- Sr. Business System Analyst with 8 years of work experience in Marketing, Mortgage and Financial Services.
- Experience with CRM systems in general (SAP, Oracle, Siebel, Salesforce.com), ModelN.
- Experience working with web applications and supporting a corporate web-site for a marketing perspective.
- Experience of requirement gathering and analysis process in a client facing role.
- Experience of creating Functional Specification Documents (FSD), Business Requirement Documents.
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Management Systems and proficient in SQL.
- Proficient with campaign management/execution tools (e.g., Unica, SAS MA, Alterian)
- Proficient with Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Microsoft Reporting/Analysis Services).
- Solid understanding of Marketing concepts, Direct Mail.
- Experience working in Blueprinting sessions and used various tools and technologies.
- Understanding of data warehouse and data mart concepts.
- Knowledge of Windows Server, SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio and T-SQL.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading process, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solutions.
- Understanding the specifications for Data Warehouse ETL Processes and interacting with the data analysts and the end users for informational requirements.
- Proficient knowledge of Complex SQL queries using clients like TOAD and SQL Plus
- Understanding of Credit Risk and Market Risk concepts such as PnL and finance control function.
- Wrote BRD, FRD, use cases, test scenarios, test cases for testing the functional and non-functional aspects of both ETL jobs and Reporting jobs.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange rates, currencies, and other trading markets.
- Experience in SEO/analytic support for web sites and digital/social media marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of consumer lending product and life cycle such as auto origination processes, pricing, mortgage, marketing.
- Familiarity with SQL Server stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Strong understanding of quickly gain such, of applicable laws, regulations, and guidance in the subject area as well as the desire to keep up with changes in a complex environment
- Ability to work on multiple project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Conversions, Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL).
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with customers, associates and management.
- A track record of working effectively as part of a team.
- Involved in gathering requirements for creating web services supporting the SOA effort.
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data ware house/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Business Objects Modules (Reporter, Supervisor, Designer, and Web Intelligence).
Programming Languages: SQL, Transact SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, COBOL, Visual Basic 6.0/5.0/4.0, HTML 4.0, XML, JAVA, J2EE, J2SE5.0, .NET framework 3.5 , Informatica V8.6. Database Systems: SQL Server 2005/2000 , Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Sybase 12, DB2, ERWIN, and MS Access 2003/2000,Teradata,Metadata. Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Erwin. Process Tools: Rational Rose Suite, RUP, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, XP (Extreme Programming).PORTIA V9.0, FIX, SWIFT, SASV9.0. Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognosv8.0. Operating System: Windows NT 4.0/98/2000, XP, UNIX, Sun Solaris Version Control System Tools: PVCS, Rational Clear Case Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise Suite, QTP V9.5, Win Runner V9.2, Load Runner, HP Quality centre 10.0
MBA- Corporate Finance, 2003
Confidential, NJ Nov 2010 - Present
Role: Sr. Marketing Business Analyst
- Provide IT project and application support for sales and marketing teams
- Assist in the development of CRM application.
- Assist in the development of the corporate web-site from a customer perspective
- Conduct business process analysis and design for the sales and marketing business areas leading design discussions with senior management
- Develop and maintain configuration and functional design documentation
- Develop test cases, execute testing and coordinate testing with business representative
- Ability to perform all tasks within the software development lifecycle at a senior level, including the ability to lead design discussions and workshops with business area management and document business processes.
- Lead and coordinate marketing campaign and reporting processes and associated tasks such as requirements, functional specification and other client documentation.
- Lead and coordinate System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing, and associated activities such as test plan, test cases and test execution as related to marketing campaigns and reporting.
- Support production staff & client end users in the use of the overall client solution with a focus on marketing campaigns and reporting.
- Act as primary BSA client contact.
- Lead and coordinate Change Management initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate Issue Management events from identification through resolution.
- Help to develop and implement processes and methodologies.
- Mentor, coach and lead Associate BSAs and BSAs.
- Works with Marketing and IT teams to develop complex queries and reporting to assess the viability of marketing programs using SAS base code, SAS Business Intelligence, SAS Marketing Automation, SQL and other reporting tools.
Confidential, MA Mar 2008 – Oct 2010
Role: Sr. Business System Analyst/ Marketing
- Responsible for the design and build of marketing campaigns and reports based on business objectives.
- Provides analysis of campaign results including trends, anomalies, testing results, key insights and recommendations.
- Involved in creating new database according to customer specifications and business requirement.
- Creates and maintains processes and procedures to assure accurate and timely analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Ensures data accuracy including reconciliation of data across multiple reports and sources.
- Work closely with application developers to convey and interpret requirements, analyze and evaluate data needed to meet these requirements, and provide QA services.
- Review current database and propose design changes to meet requirements.
- Work with Business Analysts to develop business requirements
- Analyze requirements and translate them into detailed database design.
- Develop procedures and triggers in support of application development.
- Perform system performance reviews and optimize system.
- Analyzed Material Management Systems including material types, material groups, and Vendor Master data.
- Reviewed Inventory Management Components, Goods Receipts, Reservations, and Batch Management, including material movement types, control reasons, and batch search strategies for gathering requirements.
- Defined organizational policies in the areas of Company Codes, Purchasing Organizations.
- Automate and standardize periodic reports.
- Debug system failures and correct root cause.
- Perform requirements traceability analysis and add test cases to cover gaps.
- Understands GMACFS, Treasury Operations, and Capital Management goals and practices and applies them when resolving a variety of problems.
Environment: Access 2000/2002/2003, SQL, Windows XP Professional, Excel VBA, Access VBA, Excel 2002/2003, MS Visio, Visual Basic, SQL
Confidential, San Diego, CA Jul 2006 – Feb 2008
Role: Business Analyst
- Participated with other developers, project managers, and business owners in conceptualization and development of new applications.
- Participated in the testing process through test review and analysis also Participate in developing program specifications and document design.
- Assisted in the evaluation of new functionality and participated in the implementation new database using client’s databases for marketing analysis.
- Involved in requirement gathering sessions with clients and created BRD documents.
- Developed new product ideas to fuel growth, conducted research on emerging application development technologies, software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Monitored and tracked material usage charged towards jobs, paper inventory, click reporting.
- Prepared finished product for next stage of processing.
- Contacted equipment Service Company when necessary for diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with equipment.
Confidential, WI Jan 2005 – Jun 2006
Role: Business System Analyst
Fiserv is leading service providers for financial institutions. Currently they have many financial products in market such as Mobile Money, Online Bill Pay.
- Accumulate data from Sales, Marketing and Finance for performing data analysis to prepare reports for Marketing VP
- Performed Data Migration from legacy spreadsheet tables to Oracle, and Data Mapping for easy and faster access to information
- Designed and Administered Teradata Scripts, Tables, Indices and Database Objects
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements and performed Data Analysis, Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Entity Relationship Diagram, using Normalization and strong understanding of Relational Database management system (RDBMS).
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access. Produce performance reports and implement changes for improved reporting.
- Created high level process flows and various workflow diagrams for the base product using UML
- Created Gap Analysis document which points out the gaps between the current product out-of-box and the various use cases and High Level Requirements.
- Designed and developed test plan, wrote and executed test scripts for the Data Warehouse.
- Created feasible possible solutions to the Gaps between the current product and clients base requirements
- Lead Business Intelligence reports development efforts by working closely with Microstrategy, Teradata, and ETL teams.
- Designed DataStage ETL jobs for extracting data from heterogeneous source systems, transform and finally load into the Data Marts.
- Created data mapping documents between the current database for the product and all the client side database and identified all the extra data variables needed for the project
- Created Test Data and tested SQL database referential integrity and unique constraints
- Loading staging tables on Teradata and further loading target tables on SQL server via DTS transformation Package
- Extensive experience in Data Analysis and ETL Techniques for loading high volumes of data and smooth structural flow of the data.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Validated the test data in DB2 tables on Mainframes and on Terawatt using SQL queries.
- Created various design documents (User interfaces) for the project according to the client’s requirement using MS Visio
- Created an engineering specification design document identifying each field on the User Interface (UI) and their mapping back to the database as an input to the developers
- Conducted internal review meeting within the functional team and captured all the necessary changes and implemented them
- Conducted various meetings with the technical and data architect to verify various functional and business changes requested in the current product
- Identified and documented Issues, risks, and gaps, and their descriptions and impact, and provided recommendations and alternatives. Analyzed and covered gaps in training, and published the relevant documentation
- Created various use cases, test scripts, main flows, alternative flows based on the User Interface
- Created various Help documents for the current product and conducted various presentation for the client
Environment: Quality Center, Windows NT Server, SQL, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio, Requisite Pro, SQL Server, Informatica Power Center 6.1
Confidential, MN Dec 2003-Nov 2004
Role: Business Analyst
Project: Reservation System Replacement Project: The scope of the project was to replace the existing application being used by the reservation agents of Northwest Airlines, Inc. with a web look and feel application. Key components of the project were to understand the existing application and combine then with process improvements as desired by the business.
- Analyzed the business and system requirements for the application.
- Interacted with user groups to derive the functional requirements.
- Developed Use Case along with functional requirements.
- Gathered requirements from the existing application.
- Involved in gathering requirements for creating web services supporting the SOA effort.
- Involved in creating user manuals used for Beta testing.
- Participated in JAD sessions.
- Worked closely with the QA team during functional testing.
- Interacted with the technical and the business team to take business and implementation decisions.
- Analyzed the existing application and understand the logic behind the existing processes.
- Strong knowledge of ResNet interface.
- Strong knowledge of native Worldspan commands used by the ResNet application.
- Created periodic status reports.
- Held walkthroughs with the business and the technical team in order to communicate enhancement requests and to answer and clear all their queries.
Environment: MS Visio, Sabre QIK 3, MS Office, HTML, Windows 2000, Rational Rose.