- Dynamic and Energetic Business Systems Analyst with 8+ years of experience and Cross Functional domain expertise.
- Proven ability to transform Business vision into Business and Functional requirements.
- Able to take ownership of projects from beginning to end, known for being efficient.
- Seeking a challenging position where I can use my experience of Information Technology Development Lifecycle, to improve efficiency and enhance profitability of an organization while becoming a valued member.
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Business Process Modeling
- Business Process Reengineering
- Consultative ability
- Strong research capability
- Commitment to quality
- Proficient in Facilitation and Elicitation
- Problem Solver
- Critical Thinker
- Visual Modeling wireframes/ Mockups
- Expert in analyzing and creating UML Diagrams
Methodologies: Agile/ Scrum, Waterfall.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2005/2008.
Applications: MS Office Professional, WebEx Meeting, Skype, Adobe Connect.
Quality Management: Jira, Rally, HP Quality center, Jama, Cognos 8 Bi2005, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Jama, Axure RP Pro 6.5, iRise, MS Visio, Smart Draw, Enterprise Architect, Balsamiq
Documentation Tools: SharePoint, Confluence, Jama, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Java/J2e, HTML, XML, Rest API, Soap UI.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Business Systems Analyst
- Provided BA estimates for the projects, Created Project Plan.
- Analyzed the process and created As - Is and To-Be Business Processes (BPMN) diagrams using MS-Visio.
- Worked as a primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the multiple projects life cycle.
- Lead strategy to save company 32.2 million annually alone on towing needs.
- Worked closely with business user to understand the need of the business in order to deliver the desirable output. Created Business Requirements, consumable Non-functional and Functional Requirement documents. Received Approval & Signoff for all the projects within Tight Deadlines.
- Provided various valuable suggestions in the Functional Requirements elicitation phase, provided solutions for the complex requirements, contributed to the identification of solution alternatives.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint application development) sessions and Brain Storming sessions with development teams and QAT (Quality assurance tester’s) team to carve out the best possible way to document requirements.
- Lead cross-functional team discussions to identify & confirm various requirements, created Interface agreements with various application groups.
- Created complex wireframes for the To-Be web portal as well as website simulations using wire-framing tools like iRise and Balsamiq.
- Drafted Use cases, created Use case diagrams (UML diagram).
- Captured each data element precisely, Participated in testing and discover discrepancies in requirements and actual product and saved the company time and cost of going through enhancements later.
- Mastered Company’s integral requirement management tool ‘Jama’. Provided training on Jama to several old and new Business Analysts.
Environment: Agile, Waterfall, Agile Waterfall mixed, Microsoft office suit, JAMA, iRise, SharePoint, SQL, Balsamiq, Irise, MS Visio, TFS, Amazon Web services.
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Participated in feasibility study of the project, continued to be a valued member in all phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile Scrum methodology.
- Conducted As-Is study and performed business process modeling, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Conducted extensive brainstorming sessions with business users to gather requirements and translated those requirements in to, Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Identified all necessary Business and System Narrative Use Cases from requirements, created UML diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, using Microsoft Visio.
- Participated in impact analysis and assisted business users in determining the priority of the change requests.
- Assisted Project Manager in developing the Project Schedule, budgeting, identifying the milestones, setting realistic project expectations, evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and planning, also conducted project related presentations.
- Delivered Sprint Review Presentations to business users and stakeholders also Participated in user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Monitored defects in the system using tools like JIRA to ensure that the quality of the system meets the industry standards and the business user’s requirements.
Environment: Agile methodology, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, JIRA, MS-Visio, Axure RP Pro, Java J2ee, SQL and XML, HP Quality Center.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated JAD (Joint application development) & JAR (Joint Application Requirement) sessions with business users and development teams to drive out detailed business requirements.
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality, navigational flow.
- Created Business process diagrams for the as- is and the to-be process, performed business process modeling.
- Designed user interface (UI) Mockups and reviewed design with development team.
- Documented and delivered Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Performed System and Integration Testing along with testers. Conducted UAT with the business.
- Conducted data mapping, data modeling and data analysis.
- Assured all artifacts/signoffs were in compliance with corporate policies and guidelines and archived.
Environment: Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Office, SQL Server, Windows 2000, JIRA, Java/J2ee, HTML.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Business System Analyst
- Worked directly with both store/Warehouse users, subject matter experts (SME) and business stakeholders to collect business requirement.
- Explained the solution, analyzed the functional requirements, prepared the Use cases, defined the supplementary requirements, defined assumptions, prepared the traceability matrix, and validated the requirements.
- Created STM (Synchronous Transport Module) analyzed POS Data and created Cognos Reports using POS data.
- Managed and tracked change control process of requirements and design changes. Documented the changes, issues and their impact on the system design and delivery.
- Used SQL queries to extract data from database to perform data analysis.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings to discuss the bottlenecks and the tasks status gave walkthroughs to the product owners after completion of every sprint cycle.
- Performed quality assurance testing (QAT) and training to store uses.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visual SourceSafe, Test Director, Cognos 8Bi, Agile methodology.
Business Analyst /IT Associate
- Participated in capturing the requirements from Business Users as well as end users.
- Performed extensive Research and Analysis, Presented new business solutions.
- Prepared business requirement documentation in the Pre-implementation process of ISO 14001.
- Used variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitated JAD sessions, Survey) to determine business requirements and technology needs to fulfill the GAP.
- Participated in project planning, project management methodology implementation, and issue/risk tracking, scope and resource management.
- Worked with Project managers and team to prepare financial analysis documents towards the successful implementation of Environmental Standards.
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Oracle, MS Office suite, In-house project management and defect tracking software.