- 8+ years industry experience as Business Analyst with excellent understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Analysis, Business Process Modeling.
- Worked closely with project stakeholders, SMEs, staff to understand the requirements and specifications for new applications along with re-engineering the existing application.
- Extensive experience in diversified industry sectors including Mortgage, Credit Card, Insurance, Commercial and Investment Banking.
- Full understanding of Rational Unified Process (RUP) using Rational Rose Modeler, Rational Requisite Pro, Unified Modeling Language (UML) in the context of Water fall methodology and Agile Methodology - SCRUM.
- Strong Knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Business Architecture.
- Excellent understanding of Data services, Data ETL using SQL query tools and applications.
- Effective in Facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to gather, synthesize and prioritize requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshop, site visits, and surveys.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Risk analysis and Cost/Benefit analysis.
- Extensive experience in the development, implementation and integration strategies within a team oriented environment, utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing project documentation such as: Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), and Use Case Specifications.
- Working expertise in Workflows and UML diagrams such as Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Class diagrams.
- Experience in developing GUI, working together with developers and end-users to perfect the end-users requirements.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verifying performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues.
- Familiar in design and develop test plans and test scripts.
- Ability to work both independently and in cross-functional team environments manages and prioritizes multiple projects, quick learner.
Requirement Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, MS Word with hyperlink Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio Defect tracking tools: Rational Clear Quest Databases: DB2, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g Version Control Tool: Rational Clear Case Utilities: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), MS Project, MS SharePoint, Informatica Power Center 8.6 Application server: IBM Web Sphere, WebLogic
- Master of Business and Administration
- Bachelor in Economics
- Worked on Data Analysis to build Strategy Web application for database integration.
- Elicited requirements for development of the users’ GUI, interfacing with various systems.
- Assisted the project managers with the development of project schedules using MS Project 2010.
- Prepared Business Process Models that depicted modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual and procedural level.
- Acted as a liaison for projects with other corporate departments, including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendor relationships
- Analyzed the existing reports of the reporting system in the database. Checked the consistency of the data after ETL process using SQL queries.
- Documented project artifacts such as Stakeholders Analysis, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Test cases and Test Plans.
- Reviewed and analyzed data mapping using Infomatica Powercenter 8.6.
- Maintained and updated version control of the documentation using Rational ClearCase.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Business Process using MS Visio or Rational Rose Modeler.
- Conducted user interviews, JAD sessions, brain storming and surveys. Gathered and analyzed the requirements using Rational Requisite pro.
- Extensively worked in Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping for ETL process.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in UAT testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements.
- Was responsible for creating and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation and test plans using MS Project, MS Visio, and Rational Suite software.
- Worked extensively with SMEs and conducted JAD sessions in order to understand and document their requirements pertaining to the Credit Card processes. Worked with all levels of client staffs in solution definition.
- Supported Data Analysis in Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping in preparation for data transfer.
- Created the User Interface manual for the web users based on the GUI functionality and the user accessibility decided by the business and the stakeholders, while being adhered to the compliance.
- Assisted with product evaluation, product customization and system integration. Involved in GAP analysis around the identification of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions.
- Co-authored Business Requirements Document (BRD) with the business users. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members.
- Analyzed user problems, including automated and manual business processes and identified, researched, investigated, defined and documented business processes.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using UML.
- Coordinated activities between business unit and technical staff, developed new methods, policies, and procedures to meet the business needs, as well as acted as primary trainer in education of the business units as it related to business applications.
- Worked on data quality and validated business scenarios for a new database that support Window OS and Linux.
- Assisted with user testing of system developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place.
- Involved in the preparation of the test plan accordingly based on the test conditions.
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations, gathering and analyzing requirements to deliver the BRD.
- Prepared screenshot GUI using Photoshop and Visio.
- Participated in functional design sessions, creates and executes SQL test scripts, and aids in the solution of data issues.
- Validated the test data in DB2 database on Mainframes using SQL queries.
- Worked with SMEs and Developers to develop and design the GUI of the system.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using UML methodology.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Coordinated in database changes needed for the front end development team, explained and guided them on the database architecture and objects for effectively accessing the database.
- Documented Application Support Guide (ASG) and User Manuals.
- Assisted with user testing of systems User Acceptance Testing (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place
- Worked with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Acted as a resource in understanding how IS carry out business functions and assists in ensuring the timely and effective implementation
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Studied and assessed the clients systems and business processes.
- Addressed all aspects of the claim processing lifecycle, starting from identifying a claim right up to closure.
- Provided key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Established a business Analysis methodology around the Rational Unified Process.
- Researched the various steps in the lifecycle and then constructed the system in such a way that the riskier claims could be easily identified and monitored.
- Worked heavily on SQL Server database to extract data and build Business reports.
- Streamlined clerical work processes and mapped to the automated system.
- Provided management to quick and easy access to all current economics (i.e. construction status, leasing status, etc.) of the collateral pertaining to all the loans in the portfolio.
- Developed project plans and managed scope using MS Project.
- Assisted in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose and Visio.
- Performed requirement analysis, went through all the use cases and workflows.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose Modeler.
- Played a key role in the planning, User Acceptance Testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Worked as business analyst to support the re-design of the Mortgage Asset Management System. Extensively involved in the development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Analyzed business needs, created and developed new centralized back office system for specific area including mortgage and lending.
- Wrote technical papers, gathered technical requirements, and compiled them to help the design the system.
- Gathered and documented business requirements. Formulated logical statements of business requirements research and evaluated alternative solutions to recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution for system design.
- Established a business analysis methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process).
- Analyzed existing systems logic difficulties and revised them as the needed.
- Assisted in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Designed and developed use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and OOD using UML.
- Participated in JAD sessions to collect the software requirement and used Requisite Pro to maintain the requirements.
- Assisted the Sr. Business Analyst in requirements gathering and documentation.
- Discussed and resolved changes to requirements with all personnel involved.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Created Use Cases and Activity Diagrams.
- Converted Business Requirements to the Functional Specification.
- Generated Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Activity, State Transition and sequence diagrams to demonstrate critical processes.
BUSINESS ANALYST, Confidential, Cleveland OH Mar 2011 – Apr 2012
Environment: MS Visio 2010, Rational RequisitePro 7.0.x, Rational Rose Modeler, Rational ClearCase, MS Project 2010, MS Office suite 2010, Oracle, SQL server, SQL queries, Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.
BUSINESS ANALYST, Confidential, Edison NJ Feb 2010 - Mar 2011
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, MS Project 2007, MS Visio 2007, MS Office suite 2007, SQL Server 2008, VB, C#, Linux OS, Window OS.
BUSINESS ANALYST, Confidential, San Antonio, TX May 2008 - Jan 2010
Environment: Rational Suite, Photoshop, MS Project 2007, MS Visio 2007, MS Office suite 2007, SQL, DB2.
BUSINESS ANALYST, Confidential, Seattle WA Jan 2007 - June 2008
Environment: MS Visio 2000, MS Office suite, My SQL, VB, MS Access, MS Project 2000, IBM Cognos, Unix OS, Window OS.
BUSINESS ANALYST, Confidential, HCM City – Vietnam Feb 2004 – Oct 2005
Environment: MS Visio 2000, MS Office, SQL Server, C, MS Access, MS Project 2000, Window OS, Linux OS.
BUSINESS ANALYST, Confidential, HCM City – Vietnam May 2002 - Jan 2004
Environment and Tools: MS Visio 2000, MS Office, SQL Server, C, MS Access, MS Project 2000, Doors.net, Window OS.