- Business Analyst with around 5 years of IT experience in the fields of Software Development Life Cycle as Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and their variants experience Including requirement gathering, analysis and involved in development, testing and implementation, deployment and maintenance phases.
- Strong experience in Designing and drafting requirement traceability matrix (RTM).
- Experience in performing prototype designing.
- Experienced interacting with stakeholders, users, end client developers, testers to meet the business expectation.
- Extensive experience in functional requirement gathering and gap analysis in various projects at a client’s site.
- In - depth knowledge of various software development life cycles like Agile/Scrum, Waterfall.
- Experienced in conducting JAD sessions to develop and agree upon business requirements.
- Attending sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings with the team and stakeholder.
- Able to conduct Grooming Sessions. Handling onsite and offshore team.
- Good experience in Process and workflow design and documentation.
- Adept at creating and transforming business requirements into functional requirements and designing business models using UML diagrams- Use Case Sequence and Activity Diagrams Data-Flow Diagrams, Data Modeling, Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Proficient in preparing Client Requirement Documents (CRD), Business Requirements Document (BRD), Minor Development Document (MDD), and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Experience in both manual and automated testing tools in conducting QA testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Hands on experience in reviewing Test Cases, Test Scripts using Quality Centre. Experienced in drafting User Manuals/Guides, and Training Manuals and Presentations.
- Conversant in technologies such as Erwin and Rational Rose.
- Ability to prioritize requirements in conjunction with the stakeholders, multi-tasking and time management.
- Strong SQL knowledge on Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, User Defined Functions (UDF), Views, and Indexes.
- Leadership with result-oriented and problem solving skills and ability to effectively manage personnel and projects. Self starter; ability to deal people with conflicting needs, prioritize and schedule multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in the development, implementation and integration strategies within a team-oriented environment, utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
Methodologies: RUP, UML, Agile, Waterfall, SDLC
Business Skills: Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis & Research, Use Case Modeling, JAD Sessions, Requirements Gathering, Gap Analysis and Impact analysis
Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise suite, QTP, QC
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio
Project Management Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft office
Multimedia: Adobe Photoshop
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista Linux, OSX
Requirement Gathering tools: Rational requisite Pro MS word
Web Technologies: HTML, Macromedia s Dreamweaver and Flash
Web Servers: Apache
Middleware Servlets: Middleware Servlets
IT Business Analyst
- Strong understanding of SDLC and experience in all phases including requirement gathering, analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment using Waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Participated in Requirement Analysis and Gathering with the development team and the client understanding their specific scenarios.
- Doing Requirement gathering via brainstorming,JAD sessions and preparing FRDs,BRDs accordingly and getting sign off from the SME.
- Handling project planning and project scope with the Senior PM and stakeholder.
- Attended Review meetings to discuss Use-Cases, Business Rules, message rules, alternate flows and exceptions paths.
- Conduct joint application development sessions with the stake holders by gathering requirements of the solution
- Documented and Reviewed Supplements Specs and Business Documents for Use Case Entitlements.
- Interacted with the project team to assign priority to Projects based on dependency and criticality and maintaining the sprints and their backlogs in Agile.
- Assisted in documenting screen mock-ups in HTML and designing of applications using Axure.
- Write test scenarios to support the test team in generating the Test scripts and Test cases.
- Generating Test Reports for both Manual and Automated tests based on the test cases.
- Experience in Manual Testing using Quality Centre and HP ALM.
- Performed extensive Manual Testing on Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Well versed in Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing. Regression Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Actively interacted with the development team in resolving Bugs identified from Testing using JIRA tool.
- Implement customer feedback mechanisms and use knowledge of human factors.
- Using various methodologies in retrospective meetings so that no one gets bored and asking their point of views .
- Good knowledge of Programming languages like C, Java.
- Good Track record of producing High quality results while under Pressure.
- Designed a system to create a seamless customer experience for a high traffic e-commerce website through desktop, mobile and smartphone app interfaces.
- Designed mobile app for the same module for iOS and android system to stand in current trend.
- Conducted in-house demo using Microsoft ppt for better understanding of development and testing teams. As well as presented the same product design plan to business stakeholders for their inputs
Environment: Rational Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro),Axure RP, Agile-Scrum, UML, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, Test Director, Windows.
Talent acquisition specialist
- Taking care of end to end IT Recruitment/ IT Hiring process.
- Was into Business Development Group (BDG) which is most important group for Confidential .
- Managing complete recruitment life-cycle for sourcing the best talent from diverse channels after identification of manpower requirements.
- Pre-Screening the candidates to validate the credential against the job specification.
- Negotiating salaries, Co-ordination with the HR Manager for the Issue of Offer letters to the Qualified Candidates.
- To follow up till the candidate joins the organization.
- Monthly/Weekly reports about the status of the candidates short-listed, selected, offered and likely joiners.
- Assisted to new hire of Confidential until they settle into the role into the team.
- Sourcing profiles through multiple tools viz LinkedIn, Databases, internal references, Networking, Job portals (Monster and Naukri).
- Managing job postings, screening and scheduling of candidates, co-ordinating interviews.
- Sourcing candidates by references mapping for niche skills from specific companies.
- Conduct first level screening (Telephonic or video) to check communication Skills, technical skills, interest level, availability, salary, etc.
- Maintaining a systematic and comprehensive database of all candidates and Following up with the candidates till he goes on board.
- Recruiting for various engineering positions like Team Lead, Software Architects, Designers, Developers / Programmers, Managers, Sr. Managers, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Solution Delivery Managers, Program Managers, PMO Head.
- Daily meeting with superiors to discuss priorities and how to increase our business and its revenue.
- Involved into Client call on various situations.
- Communicating with Confidential ’s superior like Resource Head, Delivery Managers for how to grow company’s revenue and developing new strategies for that.
- Performed a project analysis on new projects, including requirements, personnel, and costs. Conducted daily Scrum meetings, Agile project planning and status sessions.
- Developed and maintained a work plan for system projects. Interacted closely with the business leads to provide testing estimates as part of the project plan.
- Provided reports and other documentation on projects to client and internal staffs, as needed. Applied strong organizational, time-management and planning skills based on the roles of each tester to deliver the release on time/budget despite aggressive timelines.
- Worked with team leaders and supervisors to ensure project and organizational deadlines are met.
- Ensured tracking of State Task Requests (STRs), including timelines for all phases of development.
- Coordinated updates with client's staff and implemented efficiencies in documentation maintenance.
- Organized and conducted extensive JAD sessions with users to identify and understand requirements.
- Responsible for doing the gap analysis for the interfacing system.
- Documented the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and the Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Coordinated with the different teams distributed at different geographic locations for various releases.
- Identified Actors, Activities, Artifacts and Workflows and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Created Use Cases, prepared use case diagrams (using Rational Rose) and followed Rational Unified Process at every stage of the process.
- Prepared and performed training to Client and Internal staff as a result of system changes.
- Coordinated with Reporting team for developing report prototypes in Cognos8(ER Studio), dash-boards, Mainframe, etc.
- Resolved/Tracked production issues with Reports in Rational ClearQuest.
- Facilitated requirements gathering activities, including meeting with users to discuss System Task Requests (STRs), Enhancements, and Project Assessment Quotations (PAQs) requirements.
- Documented issues and resolutions, and wrote specific requirements for system changes.
- Initiated UAT test plans, developed and executed test cases and scenarios; worked with users to develop specific acceptance criteria and prepared test exhibits.
- Made changes to online user help as required by the system changes.
- Involved in yearly HCPCs process implementation including add, delete and other changes.
Environment: Agile, Star UML, MS Project, MS office suite, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Windows.