SUMMARY:Self - motivated and detail oriented Business Analyst with experience in healthcare and financial services. Adept at working collaboratively with strong leadership skills to achieve business goals. Excellent communication and commitment to ongoing professional development to ensure currency and innovation in management and problem-solving.
Requirement Management: Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), TestTrack, RequisitePro, Team Foundation Server, Wireframes, Project planner.
Business Modeling: UML, Business process improvement.
Documentation Skills: Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Project Scope, User Acceptance Testing plan, Test cases.
Tools: MS Office 2010/2012, SQL Server 2008/2012, Visual Studio 2010/2012, VISIO, MS Office 365 Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Onenote, Skype), SharePoint, MICROSTRATEGY (reporting)
Languages: SQL, HTML, XML, CSS
Project management: SDLC, Agile SCRUM, Workfront
IT Business Analyst
- Managed (from inception to deployment) several major internal applications for the company.
- Efficiently executed several business process improvement analysis through “GAP analysis”, “ROI process” to understand business needs.
- Managed Agile SCRUM activities such as stand-up meetings, sprint planning, prioritize product backlog.
- Efficiently gathered requirement through exhaustive interview sessions, meetings and documented them formally as BRD and tech requirements document.
- Defined requirements through Use cases, user stories and work flow diagrams and kept track of the requirements through traceability matrix.
- Efficiently used proprietary tools for planning, analysis, documentation and communication like RequisitePro, Workfront, and Visio.
- Managed VSTS (Visual Studio Team Services) to create and track progress of Product backlog items, issues/bugs and monitor team progress.
- Familiar working with SQL and Office Tools to create business requested data/reports.
- Followed up on change requests through ‘Change management’ process, analyzed the requests with success rate, ROI and its impact on resources.
- Efficient at writing Test cases and performed UAT (user acceptance testing) before releasing the final application.
- Analyzed issues and worked with development team in designing/implementing and testing issues.
- Efficiently managed and tracked progress of development team and all cross functional teams throughout the project cycle (using VSTS, burndown chart etc.)
Technology: SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Agile SCRUM, SharePoint, MS Office 365 Suite, Visio, Workfront, RequisitePro, Wireframes, UML, MicroStrategy.
- Troubleshot and resolved errors in 837 and 834 transactions for health insurance exchanges and performed root cause analysis.
- Analyzed discrepancies in the eligibility reconciliation process for multiple stakeholders and continuous process improvement of the reconciliation process.
- Performed testing and thoroughly documented issues.
- Worked with technical team to resolve identified issues in a timely manner.
- Reviewed and documented training material for accuracy and assisted in end user training and support.
Technology: SQL Server 2008, MS Excel, MS Visio, SharePoint, MS Office 365 Suite. aug 2013 - JAN 2015
IT Business Analyst
- Managed projects starting from gathering requirements, eliciting user stories, documentation, testing and finally release planning through sprints.
- Conducted workshops, assisted in creating product backlog, Sprint backlog, Sprint burn-down chart in the AGILE environment
- Efficiently gathered business requirements by driving user-group meetings and conducting JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions. Held review meeting for further requirement clarification.
- Documented the product requirements through multiple Use Cases. Also presented key requirements through UML diagrams like use case and activity diagrams that provided detailed explanation of system process flow and results.
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using Microsoft Project. Worked as liaison in between the development team and the business client to meet project requirements. Scheduled and tracked progress of team members throughout the project.
- Hands on in formulating ad-hoc MS-SQL queries for analyzing datasets.
- Hands on in creating Excel reports, using v-look up, h-look up and pivots.
- Created Test plans with traceability to requirements using test management tool (HP-Quality Center) and by analyzing the requirements and design documents provided by the client.
- Maintained a document for capturing and reporting defects identified during UAT (User Acceptance Testing), capturing the severity, status, date reported/fixed and problem description.
- Conducted weekly review meetings with development team regarding the test plans, test cases, and reported the defects found (as prioritized).
Technology: SQL Server 2008, Team Foundation Server (TFS), TestTrack, Visual Studio 2010, MS Office, VISIO, SharePoint. may 2013 - AUG 2013
Frontend Web Developer
- Worked as a front-end web developer on internal projects of the company, focusing on front-end designing with hand coded HTML and CSS.
- My work also involved debugging and maintaining websites.