Accomplished Business Analyst offering more than 12 1/2 years of experience in many of the world’s leading investment banks. Hands - on 12 1/2 years of experience working in a result-driven work environment, expertise in collaboration with stakeholders to deliver the results that surpass corporate goals and ultimately increase productivity in the market. Experience in Project Implementations, Change Management, Regulatory Reporting and E-commerce. Broad-based business acumen, blend with analytical skill, technological acumen and leadership capabilities. Excellent with project management methodologies and procedures like Waterfall and Agile.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- BRDs/FRDs: Documenting the functional requirements, technical specifications and template documentation designs for clients business needs while providing expertise in product knowledge and feature/functionality as it relates to business requirements. Responsible for reviewing complex data files, mapping documents, client requirements and providing guidance on best practices. Able to speak to the internal technical capabilities of business products while understanding requirements in order to provide direction and guidance on options for the best user experience as it pertains to business needs.
- Web applications: Develop user support experience and strategy for both new and existing products, leading cross functional teams to execute against recommended plans. Identify, drive, and optimize the operations support plan, leveraging support team members and Google technologies. Engage and partner with key Product decision makers to communicate and realize support goals. Maintain a pulse on user feedback, provide prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges, and provide meaningful feedback to product teams to improve the user experience.
- Systems Analysis: Able to provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing or new systems. Able to make recommendations on custom applications to help improve systems and technology. Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes. Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting of systems. Coordinate application development for multiple projects. Creates business process maps, transaction flow, and operational flows.
- Data Mapping: Developed data and business requirements for the enterprise platform modernization. Responsible for identifying requirements via conceptual data modeling, data flow diagram, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition. Provided data mapping Business Requirement support to the Database Modeler by identifying data element mappings between two distinct data models from the Legacy SGS Platform to the target modernization platform ControlMoney. Provided business requirement guidance for data transformation or data mediation between a SGS and ControlMoney. Identified and discovered hidden sensitive data such that were part of data masking.
- SQL: Collaborated with project stakeholders, development team and DBAs to understand and document business functional requirements, and derive the data requirements needed to support these business processes. Designed new business data requirements by modifying existing legacy data requirements to meet the business need. Perform simple SQL to extract testing of data and assisted QA in developing test plans and executing test scripts
- Web Service/API mapping: Interface with product owners and other tech analysts across teams to define the functional requirements to deliver effective API/micro-services for internal and external consumption. Working with development team to define functional specifications and documentation of web services/API stack.
- Testing: Collaborated with Business Analysts, Development, Project Management and Testers to ensure successful delivery of releases. Coordinated with QA testing team for Unit Testing, UAT, regression and end-to-end testing.
- ACH/Wire Transfer/Real-time payments: Extensive experience in Debit Card and ACH payment processing for SiguePay APP product implementation through Confidential Payment Gateway with Confidential . SiguePay is the Online Money/ Wire Transfer service and was the lead analyst for the Debit and ACH payment method analysis
Tools: VISIO, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, CRM, Service Now, MS SQL Management Studio
- Undertake due diligence & analysis of business processes which includes process mapping, issue identification and verification, identification of root causes and process improvement options
- Elicit, analyze, document, and communicate business requirements.
- Design Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD)
- Interface with team members across the organization including IT, business stakeholders and management to understand business needs, identify improvement opportunities and evaluate application support / alignment.
- Manage test planning, script development, execution, issue resolution and user acceptance processes.
- Organize work and priorities to establish realistic deadlines and meet or exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Perform current and future state analysis which includes process maps creation
- Experience to compare field logic between source and target systems to write up specifications for development team
Tools: Axiom Controller View (Transactional & Financial Reporting Tool), Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), JIRA, VISIO, MS SQL, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite
- Involved in implementing a data remediation solution with the use of MIS Tool “Data Doctor” that aimed to eliminate 340K manual adjustments in all Finance Area by building a strong governance and operating model in place
- Translate business and data requirements into functional specifications - critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Identify and assist in resolving issues, questions, and scope requirements gaps quickly and effectively enable delivery and support of applications; Coordinate system testing and user acceptance testing
Tools: MS SQL, Pathfinder, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project
- Involved in roll-in implementation of FRRR to APAC regions. The architecture involves SAP (ERP 2005, BI) driven using ETL for data load and Cognos for standard reporting.
- Conduct analysis on the business requirements to determine impact, build elements, high-level design etc.
- Support testing on behalf of users, operations, and testing teams potentially including creating/reviewing test plans, test cases, test-data and review of interface testing between different applications, when required
- Work with application developers to resolve functional issues from user acceptance testing (UATs) to help find solutions for various functional issues
- Experience in using SQL to resolve functional & data issues when the data didn’t pass correctly the GFIS Staging from Source to achieve GFIS standard and ETL which handles the standardized transformation, validation & error handling layer
Tools: SAP GGL, Toad - SQL Query Analyzer, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Office Suite, Informatica
- Prepares functional business specifications and test cases to be used in the implementation of the company’s products and solutions
- Assists bank customers in trade finance and payment solution (Eximbills: a J2EE-compliant web application providing support for advanced e-commerce, open account and trade related services)
- Collaborate between Bank users and technical team for the change requests
Tools: Eximbills Enterprise, Dreamweaver, HTML
- Assists in system analysis and design; Participates in application system development
- Assists in implementation of new system
Tools: PowerBuilder, Sybase SQL