
- Managed development using offshore resources and Sharepoint.
- Executed and documented QA testing.
IT Project Director/Public Safety IT Manager
- Hands-on project management for ITIL initiatives--implementation of BMC Remedy (Incident Management/Request Management/Problem Management, Configuration Management).
- Hands-on project management for Emergency Operations Technology, Server Consolidation and Virtualization, Data Center Consolidation and Service Desk.
- Day-to-day operations management of Service Desk, Server, Infrastructure, Network, Multi-media. Provided performance metrics to executives.
- Implemented automated Incident/Problem/Change Management for 911, Police, Fire Departments.
Confidential, Hayward, CA
- Hands-on project management for Student Health Services: implementation of Medicat software for patient scheduling, electronic medical records, imaging, automated interfaces with laboratory and pharmacy providers, wireless. Project management for Strategic Software selection for Student Affairs. Managed initiatives to develop interfaces and reports/extracts from Peoplesoft Financials..
- Implemented automated Incident/Problem/Change Management
- Recommended and deployed new processes for capacity planning, project status reporting, database and server support services, ITIL initiatives. Leveraged Sharepoint for project and applications management.
- Built and directed a team of Project Managers and Technical Resources---managing applications, projects, and servers for various university divisions. Responsible for support of: student affairs, imaging, planning and enrollment, healthcare, public safety, scheduling, finance and accounting, data warehouse, facilities management, energy management.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Project Manager/Independent Consultant
- Critical troubleshooting for $5MM new loan origination system project plagued by missed key deadlines and vendor default. Quickly created a situation assessment and action steps for Executive decision.
- Deployed process improvements for testing, dashboard reporting, metrics, problem tracking and resolution
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Service Delivery Manager
- Program/project management, and business analysis for project and maintenance budgets of $5MM/year; large application portfolio supporting Customer Service/eCommerce, Back Office, Payment Processing and Corporate Applications for the Card Business.
- Built and mentored a team of project managers and business analysts.
- Directly managed numerous IT projects, with large notable examples: new Debit Card Disputes system, conversion of the Providian GL and HR onto PeopleSoft, conversion of a large credit card portfolio from legacy Call Center servicing application to strategic platform.
- Matrix-managed Offshore resources and vendors for application development and maintenance.
- Led rapid response (“SWAT”) teams for stabilization and efficiencies in high volume, customer-facing web applications, resulting in exceeded service levels and increased customer satisfaction.
- Hands-on project management, change management and release management for customer-facing web applications.
- Resource management, to include: process design and implementation of MIS for demand/supply and capacity planning, tracking, forecasting, and recruiting, which optimized staffing mix and increased responsiveness to client demand.
- Provided dashboard and metrics reporting for internal Confidential and client management.
- Key contributor on initiatives for: continuous process improvement and enhancement of workflow between US and Offshore service partners, CMMI accreditation, ITIL service methodology.
- Responsible for: client relationship management, project portfolio planning, incident management, problem management, release management, budgeting, status reporting, change management, risk/issue management.
Confidential, Pleasanton CA
Director Servicing and Back Office Applications
- Hands-on project management of a web-based electronic payments and returned items processing system, with a central database, middle-tier business rules, and XML-enablement.
- Hands-on project management of a web-based customer disputes system with imaging and workflow, reducing dispute losses and back office staff, and improving regulatory timeline compliance.
- Directed a team of 60+ developers for application development/maintenance, budget of $5MM/year.
- Developed a Credit Protection servicing application that improved workflow and MIS.
- Implemented Document Management applications and managed the Customer Self-Service Website, Call Center Service, Customer Email, Escalated Customer Calls, Restitution and Class Action, Electronic Payment Processing, Image Capture, Document Management and Back Office Services.
- Managed migration of applications from Informix to Oracle in 6 months, helping meet goals to standardize infrastructure platforms and reduce cost.
- Managed Disaster Recovery / Business Resumption planning and exercises for key applications.
- Managed software vendors, outsourcing companies, and consultants as resources in key projects.
Confidential, San Francisco and Concord, CA
Systems Manager and Director
- Lead Business Analyst and Project Manager for development of $7MM custom General Ledger (GL) Online system which was deployed to 700 users at 30 sites across the US.
- Project and Technology Manager, drove numerous projects to support Acquisitions and Mergers at BofA. These included Finance Conversion projects, development of a front-end utility to manage 100+ interfacing systems, data warehouse integration.
- Subject Matter Expert on the due diligence team that evaluated BofA acquired banks’ Finance applications; performed migration planning, gap analysis, data mapping, conversion requirements.
- Expertise in Financial Databases and Reporting.
- Responsible for migrating BofA Finance Applications to the Nationsbank platform in less than a year. This involved quick and thorough analysis of source applications and target Nationsbank applications, data mapping, deployment of conversion programs, and special MIS to ensure accuracy. These merger projects were done concurrently with Y2K projects.
- Evaluated vendor packages and authored RFP for Financial Systems migration to new technology (SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle Financials).
- Hands-on Project Manager of Y2K remediation for 100 applications in Finance and Procurement Systems.
- Managed a staff of 40 developers responsible for development and maintenance of Finance and Procurement systems which included: General Ledger, Planning and Budgeting, Data Warehouse, Cost Allocations, Funds Transfer Pricing, Consolidation, Regulatory and Tax Reporting, Accounts Payable, Procurement, Fixed Assets and Field Services/Call Center.
- Organized optimal support teams, reducing production staff by 50% while improving service.
- Defined and managed annual department budget over $4MM/year.
- Developed $2MM Procurement E-commerce website and directed data center migration.
- Key contributor to task force which defined the Finance Technology Strategy.